WOF 2014: Team Africa

I'm available Saturday.

saturday it is
art please can can u run the mob list and plan the hunt as u do so well :)

in...tell me what to shoot.

saturday it is
art please can can u run the mob list and plan the hunt as u do so well :)

I'll do my best :), I might not have a chance to scout the spawns, so if anyone does please shoot me a PM in terms of density, maturity, %mix of mob type etc.

Hello TEAM AFRICA and welcome to the last weekend of the WoF Qualifiers; Stage 2, Weekend 2.

I notice you have not booked a timeslot for a re-match. If you wish to do so, please post in the Judge's Thread as soon as you can before the Timeslot chosen, or ask in-game during another match. There should be ample Judges for you this weekend.

PROGRESSION:

18 Teams have now submitted a score, meaning the event is following the 18-team protocol. Qualifying Totals will be used for seeding of Groups according to the teams' positions at Top, Middle or Bottom of the Group. Actual Group Selection will be conducted with a draw.

Your current Qualifying Total is 122.
This puts you in the BOTTOM 6 of the Progressing Teams.
Your overall position is currently 16/18.

The next Stage is STAGE 3. The new Moblist will be up SUNDAY NIGHT. Teams will be in 6 Groups of 3.

STAGE 3 SCHEDULE: The three hunt weekends of Stage 3 wil be as follows:

NOVEMBER 22nd, Saturday + NOVEMBER 23rd, Sunday (Team 1 vs 2)

*1-weekend gap*

DECEMBER 6th, Saturday + DECEMBER 7th, Sunday (Team 1 vs 3)

DECEMBER 13th, Saturday + DECEMBER 14th, Sunday (Team 2 vs 3)

This MONDAY I will post in each of your team threads with details of the DRAW, your first opponents and your upcoming fixtures in the Stage. PLEASE RESPOND TO TIMESLOT REQUESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You should try to be available for a number of timeslots to accomodate different timezones.

PRIZES:

Mindark have confirmed the following Prizes for the Finalists:

Main Team Finalists will receive both a BLP and Laser (L) weapon per member, increasing in power from 3rd Place to 1st Place. Details to follow.
Winners (First Place) will also receive a first-run WoF Trophy as a personal item, and a skill pill.

Support Teams of winning Nations will also be rewarded; the top 12 Support Team Members as supplied and agreed by the National Teams in 3rd, 2nd and 1st place will also receive two weapons each and a skill pill.
The 12 top Supporters of the Winning Team will each receive a WoF Support Trophy as a personal item.

Calypso Cross: This award will be presented at the close of the tournament. The prize is as yet unconfirmed. This rewards ONE team (Main + Support) for ONE match. After the Final, every match that took place from Stage 3 through to the Final will be analysed with regards to the score, and the number of avatars involved in getting it. The team that in ONE match scored the highest amount of points PER PERSON (Main AND Support) wins the Calypso Cross.
Example: If a team of 5 scored 250, this equals 50 points per person. If a team of 25 scored 250, this equals 10 points per person. The smaller team that does best at "punching above their weight" is the most likely to win this, although a highly-efficient larger team might succeed.

That's all for now, see you soon:)

Hurrikane

Round 2

Yay - congrats we are not last!!! :)

Lets get organised this time.

Please try get all africans involved.
We have the timeslot for 1900 ma time on sat against guinea

We will use this post to formulate the TEAM/S
Let me know if u can help - all lvls welcome

Team Africa
Slip
Microdot
Artrat

:eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Hi Team Africa.

I'm the leader of team Guinea, could your team leader please add me in game so that we can work out when we shall shoot.

Thank you and good luck.

Bridget Lokia Parker

Im in for any timeslot on Saturday :), moblist looks good, we should be able to handle that, maybe even go for sweep if we have enough people :)
Yay - congrats we are not last!!! :)Lets get organised this time.Please try get all africans involved.We will try keep the timeslot for 1900 ma time on satWe will use this post to formulate the TEAM/SLet me know if u can help - all lvls welcomeTeam AfricaSlip:eyecrazy:

timeslot

we have got the 19ooma time slot against guinea on saturday

ive updated team post (ty micro)

Calling anyone with Real Roots in Africa

Tonight Team Africa take on team Guinea.

If you want to join us PM me here or ingame. Alternatively pitch up to following location at 19:00 MA time.

START/FINISH POINT: 67700, 71830, 271

cheers.
m.

What about the Aussies????

"WOF
Hi Gypsy from team Australia here.
It looks like you are having a match against Guinea this weekend 22/23,
Guinea have asked to play Australia on weekend 6/7,
So is weekend 13/14 good for Africa v Australia?

We are mostly GMT+11 so the only times good for us are 00:00 Sunday and 07:00 Sunday.
Can you please let me know if suitable?

Gypsy"
"So is weekend 13/14 good for Africa v Australia?

We are mostly GMT+11 so the only times good for us are 00:00 Sunday and 07:00 Sunday.
Can you please let me know if suitable?"

So we have to find a time thats convenient:

and we need a team (please post if u can help )

so im keen for 0700ma time Sunday 14 December
We need a decent effort:

Team Africa:
Slip

"WOF
Hi Gypsy from team Australia here.
It looks like you are having a match against Guinea this weekend 22/23,
Guinea have asked to play Australia on weekend 6/7,
So is weekend 13/14 good for Africa v Australia?

Can you please let me know if suitable?

Gypsy"
"So is weekend 13/14 good for Africa v Australia?

Can you please let me know if suitable?"

So we have to find a time thats convenient:

and we need a team (please post if u can help )

so im keen for 0700ma time Sunday 14 December
We need a decent effort:

Team Africa:
Slip

Slip, you got that a little wrong. We are going up against them on the 14th, since one of my guys works the weekend on the 6/7 during the times Australia is available.
Hey team Guinea,

Our next match is Australia v Guinea: Sunday 14th Dec 00:00 game time.

We will meet at Nymph one hour before to organize teams (as usual).

Enjoy your 2 weekends off everyone. You all deserve them. :yay:

Wish you guys luck in your match with them whenever it may be.

Australia is against Guinea on 14th December, we need to get a time on 7th December for Africa v Australia, if it has to be 19:00 UTC then we can do it (06:00 AM here). or if you can do 0:00 or 07:00 that is also good for us. But the match needs to be this weekend.

Australia is against Guinea on 14th December, we need to get a time on 7th December for Africa v Australia, if it has to be 19:00 UTC then we can do it (06:00 AM here). or if you can do 0:00 or 07:00 that is also good for us. But the match needs to be this weekend.

Hi Slip, if it has to be this weekend, I'm available 19:00 Saturday or 00:00 Sunday.

Unfortunately I can't do 07:00, as Sunday is a workday in my part of the world.

africa vs aussie

yep
what a mess up lol
apologies to the aussies for such late notice

looks like we will be fighting gainst the aussies this saturday 6 dec 1900ma time
its early in the morning for em (6am)

please meet at the start 15 min or so before start
we will finalise our strategy then

gl all

Thank you to TEAM AFRICA for taking part in WoF 2014/15. Sadly the points you scored were not enough to progress.
It's been great to Judge and host you and we look forward to your return to the event the next time it runs.

Hurrikane

Team Africa, great effort put forth this past round. Sorry you didn't make it through. For any of you wishing to continue on with WoF (and have a rematch against Australia), Team Eudoria would welcome you. As you know, we are a small, ragtag bunch of avatars, with little hope of advancing to the next round, but we DO like to have fun, and we won't go down without a fight!!

If you're interested in joining Eudoria support, just let me know, either here, in the team eudoria thread, or PM me here in on game. We'd love to have you along for the wild ride ahead! :silly2:

Back