Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
Obviously MA hates melee hunters

Why? :scratch2:

Let me explain:

Facts:
- We got ammo packages at webshop, containing untradeable Uni-Ammo + H-DNA and Loot Pills
- With VU 15.0 Shrapnel gets introduced that can be exchanged at fixed rate to Uni-Ammo (101% guranteed markup)

Effects:
Ranged hunters can deposit to hunt, without paying any fee and get rewarded with some extra items (H-DNA+Pills)
- melee don´t have that option, they need PED ingame to repair their uL items or buy L items!

Ranged hunters have a guranteed markup on a part of their loot (101%) converted into Uni Ammo
- melee don´t use ammo therefor trading against Uni Ammo at 101% is obsolote, as this ammo is not tradeable.

Thats two major disadvantages for melee hunters that have been introduced by MA within one month.

Conclusion:
MA hate melee hunters !

But why ??? Come on MA , any statements ?

Simplest solution:

"Personal melee repair station"

Feed it with "supder duper glue" that restores TT and can be bought at the web shop. Make it no-tradable and possible to use sharpnels to create it. Add something similiar to MF hunting, like "Extra sweaty ME". Then everyone would have the same conditions.

Repair tool would be nice for those using uL gear, but those using L gear still f**k*d.
L sword is not reapairable, while using L gun can use uni-ammo.

Hunters aren't allowed to complain, look at the shit miners have put up with for the last decade.

Reactions: EyE
Repair tool would be nice for those using uL gear, but those using L gear still f**k*d.
L sword is not reapairable, while using L gun can use uni-ammo.

Didn't think of that.

Maybe something else then? Like amps or something. Now that you said it though, I can't think of a single way to make it completely fair because of L weapons...

Maybe because 90% of hunters used ranged. If not more.

They'll fix the one with must hunters then sort out the other one.

Not really rocket science.

Well uL melee amps that burn universal ammo, could be a solution.

If MA decide introducing this, I hope its crafted once, so everybody got the option to get one, not only the few lucky looting one.

And if its crafted call it Nova Amplifer MK1-6 (equavilent to A101 to A106 or the E-Amp series), and let the BPs use a shitload of Nova Fragments to build one :D

A better question would be is why are melee users such whiners, you just got melee amps so get back in line and wait for your turn again.....

I think meele amps that use universal ammo could be a solution.

Or some new kind of attachment.
It will consume universal ammo and reduce the decay of the weapon.

When i think again about it some of the meele amp do this reduction already.

So after years MA gave you melee amps and you complain that other weapon users (vast majority actually) get tiny bonus while you don't lose anything?

It's like someone give you helping hand but you demand their arm and leg....

So after years MA gave you melee amps and you complain that other weapon users (vast majority actually) get tiny bonus while you don't lose anything?

:lolup: exactly what's happening

Just use the universal ammo for tagging!

Need to spread +rep before bla bla bla

Even kids dont whine as much as some of the people do in EU.. And we say we have a "mature" community out here..

Forgot to add that as melee users we can always sell the shrapnels to the ranged users. So its basically a guaranteed mu on the shrapnels you collect.

As i skill melee myself from time to time, it is astonishing what melee already has. DPS + ECO at a price a fraction of the ranged, so should ranged users start whining why MA made melee so cheap to begin with?

Playing in an RCE means u need to start using your head to your advantage, not your fingers in complaining about everything that is not "customized" to your need..

Last edited:
Reminds me of a quote from a note on the wall at MA developers office. ( was visible in a photo published long ago in an article showing us how MA office look like. ( most likely unintentional to show the note )

The word are as important today as theywere back then.

"How can I, as a player. Take advantage of this VU" or similar.

MA intentionally puts oportunity in each update, its up to each and everyone to ask the above question after each update, melee user or not.

I use both melee and ranged so its not an issue for me. Maybe a more diverse approach to hunting is what's needed to take advantage of this change.

As i skill melee myself from time to time, it is astonishing what melee already has. DPS + ECO at a price a fraction of the ranged, so should ranged users start whining why MA made melee so cheap to begin with?

Melee is cheap?

Take a look at Entropedia please.

Sort list by DMG/pec, and hell there is ranged and more ranged and even more ranged at top of the list (unamped, and still improvable eco with amps)

Only mellee that gets into the top eco class is:

Road Crew Axe (3,8 DMG/s) LOL vs Atrox
RepEdge Axe 2.0 (oldstyle maxed at LVL100, and 13,8 DMG/s) LOL again try Atrox with that
Kat Honor (oldstyle maxed at LVL100, and 27,2 DMG/s) well finally something that works on small Atrox, no chance on big ones.

OK there is Improved Embra C1 (20,7 DMG/s) fine for farming molisk and argos, but Atrox???

Well there are swords than can deliver 50+ DMG/s but those are not the eco ones :D
And there is a lot firearms that deliver more DMG/s at better eco.

That melee got amps is nothing but fair, we asked that already years ago.
Now we got, and feel lucky to be not that totally behind ranged fighters.

What does MA, just kills that little improvement we finally got for melee by adding a free of fee deposit for ranged fighters and some loot that is only useable for rangefigthers.

Well back to storage with the swords! There to collect dust the next few years.

A better question would be is why are melee users such whiners, you just got melee amps so get back in line and wait for your turn again.....

Equality for melee users! Down with elitist ranged users! Burn Mindforcers at the stake!

No, a better question would be when will MA finally start looking at the universe and economy as a whole, not just make half-blind changes to it, and then create an even bigger mess by half-assed "fixes". Having more MU on oils and wools might be nice, but will the increase in non-stackables used at the end of the crafting process really be justifiable? More MU on looted stackables -> more MU on components -> more MU on guns/finders/amps after all.

We won't see the effects on MU for a few days until we see crafters having problems getting resources.

The biggest hit will be tailors and colourists.

Melee is cheap?

Well there are swords than can deliver 50+ DMG/s but those are not the eco ones :D
And there is a lot firearms that deliver more DMG/s at better eco.

Next time use entropedia better perhaps

Genesis Arcspark + Trauma VI : 70 dps @ 2.966 dps at 17k peds.. Show me a SIB ul gun with that dps at that price

Songkra Corrosive + Trauma VI : 64 dps @ 2.964 dps at < 5k peds

Shagadi Disintegration + Trauma VI : 58.8 dps @ 2.964 dps at < 5k peds

Stop trolling MA and bloody get ur facts straight first

Next time use entropedia better perhaps

Genesis Arcspark + Trauma VI : 70 dps @ 2.966 dps at 17k peds.. Show me a SIB ul gun with that dps at that price

Songkra Corrosive + Trauma VI : 64 dps @ 2.964 dps at < 5k peds

Shagadi Disintegration + Trauma VI : 58.8 dps @ 2.964 dps at < 5k peds

Stop trolling MA and bloody get ur facts straight first

Well there is no option at Entropedia to apply melee amps, my post is based on information available at entropedia.
So I got my facts unamped, and then it is right.

And thanks pointing me towards that weapons, really nice toys with this amp.

The price you stated is that weapon only or is it weapon + amp ?

You are right that Melee isn't eco - if you hunt purely with melee - as it's eco is in the region of 2.60-2.70 when defense costs are included, in comparison to hunting with a good range weapon. While the weapons looks eco - 2.95 etc - in reality they are not when used; unless you have a mod fap etc. That said, it's the way MindArk has always balanced the game, melee items are plentiful and cheap to buy, and carbines with good range are rare and expensive. You only have to check the tier costs of guns to work out that melee isn't the profession to pick if you want to hunt efficiently.

Well there is no option at Entropedia to apply melee amps, my post is based on information available at entropedia.
So I got my facts unamped, and then it is right.

And thanks pointing me towards that weapons, really nice toys with this amp.

The price you stated is that weapon only or is it weapon + amp ?

http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

You can use that to check weapons and there effective eco with amps.

The prices i mentioned are including the amps. There are plenty more to choose from.

Even at the top end there are L blades which are presently useless because no one has them maxed. That is what is needed basically and as more melee hunters max those items, they have plenty of dps and eco to get going.

The problem with melee are two folds for me personally

1. The need for tagger as i primarily use 70m+ weapons as my main gun for me its a pain to swap weapons every mob.

2. The defense cost is naturally higher if u go melee, but that can be offset to a large extent if u chose your mob according to your evade and beat regen with dps compensating for the slightly higher armor cost..

Feel free to pm me about any other info or ask here and I'll try my best to help..

Wish you luck,

Divinity

Hey people! Stop living under a rock! Melee amps are here which allow you to use cheap UL blades (for example, arkadian) at good eco and high dps. And yes, I know the melee amp doesn't show in the main page list but you can apply it in the weapon compare tool.

What I use, the songkra dagger with IV does 2.95 dpp and 51 dps at T0, at a price of just over 2k ped.

My HP is rising faster than ever before. You just need some evade to keep the defense costs down.

This is why I love melee.

Well uL melee amps that burn universal ammo, could be a solution.

If MA decide introducing this, I hope its crafted once, so everybody got the option to get one, not only the few lucky looting one.

And if its crafted call it Nova Amplifer MK1-6 (equavilent to A101 to A106 or the E-Amp series), and let the BPs use a shitload of Nova Fragments to build one :D

You're forbidden for making any more suggestions after suggesting to burn up very high mark up material as a valid solution. o_O

We got melee amps.. I hardly think MA hates us or whatever complaining were going to have amps out this patch. It really gets quite tedious reading all this before and after patches.

Solution: repair terminal that uses shrapnel to repair melee weapons at 101% rate. Done deal

That would be packing fudge in the crafters.

how so? Please explain

edit: I guess I thought about it more. By using this repair mechanism, the repaired amount would have to be locked on the melee weapon in order to avoid abuse of the system. What I mean by this is people buying/using shrapnel at 0% MU, repairing broken TT melee weapons to full tt with shrapnel at 101%, then TT'ing them for 1% profit.

Last edited:
Where are the universal probes for miners?
Where is the universal smf for mindforcers?
Where is the universal animal oil residue for crafters?
Where are the universal landdeeds forsmall investors?
Where is the universal fertilizer for big investors?
Where is the universal welding wire for ms repairers?

how so? Please explain

edit: I guess I thought about it more. By using this repair mechanism, the repaired amount would have to be locked on the melee weapon in order to avoid abuse of the system. What I mean by this is people buying/using shrapnel at 0% MU, repairing broken TT melee weapons to full tt with shrapnel at 101%, then TT'ing them for 1% profit.

There would basically be two options:

- Exclude L weapons from being repaired, only people with UL weapons will benefit.
- Include L weapons and crafters will be screwed.

I interpreted the post like you meant repairing L weapons, which led to my response. I had a similar proposal earlier but realized it wouldn't work.

Can it be that with the introduction of the melee amp some "low MU melee" became to good?

Back