Sityl's 10k Argo Hunting Log

Run #20: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 10000/10000 (100%)

Weapon Value Loss = 16.00 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 89.99 PED
Ammo Spent (Total) = 430.06 PED
Armor Decay = 3.39 PED
FAP Decay = 0.00 PED

Cost = 539.44 PED
Total Cost = 10631.87 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 680.44 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 10757.93 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= +141.00 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 126.1%

Overall Return (Net)= +126.06
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 101.2%

I'm relieved that I'm done, and I'm shocked that I ended up with 101.2% TT return! I was hoping at onset to pull off 90%. Three globals this run for 47 PED, 46 PED, and 32 PED. This last run I kept my calculator up and added any time there was a loot larger than 2x the cost to kill the mob (rounded to the nearest half PED), and I ended up with 390.5 PED. That combined with otherwise decent returns even on normal kills, gave me one of my better runs yet and ended up letting me get over 100% TT return! Took the combat reflexes reward, am now Evader level 8.18, and it increased my HP to 110!

I think I'm going to take a bit of a break for a day or two, have fun killing with mindforce or melee, but I'm open to suggestions on which challenge to do next. Should I go for Bronze Argo, or is there another challenge you'd recommend? Thanks so much to everyone who followed my log and gave encouragement and input. If you have any suggestions or ideas let me know!

Notable Loot: None.

Final skills:

Evader: 8.18
Ranged BLD (Dmg): 22.89
BLP Sniper (Hit) 26.47

Last edited:
Careful equipment tweaking, tracking and patience seem to be the key to success in EU. I took the same path and I reached quite far with minimal investment.

My advice is to not strain from this path by doing "fun" stuff or you will regret it.

You had a small victory but didn't won the war.

I wouldn't recommend to do the bronze argo challenge yet since those mobs might be a bit tougher for you. Look into fouls or molisk. There should be a decent spawn somewhere and both of those mobs should drop decent markup. Just imagine the markup you would gain after +33k mobs from foul bones and molisk teeth if you get a good tt return :eyecrazy:

In time with patience you will reach the level where you hunt fun mobs. You will realize that the fun part is very subjective. After a while you get so used to big mobs as well.

If you want to skill some other professions find a way to integrate them in your hunting routine. For example, tag with corrosive MF chip which has a very big range, high dmg interval but slow reload. Even if you crit, you won't risk over damaging the mob since it's full HP. Finish with melee or use laser/blp. As long as you avoid over killing, reduce defensive costs as much as possible and avoid paying high markup on gear you should be fine.

Listen to Adi, he speaks the truth. Would also recommend foul, I ground them for ages in the way back. The even dropped me my first HoF, 300 ped-ish iirc.

Careful equipment tweaking, tracking and patience seem to be the key to success in EU. I took the same path and I reached quite far with minimal investment.

My advice is to not strain from this path by doing "fun" stuff or you will regret it.

You had a small victory but didn't won the war.

I wouldn't recommend to do the bronze argo challenge yet since those mobs might be a bit tougher for you. Look into fouls or molisk. There should be a decent spawn somewhere and both of those mobs should drop decent markup. Just imagine the markup you would gain after +33k mobs from foul bones and molisk teeth if you get a good tt return :eyecrazy:

In time with patience you will reach the level where you hunt fun mobs. You will realize that the fun part is very subjective. After a while you get so used to big mobs as well.

If you want to skill some other professions find a way to integrate them in your hunting routine. For example, tag with corrosive MF chip which has a very big range, high dmg interval but slow reload. Even if you crit, you won't risk over damaging the mob since it's full HP. Finish with melee or use laser/blp. As long as you avoid over killing, reduce defensive costs as much as possible and avoid paying high markup on gear you should be fine.

Listen to Adi, he speaks the truth. Would also recommend foul, I ground them for ages in the way back. The even dropped me my first HoF, 300 ped-ish iirc.

A day it two of uneconomical hunting won't be the end of the world. As long as you don't expect a profit.

Foul and molisk are nice because of the bones and teeth (respectively) but I feel longu are a great mission to complete since they are all impact I believe or impact cut. Easy to kill too and they globaled quite often for me when I hunted them

Another good choice might be Combibo. The stakers on the LA east of Shinook Jungle are quite fun and usually pretty dense. should be fairly easy with something like emik 260 ib you have at least level 12 blp pistoleer skills wearing adj pixie with maybe 2a plates. MU isn't the best from them but you get some Chakira LR3 progress which always seem to sell in the auction fairly quickly.

CG :yay: with completing mission. I would advice you to try molisks since its not kinda "way back" like in case of fouls.
I totaly envy you cause im at 9240/10,000 atm and aprox -400 ped in TT :(

GL with next mission!!!

CG :yay: with completing mission. I would advice you to try molisks since its not kinda "way back" like in case of fouls.
I totaly envy you cause im at 9240/10,000 atm and aprox -400 ped in TT :(

GL with next mission!!!

I've been trying all day to decide between foul, molisk or longu. (Combibo is an interesting idea also).

In the end, I think the best choice between loot drops and quest reward is going to be molisk.

Thanks for the well wishes, DiXeCZ, hope you get a nice HOF as you wrap up your mission.

Stay tuned for Sityl's molisk adventures! Currently 22 out of 500, so I think I'll wrap up that quest and start logging the next mission.

P.S. Anyone have a location recommendation?

I've been trying all day to decide between foul, molisk or longu. (Combibo is an interesting idea also).

In the end, I think the best choice between loot drops and quest reward is going to be molisk.

Thanks for the well wishes, DiXeCZ, hope you get a nice HOF as you wrap up your mission.

Stay tuned for Sityl's molisk adventures! Currently 22 out of 500, so I think I'll wrap up that quest and start logging the next mission.

P.S. Anyone have a location recommendation?

Try to get a weapon with a little range and you should be able to hunt without armor and fap. I tried a few earlier (young and adult) and they would die before they reached me. Used a maxed Marcorp-4 + A104.

south of megavolt tp on the other side of the ridge is where i grind molisks (on the 10k now).

There is plenty of them at megavolt but the terrain makes it difficult to hunt them in my opinion (at least if you, as you stated, try to avoid having more than 1 mob on you).
Other than that its great. :)

south of megavolt tp on the other side of the ridge is where i grind molisks (on the 10k now).

This place is very dense and mixed maturities! Good luck on what ever mission you decide to take on :)

Back