WoF 2014: Team Great Britain

A few more recruited in-game today, more are welcome :)

Any level of player can contribute (we will almost certainly be needing someone to global on a 100 HP mob and score us 100 points at some stage :D) and there is no pressure to spend a lot of money or to go out with big enhanced guns, or even to be there for every match. You can go at whatever pace you choose and even if you only turn up for a few minutes you can help.

Don't forget to tell all your British friends too!

We're hoping to meet up this weekend for a get-together and a little practice session, mainly just for fun and to get to know each other, so if you can sign up before then, that would be ideal.

Yay. WOF!

Still got my group membership from back in 2008...happy memories.

Not got time/gear/skills for main team, but will put in support effort when I can.

Will help on support again if possible, time is limited to Sat afternoon/early evening atm .....

Where are the Welsh?

It's team GB, we're just using the old Team England sub-forum because most people were already signed up there :)

I did actually ask for the name of the forum to be changed to Team GB but that doesn't seem to be possible, we would have to start from scratch which is far too much of a pain in the arse at this stage. Maybe next time we should do that.

Dirk, perhaps you could edit the OP again just to make this clear?

Avatar: tommy smokeymac galtress
Captain: Oleg

im in :) i think georgie cheese smoker will be also in, and fredda said he might help also but ill confirm that :)))

It's team GB, we're just using the old Team England sub-forum because most people were already signed up there :)

Dirk, perhaps you could edit the OP again just to make this clear?

I has made it as explixity clear as an "Explixity Clear" thing can be made :)

I hope....

Dirk

I can't access the group.

If I am around I will help wherever (lower stuff or healing)

I can probably get the global on 100hp mob :)

Lady Jennifer Art

Level 35ish hunting professions.

I has made it as explixity clear as an "Explixity Clear" thing can be made :)

I hope....

Dirk

Thanks, you still missed out Wales though :laugh: I'm not sure our friends in the Republic of Ireland would be very happy about being included in Britain either, but they're nevertheless welcome to join us if they want to :)

smokeymac I've accepted you into the private forum, please let GCS know anything he needs to know, and if you can post on his behalf where necessary that'd be great.

Jennifer please follow instructions in OP to join the private forum.

smokeymac I've accepted you into the private forum, please let GCS know anything he needs to know, and if you can post on his behalf where necessary that'd be great.

Im in :) and joined group

We're having a get-together and a practice hunt on Sunday at 3pm UK time. More details in the private forum so if you haven't joined please make sure you do!

Dirk. You have had 9 days now to correct this bit of your opening post.

So if you live in England, Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland or any of those funny little islands off the coast, feel free to sign up and join in!

But, despite it being pointed out to you the huge bluddy glaring error, you don't correct it.

Booooooooooo....

Last edited:
See first post in this thread :scratch2:

Ughh yes i see! Oleg told him he hadnt put Wales there, I guess he forgot! No offence meant and of course we would like Wales in the mix!! :yay:

Cymru am bith! (my spelling maybe a little off but the sentiment is there) :rolleyes:

Thanks, you still missed out Wales though :laugh: I'm not sure our friends in the Republic of Ireland would be very happy about being included in Britain either, but they're nevertheless welcome to join us if they want to :)

Jennifer please follow instructions in OP to join the private forum.
See here Rochchick :lolup:

Oleg told him he hadnt put Wales there

And made another post inviting the Welsh to join, and contacted some Welsh individuals personally inviting them to join us, and asked for the England subforum to be renamed. Not sure what more I could have done really.

But if you want to go your own way, so be it, though I'm disappointed you've chosen not to join us.

Sorry Oleg but we were always the little team that had a go, and as I remember helped out with the English team where we could. But WoF for me was always being part of Wales team having a try ( No offence meant) And we wouldn't be much use to you anyway :girl:

And made another post inviting the Welsh to join, and contacted some Welsh individuals personally inviting them to join us, and asked for the England subforum to be renamed. Not sure what more I could have done really.

But if you want to go your own way, so be it, though I'm disappointed you've chosen not to join us.

If Wales go ahead with their entry I have no problem with Team GB keeping their name as long as it's made clear in the Team Thread that Wales is not represented. As far as I know there is no existing name for an Eng/Scot/NI alliance that would be suitable to replace it with. And "WoF GB (Not WALES) Main" is silly.

Hurrikane

Hey Oleg - you did nowt wrong.
You took the time to message us, and I was wavering. A few Beers over here and the WoF spirit has been kindled.

It is kind of a part of who we are, we are a small country, usually overlooked and ignored, and have always been a small team in Wof - likely this year to not even have a support team. But we shall do our best and give it a go :)

We were the only team to beat England in the year you won it, and we were the only team to beat Team Sweden in the year that they won it. We have to give it a go or get very drunk trying :)

The best of luck to Team GB - we may join you yet following the Qualifiers :)

You took the time to message us, and I was wavering. A few Beers over here and the WoF spirit has been kindled.

It is kind of a part of who we are, we are a small country, usually overlooked and ignored, and have always been a small team in Wof - likely this year to not even have a support team. But we shall do our best and give it a go :)

We were the only team to beat England in the year you won it, and we were the only team to beat Team Sweden in the year that they won it. We have to give it a go or get very drunk trying :)

People keep mentioning the "WoF Spirit" to me... that's it right there:)

Hurrikane

Yeah, that's fair enough. Back when we had separate teams for England, Wales and Scotland, I was always one of those who resisted the idea of having a GB team, and mainly that was because all three nations put out reasonably strong teams which made for a good spirit of competition between us, as well as with other teams, while also allowing us to help each other out.

As it stands I prefer to go with the united team because I don't think Scotland would have a team at all if they weren't part of this one (and I thought that would be the case for Wales too), so I wanted to remain inclusive. But as I said, if you want to go for it as Wales, fair play and good luck to you :)

If Wales go ahead with their entry I have no problem with Team GB keeping their name as long as it's made clear in the Team Thread that Wales is not represented. As far as I know there is no existing name for an Eng/Scot/NI alliance that would be suitable to replace it with. And "WoF GB (Not WALES) Main" is silly.

Hurrikane

The official country name as recognised by the UN is the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, therefore our official team name will be Team United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland but excluding Wales. Team GB for short :D

Dirk, please edit the OP (again, sorry :D) to point out that Wales chosen to have their own team, and include a link to their thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?266223-WoF-Team-Wales

Also can you correct the link in the bit about joining the group, it's broken.

Last edited:
Ewww wales, Wheres that? ;D

Thank you Dirk. You should be careful with all of these timely contributions, if you continue to be so organised and useful, people will be asking you to be captain in future :D

Back