FYI: Current mining loot pool status - TERRIBLE

im at 78% return after 60k+ tracked drops :)

i have similar percentage since febuary, mining primarily without amps. i never mine on foma or in taxed lands or in pvp4... only on planet claypso, sometimes i ask why continue, but then i recall how much ped i would have on hand should MA see fit to push my returns to 90%... its a vicious cycle. :eyecrazy:

seriously this Thread needs to be closed cause it is really not going to win when you complain...

your just going to get all Emotional blah and not Do anything right

close the Thread and Go mine

:tower: Mine or whine or Mine all wine :beerchug:

or whine a line if ya lost ya Mind :scratch2:

The variance is too high for most people to accept as variance: thus a culture of conspiracy theories when somebody experiences bad luck.

MA should just increase the returns to 100% TT and charge a tax on ammo and probes and repairs instead... work out how to tax (L) items (an idea would be to make the minimum TT higher than 3% and non refundable, but with a 0TT reward, like a skill reward for breaking an item, which would encourage players not to just resell the lower TT (L) items.)

Visible costs = less negative feelings across the player base + the 100% return would mean a higher chance to global or whatever. It seems obvious to me. The problem is when they try to disguise their costs so that they can advertise 'free to play' and people just get angry and bitter when they 'lose' because let's face it.. the average human does not 'think' on that level when they are relaxing and playing a game.

with this mining can u still loot those beacons ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxjm56qa2YI
I know they were introduced years ago, but how u got it was no worth to comment anything, and few days ago I saw they appear now to be able to craft them:hammer:

Mindark is reading and thinking: Hmm players cried that they want more stabile tt returns and less big hofs, ok we listened to them, then players started crying they they want more big hofs and less stabile tt returns.

I think it is approtiate to quote Bart Simpson here : "You are damned if you and damned if you don´t"

To OP: so mining sucks because noone is buying the ores? Think about the crafters they spend hundreds of thousands to craft lvl 2 amps and tt them the next moment. If you stop mining, then markup of ores will rise and it will lead to someone else mining instead of you.

Stop complaining, tt returns are about 90% and that has has been proved several times, the thing we cant get big hofs as easiliy as in the past, is due to number of players crying on forums in the past... Boohoo i had 60% tt return for three weeks and now week old noob got 95k tower booohooo...
So damn ppl in the past who complained? I agree, but then think you are just like those whining ppl in the past.

Whining can only bring bad things, excessive whining on foorum, will lead to ppl not wanting to deposit, which will lead to bad loot, which will lead to more whining.

So please shut up about the loot and deal with it.

I am not trying to be rude or asshole, i am just tired of ppl complaining. You cant satisfy everyone.

90% return has been proven several times?

yea, sure indeed it was, sure,....in what....1 MIO ped cycled? anyone, even hidden MA employee avatars can open excell and put in some numbers and voila ~ 90% tt return on "paper",...

weird that 90%+ of playerbase can only get 40-70% return on activities,....

Instead of quoting my comment if you read it with open mind and more importantly "EYES" you will see that i have mentioned i had months of 60% return period. Thats the risk. If i have to stop for some reason i may not get my peds back becoz i have not designed the loot system and i can never be 100% sure about it so yes i am also scared as its the "REAL" money we are talking about. So if i do mining without knowing if i have enough time and peds to get through the down cycle its a "RISK" i choose to take my time sort out the things i am currently working on and take a break from it instead of gambling with couple of big amp runs.

anything else ?

Weirdest part of it all is that decreased HOF's means more stable returns....

Yet you say you have months of 60% returns (as I am having now also),....

How does this work?

less hofs, more stable returns but returns are less stable (talking about the magic 90%)? I think MA hidden avatars are at work and they aren't even coordinated about what they say between themselves.....

90% return has been proven several times?

yea, sure indeed it was, sure,....in what....1 MIO ped cycled? anyone, even hidden MA employee avatars can open excell and put in some numbers and voila ~ 90% tt return on "paper",...

weird that 90%+ of playerbase can only get 40-70% return on activities,....

This is incorrect. If mining unamped using good techniques, in the current mining system, 99% of players can get normal (> 87%) short term returns (at least 5k cycled) and can get 95%+ long term TT returns (50-100k cycled). In fact, the long term return on probes is usually around 97-99% if you don't include tool decay in your calculations (I highly suspect the real number is 100% return on probes over all the playerbase). I'm not making these numbers up, this is what people actually get. I've monitored the returns of over almost 250 people in the last year and when I say 99%, I really do mean that only 2 people have had anomalously low TT returns that did not appear to be a result of scamming.

I suspect those ~1% who had anomalously low returns were in an extended "down" period, which older miners seem to get, but which is not typical for new players to experience. Or of course, they may also have been scamming & not returning all their ores.

This all of course assumes you're mining unamped using good techniques. Using amps is a whole other dynamic, but based on the median run return as well as results from long term ampers, I suspect you get at least 5% lower TT overall returns using level 5 amps or above (in other words, 90% return or less... ampers tend to use less eco excavators too).

In other words, if you've dropped more than 5k peds and you're below 85% then there's something wrong with your technique. If you haven't had any globals yet then you can't expect too much more until the globals start coming (they will eventually). I have one miner who's currently at 15k cycled without a single global so this can happen. Similarly, if your return after ~50k ped cycled (100k for sure) is not above 90% then you're doing something wrong.

I am in a little dry patch mining wise right now. All you can really do is see if you find enough claims. If you get enough claims (~30% of your probes find something) but you do not get any multipliers there is not much really you can do, at least in my experience other than running with smaller amps and pushing for higher markup. If it is not viable and/or fun, do not go mining. That is what I am doing right now (except for test runs to see if things are getting better)
Trying to finish a few iron missions in the meantime..:handgun::bull::bull::bull::bull::bull::bull::bull::rocket:

pretty much how crap, sucky and boring the mining is.... even with a global or 60-70 ped "hof" I could barely hit 80-90% tt but I get most of the runs are at 75-80% tt return... with mu most of them I reach at 90%... oh and I use the mighty Dsec L30, which I didnt include any finder decay or trying, not even the finder mu....so those numbers are even worse, If I try to calculate auction and some extractor decay which I use from TT, just leave it be... sure like 2 days ago we saw a 23k and a 5k but for the rest of the days its crap after crap is not evem worth mentioning.

so Im around -750 ped after 2 weeks not counting many things, in 2 weeks will be around -1.5k everything unamped mining with MU on PLANET for 1 month!, and If I start using "medium" amps and pay mu for them -3k to -5k ped would be easy to get in 1 month and with current mining system and possibility to get something over 1k its bullshit especially for planet, oh if u happen to get over 1k on planet ur consider u got a tower nowdays, if its 10k+ u got like the ath right there :\

the hof list below..... 850 to 350 ped...... #1 to #15th place ... sad, very sad.

Last edited:
Where you guys see sadness, I see opportunity. Seize it.

Back