Question: What armor set would you use for Atrax Stalkers?

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Hey there.

I saw that there is an atrax stalker event going on that I might be interested in participating in, but I noticed they will hit quite hard on my Liakon + 5B armor combo. That being said, I began to wonder what would be a good armor to use here that wouldn't cost an arm and leg to use for hunting these armor destroyers.

Current set up:
(main) Ranked Scorpion tier 7.2 + a104
(tagger) Improved FF ARR8k tier 4.1 + a104
Liakon + 5B
Gyro fap 35 (L)

I saw that perseus would protect pretty well against these but I'm not sure if it would be worth wasting perseus on atrax stalkers.. Just curious to hear what you guys would do in my situation. Maybe not participate at all?

-Hyp

I would use Boar uL + 5b because that is what I already have, and it works :D

Who needs armor? :laugh: But Angel/5b or 8A SGA would work nicely.

A good fap with ok armor is fine, they dont hit very often.

A good fap with ok armor is fine, they dont hit very often.

I might just do that, or get some healer for decay to heal me while I dps them down..

Using it in event, that mean you are going to fight more than one at a time.
So you need at least an Angel or similar with 5B plates to be sure you will survive.
That I use for Atrox's and making 'em "butter for my bread" :laugh: (without a healer!)

For sparse spawn even a Viceroy/Gremlin, with 5B plates is enough if you have decent evade skills and a good healer (ofc Liakon is quiet well in this also). But that isn't a recommended setup for an LA that breeding Atrax's!

Last edited:
Chronicle L is way cheaper than perseus but might be harder to get hold of.

The only thing you need for stalkers is DPS ;)

And get rid of that a104, blah, what an ugly amp on that Ranked Scorp :F

Vain works like a charm on them :wtg:

As previous people suggested, you really want to focus on dps.
When I hunt them with angel/shadow + 5b and just tagger + club (65dps) I'm fucked.

Indeed it's weird how you can afford improved and ranked weaponry, but not the amps that come with it.

Still for a stalker you'll need to do as much damage as you could possibly can before it reaches you.
You lack an " in between" weapon.
My advise:

Tag with the improved tagger (one shot)

Buy an inbetween weapon. if you lack ped to get UL sib, get a gravis rifle. the gbr-34 is essentially a starkhov as-129 and it almost fits a dante. (still improves eco to 2.9). And the advantage is that it is dirt cheap. If you lack blp skills.. the GLR-36/A106 combo is also nice as an inbetween weapon. The eco is not that important or the HA, because you'll do the bulk of the damage with the ranked scorpion anyway. But every fast reload ranged hit is one, that will make the atrax chew off less of your armor.

Finish with ranked scorpion and get a bigger amp for it. It really makes a difference with such a high reload weapon.

Indeed it's weird how you can afford improved and ranked weaponry, but not the amps that come with it.

Still for a stalker you'll need to do as much damage as you could possibly can before it reaches you.
You lack an " in between" weapon.
My advise:

Tag with the improved tagger (one shot)

Buy an inbetween weapon. if you lack ped to get UL sib, get a gravis rifle. the gbr-34 is essentially a starkhov as-129 and it almost fits a dante. (still improves eco to 2.9). And the advantage is that it is dirt cheap. If you lack blp skills.. the GLR-36/A106 combo is also nice as an inbetween weapon. The eco is not that important or the HA, because you'll do the bulk of the damage with the ranked scorpion anyway. But every fast reload ranged hit is one, that will make the atrax chew off less of your armor.

Finish with ranked scorpion and get a bigger amp for it. It really makes a difference with such a high reload weapon.

Are you recommending the Gravis series (I don't have PED to spend for another UL weapon :p ) due to the high reload speed in comparison to the IARR8k? If not, then why shouldn't I just use my IARR8k until it gets into ranked scorpion range (which is typically how I hunt nowadays). My BLP skills are as high as my LWT skills so it's not an issue there.. I'll take a look into this series. Just to clear up my choice of the a104 on the ranked scorpion.... I used to be all BLP until I sold my enigma L2 + dante to free up PED to buy the ranked scorpion. I had 3 a104s sitting in storage from my noobie days where I was still using LWT. Since I pretty much spent all I had to upgrade, I decided to just use the a104 for the time being until I was able to upgrade. Long story short, I got used to the a104 and didn't mind the slightly less DPS because they were cheap for me to use, and I already owned them. I buy hotfoots for big events (read WoF/Mayhems) but for daily grind hunting I stick to these. I've been eyeing some adjusted a105s, but I don't think I will be biting the bullet anytime soon to buy the a204 amps. I still plan on buying a melee amp for my castorian combat mace mk II first before I upgrade from my a104, which might be a silly thing to do but I want to make my melee weapon a bit more efficient.

edit: nvm, I compared the DPS between the two and the gravis has higher DPS than the IARR8K

Back