WhiningSkeptic's hunting log

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
So, keeping track of your hunts is apparently a great way to get depressed so I figured I would do so. Since my avatar is a complete noob it will be fun, at least to begin with.

Goals :
- All hunting professions to level 50
- First uber
- Global on all mobs
- Not spending silly amounts of PED

Here is the game-plan:
- Stick to iron missions and grind
- Skill professions in chunks of 5 levels
- Try to be eco

The reason I am skilling all professions is due to the fact that it will slow down my progression and thus lead to lesser expenses. I know from the past that I always hunt on or above my level, never below...

- Rankings will be posted later.
- All hunts to be recorded

Current top ranking is laser sniper at a whopping 3.

To be updated (at least I have begun... )

Good luck on your blog, hope the loot monkey presses the button a few times for you :)

Good luck on your blog, hope the loot monkey presses the button a few times for you :)

Fingers crossed :)

The greatest challenge will be to stay eco. I know how fun it can be to buy some decent dps weapons, armor and then tank troxies...

Fingers crossed :)

The greatest challenge will be to stay eco. I know how fun it can be to buy some decent dps weapons, armor and then tank troxies...

subscribing :yay:
What other mobs are you planning to hunt other than trox?

subscribing :yay:
What other mobs are you planning to hunt other than trox?

You must have miss read :p

As soon as I'm skilled enough to take down troxies with decent eco I will do so. Until then I will be killing whatever is suitable for my skill-level. However, I will be looking for excuses to do so earlier...

Edit: Yeah, so this log probably will be quite boring the first month or so.

Run #1

Set-up:
Weapon: Z12 Barbarella + ZX Sinkadus + ZX Eagle Eye
Healing: IO-Pulse Unit
Armor: Nude
Target: Puny Cads and berrys

Ammo: 23.9440 PED

Decay FAP: 1.05
Weapons: 6.61

Total expenses: 31.604
TT return: 20.49

Total: -11.114
Return %: 64.8%

Could probably have saved half a ped if I would have taken them one by one and not doing the berrys nest. Lets go again...

Could probably have saved half a ped if I would have taken them one by one and not doing the berrys nest. Lets go again...

Ok, take them one by one next time then. ;)

Good luck RidingDirty or whatever your new name is!

Ok, take them one by one next time then. ;)

Good luck RidingDirty or whatever your new name is!

Did so and only 11pec decay on the FAP so it made a difference... Either name works fine ;)

Run #2

Set-up:
Target: Puny Cads and berrys

Ammo: 23.9440 PED
Decay: 6.72

Total expenses: 30.664
TT return: 23.32

Total: -7.344
Return %: 76.1

Will calculate runs together in tens or so.

All hunting professions to level 50

this is going to be a loooongg hunting log. Good luck!

All hunting professions to level 50

this is going to be a loooongg hunting log. Good luck!

Oh, yes it will. I don't know of the recent nerfs or so but a few years back it was possible to get a profession up to lvl 50 in a year or so...

Oh, yes it will. I don't know of the recent nerfs or so but a few years back it was possible to get a profession up to lvl 50 in a year or so...

Even faster if you really grind hard. Ofcoure you have to move up on the weapons ladder, always use the highest dps gun you have maxed.

Even faster if you really grind hard. Ofcoure you have to move up on the weapons ladder, always use the highest dps gun you have maxed.

If you want to be eco, yes. Otherwise an uneco UL weapon makes wonders with skill gain, it's all about cycling Ped. However, I will try to not go down that road...

--

So, laser sniper will hit 5 during the next run. Second highest hit profession is gauss sniper, but there doesn't seem to be any weapons around. Guess I'll go for BLP then.

You must have miss read :p

As soon as I'm skilled enough to take down troxies with decent eco I will do so. Until then I will be killing whatever is suitable for my skill-level. However, I will be looking for excuses to do so earlier...
Hahaha I tought you could hunt them eco too instead of tanking. Atrox barely has markup so don't hunt them :yay:

If you want to be eco, yes. Otherwise an uneco UL weapon makes wonders with skill gain, it's all about cycling Ped. However, I will try to not go down that road...
DONT hunt with nonsib! Focusing on one thing (blp) is a smart thing to do.
You might consider doing some melee for the extra hp skills, but that's for future.
Really interested to see where this log will go to

Hahaha I tought you could hunt them eco too instead of tanking. Atrox barely has markup so don't hunt them :yay:

DONT hunt with nonsib! Focusing on one thing (blp) is a smart thing to do.
You might consider doing some melee for the extra hp skills, but that's for future.
Really interested to see where this log will go to

I'll stay away from them for a while ;)

I know, but I want to keep my costs down for a while until I know I am back permanently. If I do all types of weapons a few levels at a time I will keep my costs down for a while. Also it's a good way to get some hp early.

Run #3

Laser sniper needs another run to hit lvl5...

Decay: 7.88
Ammo: 23.9440

Total: 31.824

TT return: 32.83
TT%: 103.2%

Making money :wtg:

Run #4:

Set-up:
Target: Shinkibas

Ammo: 23.94
Decay: 8.74

Total expenses: 32.68
TT return: 40.46

Total: +7.78
Return %: 124.1%

Including a high-TT Regen chip. Making money :wtg:

Laser sniper finally hit lvl 5, time to switch to the pistols.

Is there any way to disable the pseudoglobals?

Laser sniper finally hit lvl 5, time to switch to the pistols.

Is there any way to disable the pseudoglobals?

And you want to get to 50.... This thread could get longer than The Bible! :laugh:

Dont think you can disable the under 50 globals, they were added for those that complained about not enough globals for small mobs...... (remember what you wish for you may just get it etc etc)

It will be the world's longest thread.

Lol. I started to count my loot, didn't see the message. Six PED when I expected 50+...

And you want to get to 50.... This thread could get longer than The Bible! :laugh:

Dont think you can disable the under 50 globals, they were added for those that complained about not enough globals for small mobs...... (remember what you wish for you may just get it etc etc)

RUN 5#

Breer P1 + ZX sinkadus + ZX eagle eye

Decay: 9.39 PED
Ammo used: 23.36

Total expenses: 3275

TT return: 25.89
TT% : 79.1%

Run Total: -6.86
Log total: - 12.27

FYI: The P1 sucks, and so does hunting puny mobs. Actually thinkning of chipping a bit...

Last edited:
RUN 5#

Breer P1 + ZX sinkadus + ZX eagle eye

Decay: 9.39 PED
Ammo used: 23.36

Total expenses: 3275

TT return: 25.89
TT% : 79.1%

Run Total: -6.86
Log total: - 12.27

FYI: The P1 sucks, and so does hunting puny mobs. Actually thinkning of chipping a bit...
You cant make conclusions based on 10ped run. It is like doing one lvl 2 crafting click and having global means it is the foolproof way to make money.

You cant make conclusions based on 10ped run. It is like doing one lvl 2 crafting click and having global means it is the foolproof way to make money.

Oh, I know. I'm talking bout the experience. It was dull to use a P1 when I just maxed the Z12. However, soon time for an upgrade and then time to hit the next profession.

The amount of cycled ped is to make calculations easier. One run means that the amp has been used up.

However, last run got interrupted but started out well with a 17PED pseudo global and two 5 ped loots. Might break even in total once I sum it up.

I don't calculate markup on loot since I am stashing everything. Any MU will be added once the batches get big enough to sell.

Run #6:

P1 + ZX

Decay: 9.07
Ammo: 23.36

Expenses: 32.43

Loot: 42.68
TT%: 132%

Run total: +10.25
Log total: -2.02

Run #7:

P1 + ZX

Decay: 8.87
Ammo: 23.36

Expenses: 32.23

Loot: 24.21
TT%: 75.1%

Run total: -8.02
Log total: -10.04

Any armour decay in there?

Worst thing you can do on small mobs is to break a run other than logging out as well. Every time I've done this my return on small mobs drops below 50%.

Your tt return is tracking similar to my own on low mobs but I'm using an enblade-a from the tt.

Any armour decay in there?

Worst thing you can do on small mobs is to break a run other than logging out as well. Every time I've done this my return on small mobs drops below 50%.

Your tt return is tracking similar to my own on low mobs but I'm using an enblade-a from the tt.

Hunting nude so no armor decay. However, despite the numbers shown I think I might be breaking even. I am stashing everything except ammo until I get decent piles that I can put up on auction.

-

Sitting at 600+ bone samples and a few hundred berry heads, any value to these? I found old threads suggesting 2-5pec each for the former but nothing about the latter.

Hunting nude so no armor decay. However, despite the numbers shown I think I might be breaking even. I am stashing everything except ammo until I get decent piles that I can put up on auction.

-

Sitting at 600+ bone samples and a few hundred berry heads, any value to these? I found old threads suggesting 2-5pec each for the former but nothing about the latter.

The bone samples are valuable, you'll have to find someone who wants to buy them, but they are used in a quest (don't remember the name or what the reward is).

The berry heads, are they the trophies? There's a quest at camp Icarus that asks you to collect some, but most people just farm their own (it's a small amount if I recall correctly), so I usually vendor them.

Edit: According to Entropedia, the bone samples are:

"Required for mission "I've got a bone to pick!". 10,000 of these may be brought to Sarchi (Camp Carter(I think?)) in exchange for 100 Agility Tokens (equal to 1 Agility Point)."

Run #8:

Shinkiba young-guardian
P2 + ZX sinkadus and eagle eye

Decay: 15.36
Ammo: 28.36

Expenses: 43.72

Loot: 34.92
TT%: 79.9%

Run total: -8.8
Log total: -18.84

Apparently, it was a stupid idea to use the P2 when its not maxed...

Apparently, it was a stupid idea to use the P2 when its not maxed...

Yeah, very important to make sure to only use maxed weapons, you've already got a lot going against you, no reason to make things harder.

Yeah, very important to make sure to only use maxed weapons, you've already got a lot going against you, no reason to make things harder.

I got so tired of the P1 so I had to try something else :p

One more run with any of them and I should hit lvl 5 on ranged laser dmg. After that it is time to pick up the Heatray and skill plasma pistols. That's going to suck, 19 attacks per minute...

Run #9:

Shinkiba young-guardian
P2 + ZX sinkadus and eagle eye

Decay: 14.83
Ammo: 33.36

Expenses: 48.19

Loot: 32.15
TT%: 66.7%

Run total: -16.04
Log total: -34.88

Back