Sityl's 10k Argo Hunting Log

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
Hey guys, killing 10,000 Argonauts is going to take a long time, so I figured I'd keep a log to motivate myself to finish. Doing this for the Combat Reflexes reward so I can stop getting hit all the time. Evade Level 6.5 at start (was 3.x before the 5,000 quest, so I'm really looking forward to next reward.)

I'm hunting northwest of Twin Peaks, generally sticking along the roads to give myself a good view distance (avoiding hilly areas nearby). Most Argos are level 5 or 7, occasional lvl 8, rare level 10. I saw two level 17s during my 5000 kill mission, but none so far this run.

Gear Setup
I'm currently using CalyTrek CR Soul Mk. III (L) as main weapon along with a Fi/Ra/Co Beast unlimited amp. My kill weapon is my Z12 Barbarella amped with ZX Sinkadus. For armor I'm using full Harrier Assault, Adjusted armor and I have 5 out of 7 Mark.5b plates (just don't own 7). My FAP is 10-Pulse Unit (looks like "IO" in-game, but entropedia lists it as "10").

Run #1: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 500/10000 (5%)

Weapon Value Loss = 27.10 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 94.18 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 391.61 PED
Armor Decay = 5.90 PED
FAP Decay = 0.71 PED

Total Cost = 519.50 PED

TT Return = 558.36 PED

Overall Return = +38.86 PED
Overall TT % Return = 107.5%

Thoughts on the run. Surprised at coming out ahead, based on results from the 5k mission, but it's a good start. I had three globals (32 PED, 31 PED, and 31 PED) and several decent loots ranging from 5 to 20 PED. I'm sure the next few runs will get me back below 100% TT, but happy for now.

Notable Loot: NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant 5.86 PED.

Hey guys, killing 10,000 Argonauts is going to take a long time, so I figured I'd keep a log to motivate myself to finish. Doing this for the Combat Reflexes reward so I can stop getting hit all the time. Evade Level 6.5 at start (was 3.x before the 5,000 quest, so I'm really looking forward to next reward.)

I'm hunting northwest of Twin Peaks, generally sticking along the roads to give myself a good view distance (avoiding hilly areas nearby). Most Argos are level 5 or 7, occasional lvl 8, rare level 10. I saw two level 17s during my 5000 kill mission, but none so far this run.

Gear Setup
I'm currently using CalyTrek CR Soul Mk. III (L) as main weapon along with a Fi/Ra/Co Beast unlimited amp. My kill weapon is my Z12 Barbarella amped with ZX Sinkadus. For armor I'm using full Harrier Assault, Adjusted armor and I have 5 out of 7 Mark.5b plates (just don't own 7). My FAP is 10-Pulse Unit (looks like "IO" in-game, but entropedia lists it as "10").

Run #1: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 500/10000 (5%)

Weapon Value Loss = 27.10 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 94.18 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 391.61 PED
Armor Decay = 5.90 PED
FAP Decay = 0.71 PED

Total Cost = 519.50 PED

TT Return = 558.36 PED

Overall Return = +38.86 PED
Overall TT % Return = 107.5%

Thoughts on the run. Surprised at coming out ahead, based on results from the 5k mission, but it's a good start. I had three globals (32 PED, 31 PED, and 31 PED) and several decent loots ranging from 5 to 20 PED. I'm sure the next few runs will get me back below 100% TT, but happy for now.

Notable Loot: NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant 5.86 PED.

I'm curious to see if the 5b plates are more eco than just using a base armor.. say Rascal or adj pixie instead? I have a rascal set (M) I can let you loan for collateral if you'd like to test

Following :)

Could you add time spent as well? I am interested in knowing approximately how long the mission takes to finish.

Run #2: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 1000/10000 (10%)

Weapon Value Loss = 26.92 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 94.00 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 386.11 PED
Armor Decay = 5.89 PED
FAP Decay = 0.05 PED

Cost = 512.97 PED
Total Cost = 1032.47 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 530.07 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 1088.43 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= +17.10 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 103.3%

Overall Return (Net)= +55.96
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 105.4%

Thoughts on the run. One Global this time, but it was a nice one, 48 PED (see below). I again had several 5 PED to 24 PED loots that didn't count as a Global but still managed to keep me afloat. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop, but off to a decent start. FAP decay was REALLY low, barely had to FAP the entire run, had enough natural regeneration to keep me up most of the time.

Notable Loot: Jaguar Thigh Guards (M, L) 41.06 PED
Regeneration Chip I 7.00 PED

P.S. Hypnotik, that's a really kind offer. Unfortunately, my avatar is female. I feel like I get pretty decent economy, my main problem is low Evader skill (for now).

P.P.S. WhiningSkeptic, I wasn't sure, so I did a short tally, killed 40 in 13 minutes. I get interrupted a lot, so take frequent breaks and couldn't get a longer test done, but with average dps, and uninterupted, it seems like it'd take about 55 hours to kill 10,000.

Run #2: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 1000/10000 (10%)

Weapon Value Loss = 26.92 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 94.00 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 386.11 PED
Armor Decay = 5.89 PED
FAP Decay = 0.05 PED

Cost = 512.97 PED
Total Cost = 1032.47 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 530.07 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 1088.43 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= +17.10 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 103.3%

Overall Return (Net)= +55.96
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 105.4%

Thoughts on the run. One Global this time, but it was a nice one, 48 PED (see below). I again had several 5 PED to 24 PED loots that didn't count as a Global but still managed to keep me afloat. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop, but off to a decent start. FAP decay was REALLY low, barely had to FAP the entire run, had enough natural regeneration to keep me up most of the time.

Notable Loot: Jaguar Thigh Guards (M, L) 41.06 PED
Regeneration Chip I 7.00 PED

P.S. Hypnotik, that's a really kind offer. Unfortunately, my avatar is female. I feel like I get pretty decent economy, my main problem is low Evader skill (for now).

P.P.S. WhiningSkeptic, I wasn't sure, so I did a short tally, killed 40 in 13 minutes. I get interrupted a lot, so take frequent breaks and couldn't get a longer test done, but with average dps, and uninterupted, it seems like it'd take about 55 hours to kill 10,000.

I believe I have a F set as well, I'd have to check if you're interested

I believe I have a F set as well, I'd have to check if you're interested

I looked on Entropedia's armor adviser, and you're probably right. Looks like adjusted pixie with no plates is best for level 5s and 7s, 8s and 10s, rascal with no plates is also really good for 7s.

I had hoped the armor set I had would be economical enough, but it looks like it may be a good idea to invest into adjusted pixie set.

I looked on Entropedia's armor adviser, and you're probably right. Looks like adjusted pixie with no plates is best for level 5s and 7s, 8s and 10s, rascal with no plates is also really good for 7s.

I had hoped the armor set I had would be economical enough, but it looks like it may be a good idea to invest into adjusted pixie set.

You get a free set from finishing a mentorship, so if you haven't had a mentor yet.. you might want to consider finding one :) No point in investing into an armor that you can get for free after finishing your mentorship.

Catch me in game or I'll come find you and we can get you setup to get the free armor.

Run #3: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 1500/10000 (15%)

Weapon Value Loss = 29.67 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 92.94 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 384.73 PED
Armor Decay = 4.73 PED
FAP Decay = 0.50 PED

Cost = 512.57 PED
Total Cost = 1545.04 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 481.32 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 1569.75 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -31.25 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 93.9%

Overall Return (Net)= +24.71
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 101.6%

Thoughts on the run. The shoe dropped. :) I knew it was going to be a rough run when, 3 mobs in, I realized I had forgot to attack my beast amp so the mob had time to get me down to half health. Then, as I was unequipping the weapon to attach the amp, a level 17 Argonaut Hunter spawned on top of me and one-shot me. Actually got killed by two different Argo Hunters this run. No globals. Very few (maybe four?) loots above normal value, a TON of half, or quarter value drops (in terms of tt pumped in versus loot). I'm actually quite surprised, and happy, that the losses weren't worse considering how badly this run went. Armor decay actual went down because about 25% of the way in, I upgraded to a CalyTrek CR Soul mk.IV which has the exact same stats as the mk.III except it shoots 20% faster. Going to be looking into buying Adjust Pixie set, since Entopedia shows it is more efficient for the Argonauts. (Already did my mentorship, but sold the set when I cashed out last year). Thanks, Hypnotyk, for that idea.

Notable Loot: Arsonistic Chip I (L) - 12.20 PED

Run #4: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 2000/10000 (20%)

Weapon Value Loss = 28.56 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 93.07 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 380.99 PED
Armor Decay = 0.78 PED
FAP Decay = 2.30 PED

Cost = 505.70 PED
Total Cost = 2050.74 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 487.11 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 2056.86 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -18.59
Run TT % Return (Net)= 96.3%

Overall Return (Net)= +6.12
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 100.3%

Thoughts on the run. I took out the .5b plates to see if they were cost effective. I ended up spending almost half in armor+FAP costs by just FAPing through the increased damage. That being said, I died 4 times, mostly because I'm not used to needing to FAP so much. I don't enjoy the FAP play style vs wearing armor and steamrolling mobs, but I'm gonna have to stuck with the more efficient method. I had three globals, 35 PED, 41 PED, 30 PED, but still only managed 96.3% return TT, not sure why, three feels like a large number of globals to me for only 500 kills. Lots of cool notable loots this time, though. What does a Synchronization Chip do?

Notable Loot: Regeneration Chip I (L) 7.00 PED
Regeneration Chip I (L) 7.00 PED
Corrosive Attack Nanochip I (L) 9.00 PED
NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant 4.19 PED
Synchronization Chip I (L) 9.50 PED

Run #5: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 2500/10000 (25%) I only now have to repeat exactly all of the work I put into the 2500 and the 5000 missions, and I'll have finished this one mission. :p

Weapon Value Loss = 29.62 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 96.52 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 387.59 PED
Armor Decay = 0.77 PED
FAP Decay = 3.21 PED

Cost = 517.71 PED
Total Cost = 2568.45 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 560.27 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 2617.13PED

Run TT Return (Net)= +42.56
Run TT % Return (Net)= 108.2%%

Overall Return (Net)= +48.68
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 101.9%

Thoughts on the run. Great run! Had four globals, for value of 27 PED, 58 PED, 40 PED, 41 PED. I've decided I do want a set of Adjusted Pixie (F) to finish with, so if anyone happens to be selling let me know.

Notable Loot: MarCorp Kallous-3 (L) - 37.00 PED
Regeneration Chip I (L) - 7.00 PED
Regeneration Chip I (L) - 7.00 PED

At this point, I'm sitting on five regeneration chips from this mission, so if anyone wants them for TT+0.5, I'd much rather give them to someone who will use them rather just than TT them.

First run with new loot system absolutely atrocious. I was planning on buying 2 of the $100 ammo packages tomorrow (pay day). Now I'm thinking of quitting the game. 500 kills, and I got about 20% of ped spent returned as stuff other than ammo. The person who came up with this idea should be fired.

I'm nauseous and thinking of cashing out.

First run with new loot system absolutely atrocious. I was planning on buying 2 of the $100 ammo packages tomorrow (pay day). Now I'm thinking of quitting the game. 500 kills, and I got about 20% of ped spent returned as stuff other than ammo. The person who came up with this idea should be fired.

Yes but what was your return rate cause what does it matter if you got items or just ammo if you are breaking even at least?

I am sorry you feel bad about your run, but logic and comments like this seriously the reason MA are scared to make real changes that change the economy.

Your loot had no markup to begin with. It's only day 2, MU hasn't changed in accordance with supply yet. You will see.

I am sorry you feel bad about your run, but logic and comments like this seriously the reason MA are scared to make real changes that change the economy.

Your loot had no markup to begin with. It's only day 2, MU hasn't changed in accordance with supply yet. You will see.

I certainly hope you are right, but I have strong doubts. I was doing just fine getting an extra 7-10 ped on my ~200-250 ped sales of muscle oil. Now argos don't drop it. They drop eye oil which has seen no change at all in value (I sold my last batch for an extra 23 pec after broker fee on ~120 ped worth), and electronic components, which I posted before the change at a very low markup and still hasn't sold.

No hides which I was able to sell for some markup. I'll admit this is a small sample size, but this was my first run with literally NOTHING notable dropped. You can only kill so many mobs when you've just pumped 1.2 ped into them and you see 0.08 shrapnel and 0.12 ammo before you start to wonder what is the point. And what is the point? Ok, I didn't get a global in 500 kills, that's happened before and will again, but even when I do, why am I going to care about a global of ammo? At least in the past most of my globals were muscle oil which had a modicum of markup.

P.S. I will post the exact numbers from the run when I get home (don't have them in front of me) but it was late last night when I finished and looking at the ~100 ped discrepancy with literally no hope for any markup, I just couldn't deal with it right then.

Last edited:
Maybe because your luck ran out of fuel on your last runs .. You were or are on green so ... don't complain too much :yay:

I certainly hope you are right, but I have strong doubts. I was doing just fine getting an extra 7-10 ped on my ~200-250 ped sales of muscle oil. Now argos don't drop it. They drop eye oil which has seen no change at all in value (I sold my last batch for an extra 23 pec after broker fee on ~120 ped worth), and electronic components, which I posted before the change at a very low markup and still hasn't sold.

No hides which I was able to sell for some markup. I'll admit this is a small sample size, but this was my first run with literally NOTHING notable dropped. You can only kill so many mobs when you've just pumped 1.2 ped into them and you see 0.08 shrapnel and 0.12 ammo before you start to wonder what is the point. And what is the point? Ok, I didn't get a global in 500 kills, that's happened before and will again, but even when I do, why am I going to care about a global of ammo? At least in the past most of my globals were muscle oil which had a modicum of markup.

P.S. I will post the exact numbers from the run when I get home (don't have them in front of me) but it was late last night when I finished and looking at the ~100 ped discrepancy with literally no hope for any markup, I just couldn't deal with it right then.

Lets look at what you are actually saying.

In reality, there is about 2% between eye oil and muscle oil currently to be fair. But if you want Muscle oil, hunt a mob that drops muscle oil. That's how it always should have worked. It's a basic concept really in any mmorpg, you hunt something for a specific loot.

You have options and reasons now: If you hunt for skills, do a iron quest. If you hunt for specific loot, hunt a specific mob. If you hunt a mob because it's your favorite mob: well, go ahead.

As for speculation on the future, I do expect a lot of stuff to increase in value, especially oils, since they are just harder to get now. Not particularly harder to get the same volumes of, but you can't just 'incidentally' loot hundreds of peds worth of muscle oil whilst hunting argos, as an example. You can still get 100s of peds worth, you just hunt a different mob.

Eye oil will increase too, but it depends on crafters, blue prints, and ultimately, which equipments are popular that determine the MU of demand for resources.

The real challenge MA face is how to get people to buy crafted items, the solution would be to remove (L) items from hunting loot, but then it wouldn't be as exciting. I would suggest a system where you can loot 'rusty/malfunctioning' (L) gear which is less efficient than the crafted counterpart,but there should be a "convert" option where the TT of the looted item is converted into resources used to make that item, possibly at a 100:101 ratio.

This way you get the thrill of looting an item, without stagnating economy.

Lets look at what you are actually saying.

In reality, there is about 2% between eye oil and muscle oil currently to be fair. But if you want Muscle oil, hunt a mob that drops muscle oil. That's how it always should have worked. It's a basic concept really in any mmorpg, you hunt something for a specific loot.

You have options and reasons now: If you hunt for skills, do a iron quest. If you hunt for specific loot, hunt a specific mob. If you hunt a mob because it's your favorite mob: well, go ahead.

As for speculation on the future, I do expect a lot of stuff to increase in value, especially oils, since they are just harder to get now. Not particularly harder to get the same volumes of, but you can't just 'incidentally' loot hundreds of peds worth of muscle oil whilst hunting argos, as an example. You can still get 100s of peds worth, you just hunt a different mob.

Eye oil will increase too, but it depends on crafters, blue prints, and ultimately, which equipments are popular that determine the MU of demand for resources.

The real challenge MA face is how to get people to buy crafted items, the solution would be to remove (L) items from hunting loot, but then it wouldn't be as exciting. I would suggest a system where you can loot 'rusty/malfunctioning' (L) gear which is less efficient than the crafted counterpart,but there should be a "convert" option where the TT of the looted item is converted into resources used to make that item, possibly at a 100:101 ratio.

This way you get the thrill of looting an item, without stagnating economy.

Everything you say makes sense. Let me clarify that a lot of my consternation comes from the fact that there has been no change yet in markup, meaning hunting, in the short term at least, just got a major nerf. Clearly, I will have to switch mobs if I want a more valuable oil, but I'm stuck with argos for the mission, the only reason I'm upset about the nerf to drops is that the markup was helping me maintain a bankroll in order to finish the 10k mission.

I had a bad run, and those are definitely expected, had had great runs till run #6, so I'm okay with that, it's just the combination of low tt this run, severely nerfed markup on what I did get, and the not knowing if tt returns have been tampered with on the change. Prior, I had confidence that while I'll have good runs and bad, I'll likely get around 90% return, and I was okay with this. I've been very nervous that they may have actually changed the base amount of return in addition to destroying markup item drop %. This will likely not be the case, but all of these concerns combined with the lateness at which I finished the last run soured me greatly on the fun I had been having previously in EU.

I thank you all for your input, I agree with what everyone says, and appreciate your continued optimism that the market will correct itself given enough time. The poor run, low tt return + lower markup as well as lack of sleep really all combined together to make me very nervous last night.

Cheers!

-Sityl

Just remember that you had six great runs. Even if the next run and the run after that are bad, it doesn't mean a thing. That would most likely be the nature of randomness leveling things out. :wise:

Best of luck on the next run!

Run #6: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 3000/10000 (30%) Okay, sorry about the loot change panic! This was a bad run, was long over due for it given the previous five runs.

Weapon Value Loss = 28.66 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 95.82 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 377.18 PED
Armor Decay = 0.88 PED
FAP Decay = 3.72 PED

Cost = 506.26 PED
Total Cost = 3092.71 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 399.80 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 3016.33 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -106.46
Run TT % Return (Net)= 79.0%

Overall Return (Net)= -76.38
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 97.5%

Thoughts on the run. Bad run. No globals, and only three loots managed to climb into the 5-15 PED range (all ammo or some eye oil). Bad runs are going to happen, but still overall I've got a good return of 97.5%. As long as the TT value of return wasn't messed with during the recent loot changes, I'm optimistic that things will be better in the next couple of runs.

Notable Loot: None.

Run #7: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 3500/10000 (35%)

Weapon Value Loss = 28.89 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 96.65 PED
Ammo Spent (Total) = 377.18 PED
Armor Decay = 3.93 PED
FAP Decay = 0.29 PED

Cost = 559.01 PED
Total Cost = 3651.72 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 479.62 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 3495.95 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -79.39
Run TT % Return (Net)= 85.8%

Overall Return (Net)= -155.77
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 95.7%

Thoughts on the run. You'll see that the ammo cost was total, not net as it had been. That's because this run I used universal ammo, so I was able to calculate exact amount rather than net amount of ammo change. One global, 33 PED, half of it was eye oil, the other half ammo, so it was something at least. Still wasn't near enough to even out or even achieve 90% return for the run. There's two way to look at the last two runs. The logical way, which states that I had been having such great returns on the first 5 runs that I was due for a bad couple of runs, or the crazy way which notes that the fast change in return amounts exactly coincided with the loot changes. I'm fairly certain (and desperately hoping) that the logical way is the correct one.

Notable Loot: NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant 10.11 PED. So at least we know these still drop off of argos.

Keep at it and the numbers will turn green soon enough!

Don't forget to note the MU when your stuff sells and that there is a big batch of skills waiting for you once you reach 10k.

I myself will most likely pretend that my last run didn't happen...

My runs since the update are all 60 to 70%.

Good luck

Run #8: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 4000/10000 (40%) I swapped to Adjusted Pixie armor last run, its repair is somewhat less than I had been paying in FAP repair and armor decay before and it's much smoother that it was when I had to take breaks to FAP and it's nice to no longer die to ninja spawns. I unlocked ranged damage assessment at the very end of the last run, so my Ranged BLP (Dmg) shot from level 18 to level 18.99 in about 550 kills, which is MUCH faster than it had been advancing previously.

Weapon Value Loss = 29.14 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 95.53 PED
Ammo Spent (Total) = 424.66 PED
Armor Decay = 3.56 PED
FAP Decay = 0.13 PED

Cost = 553.35 PED
Total Cost = 4205.07 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 485.72 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 3981.67 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -67.63 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 87.8%

Overall Return (Net)= -223.40 PED
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 94.7%

Thoughts on the run. No globals, nothing of interest dropped. I'm optimistic about this next run. I know that it's a logical fallacy to assume that because I've had a run of bad luck it means I'm now due for good luck, since each loot roll is independant and has no memory of previous results, but I don't care, I'm due now, and by golly I'm gonna have a good run now. :p

P.S. Thanks for the pep talk, WhiningSkeptic. BBpunisher, I'm sorry to hear you've also been having bad runs since the loot changes. Good luck to both of you.

Run #9: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 4500/10000 (45%) No CalyTrek Soul Mk.iv's on auction, so had to swap to B.A.M.F. ZK6. Hits harder, but the range is attrocious, so I pulled a lot of mobs at once, and the armor repair shows it. The ZK6 uses a bit less ammo for a bit more decay, so I have more weapon value loss than I usually do. I won't be chosing this weapon again. Decay has markup, ammo doesn't.

Weapon Value Loss = 43.54 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 90.81 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 365.13 PED
Armor Decay = 5.14 PED
FAP Decay = 0.38 PED

Cost = 505.00 PED
Total Cost = 4710.07 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 429.76 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 4411.43 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -75.24 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 85.1%

Overall Return (Net)= -298.64 PED
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 93.7%

Thoughts on the run. No globals. Any experienced hunter who can give me their input on how my returns are looking? 93.7% would be good, but it's more like 80-82% since the loot changes and no real sign of any possible improvement over 5 runs now. I feel like 2500 kills is a long time to go with 2 globals. Maybe just a run of bad luck? Will be half way done later today. Wish me luck.

Notable Loot: Corrosive Attack Nanochip I (L) - 9.00 PED

Run #10: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 5000/10000 (50%) I've changed my kill shot weapon to Ozpyn BP S1X1, hits harder, so there will be a bit more overkill from time to time, but there's a lot less time getting armor/FAP costs while waiting for the monster to die, and I think in the end I come out a bit ahead (see lower costs below). Once again I used universal ammo, so the ammo spent and the tt return are both going to be a bit higher than when I was using net ammo calculations.

Weapon Value Loss = 30.10 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 92.56 PED
Ammo Spent (Total) = 427.62 PED
Armor Decay = 3.96 PED
FAP Decay = 0.05 PED

Cost = 554.29 PED
Total Cost = 5264.36 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 500.36 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 4911.79 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -53.93 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 90.3%

Overall Return (Net)= -352.57 PED
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 93.3%

Thoughts on the run. One global for 41 PED, but it was 100% ammo (literally). I'm half way. REALLY hating the loot changes at the moment.

Argh, I was sure I would see some green numbers again when I came in here. But you are still above 90% TT so according to what I've read you are doing better than expected.

Your losses at the moment seem quite small actually. I don't know what kind of MU your loot has but assuming a third of it is above 105% which would mean you probably are sitting at at least 85 PED of MU in storage. That would leave you with a loss of roughly 265 PED so far.

If we assume the pattern continues you'll end up at -530 PEDs at the end of the mission. This would be slightly higher than the price of chipping the reward in.

Are you tracking your skill gains!?

Let's hope you get at least a small hof during the next run! Good luck!

Thoughts on the run. No globals. Any experienced hunter who can give me their input on how my returns are looking? 93.7% would be good, but it's more like 80-82% since the loot changes and no real sign of any possible improvement over 5 runs now. I feel like 2500 kills is a long time to go with 2 globals. Maybe just a run of bad luck? Will be half way done later today. Wish me luck.

I wouldn't say I am an experienced hunter but I have finished the Bronze Argo mission and during my 26,6K kills (or whatever it is :) ) i had a couple of dry patches with up to 1500 kills without a single global. I understand the frustration but usually (at least in my case) it will take a turn for the better. Hopefully it will for you aswell.

Good luck with the log

Thanks to skeptic and andy for the well wishes and commiseration, I appreciate it! :)

Run #11: 500 kills this run. Total progress = 5500/10000 (55%) Just hit level 20 on BLP Damage, and am REALLY liking the CalyTrek CR Soul mk.V that I can finally use since it's now maxed. Fantastic range and great DPS. With the auto loot pills, I'm able to kill around 195 argos/hour, which is SUCH an improvement over what I was doing when I first started aggros back with my fenris assault shotgun (during the kill 100 mission).

Weapon Value Loss = 29.76 PED
Weapon and Amp Decay = 88.22 PED
Ammo Spent (Net) = 387.40 PED
Armor Decay = 4.26 PED
FAP Decay = 0.25 PED

Cost = 509.89 PED
Total Cost = 5774.25 PED

Run TT Return (Gross)= 451.08 PED
Total TT Return (Gross)= 5362.87 PED

Run TT Return (Net)= -58.81 PED
Run TT % Return (Net)= 88.5%

Overall Return (Net)= -411.38 PED
Overall TT % Return (Net)= 92.9%

Thoughts on the run. One global for 38 PED, partial value gun and the rest shrapnel. Unfortunately, just one global in 500 kids just doesn't let you break even.

Notable Loot: MarCorp Kallous 3 (L) - 23.83 PED
Corrosive Attack Nanochip I (L) - 7.53 PED

Last edited:
Back