Question: What's your hunting setup and why?

I like to hunt small mobs.
Naked, sometimes it rapresent challenge still.
On them i use various small ranged weapons, chips or melee depend how i feel that day.
Ofc i use weapons with 100 and up dps if needed too.
On biger mobs i use armors wich protect me - what question is that "Why" - depend on type of damage mob is doing.
But yes could be why - if im on other planet than Calypso i need take into account that other planets dont have big faps and dont have resources to craft one and if mob do big damage where ul regen chip is not enought then i wear armor to save fap decay.
I use mostly UL gear - there is no why.

I mainly just hunt robots because they are a great menace to our world and they must all be destroyed!!!

For guns I just buy some cheap MU ones I can find in the auction.

I use a tier 1.x and almost all tier 2 RX optac armor. Some parts are tier 2.0.

Nowadays I'm hunting SEGs, the robot that wished he was a rabbit. Fun mob really.

The crater is a fun place also.

For a healing tool I pretty much use the gyro fap-35 (L) or the 40.

I used to be a gun man
but the MU was aweful man
i switched to chips
which was great for a bit
then i had an dream
how to make mobs scream
so now is blades
in spades and spades
it made me strong
now i know i was wrong
the future is clear
its melee melee melee

sometimes I wear armour

:yup::yup::yup::yup:

Main weapon: Songkra tier 6 + VI amp. 91 dps, and pretty affordable.

Armor: Liakon + 5b. I bought it because I was hunting korwil, and got tired of buying new Polaris parts. It also works for other medium mobs that does imp/cut/stab.

Fap: ur175 (L), although I rarely hunt mobs that require fapping because I'm lazy.

Tagger: I usually just use Opalo or something to get the mob closer, but sometimes I use lc-60 (L) or m83 (L) or similar.

I never cared much about eco, armor decay isn't an issue for me.

Mod Merc + H204
Adj A5 + H204/A106
Imp mk.III + H204/A106
Arson TEN
Imp Hedoc
Full Supremacy/Mod.5b or Naked

Depends on what I'm hunting and what I'm doing but most of the time I'll try to go naked and then armor up for some bigger mobs or if I'm trying to blast through a dense spawn quickly.

~Danimal

Baringer sr-37/beast t2 for tagging 150m
Gravis glr-33 t2/ a106 for 80- 5 m
Songkra t2/IV amp for close combat

Viceroy 5b

Or x-mas tree set:
Martial sga arms,gloves,feet, angel shins, improved vigi thighs, jarhead harness, jaguar helmet.

Goal: 1-3 globals every 200 ped.

Ped buffer: 100 clds and a growing number of auds. Profit gets immediately turned into deeds.

I sold all the expensive and unlimited gear, when I realized that the difference with (L) is very small, and the investments do not pay off. Now I do my hunts with:

Herman SIR-10 as tagger
Herman ARK-54 Arctic (L) + Dante, rifle is always crafted by myself
Philosopher Swords for medium mobs
Bukin's Blade for small mobs

FAP

GYRO Combat FAP-30 (L), always crafted by myself, i plan change it to GYRO Combat FAP-35 (L) in near future
I0 Pulse unit

Armor

- naked
- Gremlin
- eMINE PG (UL)
- Thunderbird (partially UL)
...with different kinds of plates 5B, 6A (and Pulsar in several cases, also crafted by myself)

I do not believe that the purchase all UL items is good idea for me. Now for me easier to do most items for themselves on their own. I came to this set by long-term tests and now completely satisfied. Maybe I'll buy another BP for more powerful rifle, but it will be later, when my level would be sufficient for this purpose.

You're not impressed with Gremlin? With 5B it's a very solid, armor for mid-level mobs. Not to mention it gives you reasonable access to CP.

It's probably great once it's been tiered up, but as it sits being tier 0, I have to heal up in the middle of a mob often weither it crits me or not. To me, that is the standard of acceptable armor. Tier 0 Gremlin + more than one Kretlin... not good. Like I said though, mine is tier 0 and it may improve vastly with some enhancers.
Resale on Gremlin is another sore point. I accidentally bought an extra set of arm guards and after 3 week of 5 ped below mark up in the AH, I TTed them.

But I must say... Adj. Pixie + 5b is some rock solid armor and is probably the only thing I have that I will refuse to ever get rid of. That and that it was my reward for graduating.

It's probably great once it's been tiered up, but as it sits being tier 0, I have to heal up in the middle of a mob often weither it crits me or not. To me, that is the standard of acceptable armor. Tier 0 Gremlin + more than one Kretlin... not good. Like I said though, mine is tier 0 and it may improve vastly with some enhancers.
Resale on Gremlin is another sore point. I accidentally bought an extra set of arm guards and after 3 week of 5 ped below mark up in the AH, I TTed them.

But I must say... Adj. Pixie + 5b is some rock solid armor and is probably the only thing I have that I will refuse to ever get rid of. That and that it was my reward for graduating.

Sorry to inform but you are clearly to low leveled for CP then, saying that as CP is more of a proteron pasture nowadays... no hard feelings, I was there once too.

Main Gun

CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition, tier 5.3 + Dante
Good dps for low skills and almost no cost in defence. Backside is that evade skillgains are more rare than über loot.

Rest
Opalo SGA for Soc Hunts

Lacerating Attack Chip IV (L) as finisher because range, damage and reload synergize well with the Spirit Mk.II on the mobs i hunt.

Some MF attack chips (L) and UL from I to VI for no special reason other than toying around with them depending on my mood.

Armor

Ghost + 5b
Adj Pixie +5b

Heal

(L) Heal Chips IV and VII , si.h.e.a.r.t , herb box and a ek2600 wich i never use but can't bring myself to sell it.

This setup gives me enough freedom to hunt a broad range ob midlevel mobs without worrying too much by replacing any (L) stuff frequently. Currently its all dusting inside my storage because even tough i deposit more than ever i have no peds for the "regular" calypso activities left. The mobs i believe that can grant me a better markup are still out of my range and the loot on the mobs i can hunt is so uninspiring and unimpressing that i can't find any reason to continue pulling the trigger.

Time for an update i guess, especially since my gear has changed around dramatically.

Armor Sets: Lion, Viceroy, Vigilante, and 5 parts of Shadow
Plates: 5B & 5A

Heal Tools: Regen VII & UR150 (L)

Primary Weapon: Ranked Combat Knife tier 7 + Trauma IV amp. This knife is extremely versatile. I have been skilling melee for just over a year now, ever since I found out that melee amps were to be introduced. The Health Point gains are worth sacrificing the pre-damage abilities of a long range weapon. Because of the Strength gains, my avatar can carry 365kg of stuff without getting bogged down. My evade skills have jumped up a lot, which will help me enormously in the long term.

Tagger: I bought a few more ML-35 and so Im using one of them as my tagger again. I also have a Camo Jungle Stalker that I've been playing with.

I did pick up a Ranked FlameThrower and its not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. In fact it might be a little under rated. The damage over time does take some getting used to but once you are used to it, you can prevent overkill by using a finisher for the last part of a mob. Its not hard to get a feel for when to stop. For people who want to skill BLP Sniper on a budget, this might be one of the better choices. At tier 4 with a Beast amp, its doing 69 DPS at 2.90x DPP and any normal BLP rifle with those stats would be double or triple the costs to purchase. Its not a bad little gun. When hunting hogglo with them, its hard to not think of sizzling bacon :p

I also have a tier 6 Ranked HK1750 and I have had a few of these before. The HK1750 has similar stats to a Kallous-7 but its a little less, however it costs about 5K ped less. For team hunting and shared loot, Melee usually sucks and there is no getting around that fact so with any situation where melee is less than ideal, I'm using the HK1750.

Additionally, I have an Isis Project Zero-Three. It and the King Kong Snubnose are great, I love buying them. Since MindArk likes to try and bleed my ped card dry, often ill switch down to smaller mobs and for those mobs, this gun is ideal, and since I need to tier this thing, it works out well.

Last edited:
Current setup:
Weapons
Kulokhar Glacier Sword
Any (L) laser carbine that fits an A103 with low MU
Xent Tech X3 + A102
Barbarella + A101
SI HK110 + ZX Zinkadus

Armor
ARC Gaurdian

Heal
SI Heart

Why? Because I'm still pretty much a noob and have been hunting a lot of shinkiba to finish off the Iron missions and this setup is as eco as I can put together and/or have available given a limited ped card.

My current setup is:
Jungle t4 + dante for tagging
Doa LM t7 + dante for close combat
sometimes I use a L amp.

adj hedoc t3 and perseus (L) or ghost + 5b

I try to hunt eco as possible using the range of my jungle to keep the defence cost as low as possible.
Proteron hunts is always fun since I never have to take a hit :)

Currently saving up to buy a unl armor set. angel or something in that pricerange, but until that I use my L set for now.
When hunting low lvl mobs I usually just buy a random (L) weapon that I find interesting at that point and use my ghost armor.

MM T7(soon) (because pew pew pew :D ) + hyper204 + Arson chip T6 to pair with the MM is gravy!

I used to use imk2, but I recently switched to MM due to the fact I like to hunt mobs with 3-4k+ hp, and MM over imk2 helps with kill speed and having fap/armor. (if I was hunting under 3-4k IMK2 all the way.)

Supremacy (I'm lazy and just like 1 armor for everything xD Just switch plates.)

Mod Mayhem, I considered Imp fap, but I think paired with MM Mod mayhem just increases kill speed with less time fapping, if I was using imk2 still I'd of gone imp fap route as speed doesn't matter as much.

Enhanced only if the mob is above certain hp or hits for more than 50 in armor.

I picked up a tier 5 Genesis ArcSpark and Melee Trauma VI the other day. I am 1 level away from maxing the SIB. Going from lvl 54 to 55 shouldn't take too long, especially if I hunt while in the SIB. I've wanted this blade for some time now and I'm very happy that one finally crossed my path. These things have an insane 70 attack per minute which eliminates overkill and makes it very easy to switch to a heal tool.

At tier 5 with Damage Enhancers and a Trauma Vi it's doing 94.46 DPS and 2.948 Damage Per Pec. I can't think of any weapon that can be used under level 60 that can produce those stats and also has a price under 20k.

Armor Options: 5 parts Shadow, full Lion, Boar, Vigi, Viceroy

Faps: Regen VII + UR150

Tag/Pre-Damage: ML-35

Current setup:
The Normandie Turrets

Why? Because everyone loves a 800hp critical hit :)

usually phantom with 5b+ ur125
imkII without amp, I'm 82/73 hit/dmg so i keep a keen eye on eco
Sometimes I add my hyper a204 (rarely)

eco is the positive thing, mob selecton the negative, with h204 i can do smaller hogglo/proteron but not much bigger
without the amp I do atrox plongu. sort of booring but the better eco sure is noticed, i havent depoed in some time now

nero

At tier 5 with Damage Enhancers and a Trauma Vi it's doing 94.46 DPS and 2.948 Damage Per Pec. I can't think of any weapon that can be used under level 60 that can produce those stats and also has a price under 20k.

I can :tongue2:

T7 Stingury :wtg:

t7_vi.jpg

t7_stinger.jpg

EDIT: OK so 20k wont get you the weapon and the amp-not from me anyway-but very close.
And the eco is pec-teenth off.

I can :tongue2:

T7 Stingury :wtg:

t7_vi.jpg

t7_stinger.jpg

EDIT: OK so 20k wont get you the weapon and the amp-not from me anyway-but very close.
And the eco is pec-teenth off.

Nice knife :)

Ancient Improved A-3 Justifier MK.II T7 + Hypercharged 204
Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition T6

i use the best possible gun i can at the moment with sib, just recently that was calytrek spirit mk.III and to that i use ghost with 5b or if going agains bots i use emine with plates.

Then i just pic the mob suitable for the setup so i get roughly between 15-20 shots to kill each mob and then fap maybe 2-4 times per kill.
Using this setup as i want to skill up as fast as possible and just reached level 50 :D

Main Gun:

ASG-12 / Spirit mk.III / Whirlwind ( whichever has lower MU on auction atm + beast/dante )

Finisher:

Philosopher Sword ( good eco , low TT )

Tager :

Fireforge sgh 2200 T1 + range enhancers (cheapes tag ingame around 115m)

Fap:

Herb Box + various ball ur's/heal chip IV-VI ( using what I loot actually )

Armor:

Nemesis, Zombie, Gremlin, Kobold, Goblin + 5B , 6A, 6B or 5D ( in various combinations give me good protection against all kinds of dmg - but Nemesis + 5B/6A i use 90% of time

What is interesting I kinda "downgraded" to such gear from Mayhem, Dragons Breath T4, Nano Katana T4, fap 69 SGA T2 worth ~60K peds to gear worth ~2K peds now and i am doing same mobs and runs I used to do before with similar or beter eco, similar TT %'s returns and that's all with some 58K peds less tighten up in gear. L is not bad after all and at 40 lvl evader at least Nemesis + plates is good enough all around armor for most CSI mobs :)

Main: Isis LR63 t9......A106 amp( with Shear Pro900 I can get 480 crits) :eyecrazy:
tagger:M71A2 t4 (170 m), VI Arsonistic chip
Heals: Adj. Hedoc Mayhem t3, 2500 SGA for bigger heals
Armor: Set Eon SGA (t3-t4)with 8a SGA plates, Perseus/Rutuba for acid creature when needed
(have appropriate plates for other elemental damage)
And my Bristlehog "Sparky" for an added 10HP :)

Last edited:
What do you guys recommend as a main hunting carbine:

The Jester D-7 or Gravis GLR-33? I've got level 38/35 hit/dmg. D-7 is maxed, GLR is non-sib.

Or something entirely different?

Well you entered spirit L series levels so look for it.

Before my (long) break I used this stuff mainly for a couple of years:
Apis + Dante
Ghost + 5B (for Robots)
Gremlin + 5B (for the Rest)

Still looking for a good replacement for the Apis+Dante combo, so if any suggestions please let me know (dont know much about the new guns from the past 2 years or so).

Just recently returned so for now I use TT gun with a101, Pixie armour hunting Foul :p

Itching to get back on my Eviscerator 10k mission though... :laugh:

Current setup:
Weapons
Kulokhar Glacier Sword
Any (L) laser carbine that fits an A103 with low MU
Xent Tech X3 + A102
Barbarella + A101
SI HK110 + ZX Zinkadus

Smart noob.
I still use those guns when I hunt the smaller mobs. ECO!

Back