FYI: ***WoF 2014 QUALIFYING HEATS Stage One MOBLIST & Start Point***

Bonus Mob IS a requirement for the Sweep, Trophies are not. But it's similar in that only one can be scored on per hunt, per Nation.

Hurrikane

Does the variety rules apply as usual, though there are more than four "variety Groups" (because the marities are not split this round)?

Is this the variety Groups/mob grouping for variety for this round?

Main
- Steelbird Elite, Steelbird
- Warrior Elite, Warrior
- Drone Co-Ordinator
- Legionaire

Support
- Drone
- Eviscerator
- Defender
- Attacker
And variety bonus scoring applies to one, two, Three or four or more of them?

Edit: Doh! Nevermind, I just recalled the variety is separate from main and support. Sorry, just me being a bit tired this early in the morning.

Last edited:
Does the variety rules apply as usual, though there are more than four "variety Groups" (because the marities are not split this round)?

Is this the variety Groups/mob grouping for variety for this round?

Main
- Steelbird Elite, Steelbird
- Warrior Elite, Warrior
- Drone Co-Ordinator
- Legionaire

Support
- Drone
- Eviscerator
- Defender
- Attacker
And variety bonus scoring applies to one, two, Three or four or more of them?

Edit: Doh! Nevermind, I just recalled the variety is separate from main and support. Sorry, just me being a bit tired this early in the morning.

Yes those are the types needed for Variety Bonuses.

Hurrikane

Question how many teams are going through the qualifying rounds to stage 1?

Sent a PM to Hurrikane regarding the new info on the qualifiers, but will post the question here as well, since others may have the same question.

If a team chooses to hunt both weekends, does the main team need to have the same (four) people for both weekends, or can we shift people around between main and support status?

Go Team Eudoria!! :cheer:

Edit: Received a reply from Hurrikane regarding this (and had his permission to post his reply in the thread)

Any of the 12 people that teams have listed for MAIN team may hunt as main for either weekend.

Last edited:
Any idea when the spawns are going to do their thing so we can suss them out?

44 hours to go to the first match of WoF 2014...

Any idea when the spawns are going to do their thing so we can suss them out?

44 hours to go to the first match of WoF 2014...

Been told if not tonight then tomorrow, co-ordinates to be announced.... expect spawns in around 9 locations.

Hurrikane

Been told if not tonight then tomorrow, co-ordinates to be announced.... expect spawns in around 9 locations.

Hurrikane

Super :)

Robot Spawn Locations:

Steelbird Elites, Attackers, Defenders, Warriors, Spider Bombers

Low level - 86889, 84843
Mid level - 68819, 82678
High level - 67931, 87815

Steelbirds, Legionaires, Eviscerators, The Eviscerator

Low level - 86370, 84887
Mid level - 74485, 92191
High level - 74251, 92718

Drones, Drone Co-ordinators, Warrior Elites

Low level - 87235, 94631
Mid level - 88027, 79347
High level - 88021, 95004

Just looking at the schedule... 19:00 Saturday is going to see at least 6 teams heading out at once... should make for a good pic or video if anyone's thinking of documenting the Tournament;)

Did not check all spawns but there are some shared loot drone coordinators in the non shared spawn :eyecrazy:

Did not check all spawns but there are some shared loot the drone coordinators in the non shared spawn :eyecrazy:

Have sent word, will send stronger word tomorrow if not fixed.

Hurrikane

Just for clarification: We are free to hunt wherever on the continent? Because the drone spawns that came with the event mobs were way too small. For every drone I had to fight off three coordinators...

Just for clarification: We are free to hunt wherever on the continent? Because the drone spawns that came with the event mobs were way too small. For every drone I had to fight off three coordinators...

Anywhere on Calypso where such robots are found.

Hurrikane

Country of choice: Canada
Full avatar name: Freegon Grading Maloon

I am in yet again. I can't captain but I am happy to organize support teams.

Country of choice: Canada
Full avatar name: Freegon Grading Maloon

I am in yet again. I can't captain but I am happy to organize support teams.

Thank you, please inform Team Canada of your decision in their Team Thread.

Anywhere on Calypso where such robots are found.

Hurrikane

Of course there is Hurri, this is not some "Effing" Noob, he has "Skillz and Knowledge!"

;)

*Cough*

Last edited:
Of course there is Hurri, this is not some "Effing" Noob, he has "Skillz and Knowledge!"

;)

*Cough*

Didn't get that one...?

My signature refers to basic knowledge about the concepts of the game and ends with a smiley which need to be interpreted correctly. Basically it is saying that you don't need to tell me to go sweat and buy an opallo in every thread, which sums up pretty much most of the replies a new poster on the forum gets. The rules are written In a somewhat hard way and seem contradictory at points, which I who am not a native English speaker finds hard to understand correctly. Therefore I felt the need to ask .

When will we see first round scores?

After I've had a kip, checked 'em, checked 'em again and typed them up. So around Tomorrow night/Tuesday morning.

Hurrikane

care to share the list of participants as well?

Getting the Timeslot confirmations in thick and fast, still missing some of you though.... please let me know by PM as soon as possible.

Hurirkane

How are those slots shaping up?

Just a reminder, Daylight Savings/Summer Time ends for some people this weekend (Oct. 26), US it ends the following weekend (Nov. 2). Just pay attention to your start times. Guess it won't affect the Saturday starts, but some Sunday slots for sure. Don't be late (or early?)... :)

Was hoping to have seen a list by now of who is playing when :yup:

Sorry, it seems the urgency to let me know in good time has faded somewhat for this weekend (just when things were looking efficient), and I also think some teams are happy with their first score. Full list of confirmed slots now up in the Judges' Thread.

Any teams who wish to hunt who have not confirmed a time may still show up and see if there is a Judge for them.... for most slots there should be (17:00 looks the busiest again).

Hurrikane

Any teams who wish to hunt who have not confirmed a time may still show up and see if there is a Judge for them.... for most slots there should be (17:00 looks the busiest again).

Hurrikane

You mean 19:00 is busiest, eh? ;)

Go team Eudoria!! :cheer:

BIG QUESTION! European time change is Saturday night for some in Europe at same time the 00:00 time slot we chose is. Will that effect anything? or will MA severs keep the time right even for Sundays matches? Does Guinea/USA team need to be there 1 hour earlier than advertised time? Does MA change with EU time changes? No clue but I guess we will see. Never had WoF happen during a time change that I can remember.

BIG QUESTION! European time change is Saturday night for some in Europe at same time the 00:00 time slot we chose is. Will that effect anything? or will MA severs keep the time right even for Sundays matches? Does Guinea/USA team need to be there 1 hour earlier than advertised time? Does MA change with EU time changes? No clue but I guess we will see. Never had WoF happen during a time change that I can remember.

Pretty sure it's happened before but unsure what we did:)

I will adhere to the Mindark Clock for this, but if any team mysteriously shows up an hour early or late I guess I'm sticking around a bit longer to be judging that one:)

Hurrikane

MA clock doesn't adjust for daylight savings time, at least never have in the past.

So for WOF just depends on where you live. In USA, there is no change this weekend for any start time as we don't jump back until next weekend. 00:00 MA time is still 8 p.m. EST.

The rollback in Europe happens at 01:00 MA time. MA clock doesn't change, just the country time. So should not affect the 00:00 MA start time, just the other start times later on Sunday.

Back