WoF 2014: Team BeNeLux

Hi All,

I have to little time to go for the main team. I will try to support and help out when possible.

Cheers
Siam

Hello TEAM BeNeLux and welcome to the WoF.

As 3rd-place Finalists in the last WoF and with a good track record of weighty scores, we look forward to seeing your performance this year.

This post contains vital scheduling information, match times and news of prizes, please read on.

SCHEDULING:

As many are aware the WoF is designed to run best with over 24 teams involved. It can take place with less if the schedule is changed. At present there are 17-18 teams, due largely to the short notice of the event. The Qualifiers are now being extended to allow late-forming teams to register.

Qualifier Stage One
will now take place over TWO weekends; October 18th/19th, and October 25th/26th. The spawns involved will remain throughout the week and over both weekends. Teams only have to hunt ONCE during this time to get their Stage One score. Those who have not finalised a time for this coming weekend will be able to hunt the next weekend instead. ALSO; those who are hunting on the 18th/19th and are unhappy with their score may RE-TAKE the hunt on the second weekend and use the higher of their two scores as their Stage One score. I cannot guarantee enough Judges to allow teams to take two hunts on the SAME weekend. So if you want two goes at a good score, turn up for both weekends.

Then there will be a weekend off for Halloween, the 1st and 2nd of November;

Then there will be two weekends of a new invasion/moblist for Qualifier Stage Two; November 8th/9th, and November 15th/16th. The same rules will apply; teams are only required to hunt once, during EITHER weekend, but are allowed to attend BOTH weekends in order to try to better their Stage Two score.

The combined scores from Stage One and Two
will give the Qualifying Totals for progression.

Dates for WoF stages held after the Qualifiers are yet to be announced.

PROGRESSION:

There are three ways things could happen. To summarize;

If more than 24 teams sign, the top 24 will progress to Stage 3 and form 6 groups of 4 teams, each having 3 matches against the others in their group. The top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

If more than 18 teams sign, the first group Stage will consist of 6 groups of 3 each having 2 matches (against the others in their group) in a 2-weeks-on, 1-week-off format. The top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

If no more teams sign, then the top 12 of the 17-18 team will progress and the first Group Stage will be removed from the tournament, making Stage 4 into the new Stage 3.

TIMESLOTS: If you have not selected a timeslot for your Stage One hunt please do so BEFORE MIDNIGHT THURSDAY (all times in-game time) and let me know by PM. This also applies to MAIN TEAM LISTS although these can be confirmed to the Judge on the day. If you would like to book a second slot in advance you can. If you would prefer to just hunt on the first or second weekend you can. If you would like to change your original timeslot now you know there are two weekends involved, you can. If you want to wait until you see what you get before booking the second weekend... you can. I would also welcome any booking of Stage Two hunts, the sooner the better so the Judges can be found.

PRIZES: As well as the usual Jackets and funky hardware (news to come) awarded to the Winners and Finalists, this year there will be a large incentive for smaller teams who hunt hard and don't give up. At the event's end it will be possible to see which team scored the most points PER PERSON (including Support) in any single hunt after the Qualifiers. This could happen for any team at any time and will carry a substantial prize. The working title for this award is the Calypso Cross.
Other prizes along the way are planned to be awarded for the highest number of globals in a Group Stage, and also for the highest single loot. As soon as any of these prizes are fully confirmed I will give more details.

PLAY:

It has been confirmed no Shared Loot mobs will be involved in the moblist.

It has been confirmed that ANY Calypso-based spawn of the mobs listed is suitable for scoring, not just the event spawns. This also applies to later rounds where mobs also found on Land Areas are used. The only difference is that Mobs ONLY found on Land Areas will NOT now be used. Expect private incentives from Land Owners to tempt you to score on their land but the option to hunt un-taxed will always be present.

Expect several of the spawns to require Main and Support to work together.

Bring a camera.

Well that's it for now, look forward to seeing what happens next weekend. See you all on the mountain.

Hurrikane

Grab your guns, grab your friends, GRAB SOME GLORY
:sniper::sniper::wtg::rocket::rocket:

Please note that I'm able to do Support only, I cannot be in the Main team.

Please note that I'm able to do Support only, I cannot be in the Main team.

Alright :) Sorry for that.

We still need a captain!

side note for my availability,
My gf is pregnant and expecting baby around 20th of oct. i expect that will keep me occupied as well :baby:

if for that reason i wont make it i will notify in advance

So when and where are the qualifiers? Will we even have a team to Qualify?

Hey Bee i still didnt have a 10k uber hof so dont put me in Main lol and not sure i can join saturday going out whit a colombian chick :eyecrazy: i try to be back on time for support.

Is Atami joining? I think he's a good captain.
I sent him the link to this thread on skype.

Hey Bee i still didnt have a 10k uber hof so dont put me in Main lol and not sure i can join saturday going out whit a colombian chick :eyecrazy: i try to be back on time for support.

You still have time! :dance:

Last edited:
I'll do my best to join again in as many matches i have time for :)
My gear hasn't changed in the past year

For the wiki documenting WoF 2014 I'm looking for a final list of all the people participating in WoF2014 and with the first match taking part tomorrow, I assume that the list is done. Would you be so kind posting the full list of names to this thread so I can add them to the documentation?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/World_of_Firepower_2014

En succes weer dit jaar mannen (en vrouwen) !

I sent him the link to this thread on skype:
Atami will not join, definately not for main team. Unless someone can make him change his mind. ;-)

Team BeNeLux, please select a TIMESLOT and PM me before you attend so I can arrange a Judge for you. You could also post in the Judge Thread and ask for one directly. Otherwise, turn up for your chosen slot and we will try to find you a Judge.

Hurrikane

Tomorrow I'm only available until 14:00, I'll be available again in the evening, but I don't know how late. :(

So I guess the only chance to participate is the 12 Pm slot on Sunday (10 am our time). Are we playing team benelux?

-------------------------------------
MAIN TEAM:
Steelbird Elite (ANY): 10 Points
(Not intended to be camped, these form the forefront of the robot invasion and the WoF teams must cope with them as best they can.)
Legionaire (ANY): 9 Points
Warrior Elite (ANY): 8 Points
Drone Co-Ordinator (ANY): 7 Points
Steelbird (ANY): 6 Points
Warrior (ANY): 5 Points

SUPPORT:
Eviscerator (ANY): 4 Points
Defender (ANY): 3 Points
Drone (ANY): 2 Points
Attacker (ANY): 1 Point

Spider Bomber (ANY): BONUS MOB 25 Points

The Eviscerator : WHOLE TEAM TROPHY BONUS 40 Points

As said before, the Trophy Bonus is not intended to compensate for the extra time and ammo needed to kill these bigger mobs, only as a chance of consolation should one attack the team. Any further globals after the first, for each Nation (Main or Support or Both) will not score any points.

TIME-SLOTS: (in Mindark/IN-GAME Time)
Due to the international nature of the event several timeslots need to be used.

FOR EACH QUALIFIER PLEASE STATE IN A PM TO ME WHICH SLOT YOU REQUIRE A JUDGE FOR.

You should also send your MAIN TEAM LIST when decided. Those who have not finalised their team will be able to inform the judge of their starting line-up on the day, BEFORE THEY HUNT.

14:00, 19:00, 00:00 (Midnight/Sunday Morning) on Saturdays

07:00 and 12:00 (Midday) on Sundays, likely to be the same throughout the competition.

If your team is large, please consider sending a non-hunting member to the Start/Finish Point to act as a Judge should there be a shortfall.

START/FINISH POINT:
EUDORIA 88135, 77643, 374

I can join till 13.00 our time :)

Lets quickly put our heads together and get this stuff sorted.

/chat join #wofbenelux

Edit: there is an aditional timeslot at 17:00 (19:00 onze tijd) which I have reserved for team benelux.

Everyone try to make it!!

Last edited:
im sorry guys,but im witdrawing from competing in wof

I will be there, but can only join for 2 hours, as RL duty calls at that time.

I'll be there ! :handgun:

We're meeting at Billy's spaceship afterworld

Suprise dinner by girl will be later

Although we were just 4 people strong, we set a reasonable score:

93 Points

I think it's not enough to get us trough the first round so We're going to try to get a better score next weekend!

Exact day and time will be posted.

I guess if most of the real ubers dont play main its up to us midlevel players to hold thebenelux flag. We had some fun. And the lower level levionnaires and warriors global as well.
In the end it was just sway and me in main team. So all in all 94points wasnt that bad.

I was really hoping someone would pick this up after last weekend.

Won't be on at all this weekend so giving this a bump :yay:

I was really hoping someone would pick this up after last weekend.

Won't be on at all this weekend so giving this a bump :yay:

Sorry to hear that bee, will you be online this noon / evening ?:confused:

Well let's hope someone picks it up indeed ;p

Also let's not forget about daylight savings this weekend. The night from saturday onto sunday the clock will go back one hour at 03:00am. That means UTC will be -1h compared to our time again, while it currently is -2h.

I'm probably on saturday around 13:30 MA time and sunday around 14:30 MA time (is 15:30h our time in both cases) for several hours..

Back