Postponed Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Release postponed[/h]MindArk have previously announced an update to Entropia Universe to be released today, October 7, 2014.

Due to some additional work being done on quality assurance in the Entropia Universe platform this release have now been postponed one week.

To all of you who have been waiting for this release we thank you for your patience.

/The MindArk development team.

Originally Posted Here

well at least it might not be 100 bugs in it...might be 99 :) ty for the info :D

Since VU 10.0 was released on August 18, 2009, that means we will beat the 5 year, 2 month mark for returning all the old systems back lol! Will this be just in time for a new graphics engine release so we can start over???

Since VU 10.0 was released on August 18, 2009, that means we will beat the 5 year, 2 month mark for returning all the old systems back lol! Will this be just in time for a new graphics engine release so we can start over???

Back, we can hope.
But like it was, I doubt.

Taming will be modified the same way the focus chip have been replaced by another chip.

Anyway, better something than nothing....
(and without bugs, could be cool too).

99 little bugs in the code,
fix one bug, compile it again,
101 little bugs in the code.
101 little bugs in the code.....

lmao

hijacker!!! they are trying to prevent that

lmao

hijacker!!! they are trying to prevent that

I think they should try harder ;)

How about the ambition : "zero incidents with customer impact" , sounds great for management doesn't it :)

fix one bug, compile it again,
101 little bugs in the code.
101 little bugs in the code.....

Thats how it is. Not specific to EU though.

I suspect its Planet Cyrene who is delaying the update... but thats a total guess

Nice to see news about the postponement because I like communication!

Thanks bertha bot ;-)

Have to say it, but Typical mindark ;)
But thanks for letting us know.

I dont understand why people thank Bertha Bot.. its not a person.. its an automated news fetcher.

:scratch2:

I dont understand why people thank Bertha Bot.. its not a person.. its an automated news fetcher.

:scratch2:

Soon you will claim that santa doesnt exist aswell :OoOoOoOoo :tongue2:

I suspect its Planet Cyrene who is delaying the update... but thats a total guess

Yes, when I read the preview of the next VU for Cyrene with the new systems and all I was guessing the same thing here. It's great to see that the planet will be going into a Hard Launch. Be interesting to see how all this will work out and if they did bring in all working systems to support this planet yet.

What's more I think this was a great quote:

As of this VU we have already started to market domestically here in Thailand running TV commercials and have been getting some traction from them.

This current VU that is coming out is precursor to our Hard Launch, and that means we'll be showing off new areas and where / what changes can happen based off player progression as well as working with MindArk to ramp up our marketing for Planet Cyrene.

Our expected roll out for Hard Launch will be Q4 of 2014 where we'll be preparing the following:

- Factions (starting with A.R.C. faction story missions and rewards)
- PvP Mech Battles
- Shops and Apartments
- A marketing plan that will be co-developed with MindArk's experienced marketing manager.

I hope this clears up out marketing and future plans for Planet Cyrene until the year's end.

Cheers,
Kris

Last edited:

It would be terrible business and projectmanagement if one planet could delay the progress of all. This would mean that if a planet has an edge on others, all it must do is delay updates to avoid others from catching up. Also, it would put too much power with the PP, which should belong with MA.

No, my guess is that it is a platform thing they need to fix.

It would be terrible business and projectmanagement if one planet could delay the progress of all. This would mean that if a planet has an edge on others, all it must do is delay updates to avoid others from catching up. Also, it would put too much power with the PP, which should belong with MA.

No, my guess is that it is a platform thing they need to fix.

Very true if it was the planets themselves doing the hard coding and not having to request it from Mindark.

Very true if it was the planets themselves doing the hard coding and not having to request it from Mindark.

Even then, if VUs are dependant on all PP being "ready"-theoretically- make very strange requests, just to delay the next update.

Taken from someones quote

- A marketing plan that will be co-developed with MindArk's experienced marketing manager.

God i hope not, please please please do your own marketing!

Rgds

Ace

If the PP has to provide content for a system to make it compatible then holding to until they're ready may be the only option.

We've already had one case where an item being used on another planet can cause CTD's.

Back