Developer Notes #9 - Version Update 15.0 Preview

As someone who uses teleportation a lot I rather pay 101% than 130-140%?

Why? Attack chips use synth ME from the TT. Not like the old days where it used Mind Essence that was made from sweat and nexus.

I got universal ammo with starter pack.
Used it and ended with few ammo wich my weapons cant use because amount of ammo is to low.
Dont remember if it was 14 or less ammo.
I thinked to grab opalo or something to get rid of it (forgot that is not 2 bullets but 200 on opalo lol)
But then discovered that you can sell to TT.
So i TT ed it - i got warning that i will get 0 (nothing) peds/pecs in return but it worked.

Last edited:
As someone who uses teleportation a lot I rather pay 101% than 130-140%?

dude, there are no attack chips that use Mind Essence. They either use Synth ME (from TT) or that Light ME...The shrapnell will be turned to Universal Ammo (which can't be used for MF).

Only TP chips use ME (sweat+nexus). Those will continue to be made from sweating and mining => no change in mark-up.

Also.. be careful what you wish for.. I can recall threads made about every couple months asking for something like this.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried some of those threads might have sounded a little too convincing, despite most of them being at odds with elementary math.

H. L. Mencken said:
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

dude, there are no attack chips that use Mind Essence. They either use Synth ME (from TT) or that Light ME...The shrapnell will be turned to Universal Ammo (which can't be used for MF).

Only TP chips use ME (sweat+nexus). Those will continue to be made from sweating and mining => no change in mark-up.

My attack mindforce chip is able to use universal amo.

I am not sure about Light ME - will check it out later.

Also tp chip is not the only one using MF - some effect chips use it too.

Falagor
:bandit:

i bet shrapnel will replace looted ammo...

about the new loot distribution..

some ppl here said it will be bad for colorors and crafters? i don't think so..
what they will do (as i read) is to make creature loot less different materials...so instead of ending a run with (for example) 5*100 different extractors you get 500 of one kind. in addition there will not be 10 different creatures looting same kind of extractor but perhaps just one looting that kind of extractor.
this will result in:

-hunters can produce sellable stacks more easily (i bet alot of stuff gets tted atm because ppl don't want to have 100eds of peds locked to create sellable stacks)
=>more of the stackables will be available at the market (good for crafters, colorers etc)

-there will be new opportunities to farm stuff with mu (right now lots of stuff can't be trageted as mu-loot because the stuff just drops in too low quntities at a certain mob (extractors are good example))

i don't like untradable stuff...but the rest looks promising

i hope taming adds new opportunities to craft sellable stuff..right now there is way too low demand, all gets looted hunting

Now I wonder what actually happens because thes few last years we had six loot-reworks as you can see here.

Marco created.
1. Dynamic.

Kim created the last years.
2. Balanced.
3. Improved.
4. Fair.
5. Tweaked
6. Adjusted.
7.Modified.

Now a No 8. with no namne.

My attack mindforce chip is able to use universal amo.

I am not sure about Light ME - will check it out later.

Also tp chip is not the only one using MF - some effect chips use it too.

Falagor
:bandit:

Also heal chips use the new universal ammo

ahh, I just doubble checked, I assumed teleport chips would be able to use universal ammo. Not sure why you are talking about attack chips though?

i bet shrapnel will replace looted ammo...

about the new loot distribution..
-hunters can produce sellable stacks more easily (i bet alot of stuff gets tted atm because ppl don't want to have 100eds of peds locked to create sellable stacks)
=>more of the stackables will be available at the market (good for crafters, colorers etc)

-there will be new opportunities to farm stuff with mu (right now lots of stuff can't be trageted as mu-loot because the stuff just drops in too low quntities at a certain mob (extractors are good example))

i

i think it will have the opposite effect,

for instance,right now people that dont tt stuff(like me :p) will just save the small quantitys of extractors untill they have an sellable stack at an nice % markup,
and the reason most players dont bother (or dont have the bankroll) to do that is what makes it able to sell at an nice %

if you can loot a lot of the same stacbable at 1 mob then it wont ever have an nice markup since every1 always posts all their loot at pfc,and the moment something has an nice markup and its known what mob drops it,that mob willl be flooded with hunters and hence the markup will drop

so..... I can convert 100 ped of shrapnel and get 101 ped of ammo that I can TT and get 101 ped from?
or tt the 100 ped shrapnel and get 100 ped?
Or do they mean I need 101 ped shrapnel to get 100 ped ammo? :scratch2:

Anyway, I like a more concentrated loot so it easier to hunt a specific mob to get a specific loot.

so..... I can convert 100 ped of shrapnel and get 101 ped of ammo that I can TT and get 101 ped from?

No as of this point Universal Ammo is not tt-able or tradable and is a User Bound item -- if I got it right.

i think it will have the opposite effect,

for instance,right now people that dont tt stuff(like me :p) will just save the small quantitys of extractors untill they have an sellable stack at an nice % markup,
and the reason most players dont bother (or dont have the bankroll) to do that is what makes it able to sell at an nice %

if you can loot a lot of the same stacbable at 1 mob then it wont ever have an nice markup since every1 always posts all their loot at pfc,and the moment something has an nice markup and its known what mob drops it,that mob willl be flooded with hunters and hence the markup will drop
and because all other mobs get hunted less and the supply will shrink sth will go up in mu again

i can see your point..its not easy to predict what will happen, not even if we would know what the VU exactly will bring..
in the past teher were opprotunities to profit getting dried out soon while others lasted very long (see drone+gazz), still not all hunted drones

Also 100% granted success bp is pointless. It would be zero sum. Couldn't get skills because there is no rake or potential loss.

Why take my words so literally?
What if success rate is 99% or 98%? Or minimum 95 %? There is no potential loss in sweat gathering but there still are skill gains.
As i say, I think this move is a move in right direction but I think that MA don't need to skip a chance to re-introduce crafting.
Without crafts there will be no MU for loot no matter of the distribution.

more they balance loot , lower i have in the end of the hunt...

please MA put back loot like it was 10 years ago , before the balancing shit start

more they balance loot , lower i have in the end of the hunt...

please MA put back loot like it was 10 years ago , before the balancing shit start

A BIG +Rep for your Words...Yes please.:yay::yay::yay:

Why take my words so literally?
What if success rate is 99% or 98%? Or minimum 95 %? There is no potential loss in sweat gathering but there still are skill gains.
As i say, I think this move is a move in right direction but I think that MA don't need to skip a chance to re-introduce crafting.
Without crafts there will be no MU for loot no matter of the distribution.

Because you proposed a solution with an absolute point. If you thought it would be 95 98 etc then there was no reason to specify 100%. As it would be guaranteed.. we aren't talking are out having near successes either. Sweat gathering has little to no tt value. . And it used to have caps which can be used to prevent explotation. It's sole value is in players markup. Doesn't apply in this scenario.

MA you are genius!

I'm concerned that the Universal Ammo isn't TT able - mostly 'cause I'm worried that MA may be trying to "manage" their financial numbers. From what I understand, under either FASB (USA Accounting) or IFRS (EU Accounting) guidance, player's PED and TT value are liabilities. Things that can't be TT'd for value (Like U.Ammo, Viceroy Armor, Fanoos, Trophies, ect) might not need to be classified as liabilities. If 5000 players, on average, turn 500 PED TT.Ammo into 500 "PED" U.Ammo that would create a "magical" one time earnings of $250,000. {Adjust the numbers as you see fit for account numbers and questionable TT in inventory.}

I'm probably worried about nothing. But in a RCE it smells fishy to be unable to either trade or TT something. :ahh:

some ppl here said it will be bad for colorors and crafters? i don't think so..

The issue for colors / textures is that right now they have mats that they can skill with for TT. I, and I'm sure many others, are happy to TT their Orange / Green Paint and generic leather to friends to let them skill with for no MU. With less 'junk' loots this could be a problem for skilling in the future, especially since the fashion profession's products all have an unlimited life.

When I read this thread, I am pleasently surprised on how civil and focused it is. Nice job peeps! :yup:

Shrapnel, a new stackable resource, will be introduced to hunting loot in VU 15.0. All creatures on all planets will drop this new resource as a symbolic representation of salvaged battle debris, regardless of the type of weapon(s) used to defeat the creature. Shrapnel will replace a portion of the total loot value formerly dropped in the form of ammo, animal oils, tier components, paint cans, etc.

Wait...

So.... The type of weapon we use to kill something affects what's in the loot?

I am guessing that they made the "type of weapons" comment because the new item's name is "Shrapnel." That could have implied that only weapons with "Shrapnel" damage (rockets ect) would receive it.

Good spotting the detail though. I just glossed over the sentence on first reading.

I'm concerned that the Universal Ammo isn't TT able - mostly 'cause I'm worried that MA may be trying to "manage" their financial numbers. From what I understand, under either FASB (USA Accounting) or IFRS (EU Accounting) guidance, player's PED and TT value are liabilities. Things that can't be TT'd for value (Like U.Ammo, Viceroy Armor, Fanoos, Trophies, ect) might not need to be classified as liabilities. If 5000 players, on average, turn 500 PED TT.Ammo into 500 "PED" U.Ammo that would create a "magical" one time earnings of $250,000. {Adjust the numbers as you see fit for account numbers and questionable TT in inventory.}

I'm probably worried about nothing. But in a RCE it smells fishy to be unable to either trade or TT something. :ahh:

The issue for colors / textures is that right now they have mats that they can skill with for TT. I, and I'm sure many others, are happy to TT their Orange / Green Paint and generic leather to friends to let them skill with for no MU. With less 'junk' loots this could be a problem for skilling in the future, especially since the fashion profession's products all have an unlimited life.

If shrapnel isn't ttable then I would be worried based on your concerns. If it is, then nothing really changed except they are looking to add filler where resource caps necessarily wouldn't be in play.

2 things which are really excellent here.

A core, forced increase of 1% returns. Yes, there's the issue of .9x.9 returns but to be honest, we all hunt more than once and the majority hunt using the returns of the previous hunt so this is already occurring.

A return to logical hunting; mob x drops item y, you can't get it from anywhere else. A reduction in the supply points of items can only be of benefit.

I'm generally against bound-avatar items, but universal ammo generated in this sense is fine - no-one trades the ammo they generate from hunting (excluding explosives); it's TTd or used. If a portion of loots become shrapnel, this can only cover the TT loss on other items. Example:

estimated 90% tt return

100 costs:

Old: 90 loot = 20 ammo, 50(101%) oils, 10(102%) components, 9.5(105%) materials and 0.5(120%) (L). (multiply to get true values). = 91.28 (101.4% MU)

New: 90 loot = 50(101%) shrapnel, 28.57(101.75%) oils, 5.71(103.5%) components, 5.42(108.8%) materials and 0.3(133.3%) (L). = 91.78 ped (102% MU)

Obviously I've had to make up the loot distribution but you can see it's logical at least. In shifting the largest portion of loot onto "system MU"; we effectively get an overall boost in MU. I've tracked "demand" to stay the same on oils, mats, comps, and (L) - so the drop in overall loot will increase the price given on sale.

PS: The overall value in the system will also increase, due to need for boosted deposits to cover repairs when value is stuck in UA.

I'm no accountant but is this the jest of what you're saying?

Before change:

Player makes deposit worth 1000 PED. They hunt and get a 90% return in ammo. MA has a contingent liability of 900 PED.

After change:

Player makes deposit worth 1000 PED. They hunt and get a 90% return in shrapnel. They convert the shrapnel to universal ammo. MA has a contingent liability of 0 PED.

Seems to me the reason for the shrapnel/universal ammo is simply to get people to hunt more... more hunting more decay more income for MA.

Can someone explain the how the old hunting loot used to work which the VU is going to revert to because I was a miner and when I switched to hunting I had to figure out which mobs were worth the hunt and noticed most mobs dropping the same shit generally.

Is it just a simple case of certain mobs will drop certain items or is there more too it ? I'd love a detailed explanation and tips for hunters not familiar with the old/ upcoming system.

Thank you.

S

I'm no accountant but is this the jest of what you're saying?

Before change:

Player makes deposit worth 1000 PED. They hunt and get a 90% return in ammo. MA has a contingent liability of 900 PED.

After change:

Player makes deposit worth 1000 PED. They hunt and get a 90% return in shrapnel. They convert the shrapnel to universal ammo. MA has a contingent liability of 0 PED.

It does not work this way because the skill Kill Strike gives you 1 extra damige for each about 1000 points in this skill so 10000 points in the skill will give you 10 extra damige from your weapon for free who equals the 10% in lost ammo.

So if it had worked this way we would have already have had it with 10000 points in the skill Kill Strike.:)

So there is lots of emty skill in the game.....If we follow MA way i got over 9000 Point in this skill then i would lose only 1%....lol and when i got 10000 Points i will lose 0% and with this now ammo i will gain 10% proffit all the time......No way. :)

( The idea was good but MA would never allow this ).

Last edited:
Can someone explain the how the old hunting loot used to work which the VU is going to revert to because I was a miner and when I switched to hunting I had to figure out which mobs were worth the hunt and noticed most mobs dropping the same shit generally.

Is it just a simple case of certain mobs will drop certain items or is there more too it ? I'd love a detailed explanation and tips for hunters not familiar with the old/ upcoming system.

Thank you.

S

Dunno how accurate i can be but old old loot mostly consisted of peds and pecs the animal loot we get now was looted less often wich made the MU higher wich is prolly something simular to what we will get now instead of peds and pecs we get shrapnel and normal animal loot will be more "rare", I think this will be great

Stina

It does not work this way because the skill Kill Strike gives you 1 extra damige for each about 1000 points

From a lvl100++ player thats just hillarious u still dont know how game works :D Also u wonder about ur shit returns when using gun which has eco of almost 10% lower than the rest

or tt the 100 ped shrapnel and get 100 ped?
Or do they mean I need 101 ped shrapnel to get 100 ped ammo? :scratch2:

Anyway, I like a more concentrated loot so it easier to hunt a specific mob to get a specific loot.

You can't TT universal ammo. Ok, you can, but you get 0 ped / pec back from that.

Thank you.

S

In old times, specific mobs gave specific items : Umbranoids gave hair products, armaxes body fat etc. After some updates all the mobs started giving very similar loot to eachother. No matter what mobs you hunted you still ended up with bunch if tier 2 components etc. Now as i am reading this, it looks like no more very generic loot, so if you want to loot tier 2 components, you have to hunt specific mobs.
Yeah some of the generic loot will stay, but probably at first we will see lots of shrapnels and very little regular loots.

Back