CALLING ALL COUNTRIES!!! WoF & Calypso NEED YOU!!!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF to the rescue!
In short, it's like this. There is a serious and imminent threat to Calypso, and most government forces are deployed elsewhere. In the absence of a functional militia the powers that be have elected to utilize the most powerful force our civillians can muster; the combined and competitive firepower of every nation on old Planet Earth. After a gap of nearly two years the World Of Firepower Tournament is to be resurrected WITH ALL HASTE as an official event with many government incentives. WoF participants will be scoring points as well as neutralizing invasions from unexpected foes. The future of Calypso lies in their heavily-armed hands.

We need EVERY Nation we can get; and as many teams as possible.
No matter how small your team or Nation there are reasons to take part. Although allied teams have been allowed in the past (and will continue to be eligible in the absence of single national teams also featured in the alliance, as countries cannot be represented twice), Nations are urged to consider a dedicated national team for the sake of the competition. In order to make the playing field more level, Support scores are now more heavily capped, including (for the first time) during the Final. Individual prizes in each stage will reward different aspects of play, and just being there offers a chance at any special loots that may form part of the event. You don't have to prove your nationality, just state your allegiance. Hunters of EVERY LEVEL will find something they can shoot at and a chance of prizes for doing so, and Medics should find some employment too.

It's a lot to ask, but we need AT LEAST 25 teams to start this thing. The first WoF found 37. The last one, 6 WoFs later, raised 18. By then I'd found myself less and less able to meet the demands of promoting and running the WoF (or even decide on the dates) but we still had a thousand avatars shooting the hell out of everything. After 6 years as a bootleg event the WoF is now OFFICIAL, and will benefit from PROMOTION on all media as well as providing more, and better prizes than ever before. The aim is to bring the WoF back now and starting next year, hold it regularly with greater spectacle each time.

Wanna know the killer?

KICK - OFF is OCTOBER 18th + 19th.​

The Tournament will run alongside upcoming Mindark Events, taking pauses where needed, meaning some Stages will take place after the New Year. All team registration will still be done through PCF.

The WoF 2014 Sub-Forum should be up as soon as possible but interest may be registered here for now.

For now, we need to know:
NATION OF CHOICE:
FULL AVATAR NAME:

CHOICE OF CAPTAIN (if known):

A SHORT RECAP OF THE CURRENT RULES:​

Teams should represent a Nation of Earth as recognized by the organisers (Flag, Language, Land as a rough guide). Those who feel more aligned to these virtual lands may still hunt for either Eudoria or Amethera.
Teams score points by globalling on various listed Mobs.
Various amounts of bonus points are attached to different scoring achievements.
All hunts are 3 hours each.
Teams are required to elect their own Captain, divide their members into Main Teams and Support Teams, and liase with the Organisers about their chosen match times, all of which is conducted through PCF.
Main Teams are up to 12 Members, of which a maximum of 6 will hunt at once. Support Teams can be of any size.

SCHEDULE:​

October 18th+19th: QUALIFIER ROUND A
Each team conducts a 3-hour hunt against the QA Moblist
October 25th+26th: QUALIFIER ROUND B

Each Team conducts a 3-hour hunt against the QB Moblist

Scores from QA and QB are combined to give Qualifying Totals, top 24 teams progress.

Dates to follow;

GROUP STAGE A (Top 24 Teams from the Qualifiers): 3 Weekends of hunts as 6 Groups of 4 hunt against each other in turn.

GROUP STAGE B (Top 12 Teams from Group Stage A): 3 Weekends of hunts as 3 new Groups of 4 hunt against each other in turn.

SEMI-FINALS (Top 6 Teams from Group Stage B): 1 Saturday, 3 one-on-one matches.

3-WAY FINAL (Top 3 Finalists): 1 Saturday (Probably February 2015).

Hints for the first moblist? News of the threat was largely unspecific, but the language was unmistakably robotic;)

I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL JUDGES PAST AND PROSPECTIVE; looks like this time around we get some PED for the hours of standing around adding scores as they happen, PRIORITY GIVEN TO JUDGES OF PREVIOUS WoFs BUT ALL APPLICATIONS WELCOME. If you want to be a Judge just add that preference in your sign-up post here or in the Sub-Forum or contact me directly.

Look forward to seeing what this year's braves are capable of.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Hooraaay!

Spawn the sub-forum, I will register team CZ/SK. Can't wait to blast some stuff under my country flag! :D
(Quite short notice for qualifications, but what we can do (will have troubles with qualli b timing)).

Nation of choice: Any country :laugh:
Avatar: Yettie Painwrecker vonNjaapenstein
Captain: :scratch2:

NATION OF CHOICE: BeNeLux
FULL AVATAR NAME: Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
CHOICE OF CAPTAIN (if known): don't know yet

Don't be a noob :p, don't tell me you guys won't form three teams instead of this bs.

Like we know the debate , nobody wants Euroasia VS AmericoafricaAustralia or whatever..

We need teams!

Don't be a noob :p, don't tell me you guys won't form three teams instead of this bs.

Like we know the debate , nobody wants Euroasia VS AmericoafricaAustralia or whatever..

We need teams!

Well the whole reason BeNeLux was made is because we didn't have enough people to form a national team.
I doubt it will be any different this year..

I don't think anyone from Luxembourg joined in the past tho, so if you prefer we can call the team BeNe :yay:

Yay for WOF!
Shame it's on such short notice, I know there has been rumors but this is first concrete info and only 3 weeks to go...

We need teams!

If you try to school others, at least be consistent with what you are doing... otherwise you lose all the credit....

Hooraaay!

Spawn the sub-forum, I will register team CZ/SK. Can't wait to blast some stuff under my country flag! :D
(Quite short notice for qualifications, but what we can do (will have troubles with qualli b timing)).
NATION OF CHOICE: Czech Republic (or possibly Czech & Slovakian team)
FULL AVATAR NAME: Pecka ecka Martinek
CHOICE OF CAPTAIN (if known): Voting myself of course :p

If you try to school others, at least be consistent with what you are doing... otherwise you lose all the credit....

If you would be here since the first WOFs, you would know that Benelux team was created to stand a chance against bigger teams, not because the countries would lack good and active players (exception is maybe Luxemburg).

Slovakian players were supporting Czech team since the first WOFs, it's only after teams like Benelux popped out we officially named the team CZ/SK

Only thing I am doing is encouraging guys to form separate teams, rather then automatically going for alliance that was never supposed to be allowed in first place.

Rules are set well, go and represent whatever country you want, so everyone can play.

Benelux team should do the same and play under team Germany for example.. THen it would be fair! :)

As said in the first post, we'd prefer National (single) teams where possible. If alliances feel they cannot do well without each other I would suggest sharing of Support before deciding to merge fully, but I will allow any unchallenged alliance (where none of the nations involved are a single-nation 2014 team as well) which has previously been allowed.

Hurrikane

Great to see the early interest by the way, pass the word around, especially to our more foreign friends. We need Spain, Russia, China, Norway and all those other teams that have good players here.

Oh and to answer an early question; yes, the noob globals lower than 50 ped still count for scoring. It's the trumpets, not the amount they're worth.

...it IS short notice, yes.... but teams that are formed now only have to be good enough to Qualify, and can recruit more and grow in strength as the Tournament continues.

Hurrikane

Sub-Forum now up, will be working on it this evening, in the meantime, still post your registration HERE if possible and I will paste it over later.

Hurrikane

NATION OF CHOICE: Netherlands OR benelux IF NOT possible OR ELSE no wof
FULL AVATAR NAME: Storm Spawn Bootcamp
CHOICE OF CAPTAIN (if known): Unknown

It IS fun to move your posts to the Team Threads one-by-one but as the Team Threads are OPEN NOW it's more than cool to post your registration in the appropriate Thread yourself;)

Hurrikane

We need more teams!

Ten so far, we need at least FIFTEEN more.... sign up and defend the honour of somewhere!

Hurrikane

New Countries WELCOMED!

Hurrikane

I am available for either Spain or England! :confused:

I am available for either Spain or England! :confused:

Espana! At last! Would LOVE to see a team Spain, hoping you can find others.

Hurrikane

Ah ok Hurrikane, challenge accepted! I will try and make a concerted effort to make it happen if possible.

If any Spanish people or people living in spain are interested please message me here on PCF :)

It IS fun to move your posts to the Team Threads one-by-one but as the Team Threads are OPEN NOW it's more than cool to post your registration in the appropriate Thread yourself;)

Hurrikane

/mod note/ Hurri, I've moved all the country-specific registration posts so far to their respective team threads for you. The ones that were non-specific have been left.

For everyone else: please post your team registration and recruitment posts in your own threads from now on, ok?

NATION OF CHOICE: Akbal
FULL AVATAR NAME: Sir Azzah Neu
CHOICE OF CAPTAIN (if known): Qing-Jao Rei Fei-Tzu

I object to fictitious countries being created... we already have two generic teams. We dont need more.

Yes I'm being serious

A SHORT RECAP OF THE CURRENT RULES:​

Teams should represent a Nation of Earth as recognized by the organisers (Flag, Language, Land as a rough guide). Those who feel more aligned to these virtual lands may still hunt for either Eudoria or Amethera.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Teams score points by globalling on various listed Mobs.
Various amounts of bonus points are attached to different scoring achievements.
All hunts are 3 hours each.
Teams are required to elect their own Captain, divide their members into Main Teams and Support Teams, and liase with the Organisers about their chosen match times, all of which is conducted through PCF.
Main Teams are up to 12 Members, of which a maximum of 6 will hunt at once. Support Teams can be of any size.

Are there any major changes in rules for the moment, compared to previous years?

I was thinking mainly about the previously annouced Changes in support team rules.

Are there any major changes in rules for the moment, compared to previous years?

I was thinking mainly about the previously annouced Changes in support team rules.

A couple of tweaks (Lower support caps and a support cap in the final) but the "Mercenaries" idea has not gone through this year.

Hurrikane

While I welcome your entry, Akbal is not a valid Team name. The only exceptions to the Earth Nations rule are Eudoria and Amethera (which generate enough complaints as it is). Please select a name within the rules. Eudoria and Amethera were allowed to accomodate the people who had more allegiance to the place they spent their time (in-game) than where they lived in RL, also to provide a place for those who did not wish to broadcast their feelings on patriotism. The option for those who don't wish to join Eudoria or Amethera is to form a team on behalf of another valid, but under-represented Nation.

Sorry for being picky on this but Rules are Rules.

Hurrikane

you forgot someone?

no Soviet Union or Russian team?

Last edited by a moderator:
no Soviet Union or Russian team?

TEAM RUSSIA have a rich WoF history, taking part several times and one-time FINALISTS.

I would welcome a Russian team this year but as yet, no-one has started one.

Hurrikane

MAJOR UPDATE on way for all WoF Teams

Pretty much what the title says, major update on the way for all the WoF teams. Stay tuned for some important news.... working on new info now and should be posted later on in every Team Thread tonight.

Hurrikane

Back