Armour Average Percentage Hits per Piece

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I am sure I remember reading on PCF a thread that gave the average percentage break down of Hits on each piece of armour. Does anyone know where this thread is. Or does someone know the answer. Presumably the breast plate would take the largest percentage of damage on each hit, or is this wrong and the damage hits on random pieces

I recall back quite some years - before footguards - someone had a theory that the damage went something like:
30% harness, 20% each for arms/thighs, 10% each for face, gloves, shins.

Another theory that went around was that certain mobs regularly did more damage on a particular armor piece - molisk on gloves for eg.

But so far as I've ever observed, it's actually just random.

It's not random, definitly harness take most hits then arm/thigh, shin with glove/foot/helm taking smaller hits.

Don't know exact distribution but it's easy to test. Put some L armour on and hunt a mob that always does max dam on your armour (eg. if u test for just impact with an armour protecting 10 points then an ambu will always do at least 10 imp). After the hunt you'll see the distribution, longer u do it the more accurate you'll be.

ty for the responses - as i am doin a few grinding mission chains atm i might try and log some data on this.

I kept track of some decay for a short time back then and didn't notice any significant patterns, but then I wouldn't have been hunting a mob that always does max decay, so that might have made some difference.

Just looking at the relative TT of different armor pieces, I can see where the 30/20/10 bit might have come from:

For example, with Angel, the TT is:
Harness 99ped (33%)
Arms/Thighs 66ped (22%)
Helmet/Gloves/Shins 33ped (11%)
Foots are 33ped too.

OTOH, Adjusted Pixie has quite a different proportional TT distribution:
Harness 5.8ped (24%)
Arms/Thighs 4.2ped (17%)
Helmet 2.9ped (12%)/Gloves 3.8ped (16%)/Shins 3.9ped (16%)/Foots 3.8ped (16%)

So moondog, when analysing your data, it might be worth checking for any correlation to the proportional TT distribution of the armor you use just in case not all armors are damaged the same.
Just a possibility :)

I'll be interested to see the results.

This puzzles me every time I hit the rep. I always end up with different results. There must be some kind of randomness in work, but I would love to see some extended testing on it.

:cool:

1/3 of the time your harness will be hit, 1/3 of the time your arms or thighs will be hit, 1/3 of the time one of the other four pieces will be hit.

Within those 1/3 divisions each part is hit equally often.

As with everything in EU this is subject to short-term variation but in the longer term it works out something like that (or did when I last tested it, which was admittedly quite a few years ago but I haven't seen any reason to believe it has changed since).

Back