Wish list

KakLo

Old
Kaka kLara Lost
I wish for a wish list.

There are many discussions about economy, professions, cost to play and so on. Most of as will agree that this game needs improvements. Improvements that attract new players and manage to make them keep playing at the same time.

I hope we can build a wish list with which most of EU agrees which will guide MA in the right direction.
I’m a 3-year old noob, NON GAMBLER, very low level player and depositor but I think that most of the changes that MA make is in the wrong direction. This is a part of my personal wish list:

• Improved crafting – everything crafted is different level and different items components. Components are crafted only by looted materials BUT final product is build in some sort of refiner from crafted or looted components, FRAGMENTS, item parts and crafted ammo/probes.
• No more complete items and ammo in loot. Only materials and special/rare components. New players must the have possibility to break even by selling fragments and fruits, stones, dung.
• No more UL items in loot or in crafts – repair of UL items must need at least fragments and/or raw materials. No repair by PEDs.
• L items are pre-filed with crafted ammo/probes/… - TT sell only low effective guns/tools
• No more guns/tools/items in token traders – only skill gain pills or rights to enter special area, event, crafts …
• No untradeable items, tokens, … !
• No dabble fee for trading – no fee for orders. Fee payable only by seller.
• No more deeds – even more, buy back existing after same % of profit for holders.
• New ONE time adventure quests – quests that need exploration, puzzle solving, clue finding BUT don’t require PED burning, special profession level or skill. Reward must be UNIQUE item or part of item with low TT but collectable value.
• Allow player base to show creativity and build the world – buildings, structures, roads, … but EVERYTHING DECAYS. Right to build given to token and Deed holders.
• Remove custom chats – now I feel EU more separated and quiet.
• Fixed time to withdraw

I don’t think there is collision in between my wishes or harm to existing world because there isn’t impact over economy but only entertainment. More entertainment – more players.

You can agree, disagree, discuss my points or add yours. I have more but no big hope that something change toward my direction and my next wish is that the game I am waiting for to be released soon. :tapfinger

that doesnt sound like a wishlist, sounds like a dream list.
some stuff if you do, will damage the economy in a way that the game will fade

So hunter buys 100 PEDs of ammo and then loots 90 peds of materials. Crafter buys the material and crafts 81 PED of ammo. Then hunter hunts and loots 73 ped materials. Crafter crafts 66. 59, 53, 48.... at the end of the day we will all be sweating cause there is no ammo left in game...

No more deeds – even more, buy back existing after same % of profit for holders.

• Allow player base to show creativity and build the world – buildings, structures, roads, … but EVERYTHING DECAYS. Right to build given to token and Deed holders.

no deeds, but deedholders get favor? :scratch2::scratch2:

no

that doesnt sound like a wishlist, sounds like a dream list.
some stuff if you do, will damage the economy in a way that the game will fade

for sure every change can do harm, but i think my dreams are nothing new but original design of the game.

So hunter buys 100 PEDs of ammo and then loots 90 peds of materials. Crafter buys the material and crafts 81 PED of ammo. Then hunter hunts and loots 73 ped materials. Crafter crafts 66. 59, 53, 48.... at the end of the day we will all be sweating cause there is no ammo left in game...

Not necessary - everyone have loot -> every one craft it at rate ~ 100% for ammo or probes for some skills. It's equal to sell loot to TT and buy ammo/probes but without skills and more frustration.

no deeds, but deedholders get favor? :scratch2::scratch2:

Why not? You claim land for construction and lose dead.

If that wishlist get true, i just would quit the game.

Me too!

Items in loot is good, and actually it is what is missing in low levels mob loot.

Items in loot keep people motivated to continue hunting.

OK maybe i'm wrong but nothing in this list is true and new players still didn't stay. Why ?

What you don't like exactly or you think everything is wrong?

I think if someone have idea of improvement - post it, make a poll. If, let say 2/3 agree put it in a wishlist.
If you think that the game isn't broken and dont need improvement - vote NO to every wish.

• Improved crafting – everything crafted is different level and different items components. Components are crafted only by looted materials BUT final product is build in some sort of refiner from crafted or looted components, FRAGMENTS, item parts and crafted ammo/probes.
More components > higher cost to play
• No more complete items and ammo in loot. Only materials and special/rare components. New players must the have possibility to break even by selling fragments and fruits, stones, dung.
This would lead higher cost to play which would lead to less players playing. New players already have plenty of opportunities to break even.
• No more UL items in loot or in crafts – repair of UL items must need at least fragments and/or raw materials. No repair by PEDs.
Some people are not here to interact but to play you cant force anyone to buy stuff from others. About the fragments and raw mats as repair input you understand it would mean the peds would run out? 100ped tt spent gives 90ped loot, so you can repair item to 90ped only and so on and so on... at one moment no more items to use as input while still plenty of PEDs ingame.
• L items are pre-filed with crafted ammo/probes/… - TT sell only low effective guns/tools
TT already sells low effective guns and tools. L items with prefilled ammo and probes would mean the price of them would rise. Imagine buying Geotrek apis will all the ammo it can shoot in one trade (so few k peds spent on it alone)[/QUOTE]
• No more guns/tools/items in token traders – only skill gain pills or rights to enter special area, event, crafts …
Lets destroy the token value because Fxxx You players who spend time on grinding missions.
• No untradeable items, tokens, … !
I agree, untradeable items is not good.
No fee for orders would lead to auction being filled with stupid undercut price orders. I think if you cant afford to place an order you cant afford the item anyways
• No more deeds – even more, buy back existing after same % of profit for holders.
Wouldnt be fair for the deed holders, only if MA bought them up secretly for market value from auctions and traders, but that is not really our concern what MA does.
• New ONE time adventure quests – quests that need exploration, puzzle solving, clue finding BUT don’t require PED burning, special profession level or skill. Reward must be UNIQUE item or part of item with low TT but collectable value.
Arent there already some noob missions out there? Just rewards are not unique because there are over 10 000 players who can do those quests and 10 000 rewards is in no way unique.

We were already promised this possibility for CLD owners. Other than that user creation creates lag and takes some extra work to keep an eye on them. Imagine someone creating huge penis in middle of twin peaks or hammer and a sickle or something that could offend other players.
You can add customs chats in one window and it is very very crowded then..
• Fixed time to withdraw
Back to 40 days yeah, less than that could lead to some serious money laundering schemes.

Thats it went through all your posts most of them are bad for the game only good ones were non untradeable items and withdrawal time made bit shorter.
I think you should stay bit longer in this game and you will see most of your ideas are impossible without killing the game.

Sorry mate but I only use low level (well they're low level now) UL items this would end my gaming in EU as instead of playing I'd have to spend more time on the auction and as non Calypso auctions would have few if any of these types of resources it could kill them off.

When you say deeds do you mean CLD or apartment / land area deeds?

I agree with the adventure quests but any solution would quickly get posted and it would end up being something to tick off a list rather than engaging the players. For instance 'The Thing' runs along these lines, the solution got posted and people just followed it and quickly completed the mission with little or no thought, we even had people guiding others giving them the solution to each problem.

As for building roads and such, I think it's a limitation to the engine. We each have a full copy of the EU maps installed on our systems so adding random buildings and roads built by the players could cause issues. Think of the player contributed material in signs, for many it never appears for others it's instant.

OK maybe i'm wrong but nothing in this list is true and new players still didn't stay. Why ?

May ppl left, about all the changes MA did, about some wish list. :)

...but i think my dreams are nothing new but original design of the game.

If you knew how the game was designed at start, you would not play today :).

This is the only sane idea in this list. There's no real reason for that additional fee to exist, and more orders would mean more people actually playing instead of waiting.
No fee for orders would lead to auction being filled with stupid undercut price orders. I think if you cant afford to place an order you cant afford the item anyways
Spamming is hardly a concern because you'd still need to reserve PEDs for the order. And those undercut orders work only when there's no higher order, hence if anything there are too few orders.

Alot of people are playing this game on limited time. Some don't have the luxury of spending hours upon hours crafting, trading, or simply searching the AH for what's needed. We want to deposit some PEDs and do what we like to do with as few disruptions and obstacles as possible. It's much easier to deposit money, repair items, buy ammo, probes, etc. and continue playing the game than it is staying on the AH looking for everything you need while determining a good price for all the components. Not to mention that armor, weapons, finders, attachments, etc. would all likely need different components for repair just like the current crafting and tiering requirements.

Allowing the player base to create the world we participate in would likely end up as a clusterf**k of a universe. Could you imagine someone gaining the deeds to build stuff then abandoning it like NI?

Imagine the cost to play if you could only buy pre-filled L items. For example, I currently use the zero-six which has a TT of 224. You can use it a total of 12374 times. Total ammo cost to use the entire gun is 2500+. If you want a full TT gun, it would cost 3000 PEDs. I use a dante amp which has 4826 uses. So this would need to be repaired 2.5 times to use the entire gun. Instead of simply going to the repair terminal or using a portable repair unit (like I do), you would need to buy all the components on the AH to repair the amp,or hope you've looted them. That's alot of time and PEDs to tie up. It would virtually be the end the L market. And lastly, have you ever used an unlimited melee weapon? This is where the portable repair unit is invaluable. Requiring components to repair melee would disrupt alot of melee users.

While your wish list may have good intentions, I feel that if most of these suggestions were implemented, you would see a very rapid decline in players and an inevitable bankruptcy of MA.

I wish for a wish list.

i agree with this, the problem is it is to late to change that...
too much ppl invested in ul stuff and good blueprints...you can't take this away from them..
i thought about how to change this often...i just can't find a realistic way to remove unl items without f***ing big investors..

i agree with this, the problem is it is to late to change that...
too much ppl invested in ul stuff and good blueprints...you can't take this away from them..
i thought about how to change this often...i just can't find a realistic way to remove unl items without f***ing big investors..

UL is the only hope in that game. We all wish to loot some nice UL. So removing that would kill the game.

I played PE, without have any L Items. i also remember that a lot ppl left the game, if L was implemented.

UL is the only hope in that game. We all wish to loot some nice UL. So removing that would kill the game.

I played PE, without have any L Items. i also remember that a lot ppl left the game, if L was implemented.

yeah, that is one other point that i said it is too late to make it like this..

if, from beginning, there would have been the L option it would be different...

the problem is, all big hunters have ul..and the rest use looted L items...
looted ressources is 90% just used to gamble...
it should be used to craft items to sell to use...this is only the case for mining stuff (like amps) and perhaps some healing tools...(atm, it was different)

if someones only profession hunting and he got his dream unl weapon and his uber armor he will never be on the buyer side of the economy again...(i know this is just a simplification but i hope you get what i mean)

Thanks for your attention and comments.
For some of the points, apparently my ideas are completely wrong.:ahh: Maybe because I play just a little part of the game.

More components > higher cost to play

I think this is true for curent system with chain-use of components. For example:
(10TT component1 + 20TT materials) -> 90% 30TT -> crafted to 27TT final item.
I have in mind:
10TT component1 + (90% 20TT materials -> crafted in 18TT component2) + Nfragments -> refined to 28TT final item

This would lead higher cost to play which would lead to less players playing. New players already have plenty of opportunities to break even.

If you talk about oil rig, mission tokens, fap service, trading ... I think they need some time to be discovered and the new player can leave before that.
If new hunter can sell fragments to break even, he may stay long enough to be hooked in to the game.
I focused on fragments because they don't cost TT for MA, the price can be controlled easily and they required activity to be gathered (this prevents "alt avatar" issues).

Sorry mate but I only use low level (well they're low level now) UL items this would end my gaming in EU as instead of playing I'd have to spend more time on the auction and as non Calypso auctions would have few if any of these types of resources it could kill them off.

What if you can make FREE order for a full TT L item? Maybe this will facilitate obtaining equivalent of UL (by the way I don't know why we can't make orders for L items. :dunno: If it's explained somewhere, I missed it).

I agree with the adventure quests but any solution would quickly get posted and it would end up being something to tick off a list rather than engaging the players. For instance 'The Thing' runs along these lines, the solution got posted and people just followed it and quickly completed the mission with little or no thought, we even had people guiding others giving them the solution to each problem.

I'm talking about the following sample scenario:
One quest is announced for all the EU or planet. Only 1 player can find the first clue. He can follow it or sell. Only owner of the first clue can find or pick up the second. If the player can't find the second clue for a month, he can lose it at random time (logged in or not) and it pop up in a crowded area, so next lucky player grab it and follow. Here can be implemented exploration, some low level hunting, mining or crafting recipe discovering. At the final -> unique reward.
There was player with very popular "Find my ticket" events, so this must be in the possibilities of MA.

if someones only profession hunting and he got his dream unl weapon and his uber armor he will never be on the buyer side of the economy again...(i know this is just a simplification but i hope you get what i mean)
Exactly! :wise:

What if you can make FREE order for a full TT L item? Maybe this will facilitate obtaining equivalent of UL (by the way I don't know why we can't make orders for L items. :dunno: If it's explained somewhere, I missed it).

1. It can´t be free, you need to reserve at least the purchase price.

2. If you can´t afford 5 PED fee for an order, you very likely can´t afford that 250 PED full TT item.

3. Why no orders for L items? Because you would get a lot of burned out L items, paying markup for something you can only drop to TT

Back