FYI: ***WoF 2014 QUALIFYING HEATS Stage One MOBLIST & Start Point***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
***WoF 2014 QUALIFYING HEATS Stage One MOBLIST & Start Point***

WELCOME to the first hunts of WoF 2014.​

ALL Teams hunt in each of two Qualifiers, each on a separate weekend with a separate Moblist.

The score from both Qualifiers is combined to give that Nation their Qualifying Total.

Those with the highest Qualifying Totals progress to the Group Stages.

As it stands, there are insufficient teams to hold the full-length tournament but more are expected to sign. The tournament will adjust based on how many attend and teams will be advised of any changes as soon as they are decided.

This year the WoF takes place during a Robot/Mob invasion of considerable scale.
The invasion is expected to happen in several places at once; details of spawn locations will be posted when available. Different spawns will contain different maturities of each mob to suit all levels of hunter. The spawns should arrive before, and leave after the weekend of October 18th/19th.
DON'T WORRY if not all the mobs are within your capabilities as a team. Worry about the points you CAN score. It's all about the tactics.
See below for Time-Slot booking details and more info on how to take part.

***Moblist 1: INCOMING***

MAIN TEAM:
Steelbird Elite (ANY): 10 Points
(Not intended to be camped, these form the forefront of the robot invasion and the WoF teams must cope with them as best they can.)
Legionaire (ANY): 9 Points
Warrior Elite (ANY): 8 Points
Drone Co-Ordinator (ANY): 7 Points
Steelbird (ANY): 6 Points
Warrior (ANY): 5 Points

SUPPORT:

Eviscerator (ANY): 4 Points
Defender (ANY): 3 Points
Drone (ANY): 2 Points
Attacker (ANY): 1 Point

Spider Bomber (ANY): BONUS MOB 25 Points

The Eviscerator : WHOLE TEAM TROPHY BONUS 40 Points

As said before, the Trophy Bonus is not intended to compensate for the extra time and ammo needed to kill these bigger mobs, only as a chance of consolation should one attack the team. Any further globals after the first, for each Nation (Main or Support or Both) will not score any points.

TIME-SLOTS: (in Mindark/IN-GAME Time)
Due to the international nature of the event several timeslots need to be used.

FOR EACH QUALIFIER PLEASE STATE IN A PM TO ME WHICH SLOT YOU REQUIRE A JUDGE FOR.

You should also send your MAIN TEAM LIST when decided. Those who have not finalised their team will be able to inform the judge of their starting line-up on the day, BEFORE THEY HUNT.

14:00, 19:00, 00:00 (Midnight/Sunday Morning) on Saturdays

07:00 and 12:00 (Midday) on Sundays, likely to be the same throughout the competition.

If your team is large, please consider sending a non-hunting member to the Start/Finish Point to act as a Judge should there be a shortfall.

START/FINISH POINT:
EUDORIA 88135, 77643, 374​

....a lovely little mountain on the East shore of Nymphtown Lake.​

All of each Main Team are required to be at the Start/Finish Point when the match starts, along with at least one member of each Support Team. Team lists must be passed to the Judges including any changes in Support during the match.

Any Support Teams wishing to take part must first have one member VISIT THE START POINT AND INFORM A JUDGE OF THEIR TEAM AND THEIR PARTICIPATION.

Please turn up at least 10 minutes before your allotted time.

Thanks for entering and see you all on the battlefield:)

Robot Spawn Locations:

Steelbird Elites, Attackers, Defenders, Warriors, Spider Bombers

Low level - 86889, 84843
Mid level - 68819, 82678
High level - 67931, 87815

Steelbirds, Legionaires, Eviscerators, The Eviscerator

Low level - 86370, 84887
Mid level - 74485, 92191
High level - 74251, 92718

Drones, Drone Co-ordinators, Warrior Elites

Low level - 87235, 94631
Mid level - 88027, 79347
High level - 88021, 95004

Hurrikane

Last edited:
As said before, the Trophy Bonus is not intended to compensate for the extra time and ammo needed to kill these bigger mobs, only as a chance of consolation should one attack the team.

For 40 points it's clearly worthwhile for the stronger teams to go for this mob, while weaker teams have no chance whatsoever to kill it. Stupid idea imo.

Team lists must be passed to the Judges including any changes in Support during the match.

Any Support Teams wishing to take part must first have one member VISIT THE START POINT AND INFORM A JUDGE OF THEIR TEAM AND THEIR PARTICIPATION.

What is the point of this? It sounds like a pain in the arse and I don't see any benefit to it whatsoever when there are no restrictions on who can join support teams anyway. If you do insist on knowing who all the support members are for some reason, how would you even enforce that?

Also can you please confirm whether the 5 point Warriors and the Drones include anything other than the regular Gen 1-10, e.g. Drone Elite, Warrior Commander?

For 40 points it's clearly worthwhile for the stronger teams to go for this mob, while weaker teams have no chance whatsoever to kill it. Stupid idea imo.

Well there is no need for country to kill it more then once, once you get the first 40 points for your country to kill it your country will get no more points. So I see no issue with having a big team kill it once and move on while the smaller teams continue to hunt other mobs.

What is the point of this? It sounds like a pain in the arse and I don't see any benefit to it whatsoever when there are no restrictions on who can join support teams anyway. If you do insist on knowing who all the support members are for some reason, how would you even enforce that?

Ya not sure why it matters either as there is no way to track member changes unless we are required to turn in screenshots of the team for ever global to prove we never swaped members out but guess rules are rules and rules and following them are part of every competition and not following them disqualifies teams in competition.

BAH double post sorry...

The Trophy is not an efficient way, even by WoF standards, to score points from a PED perspective or where time is concerned. The big mobs are going to be in the area and I think I'd get complaints if they didn't count for anything but wasting your time. If the bigger teams feel the need to demonstrate how easily they can dispatch these beasts, I'm sure the smaller teams will be just as keen to show how many points they can amass while the others are trying to wear down an event mob that might easily loot small.

Where the track record of each team is concerned, it is helpful to know who did what and for whom. All it requires is that anyone joining the hunt says so to a Judge. The Support Teams have been overlooked in the past where prizes were concerned and their huge effort should also be properly rewarded. The Judges won't need to know if so-and-so ctd' or went AFK, we just want to know what the team names are and who was in them. This helps us identify them for scoring and also helps correct any erroneous team names. In the past the more relaxed approach has led to us standing there wondering which Nation to attribute a global to. In a close match where much is at stake there must be clarity.

i.e. if a Support Team managed to bag a prize in some way connected with a loot they had, and some members weren't involved but due to misinformation took part of the prize anyway... or two support teams had the same name... we just need to make things less vague.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
...as a confused first time WoFfer, is the fact that there is a huge shared drone spawn a bad/problematic thing for support teams as far as scoring (scorekeeper wont get swirls on shared globs) ?

edit: oh im dumb. just dont shoot shared mobs derp wont count

Last edited:
Also can you please confirm whether the 5 point Warriors and the Drones include anything other than the regular Gen 1-10, e.g. Drone Elite, Warrior Commander?

Not answered above?

Not answered above?

I have not requested any Communicators or Warrior Commanders etc and they are not listed so would not score. I shall check none were intended to arrive and if they are I will think fast.

Hurrikane

I believe Drone Coordinators are currently only available as shared loot (or beacons). Did I get that wrong?

Are you expecting more non-shared spawns between now and next weekend?

I believe Drone Coordinators are currently only available as shared loot (or beacons). Did I get that wrong?

Are you expecting more non-shared spawns between now and next weekend?

The spawns happening now are nothing to do with me at all, so not expecting anything:)

Will double check no-one's intending to spawn shared mobs for WoF though.

Hurrikane

100% agree, this alone makes it pointless for smaller teams like Team Africa to even try. We pitch up nearly every year, knowing that we have virtually no chance of even qualifying, but we try anyway.

What's the point if all the teams lucky enough to have a few geared-up ubers basically automatically start with a 40 point headstart :scratch2:?

Our team has ZERO chance of taking out The Eviscerator, whereas there are several who are gauranteed to.
Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

I have not requested any Communicators or Warrior Commanders etc and they are not listed so would not score. I shall check none were intended to arrive and if they are I will think fast.

Hurrikane

There are already Warrior Commanders in the game, which is why I asked.

If they don't score that's fine.

[...]

I said pretty much the same thing 10 days ago.
Until now I thought I was only one thinking so, good to see I'm not ;)

[...]

Only few ubers with top gear can handle those special big event mobs.
Many times teams split up to hunt different mobs at the same time, but even if all together, most players will be wiped out quickly.
Those big event mobs have a high chance to grant HOF therefore easy 80 points. That's a big bonus and in many cases will be enough to win a match.
Those who will be able to kill that even mob will most likely already had an upper hand in points due to awesome firepower and defenses (killing much faster and getting more points).
Therefore I find that rule as unfair.
Am I alone thinking that?

[...]

100% agree, this alone makes it pointless for smaller teams like Team Africa to even try. We pitch up nearly every year, knowing that we have virtually no chance of even qualifying, but we try anyway.

What's the point if all the teams lucky enough to have a few geared-up ubers basically automatically start with a 40 point headstart :scratch2:?

Our team has ZERO chance of taking out The Eviscerator, whereas there are several who are gauranteed to.
Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

If your team has no chance of taking out the Eviscerator then don't shoot at it. There are lots of other mobs to score on. As for an automatic 40 points, I'm sure you're aware that not every event mob even globals. Also with health on these things being many times that of most 10-point mobs, they do not represent a "good way" to get points at all. These mobs are ONLY appearing in these earlier stages and if scored on will only serve to identify the teams to watch out for. There is always a large disparagement in the scores from the Qualifiers, but it's not a case of getting the most points, just finding ways to not get the least.

I repeat, later stages will NOT feature Trophy Mobs. They are just part of the battlefield and another thing to consider in the early stages.

Hurrikane

Sorry Hurri but you're only showing your lack of (recent) hunting experience here. The big teams will definitely be deliberately going for The Eviscerator, and it'll be well worth it. Glad to hear trophy mobs won't be used later though.

Sorry Hurri but you're only showing your lack of (recent) hunting experience here. The big teams will definitely be deliberately going for The Eviscerator, and it'll be well worth it. Glad to hear trophy mobs won't be used later though.

If people feel it might be n unfair advantage, I propose that those try to make a deal before their game with the other team to stay away from it.

Most of us are here for the fun so I assume it wouldn't be hard to come to such an agreement between teams.

If people feel it might be n unfair advantage, I propose that those try to make a deal before their game with the other team to stay away from it.

Most of us are here for the fun so I assume it wouldn't be hard to come to such an agreement between teams.

The Trophy Mobs will not feature in the Group Stages / One-on-One matches.

One large mob will appear in the first Group Stage but will be one to avoid (A very high maturity of the 10 point mob which will only score 10 itself) and there primarily for non-wof players and wof teams on their off-days to have some fun with.

Hurrikane

I'm aware the big teams will be going for it, the WoF represents hunting at all levels, and if there's a place to show off it's the qualifiers. If you put the smallest mobs in for the new players then I think the top-ranking players deserve something at their level too. If it helps to know it, the Trophy Mob in the Second Qualifier is not as tough as The Eviscerator, although some will still want to avoid it. If the Qualifying moblists seem hard it's because they're a taste of the whole tournament and the results will show the top seeds to head each Group. The Group Stages will "settle down" to a more predictable theme for consistent and accurate scoring. The set-up is hopefully designed to keep as many people happy as possible; the players who trudge through the 5 and 1 point mobs now get a chance at the Short Straw Bonus for their efforts, the ubers get some trophies in the Qualifiers. The Wild Card mob later on will let teams have a tactical say in certain matches. And obviously, there are mobs arriving you don't normally see, or haven't in a while.

I am still open to changes based on majority opinion but I hope this clears up my position for now.

Hurrikane

.e. if a Support Team managed to bag a prize in some way connected with a loot they had, and some members weren't involved but due to misinformation took part of the prize anyway... or two support teams had the same name... we just need to make things less vague.

So the support member list is for things like SCAR reward?

So the support member list is for things like SCAR reward?

Yes, exactly. With the WoF becoming an Official Event there are now more prizes available. The SCAR award may not be brought back but for prizes of any sort to be awarded it's nice to know who to give them to. Was hoping to reveal such things as the Tournament went along:)

Hurrikane

Yes, exactly. With the WoF becoming an Official Event there are now more prizes available. The SCAR award may not be brought back but for prizes of any sort to be awarded it's nice to know who to give them to. Was hoping to reveal such things as the Tournament went along:)

Hurrikane

Sounds like an awful amount of work. Wouldn't it be so much easier to just give Team Eudoria all the prizes...?

Sounds like an awful amount of work. Wouldn't it be so much easier to just give Team Eudoria all the prizes...?

would be easier to just split the prizes 50/50 between team Guinea and team Wales :laugh:

Hey Hurrikane

I wanted to clarify about the bonus mob 'The Eviscerator' and whether the 40 points are awarded for both the main team and the support team or is it one or the other for each nation?

Cheers,
Azzah

Hey Hurrikane

I wanted to clarify about the bonus mob 'The Eviscerator' and whether the 40 points are awarded for both the main team and the support team or is it one or the other for each nation?

Cheers,
Azzah

I understand it's just support. Only bonus mob can be scored by either support or main.

Great news! Sorry to have spoilt the surprise news, but this will make it easier to persuade support teams to do go register, and this will also make it more fun for support, knowing they will have some incentive to fight.

Hey Hurrikane

Cheers,
Azzah

One trophy per NATION per hunt, so if Support get one, Main can't, if Main get one, Support can't. The points are added to the total at the end after all other Bonuses.

Hurrikane

One trophy per NATION per hunt, so if Support get one, Main can't, if Main get one, Support can't. The points are added to the total at the end after all other Bonuses.

Hurrikane

Is Trophy mob is scored like the bonus mob, but with 40 Points instead of 25 and not being a requirement for the sweep?

Is Trophy mob is scored like the bonus mob, but with 40 Points instead of 25 and not being a requirement for the sweep?

Bonus Mob IS a requirement for the Sweep, Trophies are not. But it's similar in that only one can be scored on per hunt, per Nation.

Hurrikane

Back