Melee decay: 13.10

Expenses: 62.74

Loot: 40.62
TT%: 64.7%

Run total: -22.12
Log total: -57

Last edited:
So...

For the next run I am bringing more gear, or perhaps I am switching mob. I am thinking of buying an ek-2600 and some UL longblade so I don't have to keep avoiding the bigger mobs I stumble upon. It really sucks, and on top of that they aggro quite often and ruin my mood when they send me back to camp...

Notes:

Last edited:
gratz on the shinkiba global.

Tonight I'm summing up what might have been my best run so far. Brought a Valor with me for the annoying mobs and it paid of immediately when I had a 79PED global on a shinkiba dominant. I realize it is a gamble to use it but the game got a lot funnier when I could stop avoiding mobs.

Professional levels are going up steadily. Interesting to see that Laser Sniper hit level 7 last night while I was working on shortblades and blp pistols. However, I am suprised about how small the impact has been on the melee professions. It will take a bit of time to skill them.

I would need some advice on healing tools. Currently at level 2.5 paramedic and my IO-pulse really only works well between mobs. If I for some reason get two Shinkibas attacking at the same time I am F'ed...

When I was hunting Daikibas, I used:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=FAP&name=Herb_box

The Herb box doesn't heal big, but it's decent and the biggest thing is that it is efficient, so your heal/pec is really good (10.06 heal/pec). They can usually be found on auction for TT+1 ped, and are repairable.

If you have a monster attacking you and your health is low, only heal to the point where you know a crit followed by a hit won't kill you (usually ~75%). You can heal more towards 85-90% when you aren't being attacked, but don't waste a full heal on a small portion of health, as the overhealing is just wasted ped.

When I was hunting Daikibas, I used:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=FAP&name=Herb_box

The Herb box doesn't heal big, but it's decent and the biggest thing is that it is efficient, so your heal/pec is really good (10.06 heal/pec). They can usually be found on auction for TT+1 ped, and are repairable.

If you have a monster attacking you and your health is low, only heal to the point where you know a crit followed by a hit won't kill you (usually ~75%). You can heal more towards 85-90% when you aren't being attacked, but don't waste a full heal on a small portion of health, as the overhealing is just wasted ped.

The IO-pulse is actually even more eco at 10.56:

www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=FAP&name=10-Pulse_Unit

I don't think the +0.26 hp/sec will make a big difference. However, it is somewhat faster but with lower heals. The next step would be the T10 but I can't even use it yet. Perhaps I should chip in a small amount of first aid.

I try to not overheal. Sometimes I am being too cheap and end up being critted to death...

For run #11:

Shinkiba young-alpha
Young + tagger: Svempa S40
Mature + Old: Castorian Survival Enblade-A
Provider+ : Katsuishi Valor

Decay: 9.96
Ammo: 34.58
Melee decay: 49.26

Expenses: 93.8

Loot: 155.13
TT%: 165.6%

Run total: +61.33
Log total: +4.33

Awesome Run! Had a 79 PED global (uploading later) and looted a load of items. A health tool, a MF chip, a longsword, a shortblade, three rifles and probably something else. Me happy now! Time to spoil that small profit by hunting drones outside ithaca!

Will give it a single run using the UL sword. If I am down, I'll quite, if I am up I'll go on.

Edit: Just realized Im bringing a knife to a gunfight...

Last edited:
BAck from drones and loongtooths now... Approximately -100 PEDs, adding it up tomorrow. Back to shinkibas tomorrow :p

For run #12:

Katsuishi Valor
6A plating

Drone Co-ordinators gen 03-06
Longtooth Old-Dominant (team)

Decay: 30.44
Ammo: 10.00
Melee decay: 182.00

Expenses: 222.44

Loot: 122.30
TT%: 55%

Run total: -100.14
Log total: -95.81

For run #13:

Back to shinkibas...
3x Castorian whatever TT-longblade

Decay: 16.61
Melee decay: 45.98

Expenses: 62.59

Loot: 27.56
TT%: 44%

Run total: -35.03
Log total: -130.84

Edit: Notes (Correct +2.85, TT 35.14)

Last edited:
Not sure of your longblades prof level, but I would stay away from the Caly TT longblade. If you want to skill lb then try to find something from the auction house. Maybe the low level next island longblades.

Not sure of your longblades prof level, but I would stay away from the Caly TT longblade. If you want to skill lb then try to find something from the auction house. Maybe the low level next island longblades.

Currently the longblade levels are 4. I didn't put much effort into looking at this, I thought that the TT-blades were good to start out with. I guess I need to browse Entropedia a bit...

The worst part about them is that they are so damn slow...

For run #14:

Back to shinkibas...

Decay: 15.57
Melee decay: 45.72

Expenses: 61.29

Loot: 41.33
TT%: 67.4%

Run total: -19.96
Log total: -150.80

Now, at this time I really regret the drone hunting I did on Friday. It was fun though... Summarizing everything as soon as I hit level 5 in all the hunting skills excluding pure pvp stuff and decoy dispensing.

For run #15:

Back to shinkibas...
3x Falx

Decay: 6.87
Melee decay: 34.80

Expenses: 41.67

Loot: 37.16
TT%: 89.2%

Run total: -4.51
Log total: -155.31

Only 70 killpoints left and the 1k shinkiba is completed :D

For run #16:

Various mobs
Falx + Valor

Decay: 7.24
Melee decay: 89.19

Expenses: 96.43

Loot: 54.57
TT%: 61.2%

Run total: -41.86
Log total: -197.17

Bad day today. Think I am going back to the punys next time and keep stocking up on the bone samples or something.

Edit: Started to summarize the hunts but ended up with a big error...Gaaah.... Anyways, it was easy to see a pattern; When I started to skill melee the costs skyrocketed and if I want to stay in game I need to get rid of the emergency-gear. It is apparently a lot cheaper to die and get frustrated than using an uneco fap and blade to keep yourself alive...

Last edited:
Looking for advice on entry level clubs and whips people! Will reach 5 in both hit and damage for longblades tonight and wish to save the shortblades for later.

Can't believe I'm soon getting to hold a laser rifle again.

Quick update, will add percentages tomorrow, to tired now...

Falx

Decay: 5.00
Melee Decay: 68.78
Loot: 65.60
Total: - 8.18

Valor

I was looking for low level clubs, whips, powerfists and shortblades at auction but couldn't find anything. This was right after I had issues logging on which took me 45 minutes or so, so kind of a ragerun that turned out well.

Decay: 2.52
Melee decay: 89.01
Loot: 123.27
Total: +31,74

Log total: -173.61

---

A lot of fun loot, MF chips, a few weapons. I was actually looking for a specific laser rifle at auction but couldn't find one. During my ragerun I managed to loot one with full TT. Currently in the middle of a laser-rifle shinkiba run which I must interupt. Quick look makes it look like I've been breaking even halfway through.

Run #19

Decay: 59.14
Melee decay: 91.21
Ammo: 105.00

Total expenses: 255.35

Loot: 185.04

Run total: -70.31
Log total: -243.92

So, first round of wof is done. I decided to finish the last cells I had this morning:

Decay: 179.19
Ammo used: 550.00

Loot: 490.48

Run total: -238.71

However, I am not sure if I am going to add this to the log, since this was the complete opposite of what I am trying to do. Guess I'll put WoF in a different column for now. ;)

FYi: Single item looted was a lvl 2 regen chip.... Bullocks.

For run #14:

Back to shinkibas...

Decay: 15.57
Melee decay: 45.72

I am curious: what do you categorize under decay? Since you only use melee and have melee decay seperated?

I am curious: what do you categorize under decay? Since you only use melee and have melee decay seperated?

Melee decay is the decay on melee weapons. During a melee run the post called decay would include armor, healing and taggers. I am not sure I mentioned it but I've started to carry around an ek-2350 for those annoying bigger mobs. I do however sometimes get bored and start doing stupid stuff which causes decay... However, I am ready to sacrifice a few peds if it increases the entertainment level.

I have also started wearing an adj pixie. Less healing and less ammo spent makes it feel more eco.

This upcoming week I'm back to shinkibas. Going to post that summary I've been mentioning and also, it is time for a new gameplan.

Summary of first 20 runs

Excluding WoF:

Total decay: 258.15
Total ammo: 410.5
Total melee decay: 709.05

Total expenses: 1377.70
Total loot: 1129.53

TT return: 81.99%
Sum: -248.17

Not that bad considering I have been up to a lot of stupid shit. Perhaps I would have been doing even better if I wouldn't. But 250 PEDs is not much per hour, so far. Also, still got about 500 PED of stacks in storage waiting to reach sellable amounts. Should add up to at least a MU of 50 PED.

WoF:

Decay: 179.19
Ammo used: 550.00

Total expenses: 729.19
Loot: 490.48

WoF TT return: 67.26%
WoF total: -238.71

So, WoF is pure fun. Hopefully I manage to get something bigger next time to even things out.

---------

Skills rounded down to nearest 500:

Weapon Handling: 2000
First aid: 2000
LWT: 1500
Anatomy: 1500
Longblades: 1000
Handgun: 1000
Rifle: 1000
Combat reflexes: 500
Dexterity: 500
IRD: 500
Melee combat: 500

Both WH and FA got a 10 PED chip each costing me 90 and 180 PEDs. The FA chip I got yesterday was probably the best investment so far, since I getting much more out of my healing tools. In 20 more runs I will estimate skill values.

Current prof. standings:

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Regarding professions: I am going to adjust my plan a bit... I am still going for all skils up to 50, however, I will prioritize Swordsan and Laser Sniper. This means I will let these gain 5 levels at a time while the others only get 2.5. I need to do this so I can hunt a wider range of mobs and also because I will unlock skills faster. So it might look something like:

Main prof: 10, Secondary prof: 5
Main prof: 15, Secondary prof: 7.5
Main prof: 20, Secondary prof: 10

The other skills will therefore only be skilled at half the pace. At the same time I am skipping the pure PVP skills. Chips will used when needed to optimize my game.

---

So, off to hunt I guess... Next step is to bring my lasers and swordman to lvl 10 after which remaining prof standings should be brought up to 5.

---

MU on sold loot: +8.23

Last edited:
Run #21

Ammo: 13.00
Decay: 4.19
Melee decay: 29.16

Total expenses: 46.35

Loot: 32.59
Total: -13.76

Sales at auction (MU only): +8.23

Log total (Excluding WoF): -244.24
Log total (Including WoF): -482.95

I did however loot something interesting:

nanochip.jpg

Which I will keep for a while before I sell. It seems quite rare so will be interesting to see what it sells for. Great run including the markup, not so great TT-wise. Value of chip will be added to log total once I sell it.

Run #21

nanochip.jpg

Which I will keep for a while before I sell. It seems quite rare so will be interesting to see what it sells for. Great run including the markup, not so great TT-wise. Value of chip will be added to log total once I sell it.

Gratz to your (first?) UL item! interesting reading your log :)
Also so you global in-game so gz on that! Keep up the grinding

Run #21

nanochip.jpg

Congrats on the loot. I don't really know the value of it, but MU +250 looks good, though might be hard to actually get that!

Was this a WOF mob?

Gratz to your (first?) UL item! interesting reading your log :)
Also so you global in-game so gz on that! Keep up the grinding

Congrats on the loot. I don't really know the value of it, but MU +250 looks good, though might be hard to actually get that!

Was this a WOF mob?

Thank you,

No WoF mob. High maturity Shinkiba. Dont remember which, but I was using my emergency gear so must have been Dominant or higher.

Run #22

Ammo: 50.00
Decay: 3.10

Total expenses: 53.10

Loot: 61.88

Run Total: +8.78

Log total (Excluding WoF): -235,46
Log total (Including WoF): -474,17

Including a small global (28PED) with an almost full TT Isis BL200E. Not much markup on it, but it seems to be the next step on my BLP-skilling so guess it's a keeper :)

Run #23

Ammo: 90.00
Decay: 8.52

Total expenses: 98.52

Loot: 89.99

Run Total: -8.53

Log total (Excluding WoF): -243.99
Log total (Including WoF): -482.70

Unlocked MMS. At least that's something...

Not in a good mood right now so I'll just plot som numbers here and fix them later...

55SME
2xfalx + 11.24
IO+a - 7.47

per18.63 -Z 219
C - 24.21 -> 267

Loot: 126.66

Back