*WoF Judge Sign-Up Thread* JOBS VACANT!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi to all who have Judged the WoF before, and all who wish to.

This year a suitable reward is being worked out to repay your time and mental strain in recording dozens of globals for hours on end. As soon as it has been decided I will clarify:)

If you wish to be an Official WoF Judge, please sign up here. Proven Judges will be given priority but everyone who applies should get a turn*. Those perform well will be called on again:)

All you have to do is keep an eye on the moblists and rules, team with the team you're judging, keep track of their score and confer with the other Judges about the overall scores. You also send updates and time-calls to the Team throughout the match.
We ESPECIALLY welcome Judges from the places furthest from the MA Time-Zone:)
Look forward to hanging out with you all.

*Weekends being free would be a Bonus.

Hurrikane

I would be willing to be a judge. I have participated in a few WoF events, but it would be my first time judging. I can fill in on weekend hours.

I would be willing to be a judge. I have participated in a few WoF events, but it would be my first time judging. I can fill in on weekend hours.

Thank you very much:) Your name will be added to the Judges' roster and you will recieve any PM communication meant for all Judges.

See you on the field:)

Hurrikane

I would like to be a WoF judge again this year if possible. I had great fun last year. I will also try to do some coverage of WoF on Radio Arkadia (although will not be covering matches I'm judging, it's a little to much for me to do both).

As per PM, will try to help.

I'd be happy to help out with the judging, with exception of when Team Eudoria is scheduled to hunt. Otherwise, I have rather open availability most weekends.

Go Team Eudoria!! :cheer:

Last edited:
Yo Hurrikane. Glad to see you round again and running this great event. Since I'm working NORMAL hours these days, I might look at jumping into a support team this time...or a I may look at helping out with judging myself....Will have a look at my calendar and let you know closer to the date.

Incidentally, Jamira has volunteered to help judge but cant sign up here as she's permabanned. If you would like the assistance, look for an FL request from her.

Yo Hurrikane. Glad to see you round again and running this great event. Since I'm working NORMAL hours these days, I might look at jumping into a support team this time...or a I may look at helping out with judging myself....Will have a look at my calendar and let you know closer to the date.

Incidentally, Jamira has volunteered to help judge but cant sign up here as she's permabanned. If you would like the assistance, look for an FL request from her.

Jamira's never banned from the WoF;) I'll hook up in-game.

Oh and thanks all above for signing up, will keep you posted:)

Hurrikane

Signing up for a few, cant do the crazy as before, but could certainly do a few.

Putty!! Green dots to the South East. Cue Marber double woosh!!!!!

Shit, who glowballed!!

I will come help judges when I can, no fee :)

Good to see you and the WoF back! I'd like to judge again and am available weekends and weird hours.

Heya
I'll gladly help, i'm mostly free the week end.

You know im always there for you as a judge. nothing has changed this year. cant wait for next week to get things started!

Hi to all Judges, waiting on confirmation before telling you all about the new job... but thank you all for offering to help, will be updating the Team Threads on Monday and will update this one too. Have a great weekend:)

Hurrikane

I'm considering joining team eudoria for wof.

I would be able to help with judging on weekend and maybe an evening or two after work.

I wish to sign up to.

I should be able to clear my Schedule most match weekends, with the exception when I'm engaged in a match myself.

Hey Hurri,

Been away from game for a while myself, but coincidentily started playing again last week. Noticed the WOF announcements, so guess it was fate. Sent you a PM about a couple things, and will try to help out as much as I can with judging as work permits.

-Mack

Sorry USA I stole your judge for a better cause, Lokia will be with us. But she can still help judge USA.

Hi to all Judges; I just spent most of a long night doing the Team updates and writing to Mindark so I'll keep this brief before I hit the sack:)

Thanks for signing up, waiting now on confirmation of Judging Fees to be paid for each match judged, so I can tell you officially. Time-slot confirmations are rolling in, by wednesday-thursday i should be posting all the confirmed hunt times which we'll need Judges for. I do have an offer of extra help should we fall short so all looking good. Mack's been found but with the short notice it's unlikely he'll have the spreadsheets for scoring done like before (and I only just asked him) but I recommend a go with pen and paper if not:)

Will be posting more tomorrow in the sub-forum whenever I'm awake.

Hurrikane

I should be available to judge whenever team Guinea isn't shooting. :yay:

Hey all,

Finally back...I know Jamira has a version out there now too, but just in case you want mine here is the scoresheet updated for Qualifiers. I added a field for the Trophy Mob bonus. Trophy bonus will get added to Main team score like the Sweep Bonus.

Here's a link to the file:

Qualifier WOF 2014 Scoresheet

File is protected. Password is "wof2014".

Let me know if you find any bugs.

Thanks, Mack

Last edited:
Few tweaks....

Got rid of MIA penalty and fixed a couple unprotected fields. Let me know if you find anything else...

Qualifier WOF 2014 Scoresheet

-Mack

P.S. Think this requires 2010 or newer Excel, will see about making backwards compatible to some older versions later.

Thanks Mac for this. Makes judging just a little easier. :yay:

Firstly, thanks Mack for that... it's a huge help. Everyone who wants to save themselves a LOT of writing very small numbers down please download either Mack's or our mysterious German helper's scoresheet;)

Now... onto business.

WAGES.

I know most of you are veterans who have done this job for nothing, and I can not thank you all enough for the hours already devoted to helping this event take place. I know the newcomers would probably sign up to help whether there was a reward or not. BUT it's an Official Event now. There is a budget for such things. And as such, the SALARY for Judging a WOF match now works out like this: 100 PED of Universal Ammo PER TEAM, PER HUNT.
We will be trying to get a Judge embedded in EVERY team but in the rare occasions when a Judge needs to watch several teams at once then the fee is multiplied by the number of teams they're judging.

I will be keeping a Log of all Judging Activity and will be handing over the total amassed by each Judge at the end of the event.

How it's going to work is this; I have the names of all the Judges who have offered to help this year:

Teeghan Tee Mitexi
Bridget Lokia Parker
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Warden Coz Coz
Jim Ewok Morris
Angel Spike Sunny
Lars Lars Sebra
Rowan Ra Zamora
Astaraceae Artemisia
George Ace Skywalker
Ea Aia Nou
Armak Mack Zardacon
Kitten Kittylee Hermes
Simone Wauspaus Kelleners
Chris Ruben Nomad
Grey Greyhair Sloth

We also have a very experienced judge who has some differences of opinion with this fine forum who will no doubt meet us in-game:) This makes 13 + me. As well as these fine people we have been offered assistance from BIG Industries so we're looking pretty covered. Anyone else wishing to judge just needs to register on this thread to be added to the list.

THE AIM IS 1 JUDGE PER TEAM.

CONFIRMED HUNT TIMES:

SATURDAY 14:00: DACH, AMETHERA
SATURDAY 19:00: FINLAND, GUINEA, FRANCE, ITALY, AFRICA, WALES
SATURDAY/SUNDAY 00:00: USA, EUDORIA
SUNDAY 07:00: GREAT BRITAIN, AUSTRALIA
SUNDAY 12:00: SWEDEN, POLAND
SUNDAY 17:00: CZECH

Teams Yet To Confirm:

ROMANIA
BeNeLux
CANADA

*Note* The 17:00 on Sunday has been added but Judges are scarce.

Will update list as times come in.

So if you can cover one of the Confirmed Hunts,
please post here. I will do my best to make sure everyone gets a turn but I reserve the right to assign more experienced Judges (including myself) to certain teams or matches as I see fit.

WALK-UP JUDGING: If any Judges are able to attend the Start Point at the start of ANY Timeslot to see if they are needed that would be great. There hasn't been a huge amount of time for teams to prepare so some will be turning up in the hope a spare Judge is there. As the event goes on I aim to tighten this procedure up a bit. Looks like 19:00 is the most popular slot but they all get used:)

I should be able to attend every match but if I cannot, I will nominate a bursar to record any Judging shifts for payments.

Thanks to all and see you on the weekend.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Hello,
First of all thanks for accepting me as a judge.
I think that i can come to Saturday 14h, for 19h, i would like to play in the support for the french team, but if you need I can judge.
For Sunday, i don't know yet my planninq, will update this post.

Mack, your spreadsheet doesn't seem to allow for the possibility of the trophy mob being a HoF or Susan. Great job otherwise :)

I should be able to help for the busy Saturday evening slot, probably the afternoon too if needed but that one's looking pretty easy at the moment.

I can be there to judge for:

SATURDAY 14:00: DACH
SATURDAY/SUNDAY 00:00: USA, EUDORIA

The Sunday ones are both very early for me, but I will try to be there for them also.

The 19:00 timeslot I will be standing there but cannot judge it since I will be coordinating team Guinea.

Have updated the CONFIRMED HUNT TIMES list on the original post.

Have had a request from Team CZECH for a later Slot on Sunday.

Can anyone cover Sunday 17:00?

Hurrikane

also willing to particiapte as Judge

Hey FEllows

i am a bit infected this year and like to give my Help as a Judge also.

for excample SAT 19:00 / 00:00
see you in the Fields

Greets
Chriss Ruben Nomad

Last edited:
Back