Old Alpha
Society
Payn-Inc.
Sir Azzah Neu
WoF 2014: Team USA
Nation of Choice: USA
Full Avatar Name: Sir Azzah Neu
Choice of Captain: ^^

For those of you in the USA who have never done WoF, this will be a great experience for you since WoF is the single largest and most epic event in the history of EU. Everyone in EU fights for the honor and glory of their country. For WoF 2014, Team USA needs to completely dominate, and we will, but we need YOUR help!!!

How can you help? Well, we are going to slaughter every qualifying event mob that crosses our path but first, we need you to join the WoF Team USA private forum.

You can do that by going here and submitting a request to join the WoF Team USA private sub forum.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?206-WOF-Team-USA

Applications are now being approved throughout the day

Once in the forum, please post on the Roster thread. If you want to be a Support Team Captain or if there is a particular support team that you want to be in then please specify.

Here is the link to request access to Team USA Private Forum... You will only be able to see it after you have been accepted into the WoF USA Forum.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Last edited:
Hello TEAM USA and welcome to the WoF.

Twice the winners.... can it become three?

This post contains vital scheduling information, match times and news of prizes, please read on.

SCHEDULING:

As many are aware the WoF is designed to run best with over 24 teams involved. It can take place with less if the schedule is changed. At present there are 17-18 teams, due largely to the short notice of the event. The Qualifiers are now being extended to allow late-forming teams to register.

Qualifier Stage One
will now take place over TWO weekends; October 18th/19th, and October 25th/26th. The spawns involved will remain throughout the week and over both weekends. Teams only have to hunt ONCE during this time to get their Stage One score. Those who have not finalised a time for this coming weekend will be able to hunt the next weekend instead. ALSO; those who are hunting on the 18th/19th and are unhappy with their score may RE-TAKE the hunt on the second weekend and use the higher of their two scores as their Stage One score. I cannot guarantee enough Judges to allow teams to take two hunts on the SAME weekend. So if you want two goes at a good score, turn up for both weekends.

Then there will be a weekend off for Halloween, the 1st and 2nd of November;

Then there will be two weekends of a new invasion/moblist for Qualifier Stage Two; November 8th/9th, and November 15th/16th. The same rules will apply; teams are only required to hunt once, during EITHER weekend, but are allowed to attend BOTH weekends in order to try to better their Stage Two score.

The combined scores from Stage One and Two
will give the Qualifying Totals for progression.

Dates for WoF stages held after the Qualifiers are yet to be announced.

PROGRESSION:

There are three ways things could happen. To summarize;

If more than 24 teams sign, the top 24 will progress to Stage 3 and form 6 groups of 4 teams, each having 3 matches against the others in their group. The top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

If more than 18 teams sign, the first group Stage will consist of 6 groups of 3 each having 2 matches (against the others in their group) in a 2-weeks-on, 1-week-off format. The top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

If no more teams sign, then the top 12 of the 17-18 team will progress and the first Group Stage will be removed from the tournament, making Stage 4 into the new Stage 3.

TIMESLOTS: If you have not selected a timeslot for your Stage One hunt please do so BEFORE MIDNIGHT THURSDAY (all times in-game time) and let me know by PM. This also applies to MAIN TEAM LISTS although these can be confirmed to the Judge on the day. If you would like to book a second slot in advance you can. If you would prefer to just hunt on the first or second weekend you can. If you would like to change your original timeslot now you know there are two weekends involved, you can. If you want to wait until you see what you get before booking the second weekend... you can. I would also welcome any booking of Stage Two hunts, the sooner the better so the Judges can be found.

PRIZES: As well as the usual Jackets and funky hardware (news to come) awarded to the Winners and Finalists, this year there will be a large incentive for smaller teams who hunt hard and don't give up. At the event's end it will be possible to see which team scored the most points PER PERSON (including Support) in any single hunt after the Qualifiers. This could happen for any team at any time and will carry a substantial prize. The working title for this award is the Calypso Cross.
Other prizes along the way are planned to be awarded for the highest number of globals in a Group Stage, and also for the highest single loot. As soon as any of these prizes are fully confirmed I will give more details.

PLAY:

It has been confirmed no Shared Loot mobs will be involved in the moblist.

It has been confirmed that ANY Calypso-based spawn of the mobs listed is suitable for scoring, not just the event spawns. This also applies to later rounds where mobs also found on Land Areas are used. The only difference is that Mobs ONLY found on Land Areas will NOT now be used. Expect private incentives from Land Owners to tempt you to score on their land but the option to hunt un-taxed will always be present.

Expect several of the spawns to require Main and Support to work together.

Bring a camera.

Well that's it for now, look forward to seeing what happens next weekend. See you all on the mountain.

Hurrikane

Grab your guns, grab your friends, GRAB SOME GLORY
:sniper::sniper::wtg::rocket::rocket:

For the wiki documenting WoF 2014 I'm looking for a final list of all the people participating in WoF2014 and with the first match taking part tomorrow, I assume that the list is done. Would you be so kind posting the full list of names to this thread so I can add them to the documentation?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/World_of_Firepower_2014

Main Team Roster

Captain: Sir Azzah Neu
Co-Captian: Ogulak Da Basher
Blue Corvette Velvet
Andova Andie the Wise
Quell Que Star
Daniel Danimal Diep
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
Raven Lunchbox Palehorse
Casay Casay Onyx
Scott DoctorH Joel
Sir Lance Lancelot
Grymith Salty QQ

is the support roster also required prior to the start?

Cheers,
Azzah

Last edited:
Main Team Roster

Captain: Sir Azzah Neu
Co-Captian: Ogulak Da Basher
Blue Corvette Velvet
Sir Mighty Max
Quell Que Star
Daniel Danimal Diep
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
Raven Lunchbox Palehorse
Casay Casay Onyx
Scott DoctorH Joel
Sir Lance Lancelot
Grymith Salty QQ

is the support roster also required prior to the start?

Cheers,
Azzah

Only required before scoring starts. We'd like to know who's hunting for who, the Judge will note down the names (or partial names) as they check in.

Goodluck tomorrow in WoF Team USA, sorry I will not be there when you break the 500 point mark currently set as the goal by Team Guinea...

Wish all teams a fun and exiting First Round Qualifier experience and will see you all in Round 2 :)

Goodluck tomorrow in WoF Team USA, sorry I will not be there when you break the 500 point mark currently set as the goal by Team Guinea...

Wish all teams a fun and exiting First Round Qualifier experience and will see you all in Round 2 :)

Damn Skippy! :wtg:

Best score for the first round is...........

Team USA: 485

:yay::yay::yay::yay: :wtg::wtg::wtg:

Now to fine tune this machine! :cool:

TEAM USA WANTS YOU!!!!

Best score for the first round is...........

Team USA: 485

:yay::yay::yay::yay: :wtg::wtg::wtg:

Now to fine tune this machine! :cool:

TEAM USA WANTS YOU!!!!

Congrats team!!! I can't wait to join in on the fun once I'm finally moved down to Florida. Looks like I should be settled in and ready to compete in the 2nd leg of the next round!

Didn't Casay leave main team or did she just lie to WUDI?

Didn't Casay leave main team or did she just lie to WUDI?

For starters, what happens with Team USA is none of your business. 2nd... I HAD left main team the night before the event and had told Azzah. I said I'd do the support that next event and be done. At the end, I was greatly humbled by everyone asking me to stay. My reason for not wanting to stay on main was a matter of peds as if it's any of your business really. They didn't care one way or the other but wanted me to stay. How can someone turn down away friends like that? Not me... so.. yes I'm on main team still and will work as hard as I always have to support and do what I can even if I can't shoot!

And as for what you're really worried about here, I don't need anything but what I got. Now please leave the team USA thread. We're here for our country.. not about drama etc. WOF has ALWAYS been about the most unexpected people working together toward a common cause and the honor of their country. I'm sure there's people that don't like me and visa verse. It's sad that some people aren't grown up enough to play in the same sand box for a common cause. :rolleyes:

Overall, doesn't matter, it's about

TEAM USA!!!! F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeting to Team USA and welcome to Stage Two of the WoF; Part Two of the Qualifiers.

Thanks for your prompt booking of next week's timeslot.

Depending on the number of teams to eventually take part, your score from this and the the previous Stage combine to either progress or eliminate you, or seed your places in the forthcoming groups. The higher your score, the easier you will find the Group Stages.

The mobs on the moblist will spawn in several locations on Amethera and should be here from Wednesday (locations will be made available), feel free to have a look. As before, points will still count if scored on non-event spawns (on Calypso).

Good luck!

Hurrikane

Saturday / Sunday Nov 8th 0:00 MA time 7 pm EST :)

COME JOIN US!!!

7pm EST I think? It's 0:00 MA time on Saturday night.

Wolverine Hope TP to get on a support team!

COME JOIN US!!!

7pm EST I think? It's 0:00 MA time on Saturday night.

Wolverine Hope TP to get on a support team!

I'm in for this round of WoF!

Hello TEAM USA and welcome to the last weekend of the WoF Qualifiers; Stage 2, Weekend 2.

I notice you have not booked a timeslot for a re-match. If you wish to do so, please post in the Judge's Thread as soon as you can before the Timeslot chosen, or ask in-game during another match. There should be ample Judges for you this weekend.

PROGRESSION:

18 Teams have now submitted a score, meaning the event is following the 18-team protocol. Qualifying Totals will be used for seeding of Groups according to the teams' positions at Top, Middle or Bottom of the Group. Actual Group Selection will be conducted with a draw.

Your current Qualifying Total is 1137.
This puts you in the TOP 6 of the Progressing Teams.
Your overall position is currently 1/18.

The next Stage is STAGE 3. The new Moblist will be up SUNDAY NIGHT. Teams will be in 6 Groups of 3.

STAGE 3 SCHEDULE: The three hunt weekends of Stage 3 wil be as follows:

NOVEMBER 22nd, Saturday + NOVEMBER 23rd, Sunday (Team 1 vs 2)

*1-weekend gap*

DECEMBER 6th, Saturday + DECEMBER 7th, Sunday (Team 1 vs 3)

DECEMBER 13th, Saturday + DECEMBER 14th, Sunday (Team 2 vs 3)

This MONDAY I will post in each of your team threads with details of the DRAW, your first opponents and your upcoming fixtures in the Stage. PLEASE RESPOND TO TIMESLOT REQUESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You should try to be available for a number of timeslots to accomodate different timezones.

PRIZES:

Mindark have confirmed the following Prizes for the Finalists:

Main Team Finalists will receive both a BLP and Laser (L) weapon per member, increasing in power from 3rd Place to 1st Place. Details to follow.
Winners (First Place) will also receive a first-run WoF Trophy as a personal item, and a skill pill.

Support Teams of winning Nations will also be rewarded; the top 12 Support Team Members as supplied and agreed by the National Teams in 3rd, 2nd and 1st place will also receive two weapons each and a skill pill.
The 12 top Supporters of the Winning Team will each receive a WoF Support Trophy as a personal item.

Calypso Cross: This award will be presented at the close of the tournament. The prize is as yet unconfirmed. This rewards ONE team (Main + Support) for ONE match. After the Final, every match that took place from Stage 3 through to the Final will be analysed with regards to the score, and the number of avatars involved in getting it. The team that in ONE match scored the highest amount of points PER PERSON (Main AND Support) wins the Calypso Cross.
Example: If a team of 5 scored 250, this equals 50 points per person. If a team of 25 scored 250, this equals 10 points per person. The smaller team that does best at "punching above their weight" is the most likely to win this, although a highly-efficient larger team might succeed.

That's all for now, see you soon:)

Hurrikane

Hello TEAM USA and welcome to the last weekend of the WoF Qualifiers; Stage 2, Weekend 2.

I notice you have not booked a timeslot for a re-match. If you wish to do so, please post in the Judge's Thread as soon as you can before the Timeslot chosen, or ask in-game during another match. There should be ample Judges for you this weekend.

PROGRESSION:

18 Teams have now submitted a score, meaning the event is following the 18-team protocol. Qualifying Totals will be used for seeding of Groups according to the teams' positions at Top, Middle or Bottom of the Group. Actual Group Selection will be conducted with a draw.

Your current Qualifying Total is 1137.
This puts you in the TOP 6 of the Progressing Teams.
Your overall position is currently 1/18.

The next Stage is STAGE 3. The new Moblist will be up SUNDAY NIGHT. Teams will be in 6 Groups of 3.

STAGE 3 SCHEDULE: The three hunt weekends of Stage 3 wil be as follows:

NOVEMBER 22nd, Saturday + NOVEMBER 23rd, Sunday (Team 1 vs 2)

*1-weekend gap*

DECEMBER 6th, Saturday + DECEMBER 7th, Sunday (Team 1 vs 3)

DECEMBER 13th, Saturday + DECEMBER 14th, Sunday (Team 2 vs 3)

This MONDAY I will post in each of your team threads with details of the DRAW, your first opponents and your upcoming fixtures in the Stage. PLEASE RESPOND TO TIMESLOT REQUESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You should try to be available for a number of timeslots to accomodate different timezones.

PRIZES:

Mindark have confirmed the following Prizes for the Finalists:

Main Team Finalists will receive both a BLP and Laser (L) weapon per member, increasing in power from 3rd Place to 1st Place. Details to follow.
Winners (First Place) will also receive a first-run WoF Trophy as a personal item, and a skill pill.

Support Teams of winning Nations will also be rewarded; the top 12 Support Team Members as supplied and agreed by the National Teams in 3rd, 2nd and 1st place will also receive two weapons each and a skill pill.
The 12 top Supporters of the Winning Team will each receive a WoF Support Trophy as a personal item.

Calypso Cross: This award will be presented at the close of the tournament. The prize is as yet unconfirmed. This rewards ONE team (Main + Support) for ONE match. After the Final, every match that took place from Stage 3 through to the Final will be analysed with regards to the score, and the number of avatars involved in getting it. The team that in ONE match scored the highest amount of points PER PERSON (Main AND Support) wins the Calypso Cross.
Example: If a team of 5 scored 250, this equals 50 points per person. If a team of 25 scored 250, this equals 10 points per person. The smaller team that does best at "punching above their weight" is the most likely to win this, although a highly-efficient larger team might succeed.

That's all for now, see you soon:)

Hurrikane

So.... there are no jackets this year? and prizes r L guns. mmmmmmmmm not very inspiring for the massive loss ive already garnered from only 2 qual runs. Can you talk with MA about stop being cheap asses and bump those L to UL, this even makes the a fortune in a small amount of time, with no effort on their part. They could at least bump up the prizes. How is this every suppose to expand into a super huge yearly event when everyone sees they get screwed each time prizes are announced????????

So.... there are no jackets this year? and prizes r L guns. mmmmmmmmm not very inspiring for the massive loss ive already garnered from only 2 qual runs. Can you talk with MA about stop being cheap asses and bump those L to UL, this even makes the a fortune in a small amount of time, with no effort on their part. They could at least bump up the prizes. How is this every suppose to expand into a super huge yearly event when everyone sees they get screwed each time prizes are announced????????

Couldn't agree more. The prizes used to be meant as a symbol of achieving something awesome and now with these prizes they just took the pride factor out of being a champion. I'm almost failing to see the point now that the prizes are as lame as they are. Again make them UL and maybe WoF edition just as something special to be proud to sway it was EARNED.

Are we sure this is the grand prize? Didn't they mention more prizes throughout the tournament?

Hello Team USA and welcome to STAGE 3 of the WoF.

This is the first of two group Stages. A draw was conducted a short while after the last match of Stage 2, with my 2-year old daughter Inara doing the honours and pulling 18 different colour jellybeans out of a bowl. She ate most of them but we recorded the order (each group, top, middle and bottom, was given 6 colours and drawn separately). Here are the Groups: You are in Group C.

Group A:

1. DACH / 2. FINLAND / 3. CZECH

Group B:

1. SWEDEN / 2. AMETHERA / 3. POLAND

Group C:

1. USA / 2. ITALY / 3. BENELUX

Group D:

1. GREAT BRITAIN / 2. EUDORIA / 3. WALES

Group E:

1. FRANCE / 2. ROMANIA / 3. CANADA

Group F:

1. GUINEA / 2. AUSTRALIA / 3. AFRICA

All teams will now hunt against the others in their Group. Each team has TWO matches in Stage 3.

MATCH SCHEDULE: Each Group will conduct the following matches;

Team 1 vs Team 2

Team 1 vs Team 3

Team 2 vs Team 3

HUNT WEEKENDS:

November 22nd/23rd

December 6th/7th

December 13th/14th

You have two matches to organise
. Please contact your opponents and agree a timeslot from the six already in use (SAT 14:00, 19:00, SUN 00:00, 07:00, 12:00, 17:00) as soon as possible. Your matches can take place in any order and on any of the 6 days listed above. Any matches not played by the last slot of the Stage (17:00 Sunday December 14th) will be declared a no-score. Any team who agrees a time then does not attend will be scored 0. All matches will start on time unless there are major technical issues. Teams may start a hunt late but will finish hunting when their opponents do. Any team finding it hard to agree a time MUST suggest 4 out of the 6 timeslots they CAN hunt (and therefore agree with at least one of their opponent's 4) or forfeit the match. If Team A offers four options and none are agreed by Team B then the match takes place on the preferred timeslot of Team A. If neither team offers 4 choices of timeslot and no choices coincide then both teams score 0 for that match.

PLEASE AGREE AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE, PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF THE DIFFERENT TIME-ZONES OF YOUR OPPONENTS, PM ME ALL AGREED TIMESLOTS ASAP STATING ALL TEAMS INVOLVED PLEASE.

Team USA, your upcoming matches are:

USA vs ITALY

USA vs BENELUX​

Short Straw Bonus of 10 points now applies to Main and Support respectively. Details below.
Loot Bonus of 15 points now applies.
Win Bonus of 100 points per match now applies.

After all matches are played
, Team scores will be totalled and the top two teams in each group will progress to Stage 4. Stage 4 will consist of 3 groups of 4. The top 3 scoring Teams from Stage 3 will be seeded to head each group in Stage 4. The Groups will then be decided with a second draw with Inara and the jellybeans.

STAGE 3 MOBLIST:

MAIN TEAM:

HISPIDUS: Provider and Above: 10 points
CAPERON: Provider and Above: 9 points
ITUMATROX: ANY: 8 points
CAPERON: Young, Mature and Old: 7 points
HISPIDUS: Young, Mature and Old: 6 points
KINGFISHER: ANY: 5 points / Carries SHORT STRAW BONUS highest amount in a global during the match on a 5 point mob earns that team 10 points at the close of the match.

SUPPORT:

ATRAX: ANY: 4 points / Some ATRAX QUEENS may appear in certain spawns, these also score 4 also so it might be best to avoid them until after the match.
TANTARDION: ANY: 3 points / More due to arrive, co-ords to be announced.
ARGONAUT: ANY: 2 points
SABAKUMA: ANY: 1 point / Carries SHORT STRAW BONUS highest amount in a global during the match on a 1 point mob earns that team 10 points at the close of the match. / Rumour has it some extra-large Sabakumas will be arriving to bolster their wriggly ranks.

BONUS MOB: WILD CARD. / The first team in a match to global on an unlisted mob will make that mob the Bonus Mob for that match and score 25 points. Their opponents must then hunt whatever it was to get their 25 points. All Wild cards are ANY maturity i.e. opponents only need global on the same species, not maturity that the first team scored with.
Exceptions: No Turp, gibnib, fugabarba, no mob unavailable to your opponents for hunting, no mob not found on Calypso in a current spawn. No mob that requires a toxic shot to hunt due to location (unless also found elsewhere on Calypso). Robots allowed. Vanguards not allowed. Event mobs not allowed. FOMA and CP mobs not allowed. Shared Loot mobs not allowed.

START/FINISH POINT
67700, 71830, 271
A nice valley with a lovely view​

CALYPSO CROSS:
From this Stage to the Final, each match offers the chance for one team to win the Calypso Cross. This is an award for the Team that scores the most per person during a single match.
Example:
Team A score 250 using 5 people in total = 50 points per person.
Team B score 500 using 25 people in total = 20 points per person.
After the Final, when every score of every match is analysed, whatever team scored the most points per person will win the award. This is intended to reward those determined smaller teams who punch above their weight and achieve a good score despite a lack of numbers, but could as easily reward a larger team who hunt efficiently despite the chaos of the WoF:)

The award itself has been confirmed, the details of the prize have not. Will keep you posted.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Hello, time's running ^^ do u have a proposal for next wof match?
ty.

DRM
ITA Team

WoF Stage 3 will be Sunday @ 17:00. We will meet at Wolverine Hope @ 16:30 to assemble. Hope you all can make it. Anyone that would like to help on support but has not registered on a team can come to Wolverine Hope or send me a PM here or in game if they wish to support their country!! Let's kick some ass F%%# YEAH!!

Waiting for official word that we're not going to do the rest of our match today given ongoing problems. Hurrikane? Azzah? Have to redo this after Mayhem etc over and I'm sure MA will put the mobs back in as needed. No other choice really as we cannot compete like this nor can the current ongoing event. :(

Got official word from Hurrikane :)

YES. WE STOP.

Pass it on.

See you all in January.

Hurrikane

We'll do this 1.5 hours in January! Hope Everyone has a Happy Holiday Season! :)

hello,

Just to notify you that the team captain of France has changed.

Thank you contact now "franck sweetyxx MORE" as captain.

Good day.

After no response from Hurrikane I will post here so judges can make a note.

Team USA needs to replace Sir Mighty Max with Andova Andie the Wise on the main team roster.

Thanks

After no response from Hurrikane I will post here so judges can make a note.

Team USA needs to replace Sir Mighty Max with Andova Andie the Wise on the main team roster.

Thanks

And I will post here that you need to get the remainder of the match with BeNeLux recscheduled. I've been waiting on someone to make a decision on when we3 will be doing this now that MM is over. I thought that the stage 4 hunts were supposed to have started by now but I guess nobody wants to finish this.

I'd hoped that Azzah had already made some kind of arrangement with Benelux. Just waiting on some word about something.... :scratch2:

I'd hoped that Azzah had already made some kind of arrangement with Benelux. Just waiting on some word about something.... :scratch2:

Send me a PM as soon as you have a date/time and we will sort out a Judge for you both.

Hurrikane

Hi Team USA, here's an update on your situation.

You currently have 597 points from your first match and 444 from your half-completed second match. This gives you a Stage Total of 1041, which places you at 5th place overall.
To secure a seeded (Top Three) place you need to score a further 253 points, or you can progress as you are without finishing the match.

The match may be finished at any agreed time between now and next Friday, please inform me as soon as an agreement is reached.

Hurrikane

Back