Question: Playing EU as an investment?

JustChecking

So firstly apologies if this has been covered before, I did do a search and found some info, most of which was 6-7 years old, hence this post as I was looking for an answer to my specific question.

To be clear I'm not trying to step on anyone's toe's, I realize that EU is widely considered a "lottery" in terms of loot and that it takes time to develop skills in-game to a point where using certain items is economical, also this entire post revolves around me being willing to invest both time and money into the game to start and that I am aware it could take some time to achieve (i.e I'm not looking for instant, magic results).

I did play age's ago, so long ago in fact that my account got deleted :) so excuse me if I use the wrong term's etc.

The reason I am posting this is mostly to save myself time, there are many people who have been playing this game for far longer then I have and so I hope they can give me a honest answer, if it turns out what I am attempting to do is not possible, then that's cool aswell.

So onto the question...

Let's say I was interested in "playing" EU with the goal of making around $250-$500 a month profit that could be withdrawn, that's after covering any in-game costs required to keep "producing" that amount.

• Would that realistically be possible and repeatable each month? (barring any unforeseen patches, zombies eating the internet, global warming...)
• If possible what sort of initial investment would I be looking at?
• If possible what sort of time frame would I be looking at? i.e starting as a new character (no skills) to doing $250 a month.
• How many hours per day would one need to put in.
• What profession would be recommended? (I'm really only interested in hunting or mining, but an argument could be made for being a trader... no sweating here :p)

The rest I am happy to figure out myself by reading through the forums etc, all I'm really asking is if that amount is realistically, consistently achievable?

My initially assumption would be yes based purely on the fact that medic's are charging around 60 ped an hour for services so with enough client's it should be possible. (not considering competition and all that etc.) Edit: as pointed out below that wasn't taking into account the use of a mod fap.

I know some might say that I am approaching the game with the wrong goal in mind and that it should be played for fun, to which I agree - but trust me... I have a plan :)

Thanks in advance for the advice, I do appreciate the help and perhaps I'll meet a few of you in-game.

Last edited:
Your best option is probably buying a land area and managing it. But that will certainly require a lot of initial money and time to get it up and running. You also have to make sure you get the DNA for popular mobs and set up fun events that will promote people to hunt on your LA.

If you want to just hunt, mine, or craft... it's highly unlikely to see the return you're looking for. Possible, sure, but again you would be some serious initial money and constant play time. Mining would probably be the best option, but its still a gamble.

Medics that charge 60 PED/hour are using Mod Faps... about the same cost as an LA probably.

First, yes, it is achievable to make that much. You could do it by careful mining, or by consistent trading, or several other routes. But note that most people who do these activities don't make that much, so you'd have to find an edge.

Your figure of 60 ped per hour fapping is I think only true for mod fappers ($20k or so investment).

First, yes, it is achievable to make that much. You could do it by careful mining, or by consistent trading, or several other routes. But note that most people who do these activities don't make that much, so you'd have to find an edge.

Your figure of 60 ped per hour fapping is I think only true for mod fappers ($20k or so investment).

And even at 8 hours a day, every day, it would take several years to break even on the initial investment.

Thanks Rave and Neil, I think I've pretty much got my answer then. Also thanks for pointing out that 60 ped p/h was using a mod fap, I appreciate the help.

My monthly crafting profit is in that 250 - 500 range. To achieve that profit I have several 10s of k's of dollars invested in skills, shops, bps, inventory. You gotta spend money to make money. Am yet to withdraw as I either re-invest in the business or blow it having fun hunting.

Very easy:

Buy 8350 AUD = 83,5 PED / day = 2505 PED a month

or

Buy 210 CLD (average return 3 PED / week) = 660 PED a week = 2640 PED / month

Investment costs:
AUD (asuming 50 PED / AUD) = 417500 PED = 41750$
CLD (asuming 1400 PED / CLD) = 294000 PED = 29400$

ROI:
AUD = 167 month = 13.92 years
CLD = 117 month = 9.8 years

Other options:
Pure trading, hard to do a math. Depends on your knowledge of market, RL trading skills and your bankroll
LAs, hard to do a math. Depends on DNA, event promotion and some other factors (RL management skills)

If you want to use EU as an investment, you need to think like an investor.

na matter what u do , start small and give your self time to find stuff out ...

dont invest a lot blind in some "investment" u also got to keep in mind what person you are

if you like to meet and to chat ppl, or if u would probaly perfor to do stuff anonym ...

or maybe u wanne play the game to have fun and the"chance" of profit ...

entropia is full of opportunitys , and its pretty much what u make out of it :yup:

if u want a buisness game , than u can play it that way ...

and anyway what way u chose i wish ya gl =)

Let's say I was interested in "playing" EU with the goal of making around $250-$500 a month profit that could be withdrawn, that's after covering any in-game costs required to keep "producing" that amount.

If you are looking forward making around $250-$500, you can buy 200-400 Calypso Land Deeds.

At a price of 1350 peds, your investment will have to be from 27k usd to 54k usd.

An alternative option would be to buy an adj fap and Calypso Land Deeds. In this case you will have to invest time healing hunters.

Laurent.

So onto the question...

• Would that realistically be possible and repeatable each month? (barring any unforeseen patches, zombies eating the internet, global warming...)
• If possible what sort of initial investment would I be looking at?
• If possible what sort of time frame would I be looking at? i.e starting as a new character (no skills) to doing $250 a month.
• How many hours per day would one need to put in.
• What profession would be recommended? (I'm really only interested in hunting or mining, but an argument could be made for being a trader... no sweating here :p)

Since you dont expect hand holding and are eager to invest all three: time, money and brains I will answer some of your questions to the best i can.

1. Yes, it is possible to profit repetitively on a monthly basis in each of the professions namely in this order : mining/hunting/crafting.. Crafting can however become easiest depending on circumstances. You need to research those yourself.

2. Ideally you are looking at 10k usd investment but for mining it can be done for lesser if you know what you are doing. A ul amp helps but is not a necessity for your objective. Knowing when and where to mine is key. In hunting u need more bankroll as you need to literally squeeze as much MU as u can from even the smallest of stacks.. With crafting that gets even higher at around 15-20k usd, though with those numbers u are likely to make near 500 usd or more (Disclaimer : You still need to know what you are doing)

3. Time depends on your aptitude to grasp and how quick u are to realise where and what. Ideally u should be self sufficient and gaining it within 4-6 months.

4. 5-6 hrs/day. Can be easier with crafting if u form a system and the fact that u can afk. Mining and hunting u dont really have a choice as u need to spend the time vigilantly.

5. Mining is easiest.. hunting/crafting needs much more knowledge and some bit of luck to get there. Trading again needs knowledge but can beat all the 3 others if u know what you are doing. LA's are for later as being new there is a 99% chance you will be taken for a ride. CLD's are easy money but of course require higher ped investment and no time investment.

I wish you luck in EU and hope to see you getting somewhere good in 6 months or so.

Divinity

Thanks everyone for your replies, I think I'll start with a couple of land deeds and mess around with mining and abit of hunting and see where that leads.

Again thanks for the help and I'll be sure to say hi if I bump into any of you in-game.

Hold On

I'd recommend you just play the game for 6 months or so and make sure it's something you enjoy and will be wanting to do every day for the forseeable future

What if you invest and then just don't get on well with the game

PLUS work out how much time you can actually commit to playing

Then in 6 months time if you are still having fun and commiting to playing the game for that amount of time - invest

Back