FYI: Current mining loot pool status - TERRIBLE

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Right now there seems to be no loot in the ground for miners. So what can we extract from this ...

Miners are stupid... If you are mining right now for the sake of hofs / globals you are not going to get any. This game runs off of a real economy, if miners produce more minerals then what is being consumed there are no peds available to cycle back into the ground.

Depositing $$$ will help this in the short term, seeing that there is no personal loot pool this is a problem as everyone has access to the mining areas that you are "seeding" with misses.

I urge caution mining in these tough economic times...

While i totally agree that the current mining system is terrible, especially for newer players. I mean one tt+ run in 20 runs isn't too much to expect is it?

I can't help but wonder how this could possible affect you with all your timers and waves and theories :dunce:

well.....I kinda stop playing the game when "imp loot" 2-3 yrs ago came that affected mining too, no point to mine, use amps or big finders, dont know how this imp loot fixed the loot, but its crap, every day u can count ubers that are above 1k just with 1 hand, why should I do run of 2-3-4k ped on Caly with lvl 5,7,8 or d-class, if u can get for months nothing above 200 or very rare 400, u cand drop 2k drops without single global amped 5,7,8 on planet! and I dont want to discuss the mu thing, u can have on average mu 120%+ if every run is at 60-70-80%, its bullshit, until I see some change in mining i`m just gonna do Daily mission bonus in mining. Mining no worth the RISK/Reward!

Mining was good before the "Imp Loot" was only need few adjustments to how those new noob ava go on FOMA/CND scoring 10-20-30-40-50k PED UNAMPED! or 10k PED on Planet WITH 1 PED... I woulda said 3-5k unamped was well enough for mining unamped same for hunting argonauts before... those 8-9-10k argos were crazy was just need a little adjusted too, not this bullshit, but I dont want to get into hunting too....

Mining no worth the RISK/Reward!

While i totally agree that the current mining system is terrible, especially for newer players. I mean one tt+ run in 20 runs isn't too much to expect is it?

I can't help but wonder how this could possible affect you with all your timers and waves and theories :dunce:

It's not the system that is terrible.... The fact is that there are no resources in the ground because there are no resources in the ground, its waiting to be sold on the auction ..... So either we have to loose some miners, deposit more money or wait for the crafters to buy whats on auction...

Simple. I think that the problem is education, most noobs only understand later what is actually going on, if they even stay in the game that long...

well.....I kinda stop playing the game when "imp loot" 2-3 yrs ago came that affected mining too, no point to mine, use amps or big finders, dont know how this imp loot fixed the loot, but its crap, every day u can count ubers that are above 1k just with 1 hand, why should I do run of 2-3-4k ped on Caly with lvl 5,7,8 or d-class, if u can get for months nothing above 200 or very rare 400, u cand drop 2k drops without single global amped 5,7,8 on planet! and I dont want to discuss the mu thing, u can have on average mu 120%+ if every run is at 60-70-80%, its bullshit, until I see some change in mining i`m just gonna do Daily mission bonus in mining. Mining no worth the RISK/Reward!

Mining was good before the "Imp Loot" was only need few adjustments to how those new noob ava go on FOMA/CND scoring 10-20-30-40-50k PED UNAMPED! or 10k PED on Planet WITH 1 PED... I woulda said 3-5k unamped was well enough for mining unamped same for hunting argonauts before... those 8-9-10k argos were crazy was just need a little adjusted too, not this bullshit, but I dont want to get into hunting too....

Mining no worth the RISK/Reward!

You have a point with regards to amps .... Using them are a BAD idea...

Allow me to explain, using one takes peds directly out of the loot pool and sends it to Mindark in the form of decay...

It's not the system that is terrible.... The fact is that there are no resources in the ground because there are no resources in the ground, its waiting to be sold on the auction ..... So either we have to loose some miners, deposit more money or wait for the crafters to buy whats on auction...

Simple. I think that the problem is education, most noobs only understand later what is actually going on, if they even stay in the game that long...

I believe it was stated there is no limit on resources. So even if someone is buying and stockpiling all the lyst it will always comes more from the ground.

I believe it was stated there is no limit on resources. So even if someone is buying and stockpiling all the lyst it will always comes more from the ground.

Well there maybe are no limits for resources such as lyst or oil but there certainly are limits to the amount of available resources such as pyrite (and many others).

a12d8109fc8226a.jpg

I just got a 2nd Mining Hof Last night ( 407 ped ) - I am a relatively unskilled Miner as normally hunter.

a12d8109fc8226a.jpg

I just got a 2nd Mining Hof Last night ( 407 ped ) - I am a relatively unskilled Miner as normally hunter.

Gratz to you mister!

Amped or no amp?

Gratz to you mister!

Amped or no amp?

Nice I got I think an 88 pedder last night to, but today it has been absolutely terrible.

Well there maybe are no limits for resources such as lyst or oil but there certainly are limits to the amount of available resources such as pyrite (and many others).

OK I will accept that, still that does not help dedicated miners..

I think I will test that right now ... Equipping rookie finders, heading to a "dead" area and seeing what I find.

Right now there seems to be no loot in the ground for miners. So what can we extract from this ...

Miners are stupid... If you are mining right now for the sake of hofs / globals you are not going to get any. This game runs off of a real economy, if miners produce more minerals then what is being consumed there are no peds available to cycle back into the ground.

Depositing $$$ will help this in the short term, seeing that there is no personal loot pool this is a problem as everyone has access to the mining areas that you are "seeding" with misses.

I urge caution mining in these tough economic times...

Call me stupid then. If one is mining for the sake of hofs/globals she or he is doing something pretty wrong. And i can assure you that everything is still "in the ground"... Not going into discussion if its really in the ground or generated as you drop the bomb...
I agree that economy is a bit slow atm related to auction sales but thats nothing special. Its going up and down all the time. So maybe do some crafting and stimulate the economy a bit? :yay:

last 4.5k ped unamped planetside gave me ~77% tt return...

first 3k cycled had ONE IX (thank god it was devils) and two VII...fun eh?

i could recover almost at break even point with mu but still very bad...

Last edited:
I remember pre VU 10, there was a lot more crafters in game, and most ppl only hunt, and just a few ppl was doing mining.
In this days i had times where i got most time a little profit or also a larger profit.

This let me think, that now a lot more ppl doing mining, but it don't have more resources to find as ever.
No miracle we all get less ores in claims.

What we need is more stuff to craft where crafter can make some profit, so they use a lot more resources. or miners also start to craft, and don't sell all stuff.

More craft = more claims to find!

last 4.5k ped unamped planetside gave me ~77% tt return...

first 3k cycled had ONE IX and two VII...fun eh?

i could recover almost at break even point with mu but still very bad...

Exactly the problem - no fun.

Much prefered the system back when you could go unamped and still expect to find a couple ample claims...

Very interesting results with the rookies, they work perfectly, 100% hitrate !!! Just what I was hoping for..

I think the key to my little problem may be the 105 that I am using... If rookies work, and they are a limited resource, what would happen if I used another limited finder ?

Exactly the problem - no fun.

Much prefered the system back when you could go unamped and still expect to find a couple ample claims...

i wouldn't mind so much (the absence of multipliers) if i still would get like 85-90 return..but it seems hitrate stayed the same they just removed the multipliers..

if i do crafting with 0,5ped/click bp i get more multipliers ( like 15 10+pedders in 4k clicks)..but the "hitrate" is way higher than in mining so i find it a little strange..(quantity)

Something seems terribly wrong, run last night i abandoned 120 drops into a non amped run (48 ped tt return).

Every run i have done has been low returns of late, 70-75% if lucky. Hit rate seems extremely low.

Could be a low phase but has put me off mining resources, cheaper to buy em :D.

Dibs

Very interesting results with the rookies, they work perfectly, 100% hitrate !!! Just what I was hoping for..

I think the key to my little problem may be the 105 that I am using... If rookies work, and they are a limited resource, what would happen if I used another limited finder ?

i used f-213(L) and terramaster 4(L) and i assure you i didn't get 100% HR :D

I did about 15+ runs at hell, the last 14 days. In average i got only the amp cost back, but lost all probs and decay.
Atm i be at ark and try underground, and it seems to be the same as hell. Most worse run was unamped with all 3 resources... got about 35% back at this unamped run. The last 2 amped runs was about 65% payback.

Someone have to pay for the costs MA have to give out to players who are liquidating their inventory.

And these are no small time players either :D

U just notice it alot better these days than in Pre vu 10 :)

Someone have to pay for the costs MA have to give out to players who are liquidating their inventory.

yeah, i heard about that too, but i don't get that kind of tt returns in crafting atm...

hm, may time to use only rocky finder and still wait of better times, or doing taming next week :)

i mined alot with lvl7 amps in one point.. cycling tons of peds per day.. (planet side).. the loot was terrible but i occasionally got those "payback" hofs.. then guess what happens if u take those paybacks away.. well i lost alot.. and i lost it quickly.. constant 60-80% returns without paybacks on sight.. i had to stop playing.. no point to feed the machine...

and someone mentioned that there aint enuf crafters to craft the materials.. so now we jump on the improved crafting loot.. with 32% success rate on quantity no wonder there aint no crafters? and mainly whats been gambled now is lvl2 amps and some animal oil components

well.....I kinda stop playing the game when "imp loot" 2-3 yrs ago came that affected mining too, no point to mine, use amps or big finders, dont know how this imp loot fixed the loot!

Mindark is reading and thinking: Hmm players cried that they want more stabile tt returns and less big hofs, ok we listened to them, then players started crying they they want more big hofs and less stabile tt returns.

I think it is approtiate to quote Bart Simpson here : "You are damned if you and damned if you don´t"

To OP: so mining sucks because noone is buying the ores? Think about the crafters they spend hundreds of thousands to craft lvl 2 amps and tt them the next moment. If you stop mining, then markup of ores will rise and it will lead to someone else mining instead of you.

Stop complaining, tt returns are about 90% and that has has been proved several times, the thing we cant get big hofs as easiliy as in the past, is due to number of players crying on forums in the past... Boohoo i had 60% tt return for three weeks and now week old noob got 95k tower booohooo...
So damn ppl in the past who complained? I agree, but then think you are just like those whining ppl in the past.

Whining can only bring bad things, excessive whining on foorum, will lead to ppl not wanting to deposit, which will lead to bad loot, which will lead to more whining.

So please shut up about the loot and deal with it.

I am not trying to be rude or asshole, i am just tired of ppl complaining. You cant satisfy everyone.

It does not look like limited items are effected by the "loot pool"

Correction, they are ..... Srooy

Last edited:
Mindark is reading and thinking: Hmm players cried that they want more stabile tt returns and less big hofs, ok we listened to them, then players started crying they they want more big hofs and less stabile tt returns.

I think it is approtiate to quote Bart Simpson here : "You are damned if you and damned if you don´t"

To OP: so mining sucks because noone is buying the ores? Think about the crafters they spend hundreds of thousands to craft lvl 2 amps and tt them the next moment. If you stop mining, then markup of ores will rise and it will lead to someone else mining instead of you.

Stop complaining, tt returns are about 90% and that has has been proved several times, the thing we cant get big hofs as easiliy as in the past, is due to number of players crying on forums in the past... Boohoo i had 60% tt return for three weeks and now week old noob got 95k tower booohooo...
So damn ppl in the past who complained? I agree, but then think you are just like those whining ppl in the past.

Whining can only bring bad things, excessive whining on foorum, will lead to ppl not wanting to deposit, which will lead to bad loot, which will lead to more whining.

So please shut up about the loot and deal with it.

I am not trying to be rude or asshole, i am just tired of ppl complaining. You cant satisfy everyone.

Hm, so we also should lie when we get bad loot and say in forum how nice it is to lost every run, and how funny the game is that way?

Telling facts is not whining! And i think a forum is here to discuse also bad and the good things.

When i readall the post here, I can see one fact, that it seems crafting is the problem. So why not discuse about such things? I think we all just wish to have more fun and that our poor money last a bit longer.
So we discouse to find ways. also when some ppl think that is whining.

When ppl would be happy, it would have much less such post!

It was true at the posting of this thread that mining was terrible, now its better, loads more globals ////

See whining / telling the truth works !!!

Last edited:
Back