PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Wish list

  1. #11
    Marauder SpikeBlack's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    U.K.
    Avatar
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Posts
    4,989
    Images
    7
    • No more UL items in loot or in crafts – repair of UL items must need at least fragments and/or raw materials. No repair by PEDs.
    Sorry mate but I only use low level (well they're low level now) UL items this would end my gaming in EU as instead of playing I'd have to spend more time on the auction and as non Calypso auctions would have few if any of these types of resources it could kill them off.

    When you say deeds do you mean CLD or apartment / land area deeds?

    I agree with the adventure quests but any solution would quickly get posted and it would end up being something to tick off a list rather than engaging the players. For instance 'The Thing' runs along these lines, the solution got posted and people just followed it and quickly completed the mission with little or no thought, we even had people guiding others giving them the solution to each problem.

    As for building roads and such, I think it's a limitation to the engine. We each have a full copy of the EU maps installed on our systems so adding random buildings and roads built by the players could cause issues. Think of the player contributed material in signs, for many it never appears for others it's instant.
    "I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt" - It's a Gundam
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.
    <raptr sig was here until it started causing security issues in chrome>

  2. #12
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,206
    Images
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by KakLo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK maybe i'm wrong but nothing in this list is true and new players still didn't stay. Why ?
    May ppl left, about all the changes MA did, about some wish list.

  3. #13
    Banned Akbar's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    ViaDolorosa
    Posts
    2,346
    Images
    2859
    Quote Originally Posted by KakLo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...but i think my dreams are nothing new but original design of the game.
    If you knew how the game was designed at start, you would not play today .

  4. #14
    Elite Haruto Rat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Avatar
    Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Posts
    3,246
    Images
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by KakLo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    • No dabble fee for trading – no fee for orders. Fee payable only by seller.
    This is the only sane idea in this list. There's no real reason for that additional fee to exist, and more orders would mean more people actually playing instead of waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteknut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No fee for orders would lead to auction being filled with stupid undercut price orders. I think if you cant afford to place an order you cant afford the item anyways
    Spamming is hardly a concern because you'd still need to reserve PEDs for the order. And those undercut orders work only when there's no higher order, hence if anything there are too few orders.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

  5. #15
    Provider
    Joined
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Avatar
    RyaN RyRy KirK
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    151
    Images
    6
    Alot of people are playing this game on limited time. Some don't have the luxury of spending hours upon hours crafting, trading, or simply searching the AH for what's needed. We want to deposit some PEDs and do what we like to do with as few disruptions and obstacles as possible. It's much easier to deposit money, repair items, buy ammo, probes, etc. and continue playing the game than it is staying on the AH looking for everything you need while determining a good price for all the components. Not to mention that armor, weapons, finders, attachments, etc. would all likely need different components for repair just like the current crafting and tiering requirements.

    Allowing the player base to create the world we participate in would likely end up as a clusterf**k of a universe. Could you imagine someone gaining the deeds to build stuff then abandoning it like NI?

    Imagine the cost to play if you could only buy pre-filled L items. For example, I currently use the zero-six which has a TT of 224. You can use it a total of 12374 times. Total ammo cost to use the entire gun is 2500+. If you want a full TT gun, it would cost 3000 PEDs. I use a dante amp which has 4826 uses. So this would need to be repaired 2.5 times to use the entire gun. Instead of simply going to the repair terminal or using a portable repair unit (like I do), you would need to buy all the components on the AH to repair the amp,or hope you've looted them. That's alot of time and PEDs to tie up. It would virtually be the end the L market. And lastly, have you ever used an unlimited melee weapon? This is where the portable repair unit is invaluable. Requiring components to repair melee would disrupt alot of melee users.

    While your wish list may have good intentions, I feel that if most of these suggestions were implemented, you would see a very rapid decline in players and an inevitable bankruptcy of MA.

  6. #16
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Mag Ogg
    Society
    GSA HQ
    Posts
    790
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by KakLo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish for a wish list.

    • Improved crafting – everything crafted is different level and different items components. Components are crafted only by looted materials BUT final product is build in some sort of refiner from crafted or looted components, FRAGMENTS, item parts and crafted ammo/probes.
    • No more complete items and ammo in loot. Only materials and special/rare components. New players must the have possibility to break even by selling fragments and fruits, stones, dung.
    • No more UL items in loot or in crafts – repair of UL items must need at least fragments and/or raw materials. No repair by PEDs.
    i agree with this, the problem is it is to late to change that...
    too much ppl invested in ul stuff and good blueprints...you can't take this away from them..
    i thought about how to change this often...i just can't find a realistic way to remove unl items without f***ing big investors..

  7. #17
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,206
    Images
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Mag View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i agree with this, the problem is it is to late to change that...
    too much ppl invested in ul stuff and good blueprints...you can't take this away from them..
    i thought about how to change this often...i just can't find a realistic way to remove unl items without f***ing big investors..
    UL is the only hope in that game. We all wish to loot some nice UL. So removing that would kill the game.

    I played PE, without have any L Items. i also remember that a lot ppl left the game, if L was implemented.

  8. #18
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Mag Ogg
    Society
    GSA HQ
    Posts
    790
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UL is the only hope in that game. We all wish to loot some nice UL. So removing that would kill the game.

    I played PE, without have any L Items. i also remember that a lot ppl left the game, if L was implemented.
    yeah, that is one other point that i said it is too late to make it like this..

    if, from beginning, there would have been the L option it would be different...

    the problem is, all big hunters have ul..and the rest use looted L items...
    looted ressources is 90% just used to gamble...
    it should be used to craft items to sell to use...this is only the case for mining stuff (like amps) and perhaps some healing tools...(atm, it was different)

    if someones only profession hunting and he got his dream unl weapon and his uber armor he will never be on the buyer side of the economy again...(i know this is just a simplification but i hope you get what i mean)

  9. #19
    Old
    Joined
    May 2012
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    n00bs Corner
    Avatar
    Kaka kLara Lost
    Posts
    60
    Images
    3
    Thanks for your attention and comments.
    For some of the points, apparently my ideas are completely wrong. Maybe because I play just a little part of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteknut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More components > higher cost to play
    I think this is true for curent system with chain-use of components. For example:
    (10TT component1 + 20TT materials) -> 90% 30TT -> crafted to 27TT final item.
    I have in mind:
    10TT component1 + (90% 20TT materials -> crafted in 18TT component2) + Nfragments -> refined to 28TT final item

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteknut View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would lead higher cost to play which would lead to less players playing. New players already have plenty of opportunities to break even.
    If you talk about oil rig, mission tokens, fap service, trading ... I think they need some time to be discovered and the new player can leave before that.
    If new hunter can sell fragments to break even, he may stay long enough to be hooked in to the game.
    I focused on fragments because they don't cost TT for MA, the price can be controlled easily and they required activity to be gathered (this prevents "alt avatar" issues).

    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBlack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry mate but I only use low level (well they're low level now) UL items this would end my gaming in EU as instead of playing I'd have to spend more time on the auction and as non Calypso auctions would have few if any of these types of resources it could kill them off.
    What if you can make FREE order for a full TT L item? Maybe this will facilitate obtaining equivalent of UL (by the way I don't know why we can't make orders for L items. If it's explained somewhere, I missed it).

    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBlack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with the adventure quests but any solution would quickly get posted and it would end up being something to tick off a list rather than engaging the players. For instance 'The Thing' runs along these lines, the solution got posted and people just followed it and quickly completed the mission with little or no thought, we even had people guiding others giving them the solution to each problem.
    I'm talking about the following sample scenario:
    One quest is announced for all the EU or planet. Only 1 player can find the first clue. He can follow it or sell. Only owner of the first clue can find or pick up the second. If the player can't find the second clue for a month, he can lose it at random time (logged in or not) and it pop up in a crowded area, so next lucky player grab it and follow. Here can be implemented exploration, some low level hunting, mining or crafting recipe discovering. At the final -> unique reward.
    There was player with very popular "Find my ticket" events, so this must be in the possibilities of MA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Mag View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if someones only profession hunting and he got his dream unl weapon and his uber armor he will never be on the buyer side of the economy again...(i know this is just a simplification but i hope you get what i mean)
    Exactly!

  10. #20
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,556
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by KakLo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if you can make FREE order for a full TT L item? Maybe this will facilitate obtaining equivalent of UL (by the way I don't know why we can't make orders for L items. If it's explained somewhere, I missed it).
    1. It canīt be free, you need to reserve at least the purchase price.

    2. If you canīt afford 5 PED fee for an order, you very likely canīt afford that 250 PED full TT item.

    3. Why no orders for L items? Because you would get a lot of burned out L items, paying markup for something you can only drop to TT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook