FYI: Current mining loot pool status - TERRIBLE

90% is kind of low for a long term average unamped. 90% is OK for medium amps, unamped should be more like 95% or higher. Of course, if you waste probes mining you can can get much lower. Since August my miners have 96% overall return, which actually is lower than I like it to be. That's about 1000 runs.

Is this 96% back with MU or without MU. ??

I'm afraid I'll need to see your long term return results, as well as some representative LBML maps showing how you drop before I can take your analysis seriously.

I don`t use LBML maps cause thats bullshit, I know where the resources are...Amethera never changed resources..... but can tell u where I mined or what I mined, and my longterm results is when I saw me peds droping for 3 months, don`t worry if I would get that 90% result longterm I wouldn`t be here. I don`t need to write everything on paper. IF u mine all Amethera for stuff like Gazz, Duru, Belk, Narc, Niks, Cald, Cobalt, Ignisium, Erdorium and u get good ( Redulite, Maganite, Kanerium, Xeremite, Zanderium, Ruga) some less good stuff like Lyst, Copper, Azz, Cumbriz, Zinc, Blaus, this bad and good stuff are inevitable but there were not the majority mined.

HOW I drop? I pick what resources I want and carpet bomb the shit of that area looking at LAT and LON so I will not overlap and never rebomb.

Last edited:
Is this 96% back with MU or without MU. ??

Without MU.

I don`t use LBML maps cause thats bullshit, I know where the resources are...

That's not the most valuable feature of LBML. When you drop a probe, the finder searches outward until it finds a claim, then stops searching. The relevant feature of LBML corrects your low returns by making you avoid overlapping your drops and showing you where you can squeeze in extra drops in areas of dense claims. And since you've got a "consistent" 60% return, you are almost certainly mining with significant overlaps.... especially since you said you carpet bomb.

Without MU.

That's not the most valuable feature of LBML. When you drop a probe, the finder searches outward until it finds a claim, then stops searching. The relevant feature of LBML corrects your low returns by making you avoid overlapping your drops and showing you where you can squeeze in extra drops in areas of dense claims. And since you've got a "consistent" 60% return, you are almost certainly mining with significant overlaps.... especially since you said you carpet bomb.

since I always watch at that LOT, LAT thing on Radar... and mine to one direction E, W, N, or S... its not really so hard to count 110 meters .... so if I begin to mine East.. I watch and count the last 110m from last drop on Lon, overlap don`t exists, believe me. Is just my avatar is such on dry spell for so long time, my last trip on FOMA for example was 3k drops without a single global if I dont count the multiplier on amp!I mined with lvl5,7,d-class, lvl 10 or terra amp 6. I repeat again... on FOMA. -8.5k ped went away like that in 3 weeks, TY MA!

since I always watch at that LOT, LAT thing on Radar... and mine to one direction E, W, N, or S... its not really so hard to count 110 meters .... so if I begin to mine East.. I watch and count the last 110m from last drop on Lon, overlap don`t exists, believe me. Is just my avatar is such on dry spell for so long time, my last trip on FOMA for example was 3k drops without a single global if I dont count the multiplier on amp!I mined with lvl5,7,d-class, lvl 10 or terra amp 6. I repeat again... on FOMA. -8.5k ped went away like that in 3 weeks, TY MA!

Well, regardless of your technique, if you're talking about losing 8.5k ped on foma in three weeks with terra amp 6 or level 10 amps, that's normal. Don't grind that unless you have a very big ped card and losing doesn't bother you.

You would have lost on Caly too. Hit rates are down recently, even unamped.

Well, regardless of your technique, if you're talking about losing 8.5k ped on foma in three weeks with terra amp 6 or level 10 amps, that's normal. Don't grind that unless you have a very big ped card and losing doesn't bother you.

I only burned like 15 of them in one day.... no 3 weeks lol, what I wrote and what u understood there.... don`t think I had to recover everyday that mu on amps....

Look at the hof list last 3 days with 5 loots above 1k, this is a joke.... so big ubers, big hofs not happening on daily like before we still can lose hundreds of peds, and that 90% happening for bunch people maybe and for others the big majority is the middle finger. :dunce:. ok this is really my last post.... I said, what I had to say.

Awesome current hitrate % = 6 .....

5 people getting 90% return unamped while amps guys don`t want to continue to tell same story... when I attach that amp is like Im in another world.

Snable I would so much to take ur chalenge but with at least lvl5 amps on Caly... doing like at least 5 amps of lvl5... 10x of lvl7s or 10x lvl8s-dclass.... but I tried those and failed miserable for 3 months putting in the ground 10k ped I think I had my share and don`t want it again ! my usual runs were always 390 drops+ cause this what I had time for in the game. so Please can someone show me for next 3 months an amped Caly like I just said ? and post the results ?

CAUSE U GUYS ARE SO SURE FOR THAT 90%, U CAN`T LOSE, IS JUST WHAT U WERE KEEP SAYING. AND U GUYS CAN STOP DEPOSITING FOR EVER... EVERY HUNTER- CRAFTER JUST GO MINING AND PROFIT! EASY!

Sorry i havent read your post earlier (i was häving fun in real life).

Anyways you want to bet me that i cant achieve 90% TT return (not talking about amp markup or anything) with lvl5 amps?
To do around 10k drops i would need 100 level 5 amps (which is around 22 000 ped on amps (after markup) and 9900 ped of bombs) So it would cost me 31 900 peds to get back (20 000 (tt of 100lvl5s) + 9900) *90%=26910 peds...

You want me to prove that i am right by spending almost 32k peds just to make 10 ped profit (31900-26910 = 4990)?

Yes it Works also on amped mining, but i am not willing to give MA 4990 ped just get back 5k from you? As i am more into fast peds, i still think my offer of 10k peds spent on 5k ped bet, is better idea.

Maybe some of the current owners of unlimited lvl5 have some mining logs which show roughly 90% return.

I am quite certain that you used amp markup or something like this in your calculations. I am only claiming 10k peds tt spent give back roughly 9000peds tt.

So there are two chances, whether you give me time to raise 50k peds and then lets bet on 25k peds that i can get tt return quite close to 90% on 100 lvl5s. (i could live with winning 20k peds instead of 10peds :D) or you take my original bet.

Ahh here is link to STrash mining blog: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9232-Strash-Streams-Project-Unlimited-level-5

He has enough data, maybe give him 20k for being right?

Awesome current hitrate % = 6 .....

Let me guess, you don't keep a return log and only count hitrate % ? How miserable are you exactly?

I'm a little confused. Someone made the comment eariler that amp decay was going straight to Mindark. I know that's how it works in other systems, but shouldn't most of that decay be going into the mining loot pool? Maybe I just misread the comment that made it seem to me like someone thought most of the decay was Mindark's profit? I haven't seen much speculation about how amps work within the loot pool yet, so just curious.

I'm a little confused. Someone made the comment eariler that amp decay was going straight to Mindark. I know that's how it works in other systems, but shouldn't most of that decay be going into the mining loot pool? Maybe I just misread the comment that made it seem to me like someone thought most of the decay was Mindark's profit? I haven't seen much speculation about how amps work within the loot pool yet, so just curious.

Amp decay goes to same place where peds spent on Probes go.
There is no difference wether you spend 10ped on probes or 1 ped on probes and 9ped on amp, total loot is same in the long term (tt wise atleast)

Amp decay goes to same place where peds spent on Probes go.
There is no difference wether you spend 10ped on probes or 1 ped on probes and 9ped on amp, total loot is same in the long term (tt wise atleast)

That's what I thought. I just always assumed MA got its money from amps by however they profit on crafting, and the end result of the amp all goes into the mining loot pool.

F-in terrible.

Where is the justification of "constant and systematical" 2 hits in 17 with L13 amps ? I was bored and don't really use many amps but decided to see how bad things are from a richer players perspective.

The return with MU doesn't even reach 50% of the amps tt value. And that's doing a number of runs. Nothing evened out other than getting 2 hits in 17.

I feel sorry for those players who use nothing but the highest amps. They are getting screwed far more than even the worst runs in crafting which usually are bigger losses..

Terrible and unjustified Steal on MA's part.

F-in terrible.

Where is the justification of "constant and systematical" 2 hits in 17 with L13 amps ? I.

Not sure if this is troll or simply ignorant post.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

This thread starts to make me mad

F-in terrible.

Where is the justification of "constant and systematical" 2 hits in 17 with L13 amps ? I was bored and don't really use many amps but decided to see how bad things are from a richer players perspective.

The return with MU doesn't even reach 50% of the amps tt value. And that's doing a number of runs. Nothing evened out other than getting 2 hits in 17.

I feel sorry for those players who use nothing but the highest amps. They are getting screwed far more than even the worst runs in crafting which usually are bigger losses..

Terrible and unjustified Steal on MA's part.

Well first.. you didn't buy your amps from me so....

Two.. if you are getting 2 in 17 on foma.. that should be expected. If planetside.. well you might should test the ground unamped or with smaller amps first and drop a finder so that you don't overshoot resources. Amps just don't amplify sizes... it is a finder amplifier...

Well first.. you didn't buy your amps from me so....

Two.. if you are getting 2 in 17 on foma.. that should be expected. If planetside.. well you might should test the ground unamped or with smaller amps first and drop a finder so that you don't overshoot resources. Amps just don't amplify sizes... it is a finder amplifier...

On the first point, I didn't see yours on the auction so maybe higher mu, on to the other points. I'm not new to mining! I know my hot spots otherwise I'd have hit crappy lyst or other poor ore. Other than dropping a few test bombs amps are just not worth it IMO. Different areas mined which I've mined unamped with bigger runs proves that there is systematical bs going on. Especially if all these amps produced two hits each in various areas. I would say mu on them is bs too but I'm talking about TT values and returns and planet side mining.

On the first point, I didn't see yours on the auction so maybe higher mu, on to the other points. I'm not new to mining! I know my hot spots otherwise I'd have hit crappy lyst or other poor ore. Other than dropping a few test bombs amps are just not worth it IMO. Different areas mined which I've mined unamped with bigger runs proves that there is systematical bs going on. Especially if all these amps produced two hits each in various areas. I would say mu on them is bs too but I'm talking about TT values and returns and planet side mining.

The highest level amps, L12 and L13 or TA9 and TA10, those really have only three purposes I can think of:
1) to gamble and try to get an ATH
2) to simply have fun and get a large number of swirlies fast
3) on Ark--to try and get high MU treasure items like dune rider parts

Unless you know a crafter who can get you these for cheap (maybe 135%?), you pay a huge premium on amp MU that is not returned in loot. But no matter how you use them they're really for people with huge ped reserves and no qualms about losing big amounts of cash. People using them for occasional special fun treat, (#2 above) need to accept that they will be losing at least 200 ped per amp and be OK with that amount of loss.

Last edited:
Sorry i havent read your post earlier (i was häving fun in real life).

Anyways you want to bet me that i cant achieve 90% TT return (not talking about amp markup or anything) with lvl5 amps?
To do around 10k drops i would need 100 level 5 amps (which is around 22 000 ped on amps (after markup) and 9900 ped of bombs) So it would cost me 31 900 peds to get back (20 000 (tt of 100lvl5s) + 9900) *90%=26910 peds...

You want me to prove that i am right by spending almost 32k peds just to make 10 ped profit (31900-26910 = 4990)?

Yes it Works also on amped mining, but i am not willing to give MA 4990 ped just get back 5k from you? As i am more into fast peds, i still think my offer of 10k peds spent on 5k ped bet, is better idea.

Maybe some of the current owners of unlimited lvl5 have some mining logs which show roughly 90% return.

I am quite certain that you used amp markup or something like this in your calculations. I am only claiming 10k peds tt spent give back roughly 9000peds tt.

So there are two chances, whether you give me time to raise 50k peds and then lets bet on 25k peds that i can get tt return quite close to 90% on 100 lvl5s. (i could live with winning 20k peds instead of 10peds :D) or you take my original bet.

Ahh here is link to STrash mining blog: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9232-Strash-Streams-Project-Unlimited-level-5

He has enough data, maybe give him 20k for being right?

I don`t need to explain much things, I say again go mining with amps, u have 44k in mining last time u got a global was in july 10-13.... then in 2013, I can`t believe u are so sure on a thing that 1 guy like Strash that has a 2012 blog of god knows how he updated and accurate it is.

YES the 90% is possible unamped or small amp up to lvl 3.... but above lvl 3 is not possible and I`m talking limited amps cause in this system the losses can get so big that current reward system of GLOBALS, HOFS, UBERS, DONT HELP U BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE! and don`t want to say about some time the Hit Rate is like on Asteroid . HOW to explain to guys like u, cause is clearly u saw amps just on auctions I don`t think u really familiar with....lets say 500 peds loss in 1 month, np Calypso mining 1 month can give 400 hof peds unamped is common..... but when the losses with amps get up for 5-7-9-10k ped, what u do ? u quit mining like most of "Amped people" did in this game already.... THIS! is really my last post.

Btw guys I did a log of unamped and amped mining up to level 3 amps and i did not see any running return of 90%.

With Level 13 amps of what i recorded.

1. 515 (340+mu)
30 Ped probes
2x hits which were (11% hit ratio)

tt cost 370
cost with mu 545

Caldorite Stone 66 PED Mon, 13 Oct 2014 02:32:38 / 79 mu
Niksarium Stone 68 PED Mon, 13 Oct 2014 02:26:37 / 81 mu

tt return 134 (236 loss - 36% return on tt cost)
return with mu 160 (385 loss - 29% return with MU on total cost with MU)

MU around 120% for each ore type.

--------------------------------------------------
2.515 (340+mu)
30 Ped probes

tt cost 370
cost with mu 545

Caldorite Stone 51 PED Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:17:46 / 61.71 with mu
Narcanisum Stone 59 PED Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:14:13 / 70.08 with mu

tt return 110 (260 loss - 29% return on tt cost)
return with mu 131.79 (413.21 loss - 24% return with MU on total cost with MU)

MU around 120% for each ore type.

----------------------------------------------

3.515 (340+mu)
30 Ped probes

tt cost 370
cost with mu 545

Niksarium Stone 56 PED Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:52:03 / 67.2 with mu
Copper Stone 68 PED Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:41:54 / 80.24 with mu

tt return 124 (216 loss - 33% return on tt cost)
return with mu 147.44 (397.56 loss - 27% return with MU (on total cost with MU)

MU around 120% and 118%

------------------------------------------

4. To be continued :)

Well you need at last 20xlvl13 amp to conclude anything

Well you need at last 20xlvl13 amp to conclude anything

Thats still only 340 drops, im at 78% return after 60k+ tracked drops :)

I don`t need to explain much things, I say again go mining with amps, u have 44k in mining last time u got a global was in july 10-13.... then in 2013, I can`t believe u are so sure on a thing that 1 guy like Strash that has a 2012 blog of god knows how he updated and accurate it is.

YES the 90% is possible unamped or small amp up to lvl 3.... but above lvl 3 is not possible and I`m talking limited amps cause in this system the losses can get so big that current reward system of GLOBALS, HOFS, UBERS, DONT HELP U BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE! and don`t want to say about some time the Hit Rate is like on Asteroid . HOW to explain to guys like u, cause is clearly u saw amps just on auctions I don`t think u really familiar with....lets say 500 peds loss in 1 month, np Calypso mining 1 month can give 400 hof peds unamped is common..... but when the losses with amps get up for 5-7-9-10k ped, what u do ? u quit mining like most of "Amped people" did in this game already.... THIS! is really my last post.

SO you admit that it is 90% but just most ppl give up before reaching 90% or give up after first big hit (while return is 300-400%?)

My low amount of mining clicks in last year affects nothing, as modified loot Update was before that.

And next time open the thread link i give you, if you look closely you will see that the mining continues in 2014.
Unless level 5 UL amp gives better loot than level 5 Limited, i think it is proved quite confidently that you are wrong, and you just dont have peds to mine with amps and therefore create false image of amped mining.

SO you admit that it is 90% but just most ppl give up before reaching 90% or give up after first big hit (while return is 300-400%?)

My low amount of mining clicks in last year affects nothing, as modified loot Update was before that.

And next time open the thread link i give you, if you look closely you will see that the mining continues in 2014.
Unless level 5 UL amp gives better loot than level 5 Limited, i think it is proved quite confidently that you are wrong, and you just dont have peds to mine with amps and therefore create false image of amped mining.

and u keep saying to me that the 90% returns are real and u last mine 3 days this year ... and prolly several months in 2013, u show me some others maniacs logs with ul amps, who don`t pay any kind of mu on amps.... go on the field, buy amps and prove me I`m a stupid miner and can`t adapt, till then....

and u keep saying to me that the 90% returns are real and u last mine 3 days this year ... and prolly several months in 2013, u show me some others maniacs logs with ul amps, who don`t pay any kind of mu on amps.... go on the field, buy amps and prove me I`m a stupid miner and can`t adapt, till then....

Sorry i am probably just stupid, cant see what you are saying? If you provide me with UL level 5, so i dont need big ped card, i am more than happy to show you that 90% tt return is nothing rare, no matter what amp you use.

I am not mining these days, because it takes too much time, try crafting, it takes less time, less effort, and same result (lots of fun).
I don´t say that you are stupid miner, but i am saying that average tt return is 90% in every profession and for everyone if done long enough.

About maniac miners who dont pay MU what about it? What does MU have to do with tt returns? Why is he not counting, because he mines too much?

Just to cool down you a bit:

Since beginning of august (right after new CEO somewhere, maybe coincidence), and since very strange gazzurdite diarrhea, Im going like that: 78% on 325k turnover.

It can be really harsh, believe me.

Also very strange shit with mining right now - claims very often close to your point of drop, and re-bombing that point in 90% gives nothing. This is really sign of change in mining system, and it started somewhere in july-august too.

Im not complaining, just want to ask MA wipe their ass with their "improved returns".

Back