Release Postponed

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Release postponed.[/h] The release scheduled for tomorrow, tuesday October 14, have been postponed due to issues with the backend distribution.
We are working hard on resolving these issues and will get back to you with a new release date as soon as everything is in place.

Regards
/The MindArk development team.

Originally Posted Here

More time to hoard the sweetstuff, hard to imagine the amounts already in the hands of ore buyers.

EDIT: not dropping anymore (or atleast no globies for a week)

Postponed VU threads are becoming a weekly event :laugh:

VU delay No 3

I will be here waiting for pets on 2016! :laugh:

on serious note, rather wait and have less bugs

dcBIkAP.jpg

postponed again:

[h=3]Release postponed.[/h] The release scheduled for tomorrow, tuesday October 14, have been postponed due to issues with the backend distribution.
We are working hard on resolving these issues and will get back to you with a new release date as soon as everything is in place.

Regards
/The MindArk development team.

Originally Posted Here

I was pretty sure that it will happen :)
However, I am afraid of all new, what we can get in eventually :laugh:

So they release stuff fast, people complain about bugs and them not taking time. They openly admit they are having issues and postpone it few weeks so they can fix the bugs PRIOR to release ........ and people complain :scratch2:

So they release stuff fast, people complain about bugs and them not taking time. They openly admit they are having issues and postpone it few weeks so they can fix the bugs PRIOR to release ........ and people complain :scratch2:

People are idiots that's why. I rather wait and get a good release than some buggy crap release that left the gate before it was ready.

If you have been in gaming for long, you would know that gamers are quite bipolar. When an update Is out with bugs, gamers are inconvenienced and get restless often because we put all our time eggs In one bucket. When it is delayed often , gamers are restless but some take days off to enjoy (like myself even though I once swore never to do that again after wow cataclysm release) or are restless for new content or at the very least, a step towards eu busy season.

Wouldn't surprise me if the delay is just a day or is on friday. They haven't done releases on Tuesdays for a while.

Who knows.. more time to prepare. :)

well, i think better bugfree vu later than earlyer with ctd's bosd's and server crashes.

Problem is - I can bet you even with these delays there will be a significant amount of new bugs - on top of all the old ones still present. I doubt this delay has anything to do with further testing and refining. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

And side note: HAH! Delayed again... lol. Oh - I will continue to delay my next deposit then. :wtg:

In fact, it just means that they are working to give us update with no errors.
Or there all is so badly that ... I'm afraid to think about it. Let's hope that everything will be fine! ;)

Might just be that the changes are so fundamental it will have to be looked over again and again for once. I doubht they can do anything to wreck the codes(the game) completely :laugh: then again MA has shown an extraordinary ability to mess up all patches constantly :scratch2:

In fact, it just means that they are working to give us update with no errors.
Or there all is so badly that ... I'm afraid to think about it. Let's hope that everything will be fine! ;)

Client and server based deployments are fickle with near Infinite setup possibilities. If the delay is with distribution, then that isn't a big deal as having to fix issues with new features.

It means that the release is delayed because it took longer than expected to "prepare" the content for deployment to the live servers, not because of new bugs.

Thanks Kim for clarification :computer: But some one should put a boot into the BACKEND of the one responsible. :scratch2:

Like any business Mindark don't sit there hoping they are delayed or have loads of bugs but in this day an age with 1000 people having 1000 different setups it must be bloody hard work.

Oh shit I've gone soft...

Release Post-Post-post-poned, np, we are not at 1 year close now...

Btw, If you could REDUCE the number of disgunting ninja respawns, that would be nice, for people who display themselves as "fair" people...
In all hunts I did solo or support, 99% of the time if we die, that's because of totally unfair ninja respawn.
Strange, I thought the EULA was stipulating cheats & exploits were not allowed ... or i dreamt ?
Even people sweating are simply Harrassed by systematic ninja respawns... really low....
The perfect feature to show how the game is and make new players leave fast pissed.

BigBulks do up to 5 crits (may be more), this is fair may be ?

People are idiots that's why. I rather wait and get a good release than some buggy crap release that left the gate before it was ready.

Yeah, like the new interface which was released, what... 2 months ago, and where strictly no bug fix have been done.
And yes, there are a lot of bugs.
So yes, people complain. And idiots lick as usual...

Release Post-Post-post-poned, np, we are not at 1 year close now...

Btw, If you could REDUCE the number of disgunting ninja respawns, that would be nice, for people who display themselves as "fair" people...
In all hunts I did solo or support, 99% of the time if we die, that's because of totally unfair ninja respawn.
Strange, I thought the EULA was stipulating cheats & exploits were not allowed ... or i dreamt ?
Even people sweating are simply Harrassed by systematic ninja respawns... really low....
The perfect feature to show how the game is and make new players leave fast pissed.

BigBulks do up to 5 crits (may be more), this is fair may be ?

Yeah, like the new interface which was released, what... 2 months ago, and where strictly no bug fix have been done.
And yes, there are a lot of bugs.
So yes, people complain. And idiots lick as usual...

I agree about the ninja spawns, it is realy not fair! maybe if that happens once in a while is ok, but not how it is now!

It means that the release is delayed because it took longer than expected to "prepare" the content for deployment to the live servers, not because of new bugs.
Sounds like a huge release! Can't wait to see it! :)

Might be a quick cut and paste from last year to add the Halloween items / missions that were forgotten about.

Might be a quick cut and paste from last year to add the Halloween items / missions that were forgotten about.

I'm ready to loot my vampiric cloak (M) :)

Will shared loot Longtooth be going away after the VU?

Back