*WoF Judge Sign-Up Thread* JOBS VACANT!

Hi, Hurrikane...

I am free on the weekend at any time you need me except after 16:00 MA time on sunday. Just sign me up for any slot that you need a judge at and I will be there.

-Varian Gabriel Wrynn

P.S I wasn't sure if I should be posting time slots here or not so I didnt last weekend. But I guess it has to be done here.

CONFIRMED HUNTING SLOTS THIS WEEKEND:

19:00 Saturday: AMETHERA (JUDGE: KittyLee)

07:00 Sunday: AUSTRALIA

12:00 Sunday: EUDORIA (JUDGE: Hurrikane)

17:00 Sunday: CZECH, SWEDEN, ROMANIA

So, several slots open, let me know if you want them, priority generally to those who haven't done the most.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
07:00 Sunday: AUSTRALIA

I will take this Slot if you don't mind Hurrikane.

-Varian Gabriel Wrynn

I can do Sunday 17:00

Sadly enough I am only available for the 17.00 or 00.00 slot on Saturday. I will make my way to Caly anyways and
be there just incase of a group showing up. :)

Booking for Sweden:

aia said:
We would like the slot 17:00 the coming two sundays.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't post it in the judges thread.

If you dont have anyone else to help out i can also help on the 17:00 sunday.

GB definitely won't be taking the slot now. Looks like Romania want to do that one though, according to their thread.

On another note, I expected a weekend off before the group stage. When we don't get the draw until Monday it doesn't give us very much time to organise a time slot when we have to negotiate it with our opponents.

i'm free for sunday if you need a judge

GB definitely won't be taking the slot now. Looks like Romania want to do that one though, according to their thread.

On another note, I expected a weekend off before the group stage. When we don't get the draw until Monday it doesn't give us very much time to organise a time slot when we have to negotiate it with our opponents.

I'd prefer that too but the WoF needs to fit around existing plans by Mindark for this year at least.

Leeway will be given, as with previous years the Teams often end up conducting 2 hunts in one weekend or similar. As long as all scheduled matches take place within the Stage 3 Time-Frame we will be happy.

Hurrikane

I'd prefer that too but the WoF needs to fit around existing plans by Mindark for this year at least.

Leeway will be given, as with previous years the Teams often end up conducting 2 hunts in one weekend or similar. As long as all scheduled matches take place within the Stage 3 Time-Frame we will be happy.

Hurrikane

OK, glad there's some flexibility.

I can judge Sunday 1700 if you still need people (or the earlier one but 1700 looks to be the busy slot).

As usual, I plan to be around for the 17:00 slot, and will be available to judge.

***wof stage 3 fixtures***

STAGE 3 FIXTURES

So far the following matches have been confirmed:

Saturday 22/11 19:00 Sweden Vs Poland
Saturday 22/11 19:00 Finland Vs DACH
Saturday 22/11 19:00 Guinea Vs Africa
Saturday 22/11 19:00 Romania Vs France

Sunday 23/11 17:00 Sweden Vs Amethera
Sunday 23/11 17:00 Great Britain Vs Eudoria
Sunday 23/11 17:00 USA Vs Italy

That's only two slots to cover but a fair bit of action. i will be able to be at both (and any others that come), please state availability here and I'll try to assign all Judges before Saturday.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Hurri did u hear me? I was just talking to my mom about needing to find out what teams are going to be around for what slots to see if we can manage to make a store run in between some rounds. lol

Anyway ill be around for both of those time slots to help out if needed. cant wait!

I won't be able to help out this time, sorry. If it turns out you have any matches in slots other than those two I might be able to.

I expect to be available for both the Saturday 19:00 and Sunday 17:00 slots.

I Count on being availible as needed; preferably not the 24:00 match though (I might be a bit sleepy at the end of it as it is 04:00 local time). A second Catch being the matches Sweden have, though if there is a lack of judges, I might be able to fill in.

I'm free for saturday and sunday.

Updated scoresheet for Stage 3. Kind of rushed it, so let me know if you see any bugs.

Version 2.01
1.) Updated for stage 3 mobs including wildcard bonus mob
2.) Disabled Trophy Mob for Stage 3
3.) Enabled Win & Loot bonus
4.) Added Short Straw bonus fields for Main & Support
5.) Added field for case of Solo Main hunter (& no support), 20 points.

Known issues:

1.) Still need to add some more fields at the bottom of support list for "Main as support" globals when no support teams.
2.) Need to fix ATH calculation for support/main to consider who really got the bonus mob and maybe some other bonuses.
3.) Getting kind of cluttered with all the new fields so need to rework the layout and clean it up.
4.) Wrong font on some fields (where was that Oleg?).

Version 2.01 - Stage 3 Scoresheet

Good luck, Mack

Last edited:
You can add another match for the Sunday 17:00 slot, USA vs. Italy....will be hunting in that match and unfortunately can't make the Saturday slot this weekend. If anything else comes up on different slot on Sunday I probably can cover that.

Added some matches to the Stage 3 schedule, now 8 teams at 19:00 Saturday and 6 teams at 17:00 Sunday.

Hurrikane

Plan changed, should be there for today's match to help out (19:00 Sat).
Mack

Confirmed Matches for next weekend (6th/7th December) highlighted in red; will update if more arrive.

GROUP A:

DACH vs FINLAND: DACH 737 / FINLAND 246
DACH vs CZECH: DACH 556 / CZECH 0
CZECH vs FINLAND:

GROUP B:

SWEDEN vs AMETHERA: SWEDEN 727 / AMETHERA 142
SWEDEN vs POLAND: SWEDEN 588 / POLAND 60
POLAND vs AMETHERA: AMETHERA 288 / POLAND 80

GROUP C:

USA vs ITALY: USA 597 / ITALY 482
USA vs BENELUX: SATURDAY 13th / 19:00
BENELUX vs ITALY: SATURDAY 13th /14:00

GROUP D:

GREAT BRITAIN vs EUDORIA: GREAT BRITAIN 665 / EUDORIA 341
GREAT BRITAIN vs WALES: GREAT BRITAIN 751 / WALES 54
WALES vs EUDORIA: SUNDAY 14th / 17:00

GROUP E:

FRANCE vs ROMANIA: FRANCE 611 / ROMANIA 277
FRANCE vs CANADA: FRANCE 461 / CANADA 25
CANADA vs ROMANIA: ROMANIA 228 / CANADA 0

GROUP F:

GUINEA vs AFRICA: GUINEA 478 / AFRICA 95
GUINEA vs AUSTRALIA: SUNDAY 14th / 00:00
AFRICA vs AUSTRALIA: AUSTRALIA 405 / AFRICA 200

Hurrikane

Last edited:
I will be able to help out with the Saturday the 6th at 19:00 along with Sunday the 7th at 17:00. Hurri dont worry to much about the Sunday the 14th at 00:00 I will be there and im sure someone else will show up. ;)

I can be there for any/all of the currently confirmed matches.

We'll need another judge for France vs Canada as Canada have decided to take on Romania in the same time slot. I've allowed it as it makes no advantage for anyone and Canada isn't available next weekend. France vs Canada and Romania vs Canada will be scored as separate matches, with Canada's score applying to either.

Hurrikane

We'll need another judge for France vs Canada as Canada have decided to take on Romania in the same time slot. I've allowed it as it makes no advantage for anyone and Canada isn't available next weekend. France vs Canada and Romania vs Canada will be scored as separate matches, with Canada's score applying to either.

Hurrikane

There is a clear advantage for both France and Romania if their opposition has to chase two different bonus mobs at the same time rather than working on other mobs, making it easier for France and Romania to get win, loot and short straw bonuses. It will also affect the difficulty of the sweep and variety for the team that doesn't get the first wild card. All of that combined could make a difference of up to 335 points for each team.

There is also a clear advantage for Canada in the event that they get an unusually high scoring round which would then effectively be doubled. In addition to that they don't have to go to the effort and expense of hunting a second time, while every other team (including their direct opponents) do.

Plus it leads to a complicated situation where one team, in trying to defeat their match opponents, give an advantage to the other team in their group in doing so because the two results are no longer independent.

Allowing this is ludicrous and unfair.

Last edited:
There is also a clear advantage for Canada in the event that they get an unusually high scoring round which would then effectively be doubled. In addition to that they don't have to go to the effort and expense of hunting a second time, while every other team (including their direct opponents) do.

Plus it leads to a complicated situation where one team, in trying to defeat their match opponents, give an advantage to the other team in their group in doing so because the two results are no longer independent.

Allowing this is ludicrous and unfair.

I just have to agree with this completely, especially about the cost, time and effort every other team has to put in to the round. I know Team Eudoria, as well as many teams, is rather small. Not everyone is available to hunt on each weekend, but we've made due, and we keep fighting. If Team Canada was not available for a particular weekend, I feel that they should have made other arrangements to hunt against the teams in question. Sweden did, and hunted two separate matches vs. their competitors on the same weekend, so why didn't Canada do the same?

IMO, allowing ANY team to effectively only hunt ONE match in their quest for movement into the next round is not a good precedent to set.

Back