Failure IS an Option! (and it's fun!)

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Man if the Cry Engine 2 has destructable buildings, then why can't we have more of this type of mayhem?

In Kerbal Space program, Failue IS an Option!

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Pilot callsign Coyoe)
A.k>a. THe Blind Sniper..

Blowing up IS fun! :p

I loved the Martians :lolup:

We do have destructible trees (in some locations) I remember trees collapsing when I was hunting Allo and Esto near Medusa.

I suppose its all a matter of priorities!

I second this thread! :yay:

A new way of sweating really. Be a hard system to set up but a way that people can repair what others have blown up more or less.

Wow, that's some serious explodification and could probably be seen from the Mun! But...I'm sticking with .23.

Life Imitates Art.. (Really it does)

There's a saying.. Life imitates art imitates Life..

and guess what? if you thought that the Explosings in this game are one thing.. Take a look in real life.. Case in point, tonight's launch from Wallops Island of the Orbital Science\s Antares / Cygnus Rocket bound for the ISS.:

One simple word says it all..

BOOOOOOOOOM@

Well, Murphys Law is alve and well..

Benjamin Ben Coyote "PIlot callsign }Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

There's a saying.. Life imitates art imitates Life..

and guess what? if you thought that the Explosings in this game are one thing.. Take a look in real life.. Case in point, tonight's launch from Wallops Island of the Orbital Science\s Antares / Cygnus Rocket bound for the ISS.:

One simple word says it all..

BOOOOOOOOOM@

Well, Murphys Law is alve and well..

Benjamin Ben Coyote "PIlot callsign }Coyote")
High explosives and lots of parts. = a recipe for big fireworks! :)

Why safety in space flight is so important...

High explosives and lots of parts. = a recipe for big fireworks! :)

Well to put it bluntly, a rocket is nothing more than an enclosed cylinder that is either loaded with gunpowder or some other combustive material, and that has an opening on one end of ti to allow said combustibles
to lave through the opening, at a high rate of velocity in order to propell teh
cylinder forwards.. Any flaw or deviation from said design structure
ends in a result much like that of a firework or a stick of dynamite.
an explosive you could say.

And the more parts and ways to control said Propulsion, the greater the chance , that a failue of any one of the said parts will result in the lost of the rocket in flight

(It's also kind of ironic to note that 24 hours prior to this explosion, there as a sailboad located in the "Safety zone" some 35 miles off the coast from the launch pad. Because it was in the area, the launch was scrubbed.."

Now then, take said rocket, and in stead of failing at 20-30 seconds after launch the rocket failed at say 75 to 90 seconds.. and all the debris traveled down range.. the end result would have been one ship that could ahve been damaged and or destroyed..

so be thankful these guys do check that safety zone before a luanch.. had they not and launched last night and the paramteters been different? Innocent people would ahve died when the rocket debris would ahve endd up near or on that boat..

(I don't think anyone wants a 140 foot long cylinder of explosive and combustive materials raining down on their heads now do they?

Oh and if you think seat belts are for whimps.. put them on anyway.. Cause when your car hits a brick wall or some other item like another vehicle, you become the projectile, and impacting into something would not be a good idea now would it?

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Pilot Callsign "Coyote")

Back