Documenting World of Firepower 2014

Razer

Stalker
RAZER
After a 1 year absence World of Firepower (WoF) has returned. Since 2007 WoF has taken a spot on many people's calendars and for some it is even the only event they take part in.

This year we, at EntropiaPlanets, want to cover the entire event, complete with the rules, the teams and the players, but also with schedules, reports, images and videos of the event.

As we did with other events in the past (link, link) we have chosen our wiki to collect all info about WoF 2014 simply because we believe that is the perfect place to do stuff like that.

We would also like to ask people to help out with documenting the event by either adding images and videos to our wiki (which is pretty easy to do and if for some reason you mess stuff up we can easily return everything to the way it was, just contact RAZER or Tass over at EP.com) or if you are scared of wiki's post them in here so someone else can add them.

Lets try to make this event the best documented on in the history of WoF !

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/World_of_Firepower_2014

The first thing thats is needed right now is the team members of each country, so if the team captains would be so kind to post them here I'll get them in the wiki. Both main and support would be great.

So, are there any final teams known already. If you do post them here so they can be documented in the wiki.

So far we have 17 teams competing and in the wiki:

• Team Great Britain
  • Team DACH
  • Team France
  • Team Australia
  • Team Sweden
  • Team USA
  • Team Czech
  • Team BeNeLux
  • Team Italy
  • Team Canada
  • Team Poland
  • Team Africa
  • Team Wales
  • Team Romenia
  • Team Guinea
  • Team Eudoria
  • Team Amethera

wof_teams.jpg

In the wiki the flags even move, http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/World_of_Firepower_2014/Teams

Any of the teams have a final player list yet?

So far we have 17 teams competing and in the wiki:

• Team Great Britain
  • Team DACH
  • Team France
  • Team Australia
  • Team Sweden
  • Team USA
  • Team Czech
  • Team BeNeLux
  • Team Italy
  • Team Canada
  • Team Poland
  • Team Africa
  • Team Wales
  • Team Romenia
  • Team Guinea
  • Team Eudoria
  • Team Amethera

wof_teams.jpg

In the wiki the flags even move, http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/World_of_Firepower_2014/Teams

Any of the teams have a final player list yet?

Wow, this site looks great! It reminds me of the wiki's for professional SC2/DOTA2 tournaments on teamliquid. It is very appealing yet easy to read. A huge round of applause for EP and their everlasting commitment to their own wiki. It would not surprise me if in due time, entropedia and EP wiki merge to be some sort of super-awesome knowledge database.

MindlessAdventurousClumber.gif

It's Romania :p => misspell there :p

The exact players in main teams will probably be confirmed the day of the qualifiers :) Most teams have yet to properly chose a captain :))

Great site and great effort mate :D :yay:

Thanx.

Don't think Entropedia and the EP wiki will merge as both wiki's have a very different point of view when it comes to data and the way people can use it even though the thought has crossed our minds a few times.

Stuff like this WoF page is one thing we are very different then Entropedia, as that is mainly build just for data and tables and is very customized compared to the standard mediawiki stuff.

We are slowly adding more stuff every day, interactive-ish maps being one of the latest things and once some updates are in we should be able to make even nicer ones. Also stuff like Land Deeds is something I like very much, (it is a bit outdated right now, but feel free to add data to it) and the next 'project' is Taming.

But I'm getting off topic here, so, any news on WoF ?

It's Romania :p => misspell there :p

The exact players in main teams will probably be confirmed the day of the qualifiers :) Most teams have yet to properly chose a captain :))

Great site and great effort mate :D :yay:

Fixed, sorry :)

Brilliant idea. Hope it goes well.

I will be taking shots and film throughout the WoF and will pass them on. I also have lots of archive shots if you want to add that extra dimention.

It is the players competition... Long may it continue.

:wtg::wtg::wtg:

Brilliant idea. Hope it goes well.

I will be taking shots and film throughout the WoF and will pass them on. I also have lots of archive shots if you want to add that extra dimention.

Feel free to add any youtube video of WoF 2014 (or other years) to the wiki. Adding them is easy, just scroll down to the media section and click the little [edit] link next to the name. If he page is still empty just click the edit link on the top right of tha screen. In the page that you get to add {{youtube|6gd1FvbcnL4}} where the bit behind the | is the Youtube video ID number (can be seen in the URL of the video). Save the page and you are done.

There are some more optional settings for video's all of which can be seen here.

Provisional, and most likely final, Main 12 for Team United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but excluding Wales, aka Team GB:

• Ami Trabin Trabin
  • Elsalvador Microdot Majere
  • georgie cheese smoker
  • John Hawk Connor
  • Joseph Dredge Hogoroth
  • Lady Nadie Hawke
  • Lighter LT Thief
  • Oleg Oleg McMullery (Captain)
  • Richard Dirk Tomlin
  • tommy smokeymac galtress
  • Uniqu3 Uniqu3 Hunter
  • Zyloc Zyloc Mist

To me it all still looks a bit messy :)
WoF is starting today and there is hardly any final list around.

I see lists and people below that still signing up, I see lists an people below that telling they do not want to participate anyway or I don't see a list at all.

So, can the teams please post a final list of their participant on their thread or on this one, so I can document them in the wiki?

Or Hurrikane, if you have the info post it here?

Last edited:
To me it all still looks a bit messy :)
WoF is starting today and there is hardly any final list around.

I see lists and people below that still signing up, I see lists an people below that telling they do not want to participate anyway or I don;t see a list at all.

So, can the teams please post a final list of their participant on their thread or on this one, so I can document them in the wiki?

Or Hurrikane, of you have the info post it here?

I believe team members can be added for another week.

First qualifier for DACH this year saturday 14:00, oct. 18th 2014

DACH mainteam line up

Tina abuyin Walther
Joe Mr- Joey Force
Mandred Maverick Torgridson
Phoenix Inkster Maxwell

One change to this, Microdot has been replaced by Caleb cc Caven.

Provisional, and most likely final, Main 12 for Team United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but excluding Wales, aka Team GB:

• georgie cheese smoker
  • John Hawk Connor
  • Joseph Dredge Hogoroth
  • Lady Nadie Hawke
  • Lighter LT Thief
  • Richard Dirk Tomlin
  • Slapnuts Slapnuts Smith
  • Uniqu3 Uniqu3 Hunter
  • Zyloc Zyloc Mist

Last edited:
First qualifier for DACH this year saturday 14:00, oct. 18th 2014

DACH mainteam line up

Tina abuyin Walther
Joe Mr- Joey Force
Mandred Maverick Torgridson
Phoenix Inkster Maxwell

From the thread here about DACH I already got 12 names for the main team, that included the 4 names you post. It might be because I never played WoF myself that it is a bit confusing to me, but what happened to the other 8 people in the main team?

Amethera main team consisted of:

Alexandra Alex Cooper
Klodvig Klod Malkord

From the thread here about DACH I already got 12 names for the main team, that included the 4 names you post. It might be because I never played WoF myself that it is a bit confusing to me, but what happened to the other 8 people in the main team?

in every WOF match one has to decide on a few Main Hunters from that 12 man roster to fight for the main team. The number of people in the main team depends on the round. For the qualifier it's 4 people. Those are the ones we chose for the first match.

Regards
Thark

in every WOF match one has to decide on a few Main Hunters from that 12 man roster to fight for the main team. The number of people in the main team depends on the round. For the qualifier it's 4 people. Those are the ones we chose for the first match.

Regards
Thark

Ah I SEE, thanx for the explanation.

Made another change to our main 12, I'm pretty sure this really will now be the final version :D

• georgie cheese smoker
  • John Hawk Connor
  • Joseph Dredge Hogoroth
  • Lady Nadie Hawke
  • Lighter LT Thief
  • Richard Dirk Tomlin
  • Slapnuts Slapnuts Smith
  • Uniqu3 Uniqu3 Hunter
  • Zyloc Zyloc Mist

Tried to edit this myself btw but I couldn't work out how.

Last edited:
Back