WoF Team Eudoria

Oh Kosh :) It may be that I ran out on some of that pride with WoF 2012.

Remember WoF 2012? It was that gruesome year when only a handful of us were still willing to stand up and defend Amethera. We did not last long. So I carried on, offering the little firepower I had for the greater good of Calypso.

Now, the good people of Team Eudoria took me in, it was of course crazy fun and so I am back for more!! :D

No worries Raven. I remember the last hunt of Amethera, it was indeed just us two, but we still got a few points.

Have fun and good luck to Eudoria ;)

I am happy to hunt Eviscerators although the mob list says it is THE EVISCERATOR which is not quite the same thing and well out of my league :)

I am happy to hunt Eviscerators although the mob list says it is THE EVISCERATOR which is not quite the same thing and well out of my league :)

I was referring to the eviscerator in the support list... not The Eviscerator, although I am sure you could handle that just fine. :cool:

Go Team Eudoria!! :cheer:

For those Team Eudoria members who are not yet part of the private WoF Team Eudoria forum, moderator status has been sorted.

Please go here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

And select the join group dot next to WOF Team Eudoria, then select the Join Group button at the bottom of the list. I'll approve requests as I receive them.. and when I am logged in.

Also, still accepting new members for WoF Team Eudoria! Come out and support where you were born on Calypso!

However...

I'm in! :)

However, I don't really have any ped hence no guns or ammo.

I'll be there nonetheless, doing something or other, in some capacity.

I have no idea how to play this game any more :D

Land of all good things!

Yay Clam! You gonna be our cheerleader? :cheer:

We'll sort something out, don't you worry! ;)

I'm in! :)

However, I don't really have any ped hence no guns or ammo.

I'll be there nonetheless, doing something or other, in some capacity.

I have no idea how to play this game any more :D

Land of all good things!

Possibly my favourite ever post by J Boy.

H

Hello TEAM EUDORIA and welcome to the WoF.

As a constant feature of the WoF, and one-time Semi-Finalists, your presence is once again anticipated eagerly on the field. At least you haven't far to travel.

This post contains vital scheduling information, match times and news of prizes, please read on.

SCHEDULING:

As many are aware the WoF is designed to run best with over 24 teams involved. It can take place with less if the schedule is changed. At present there are 17-18 teams, due largely to the short notice of the event. The Qualifiers are now being extended to allow late-forming teams to register.

Qualifier Stage One
will now take place over TWO weekends; October 18th/19th, and October 25th/26th. The spawns involved will remain throughout the week and over both weekends. Teams only have to hunt ONCE during this time to get their Stage One score. Those who have not finalised a time for this coming weekend will be able to hunt the next weekend instead. ALSO; those who are hunting on the 18th/19th and are unhappy with their score may RE-TAKE the hunt on the second weekend and use the higher of their two scores as their Stage One score. I cannot guarantee enough Judges to allow teams to take two hunts on the SAME weekend. So if you want two goes at a good score, turn up for both weekends.

Then there will be a weekend off for Halloween, the 1st and 2nd of November;

Then there will be two weekends of a new invasion/moblist for Qualifier Stage Two; November 8th/9th, and November 15th/16th. The same rules will apply; teams are only required to hunt once, during EITHER weekend, but are allowed to attend BOTH weekends in order to try to better their Stage Two score.

The combined scores from Stage One and Two
will give the Qualifying Totals for progression.

Dates for WoF stages held after the Qualifiers are yet to be announced.

PROGRESSION:

There are three ways things could happen. To summarize;

If more than 24 teams sign, the top 24 will progress to Stage 3 and form 6 groups of 4 teams, each having 3 matches against the others in their group. The top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

If more than 18 teams sign, the first group Stage will consist of 6 groups of 3 each having 2 matches (against the others in their group) in a 2-weeks-on, 1-week-off format. The top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

If no more teams sign, then the top 12 of the 17-18 team will progress and the first Group Stage will be removed from the tournament, making Stage 4 into the new Stage 3.

TIMESLOTS: If you have not selected a timeslot for your Stage One hunt please do so BEFORE MIDNIGHT THURSDAY (all times in-game time) and let me know by PM. This also applies to MAIN TEAM LISTS although these can be confirmed to the Judge on the day. If you would like to book a second slot in advance you can. If you would prefer to just hunt on the first or second weekend you can. If you would like to change your original timeslot now you know there are two weekends involved, you can. If you want to wait until you see what you get before booking the second weekend... you can. I would also welcome any booking of Stage Two hunts, the sooner the better so the Judges can be found.

PRIZES: As well as the usual Jackets and funky hardware (news to come) awarded to the Winners and Finalists, this year there will be a large incentive for smaller teams who hunt hard and don't give up. At the event's end it will be possible to see which team scored the most points PER PERSON (including Support) in any single hunt after the Qualifiers. This could happen for any team at any time and will carry a substantial prize. The working title for this award is the Calypso Cross.
Other prizes along the way are planned to be awarded for the highest number of globals in a Group Stage, and also for the highest single loot. As soon as any of these prizes are fully confirmed I will give more details.

PLAY:

It has been confirmed no Shared Loot mobs will be involved in the moblist.

It has been confirmed that ANY Calypso-based spawn of the mobs listed is suitable for scoring, not just the event spawns. This also applies to later rounds where mobs also found on Land Areas are used. The only difference is that Mobs ONLY found on Land Areas will NOT now be used. Expect private incentives from Land Owners to tempt you to score on their land but the option to hunt un-taxed will always be present.

Expect several of the spawns to require Main and Support to work together.

Bring a camera.

Well that's it for now, look forward to seeing what happens next weekend. See you all on the mountain.

Hurrikane

Grab your guns, grab your friends, GRAB SOME GLORY
:sniper::sniper::wtg::rocket::rocket:

For the fun, add me

Miguel Garco Gracio

Welcome to the team, Garco!

There's still room for anyone eagerly awaiting their opportunity to join Team Eudoria. We welcome all levels. Post your name here, your setup and skills, and we'll find a home for you.

EDIT: Crowreaper asked me in game about joining the team, and I approved. He is both new to EU and new to WOF, so let's make him feel welcome. As of right now, he hasn't got a forum account, but he's working on that.

Welcome to the team, crowreaper!

Last edited:
For the wiki documenting WoF 2014 I'm looking for a final list of all the people participating in WoF2014 and with the first match taking part tomorrow, I assume that the list is done. Would you be so kind posting the full list of names to this thread so I can add them to the documentation?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/World_of_Firepower_2014

I would like to offer my mumble voice server for matches if people are interested in it. I find it much easier to use voice than chat. Opinions?

Hey Captain Coz, are we gonna stick together after the warrior to global on the other mobs or just split after it? Thinking being we could see what's globaling and go to that mob together. One sleep to go:yay:

I would like to offer my mumble voice server for matches if people are interested in it. I find it much easier to use voice than chat. Opinions?

I'm planning on only using text-chat. Don't want to wake my children up 2a.m :p

Although I have a great rig, I haven't gotten around to getting a microphone... so text chat for me.

Hey Captain Coz, are we gonna stick together after the warrior to global on the other mobs or just split after it? Thinking being we could see what's globaling and go to that mob together. One sleep to go:yay:

When I get back to Calypso, I am going to see how I do with my setup against the warrior elites. Might be able to handle them with the hermes/pulsar 7 plates. If I can, we will split from the start. If not, then yes, after the warrior elite, we will split for sure.

Just a reminder, even though qualifiers are starting, we are still accepting team members for Team Eudoria. Come join the fun and excitement!! We need all levels of hunters!

Just a reminder, even though qualifiers are starting, we are still accepting team members for Team Eudoria. Come join the fun and excitement!! We need all levels of hunters!

We still do, don't we?

Join us now!

Sending this to the top...

Join Team Eudoria! Fight for where you were born!

Reminder! 19:00 Saturday is our start time!

Also, still accepting members for both main team and support team. Fight for where you were born!

Bumping this to the top!

Why, you ask?

I'll tell you why! It's because I KNOW there are more Eudorians out there who are willing to fight for their country! Pick up those weapons! Don that armor! Repair those FAPs! Help defend Eudoria against invasion, inversion and intoxication. (umm, what?) Okay, okay, usually the inversion happens BECAUSE OF the intoxication... but who's asking?

:beerchug:

So, where was I?

Oh, yes! Join your fellow Eudorians! Help us claim the title of Champion, taking it away from one of those countries for old earth. Fight for Eudoria!

Still recruiting for Team Eudoria! Come one, come all! Support WoF Team Eudoria!!

Also, waiting for dilly to officially sign up, so there's no disputes about him being main team. :silly2:

Still recruiting for Team Eudoria! Come one, come all! Support WoF Team Eudoria!!

Also, waiting for dilly to officially sign up, so there's no disputes about him being main team. :silly2:

I've seen plenty of players signing up through others so shouldn't be a concern.

I've seen plenty of players signing up through others so shouldn't be a concern.

If his name appears in your team and he doesn't object he's in the team.

Hurrikane

I formally accept my invitation to join Team Eudoria :thumbup:

Use me in what ever capacity you see fit (something along the lines of hunting and killing things would be nice).

Reporting for duty !!!

Avartarname: Splitti Odunt Elvhunter
Profession: Hunter (lvl 34hit/31dmg)
Availability: Not sure; im back after a long break, and still with some net probs

Avartarname: Splitti Odunt Elvhunter
Profession: Hunter (lvl 34hit/31dmg)
Availability: Not sure; im back after a long break, and still with some net probs

:yay::yay::yay:

We are still growing!

Odunt! Welcome to the Team! If you haven't already done so, get yourself signed up for the Team Eudoria forum.

Go here and select the bubble to the right of WoF Team Eudoria, then select the join group at the bottom.

Back