WoF 2014: Team Guinea

Slacking? If by slacking you mean distracting the team with my bubble baths...

LOL bubblebaths can be hard work ;)

Bump it up we shoot tomorrow!!! :wtg:

Team Guinea is still actively looking for fun individuals. If you fit this description and want to have a fun time with us, meet at Nymphtown at 23:00 MA time today. We will form teams and help everyone get on our TS server then.

See everyone there. :yay:

cant log in , disturbance in the force ... will this go down as planned or postponed ?
-tilka-

hello,

Just to notify you that the team captain of France has changed.

Thank you contact now "franck sweetyxx MORE" as captain.

Good day.

Hello TEAM GUINEA.
Welcome to STAGE 4 of WoF 2014/15.

Here are the final standings and scores from Stage 3; congratulations! Your team placed seventh.

As such you were drawn into one of three Groups in Stage 4. Your drawn Group was Group C.
Details of Stage 4 below.

1. GREAT BRITAIN : 665 + 751 = 1416
2. SWEDEN : 727 + 588 = 1315
3. USA : 597 + 699 = 1296

4. DACH : 737 + 556 = 1293
5. FRANCE : 611 + 461 = 1072
6. AUSTRALIA : 405 + 626 = 1031
7. GUINEA : 478 + 492 = 970
8. ITALY : 482 + 463 = 945
9. EUDORIA : 341 + 385 = 726
10. FINLAND : 246 + 405 = 651
11. ROMANIA : 277 + 228 = 505
12. AMETHERA : 142 + 288 = 430
13. AFRICA : 95 + 200 = 295
14. BENELUX : 123 + 50 = 173
15. POLAND : 60 + 80 = 140
16. WALES: 54 + 65 = 119
17. CANADA: 25 + 0 = 25

18. CZECH : 0

THE GROUPS:

GROUP A:
TEAM USA
TEAM AUSTRALIA
TEAM ITALY
TEAM EUDORIA

GROUP B:

TEAM SWEDEN
TEAM DACH
TEAM FINLAND
TEAM ROMANIA

GROUP C:

TEAM GREAT BRITAIN
TEAM AMETHERA
TEAM GUINEA
TEAM FRANCE

There we have it; using the tried-and-tested 2-year-old daughter picking jellybeans from a hat she can't see into, it looks like we're going to have some interesting and close matches in the weeks to come.
Special mention must go out to Finland, who due to the luck to the draw now face three previous WoF winners!

Please Contact Your Opponents and agree a time for each match as soon as possible.
Matches can be played in any order if necessary but please try to keep to the posted schedule.

Available dates are: Feb 14th/15th, Feb 21st/22nd, Feb 28th/Mar 1st.
Available TimeSLots are: 14:00, 19:00 (Sat), 00:00, 07:00, 12:00, 17:00 (Sun)

PLEASE POST IN THE JUDGES THREAD ONCE AN AGREED TIMESLOT HAS BEEN DECIDED.

GROUP C Matches:

Match 1: Team GREAT BRITAIN vs Team AMETHERA
Match 2: Team GUINEA vs Team FRANCE

Match 3: Team GREAT BRITAIN vs Team GUINEA
Match 4: Team AMETHERA vs Team FRANCE

Match 5: Team GREAT BRITAIN vs Team FRANCE
Match 6: Team AMETHERA vs Team GUINEA

Play Details:

Moblist now posted.
Support Cap remains at 100
Main team Size: 4
Support Unlimited.

NAMES OF ALL HUNTING PLAYERS NEED TO BE RECORDED, PLEASE HAVE THE INFORMATION READY TO PASS TO YOUR JUDGE.

Good luck to all teams and see you at the Start!

Hurrikane

Hello, team Guinea,

Let me start by congratulating all players on this team (main and support) on their strong performance and qualifying scores.

the Team France is available to hunt for the next two weeks (last slot come next week) time slots :

sat. 14 19 :00 MA TIME OR Sun 15 12 :00 MA TIME (only 1 / weekend)
and
sat. 21 19 :00 MA TIME OR Sun 22 12 :00 MA TIME (only 1 / weekend)

Theses time slots are proposed to all 3 other team in same group so the 1st answers will be serve

Thanks for answer me here (or in France team post) your choise.

I wish you the best of luck in Stage Four and beyond!

Sweetyxx (captain of team France)

Team GUINEA and team France will FIGHT this Saturday 14 February 2015 19:00 MA TIME

This means team Guinea needs all our friends to come shoot support with us.

Meet up to sort out support teams will be 30 min before match starts on the beach at Nymphtown. Hope to see everyone there.

Team GUINEA and team France will FIGHT this Saturday 14 February 2015 19:00 MA TIME

:handgun:I will be there! :handgun:

Oh, cool its on the 14th. So yeah, I may not be able to participate. Being Valentine's and all, I have to be a dutiful boyfriend.

Oh, cool its on the 14th. So yeah, I may not be able to participate. Being Valentine's and all, I have to be a dutiful boyfriend.

Wait, what?!? VDay is the same day? Damn, thanks for the heads up!

Anyway, I'm sure that Summergirl will understand and I'll be there! :handgun:

;-)

This is to inform everyone involved with team Guinea that we will not be continuing in WoF. This decision has been made because our core team no longer feels confident that this will be a fair and fun competition.

Thank you to all of those who have helped and those who were about to join us.

NOTE TO ALL OPPONENTS: TEAM WITHDRAWN.

All matches due to feature Team Guinea will still be played with Team Guinea scoring 0 (unless they attend).

Hurrikane

yup. sadly its true.
Wof is not fair.
Cheating judge and Event creator that cant even read logs and on top off that insults our captain.
Was fun to the point when we realised this. Since its endorsed by MA, chat logs and ppls behaviour (cheating and insulting) have been discussed with dev. Hopefully this is 1st and last time they will endorse it.
Anyhow all ppl in guinea have been great and u all did a wonderful job.

Love u all / Blobb

yup. sadly its true.
Wof is not fair.
Cheating judge and Event creator that cant even read logs and on top off that insults our captain.
Was fun to the point when we realised this. Since its endorsed by MA, chat logs and ppls behaviour (cheating and insulting) have been discussed with dev. Hopefully this is 1st and last time they will endorse it.
Anyhow all ppl in guinea have been great and u all did a wonderful job.

Love u all / Blobb

I have seen chat logs of your captain in WOF non-related case (it was about some space PVP) and I was honestly shocked by his behavior. (Childish to the point where it was becoming ridiculous).

But I must agree WOF sux :D, we as team Czech could not play one match due to technical reasons. And no wildcard option, basically they told us, bye.. you missed one match, it's your end and we are not even going to discuss it with you.

So yeah, WOF is un-fair competition since they allowed non-existing countries to fight together under non-existing names.. (Uh, your team is actually the same bullshit). And even then, to completely kill the small teams, they canceled wildcards to make it even better for big teams (It's different if one person is missing in team USA and if one person is missing in team Czech right?).

All respect to Hurrikane, but with his time allowance, it was supposed to be organized by someone else. And the rules were supposed to be made fair.

With current stupid rules, it's like any other bullshit event MA is throwing at us every week.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I am and I will still be very dissapointed, because WOF was before the best event the Entropia ever had. But unfortunately few bad decissions and changes to rules made it just a stupid hunting even of non-existing countries, with no real motivation for people to really fight for their country!

EDIT: I am sorry, missunderstood who the captain of team Guinea was .), feeling about WOF stays :p

Last edited:
Our team captain is infact a she
Real countrys? like amathera, dach and similar???
We made this team since USA,UK,Sweden and i dunno i guess most countries teams are made up
completely by noobs with attributepoints u can find by scanning a OJ at sweatcamp. (u can chip a noob out of
sweatcamp but u can never take the sweatcamp out off the noob.)

There are people that do and there are people that don't and then moan, you are one of the latter. Over the years I have been impressed that Hurrikane has organised and run such a great event. It is a very hard thing to do especially with all of the odd personalities in EU. He has always tried to make it as fair as possible and is still a great event.

You could not even organise or run a pale imitation of this event and if you want to quit then be a quitter but there is no need to be so poisionous about an event you no longer have any interest in.

Peace and Love

Zyloc

There are people that do and there are people that don't and then moan, you are one of the latter. Over the years I have been impressed that Hurrikane has organised and run such a great event. It is a very hard thing to do especially with all of the odd personalities in EU. He has always tried to make it as fair as possible and is still a great event.

You could not even organise or run a pale imitation of this event and if you want to quit then be a quitter but there is no need to be so poisionous about an event you no longer have any interest in.

Peace and Love

Zyloc

There is no reason for you to come into OUR team thread and speak about that which you have no knowledge. You clearly do NOT know what happened, and how hard our captain worked to try and resolve the issue peacefully. She was ignored over and over again despite overwhelming evidence in her favor. Why do you think we resorted to withdrawing despite our high rankings in the tournament?

There is no reason for you to come into OUR team thread and speak about that which you have no knowledge. You clearly do NOT know what happened, and how hard our captain worked to try and resolve the issue peacefully. She was ignored over and over again despite overwhelming evidence in her favor. Why do you think we resorted to withdrawing despite our high rankings in the tournament?

Apologies :ahh: ... you are right it is not my business ... just think Hurrikane gets a very hard time when trying to do a very difficult job in organising WoF ( and every year he gets slated for something ) ... I withdraw my comment

Zyloc

Apologies :ahh: ... you are right it is not my business ... just think Hurrikane gets a very hard time when trying to do a very difficult job in organising WoF ( and every year he gets slated for something ) ... I withdraw my comment

Zyloc

I understand the difficulty in organizing WoF, and the issue wasn't JUST with Hurrikane - but with other judges as well who just shrugged of obvious errors and didn't care to properly address the situation because it would have just too inconvenient...

Yes, the issues arose because of MindArks AWFUL server connections errors during Round 3, but we were not treated equal to our opponent, who was allowed to retain points gained during a stoppage while we were abiding by the stoppage.

I'm not saying it isn't your business, I believe it's everybody's business to understand why WoF is a crock. I'm just saying that before people comment or attack anyone, they ought to know exactly what happened.

Yes, the issues arose because of MindArks AWFUL server connections errors during Round 3, but we were not treated equal to our opponent, who was allowed to retain points gained during a stoppage while we were abiding by the stoppage.

I'm just saying that before people comment or attack anyone, they ought to know exactly what happened.

I agree so just in the interest of clarity can I just add that its not that Australia didnt 'abide' the stoppage we just didn't get it so we carried in cluelessly.

Not saying you are being deliberately misleading Rave just wanted that clarified so people realise we were both put in a difficult situation and there -as far as I know- is no issue between the teams competing that day.

I'm sorry you guys felt you couldn't continue,I think you could have given the comp a real shake up.

I'd just like to say that if this is all because you think Australia were given points, or allowed to use the cap they got after the stop, then it's a mistaken protest because Australia were recorded as 13 points behind the cap, which they were told to get, and did, after the restart. It was DISCUSSED whether they should have to as it seemed obvious they would get the 13 points again but that's all that happened; the rules were abided by.

The last thing I want is for the scoring to be called into question; that's why we have a judge per team, chat logs to check and of course all the data is also available to teams to check for themselves. I truly don't see or suspect any impropriety in your match or any other.

I hope to see you back in the WoF in the future. If you wish to continue in this Tournament you may of course return for your remaining matches.

Hurrikane

I agree so just in the interest of clarity can I just add that its not that Australia didnt 'abide' the stoppage we just didn't get it so we carried in cluelessly.

Not saying you are being deliberately misleading Rave just wanted that clarified so people realise we were both put in a difficult situation and there -as far as I know- is no issue between the teams competing that day.

I'm sorry you guys felt you couldn't continue,I think you could have given the comp a real shake up.

I'm not accusing Australia of purposely doing anything, nor do I agree with us withdrawing from the competition. Even as a main shooter, I can only abide by our captain's choice which was supported by the rest of the main team.

But the lack of communication and lack of timely response afterwards is what the issue comes down to. Obviously, we would have lost by a small margin, so it's about the principal of how everything was handled. Also, I know that points were scored after the time was started again - but when I first checked EL logs personally, it looked like 1 or 2 main team globals occurred after the stoppage - which is far more significant than support cap.

Either way, I'd prefer to keep shooting - but alas I cannot.

Also, I know that points were scored after the time was started again - but when I first checked EL logs personally, it looked like 1 or 2 main team globals occurred after the stoppage - which is far more significant than support cap.

Well, there's part of the misconception, right there. When the Eudoria vs Wales match was occurring, we had the same FUBAR situation arise. I have checked my chat logs against EL, and on that day, during the "BIG LAG", EL and chat logs were nowhere near being in sync. For example, Eudoria scored on an ituma.

Here's the line from my chat log, unedited:

2014-12-14 18:19:52 [Globals] [] Team "WoF Eudoria Main" killed a creature (Itumatrox Dominant) with a value of 121 PED!

Here's what EL recorded:

Itumatrox Dominant 121 PED Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:24:17

Itumatrox Dominant 121 PED Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:30:49

As you can see, EL recorded the global twice ( we got credit for it one time) and the time difference between the first recording and the chat log is 5 minutes.

In face, we got 3 globals on ituma during that time, with the last one recorded in chat log at 18:23, whereas the last recorded on EL was 18:36.

Even on normal days, there is discrepancy between EU time and EL time. This past Sunday, in EU time, Eudoria recorded a mulaak'f swirl at 20:04:32. EL recorded it at 20:05:40. Over a minute difference, where there wasn't the BIG LAG happening.

I can assure you, EL is NOT used for scoring. Chat logs are, and multiple chat logs are used. Judges have to e-mail their chat logs to Hurrikane (at least covering from match start to match end). These chat logs are compared, and looked over to ensure the fairest possible scoring.

Sorry to see Team Guinea bow out of the match, but please don't blame your desire to leave the WoF on unfair scoring and scoring practices.

Sorry to see Team Guinea bow out of the match, but please don't blame your desire to leave the WoF on unfair scoring and scoring practices.

I had no desire to leave WoF lol. I realize EL isn't used for scoring, but there are also issues with chat logs because of latency too. The fact is, there were SOME points scored during the stoppage, and when the issue was brought up by our captain is was largely ignored for the longest time. That isn't a proper way to address issues brought up by captains. The team decided to withdraw because of how it was handled, not because of the outcome.

It is still being ignored even after chatlogs were posted with the problem outlined but i guess its a lack
off brainactivity or most likely pride wich makes ppl blind to the fact

Back