Relocation, Cyrene's hard launch

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Seems like Cyrene is deleting their whole planet, and creating a smaller sized new one.
Looks like a similar move that Neverdie recently did, downsizing the server operations. Cyrene does it another way by adding pvp mech battles, introducing a new mammal hybird species that can also be tamed And ice golems. I'm looking forward to this new world, although abandoning the old world means losing yet another familiar place. The creators of Cyrene promise that in the future some areas may be unlocked again.
I sure hope you can still finish the iron missions that lead to the Unlimited Sib weaponry.
There will also be a new "beetle" armor available for tokens and some new weapons.

Good luck Cyrene with the Hard launch!

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/plane...-preview.6630/

Last edited:
Do you have any links for this? The cyreneforum.com site is giving me an error on everything.

I got the info from google alerts on my phone. Yeah cyreneforum is down.. when it's back up again I will add original links ( I suppose bertha might pick it up too)

Sounds ominous. :eyecrazy:

Well, you would think that these planet companies would have learned by now

• Its not JUST about amazing graphics
  • Only a few people actually care about story line
  • Putting nice stuff in loot only temporarily attracts hunters, then they leave

Its about the economy, about opportunity, and about game play. If hunters/miners/crafters cant sell their loot on the planet then your planet is fucked because those players are unable to turnover peds, which means they cant play the damn game. The whole game is based on ped turnover.

Give the players the tools they need to build the economy... the rest will follow.

Oh yea.. also dont forget to ADVERTISE!!!

Last edited:
I have said it before, i can only say it AGAIN. A new planet has to have a working economy, otherwise it will fail.

That includes unique ores/enmatters/tools/weapons, for that planet from the start.

Including all Blueprints, for all components and healing tools and weapons and mining tools etc

Rocktropia failed to do this, next island really failed to, cyrene didnt, arkadia struggled to at the beginning, .

If a new planet doesnt do this, people will go for a week or two at the beginning for novelty sake, then leave. A fully working economy is the ONLY way to make a successfull planet in this universe.

NO doubt though we will continue to see companies releasing unfinished planets and they too will fail.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: arrrggghhhh this really rattles my cage, i really want EU to expand and continue to be successful. But having partners that ask, where does calypso make most of its cash...MA - hunting. Cool, lets make all the mobs and then launch............FAIL!

I have said it before, i can only say it AGAIN. A new planet has to have a working economy, otherwise it will fail.

That includes unique ores/enmatters/tools/weapons, for that planet from the start.

Including all Blueprints, for all components and healing tools and weapons and mining tools etc

Rocktropia failed to do this, next island really failed to, cyrene didnt, arkadia struggled to at the beginning, .

If a new planet doesnt do this, people will go for a week or two at the beginning for novelty sake, then leave. A fully working economy is the ONLY way to make a successfull planet in this universe.

NO doubt though we will continue to see companies releasing unfinished planets and they too will fail.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: arrrggghhhh this really rattles my cage, i really want EU to expand and continue to be successful. But having partners that ask, where does calypso make most of its cash...MA - hunting. Cool, lets make all the mobs and then launch............FAIL!

It is kind of impossibile to have working economy if you dont launch. Even if you have the perfect planet I don't think the economy will get going on day 1. It will still take years to get new players (small hunters adn sweaters) and wait for them to evolve into big hunters, amp miners and crafters and start using all systems of the game like space, shops, makeup, taming. So evolving the planet with them may be the better aproach. And not everyone cares about economy. Some are here for the fun not caring that will spent 2 $ today to play with friends. More important is the game to be fun and adicitve making you comeback every day and enjoy your time no mather if you sweat, chat or hunt proterons.

MA should address this issue ASAP IMO. Fix some kind of global AU that works across the planets.
Add another dimension to space so all mother ship/ space ship owner won’t get completely fucked.

thats my 2 pec ...

And keep it up planetpartners ;)

It is kind of impossibile to have working economy if you dont launch. Even if you have the perfect planet I don't think the economy will get going on day 1. It will still take years to get new players (small hunters adn sweaters) and wait for them to evolve into big hunters, amp miners and crafters and start using all systems of the game like space, shops, makeup, taming. So evolving the planet with them may be the better aproach. And not everyone cares about economy. Some are here for the fun not caring that will spent 2 $ today to play with friends. More important is the game to be fun and adicitve making you comeback every day and enjoy your time no mather if you sweat, chat or hunt proterons.

I miss spoke my apologies. Of course you cannot have a "working" economy with no players.

I mean have it ready for the working economy

Rgds

Ace

Well, you would think that these planet companies would have learned by now

• Its not JUST about amazing graphics
  • Only a few people actually care about story line
  • Putting nice stuff in loot only temporarily attracts hunters, then they leave

Its about the economy, about opportunity, and about game play. If hunters/miners/crafters cant sell their loot on the planet then your planet is fucked because those players are unable to turnover peds, which means they cant play the damn game. The whole game is based on ped turnover.

Give the players the tools they need to build the economy... the rest will follow.

Oh yea.. also dont forget to ADVERTISE!!!

global auction... then it wouldnt matter where ppl liked to do their activities.. which would also give PPs a chance to rise

HardWrath and Ace are making some useful comments here.
Success of a planet = working economy
any BP's and items needed for the economy to work should be available from the first days.

As an example I know on RT there are BP's that didn't dropped yet!!!! after all this time since launched!

I agree with tyk. A temporary solution seem to be Global Auctions (maybe with a small additional fee).

"The other areas will be reopened in the future as part of the player driven upgrade system." - from Cyrene forum post

Seems they havent actually abandoned the server areas just made a strategic desicion to grow the planet with the player base size progression instead of maintaining servers no one uses. Im not a Cyrene guy myself, its not my cup of tea, but i think they took the right decision in shrinking the planet for there launch.

Entropia certainly is a game that benefits from large scale worlds if done right, but i think PP's should start with one server area and get that area/the economy in full working order before moving on to adding more of them.

Best regards
Zweshi

I miss spoke my apologies. Of course you cannot have a "working" economy with no players.

I mean have it ready for the working economy

Rgds

Ace

Well the blueprints are there already, it's mainly shops and hard launch that is missing.
Ofc some of the blueprints could be updated so the items are more on par with the rest of the universe.

It's only a matter of time.

The business model of MA creates a niche game. Very few are going to 'play.' The only thing planet partners are going to do is compete against other planet partners for the same decay generators. Growth is too slow to build a planet from the ground up.

The real thing is MA gets their cut regardless of where a player spends their time. So MA doesn't care if there is 100,000 players on 1 planet or 100,000 players on 10 planets. So MA will be the last to go financially. You'll see planet partners drop first and my guess is Calyspso will be the last one standing.

Misleading

I also feel it's misleading to say they've deleted their planet, when quite clearly they have simply closed it off for now.

I like that they have a story line for it, and I like that they will allow player actions and preusmably interest to drive which areas re-open first.

And there's nothing necessarily wrong with consolidating down to rebuild community and focus on core things while that's happening.

Curious to see how this develops.

Well the blueprints are there already, it's mainly shops and hard launch that is missing.
Ofc some of the blueprints could be updated so the items are more on par with the rest of the universe.

They should definitely update then! :)

Rgds

Ace

I also feel it's misleading to say they've deleted their planet, when quite clearly they have simply closed it off for now.

I like that they have a story line for it, and I like that they will allow player actions and preusmably interest to drive which areas re-open first.

And there's nothing necessarily wrong with consolidating down to rebuild community and focus on core things while that's happening.

Curious to see how this develops.

Yes it's misleading. Problem is I only got to read the information once for a few seconds. then it was gone for hours (forum server down). I can edit it out later. Although it remains to be seen that the old parts will be reopened. I suspect if they grow, that they will bring out an enhanced version of a part of the old world back. Finetuned etc.

As far as I remember from the coverage of Cyrene from Mindstar and that other forum for all planets, that was their plan all along.

Have factions that would each have their different goals, and according to their goals new areas and new storylines would unlock. Its the first time a planet partner tries from day one not to just be a 'decay generator', but actually bring new players that would be interested in storyline. And as Hardwrath put it, most of the current playerbase doesn't.

Advertising would also start with the hard launch, and things should be looking up for Cyrene. If nothing else, it's the first time a planet partner actually tried to bring something different based on the EU platform. I for one hope it succeeds.

Planet Cyrene is consistent in its development, and its management appears to be honest and competent. Things are not all rosy and success is not guaranteed for sure, but I agree with Manny:

If nothing else, it's the first time a planet partner actually tried to bring something different based on the EU platform. I for one hope it succeeds.

I had high hope for Cyrene and thought they had some resources backing them up, but something happen before the launch of the planet and it looked like the company pretty much pulled the plug on the project and put it on a starvation diet.

I think new planets must start off more "compact", have a limited type of resources but have well develop collection of blueprints and hardware that can be made of from them. Better to start of a bit small but have a small economy working right away than have a lot of resources that can't be used to anything or too many different kinds that makes it hard do accumulate big enough stacks. After they have a small economy going they can step by step add more to it.

Back