Question: What is a cost efficient way to skill evader?

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
I have BLP damage level 14 and hit level 18, but only level 4 evader. I guess I just kill the mobs before they get to me, so I don't get many skill ups, but of course, if the mob DOES hit me, I take decay of armor and/or fap. I'm afraid this will hurt me when I hunt higher game. What can I do to let my evader skill progress?

I have BLP damage level 14 and hit level 18, but only level 4 evader. I guess I just kill the mobs before they get to me, so I don't get many skill ups, but of course, if the mob DOES hit me, I take decay of armor and/or fap. I'm afraid this will hurt me when I hunt higher game. What can I do to let my evader skill progress?

Use melee weapons for a bit and ALWAYS choose mission rewards that contribute to the evader profession. I would argue that the evader profession is the most important profession in the game if you are a hunter.

Use melee weapons for a bit and ALWAYS choose mission rewards that contribute to the evader profession. I would argue that the evader profession is the most important profession in the game if you are a hunter.

Agreed,

for mission rewards i decide in this order: Defense skill > HP skill > Para skill > Weapon skill

Its also worth mentioning that gathering defensive skills is way harder then getting weapon skill so for there to be a void in level between them is nothing unusual.

Cheers!
Zweshi

Hunt mobs that have iron mission with reward that contribute to evader:
- start with Argonaut, Atrax and Longu (for Combat Reflex)
- later you can add Feffoid and Allophyl or Estophyl (for Athletics)
- then Atrox (for Evade)

Even later You can think of Ambulimax (30k mission gives Courage), Eviscators (Combat Reflex), Aurli (Athletics)
Note that Combat Reflex, Athletics and Courage adds to HP also.

Check my grinding mission table for skills You are looking for (in my signature).

Remember also that rule of thumb says that if you want to hunt cost efficiently you should hunt mobs with level equal or below your Evader level.

If you are going to chip in anything, evade should be your first choice. The reduction in hit frequency is worth the price.

Go do the merp missions. They are very agro and swarm u but low damage per hit, so ur chance of getting evade skill is elevated. Hunt naked so u take no armour decay. Fap or not (and die).

skill evader? Just get hit a lot, duh :laugh:;):confused:

Seriously though, go melee on high aggro stuff... and pick mobs you can kill w/o armor if possible. Higher fapper if needed, (or use the "right" armor and plates for mob in question)

Stay away from mobs that give dodge instead of evade...

Last edited:
For low level evader use a skildeck to gather a swarm of carabok and then pick them off one by one. Skills evade and contributes to mission.

1. Pick up a book by Dostoevsky
2. Find a camp close to a mob spawn, there is one where Argos spawn pretty much at the revival terminal.
3. Die
4. Hold down S-key
5. Start reading
6. Let go off the S key once you finished the book. Repeat if necessary...

If you need evade fast for whatever reason you need to buy. Its probably cheaper than spending years hunting as well.

Buy when you can afford it, evade is as said very important and imo never a waste to "invest" in.

Any Kind of Melee, preferably nekkid and just accept dying a lot. One of my soc mates, wanted to skill Biotropic - he bought (UL) regen chip and stood in a crowd of argos for about a week , just constantly healing. I bet that would pull up your evade

Any Kind of Melee, preferably nekkid and just accept dying a lot. One of my soc mates, wanted to skill Biotropic - he bought (UL) regen chip and stood in a crowd of argos for about a week , just constantly healing. I bet that would pull up your evade

He didn't happen to keep track of his skill gains and the decay of the chip?

He didn't happen to keep track of his skill gains and the decay of the chip?

i do not honestly know he, i will ask him if he is on later - I think he did it so he could open ethereal soul language

Thanks for some really good ideas, I have a feeling it wouldn't be very efficient to waste ped getting hit on purpose, but that's just personal opinion. I like the idea of doing the missions, I'm at ~3700/5000 on Argonauts at the moment, can't wait to see how much the 14.38 ped combat reflexes reward increases my evader skill (currently 4.96). Anyone know if there is a calculator that could tell me?

Thanks again!

Thanks for some really good ideas, I have a feeling it wouldn't be very efficient to waste ped getting hit on purpose, but that's just personal opinion. I like the idea of doing the missions, I'm at ~3700/5000 on Argonauts at the moment, can't wait to see how much the 14.38 ped combat reflexes reward increases my evader skill (currently 4.96). Anyone know if there is a calculator that could tell me?

Thanks again!

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

This site will let you calculate any and all skills :yay:

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

This site will let you calculate any and all skills :yay:

Thanks, Rave! I'm seeing that I can see what level my combat reflexes will be significantly higher once I get the quest reward. Is there anyway to turn that difference (from 770 to 2380) into the change in Evader level? (Currently 4.96).

Thanks, Rave! I'm seeing that I can see what level my combat reflexes will be significantly higher once I get the quest reward. Is there anyway to turn that difference (from 770 to 2380) into the change in Evader level? (Currently 4.96).

Yeah, just add the future skill points into the profession calculator. So, when checking your evader level: select Evader from the drop down, input your current skills, and instead of 770, put 2380 for the CR amount.

Keep in mind your overall profession level may even be a tad bit higher since you'll still be naturally gaining skills until then.

if most efficient means "less loss of ped" then go to rocktropia with a bukin's blade and kill vixens at club neverdie. you would be naked so no loss of ped when hit and high markup will make you break even or profit slightly. you can get a long way with a fully repaired bukin's blade (30 ped)

where did you get that nonsense? mobs stop giving evade skills after 2-3 minutes, so unless he was running back and forth between turret and spawn, his evade skill gains would be very small.

I actually prefer skills giving both hp/evade before pure evade skills in missions, because it is hardest to gain courage/athletics/combat reflexes.

unfortunately many good mobs have either disappeared or been nerfed, the tantillions (Darkfire unlocked commando solely by hunting them with longsword) are no longer an option, aurlis are a bunch of prots nowadays (ok aurlis were not a cost effective way of skilling evade, but the double hits and incredible agro was epic, good ol memories :) ) and both argonauts and drones were good skilling mobs. Last 2 were very good cause of good MU loot. I would go with the earlier posts regarding mob choice.

buy from auction would likely be cheapest and fastest method for skilling evade, its MU has dropped so low the past year.

Not sure how long ago he did this, but isn't there a diminishing returns mechanic now that stops this?

I think if you die, you can get evade all over again. Looks like a loophole for autorunning bots..

Idk - I just thought about it yesterday while I was cruising the area

There is a revival terminal south of Fort Isis with no turret by it and a bunch of L65 Caperon Stalkers with high aggro (as well as other mobs).

I believe one can only gain so much evade from a mob - might be able to round up so many that they could "forget".

Might test it tomorrow. Also, I thought there could be an issue that one could get stuck...

It's worth a try. I'll give it a go tonight. Anyone tried if the counter resets when you die?

Back