Reset the Cameras... near impossible?

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
So, I just decided to finish up non-hunting missions just to clear up space in my mission log...

I decided to do the Reset the Cameras mission, but when trying to reset the camera at 786, 702 I find it to be impossible. It is surrounded by Araneatrox Stalkers and Prowlers which instantly kill me whenever I get to the camera. The area is also a no-fly zone, which I don't understand. You either try to run to it or TP to it, but there are spiders crowding the camera. I logged out and waited a few hours to see if they would dissipate, but still no.

Any ideas what to do about this? Not many people can kill Araneatrox Stalkers without the best armor and a mod fap at their back.

So, I just decided to finish up non-hunting missions just to clear up space in my mission log...

I decided to do the Reset the Cameras mission, but when trying to reset the camera at 786, 702 I find it to be impossible. It is surrounded by Araneatrox Stalkers and Prowlers which instantly kill me whenever I get to the camera. The area is also a no-fly zone, which I don't understand. You either try to run to it or TP to it, but there are spiders crowding the camera. I logged out and waited a few hours to see if they would dissipate, but still no.

Any ideas what to do about this? Not many people can kill Araneatrox Stalkers without the best armor and a mod fap at their back.

Drag them away? If you keep dieing further and further away from the camera, at one point you will be able to get to it safe.

Drag them away? If you keep dieing further and further away from the camera, at one point you will be able to get to it safe.

Or get a friend to drive around with a car and distract them :silly2:

Use a long range gun to take them away!

Or get a friend to drive around with a car and distract them :silly2:

not possible as it is a no vehicle zone.

For the OP. I did manage to get this one done but had to come at the camera from the NW side of it and walk very carefully not to agro the spiders. Not an easy task but one that can be done. Like was mentioned... see if you can tag them to move them away from the camera and then come at them from a different direction to get to it.

I have a Marber for long range, but there are multiple layers of spiders long before I get within range of the spiders that are spawning ON the camera lol. I would have to tag and die about two dozen times before I could drag them off the camera. Rather annoying, because I know the reward won't be worth anything.

Can't drive with a car, no vehicle zone (and I want to know why). It just seems like a lot of cheese work in order to complete a worthless mission.

I was able to complete it well after the no-vehicle thing was introduced...probably 15-20 deaths, no big woop

:thumbup:

Before vehicles I helped someone tagging them and using decoys lol

Hi m8 i belive the spiders like the decoy tool maybe worth a try with that.
PS: i se Lucky posted ity allready above me here to.

You can tag multiple mobs with a Skildek - 150m range - then run like the clappers and hope you drag them away far enough.

When I did this mission it was when MA were having serious problems with the Radar - not displaying mobs, and displaying phantom mobs (i.e. on radar, but not there really). Then they put out an update to fix this, and for a morning there were no mobs for a long time! So I just trotted around and completed the Reset the Cameras mission and also the one where you have to go into the volcano which was normally full of Eviscerators. :)

Back