Entropia Universe 15.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Taming
Version Update 15.0 includes the first phase of reintroducing Taming to Entropia Universe. Future updates will introduce exciting new Taming features such as pet buffs and equipment, as well as features specifically related to the ComPet app that will be released early next year.
In this first phase, existing pets will become active once again and each planet will feature one new low-level tamable creature:
  • Arkadia - Nusul Puny
  • Calypso - Bristlehog Puny
  • Cyrene - Young Arret
  • Rocktropia - Panther Puny
  • Toulan - Tabtab Puny

Taming a creature
Tamable creatures are indicated by a heart-shaped taming symbol, to the left of a creature’s health bar. When you find a tamable creature, you first need to use a Whip to lower the spirit of the creature increase its respect. Once the creature reached the correct thresholds you will be able to use an action called “Attempt Tame” to command the creature to obey and become your pet.

Control
Pets are summoned from your avatar inventory. A summoned pet will follow your avatar around, and various information and commands are available from the pet dashboard that appears when a pet is summoned.

Mood
Your pet will have different moods depending on how it feels, so it is a good idea to keep your pet engaged while summoned.

Energy
Pets consume energy over time and gain experience over time while summoned. Energy indicates how well fed a pet is. Right click on Nutrio Bars in your inventory in order to feed your pet. Energy level affects a pet’s mood, so be sure to keep your pet well fed.

Affection
Depending on how it is treated a pet will gain affection towards your avatar. Keep treating it well and something good might be given in return due to the deep connection you have built up.

Experience
As you engage and care for a pet it will gain experience levels. Higher levels unlock different commands and tricks that a pet can perform. Additional commands will be added in future updates.

Focus
Focus is a measure of how well a pet can focus when performing tricks and other commands. Be sure not to push your pet too hard in a short time period or it will lose focus.

Ancient Pets
Existing tamed pets from the old taming system are operational in the relaunched taming system, and are indicated as Ancient pets. The old pet maturities have been merged into one of two maturities as follows:
  • Former pets with a maturity of Young - Guardian are now the default Ancient pet maturity, and have the parameters of the former Guardian pet maturity.
  • Former pets with a maturity of Dominant - Stalker are now known as the Ancient Strong maturity and have the parameters of the former Stalker maturity.

Whips
Two new crafted Whips have been introduced. The blueprints for these items can be found while crafting weapons on any planet.

Shrapnel
Shrapnel, a new stackable resource, has been introduced to hunting loot. All creatures on all planets will drop this new resource as a symbolic representation of salvaged battle debris, regardless of the type of weapon(s) used to defeat the creature. Shrapnel will replace a portion of the total loot value formerly dropped in the form of ammo, animal oils, tier components, paint cans, etc. Shrapnel is not used as a crafting component; instead, Shrapnel can be can converted to Universal Ammo at a ratio of 100:101, or sold to the Trade Terminal at face value.

Changes
  • The Target user interface has been improved
  • Graphical improvements have been made to the Message Center interface.
  • Friend and Society invites and channel invites now always appear at the op top of the Message Center for improved visibility.
  • Improved dissolve/appear transition effects in the social interfaces.
  • It is now possible to teleport from Monria to Planet Calypso for a fee of 7 PED.

Fixed Issues
  • Several Monria estate issues have been fixed.
  • The selected avatar portrait is now correctly displayed in the contacts list.
  • Fixed an issue preventing Motherships and Space Stations sometimes not appearing in the teleport destination list.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in the hangar entrance on Motherships sometimes not closing when restricted.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in new messages sometimes not appearing in the Message Center.
  • Fixed an issue with auction icons sometimes missing from Message Center messages.
  • Fixed an issue resulting in bank loans not displaying properly in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue interfering with sound effects for some BLP weapons.
  • General fixes to many sound events.

Known Issues
  • Pets do not disappear when dismissed in estates.
  • Clear shader cache should be cleared via the Client Loader in order for the new dissolve effects to display.
  • Pet items do not always reappear in inventory when a pet pet is dismissed due to teleportation. Relogging resolves the issue.
  • The Rocktropia Panther pet portrait is missing.
  • The Toulan Tabtab pet may cause the 64-bit Client to crash on Windows 8. Using the 32-bit client avoids the problem.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Finally. just few hours more til the end of the workday.

Hmm
"Depending on how it is treated a pet will gain affection towards your avatar. Keep treating it well and something good might be given in return due to the deep connection you have built up."
Taming gifts? if yes, then probably we will see some kind of abuse, similar to old mentor item abuse (coloring glitch, that allowed to farm mentor gifts)

Last edited:
Social interface changed - bit more uglier now IMO but easier to change position.

taming a nusul puny: [System]: Not a tamable creature.

Great.

Running to the crafting machine for my first ever discovery hof. You others stay away!

And it's all gone quiet over there!!

Timewarpman

Yes it's all gone quiet over there!!

Timewarpman

Yes it's all gone quiet all gone quiet it's all gone quiet over there

Timewarpman

Now to go see davo, trev, marg, phil and i forget the other ones name it's been so long... time to see if we can still get 5 pets out at once and frolic with nature.

So I looked for my pet in my storage where its been for the last Fknows how many years and.......no pet

So I looked for my pet in my storage where its been for the last Fknows how many years and.......no pet

Well if like before it was in the stables, go there and get it.

edit: or read the release notes like i didn't and see it says it is in your inventory somewhere :)

Last edited:
Taming

[*]The Toulan Tabtab pet may cause the 64-bit Client to crash on Windows 8. Using the 32-bit client avoids the problem.
[/LIST]

:lolup: This proves that Toulan is not taken serious by Mindark. No sane Release manager would ever authorize such a bug to be put on production servers.

... time to see if we can still get 5 pets out at once and frolic with nature.

Only one :scratch2: ancient one that is.

Check your Inventory :)

Should also be some nutrio bars in it and Pet Name tags.

Somehow though not all my old pets are converted to ancient ones i think :confused:

Anyone know where to get, or how to make these..?

Sweetstuff (enmatter) and fruit placed into the refiner or purchase Nutrios someone else made on Auction.

So what happens if the pet gets killed? Does it just revert to personal storage, or is lost?

So what happens if the pet gets killed? Does it just revert to personal storage, or is lost?

You cannot kill pets (not yet, pet battles coming later ;))

Been a while but if i remember right.....

If pet is left alone out of stable it "times out" like a vehicle and goes back to stable, however you used to lose a little trust on tamed pet if happened. I think they went back to stable.

In past you couldn't kill pets, caused all kinds of mayhem :D, people hiding behind them in pvp if i remember right :D.

Ancient Pets...

I truly hope that ancient pets have some extra features and/or remarkable advantages compared to regular pets. This is least we deserve, who waited so long after investing a lot of time and resources into old taming system...

Also looks like i'm missing a few Pets. (need to dig up some old stats for that to be sure lol)

My three have returned, they are in Miscellaneous tab in inventory (pet deeds used to be in Money and Deeds tab) alongside my vehicles.

Hmmm, wonder if they will be rideable 'vehicles' one day.... ;)

they are in Miscellaneous tab in inventory (pet deeds used to be in Money and Deeds tab) alongside my vehicles.

I Know ;)

Ancient Snable for the ones @ Work :smoke:

Nice of Mindark to gift players over lvl 50 with a nice new unlimited whip for taking away their profession for god knows how many years it is now.

and then i woke up :)

So they haven't been fed??? They've been starving this whole time? Oh MA, you are shameless...my poor babies!

Lots of fun bugs and bad changes, love it. Get rid of the UI changes, including the new HP bars and the dumb name boxes that pop up over everything. My chat window also randomly deactivates while I'm typing, causing all my hotkeys to open windows.

I could give a shit about taming. Fix all the bugs, the lag, etc etc. Fix the base of the game before adding more problems.

So they haven't been fed??? They've been starving this whole time? Oh MA, you are shameless...my poor babies!

Cryogenic Suspension until they could get through the CryEngine interface. They didnt feel a thing! :ahh:

:lolup: This proves that Toulan is not taken serious by Mindark. No sane Release manager would ever authorize such a bug to be put on production servers.

Oh no, it very much depends on how much shit the developers unloaded on them and how many times they could say "hey, this backend distribution (sic!) is not ready for live" before management said "just do it!".

It's not a good idea to permanently award a group of people for such basic thing as "joining earlier" than the other group, expecting them to feel equal in engaging and exploring a new released feature..

Give them shitload of fruits, or whatever fk u! But "ancient" super duper egoistic shit is just LOW blow, MindArk.

Yes, I'm one of the "no-important" players that joined after Vu 10 and MA doesnt give 2 shits about.

Now go ahead... bullshit me. I expect nothing else!

.i.

It's not a good idea to permanently award a group of people for such basic thing as "joining earlier" than the other group, expecting them to feel equal in engaging and exploring a new released feature..

Give them shitload of fruits, or whatever fk u! But "ancient" super duper egoistic shit is just LOW blow, MindArk.

Yes, I'm one of the "no-important" players that joined after Vu 10 and MA doesnt give 2 shits about.

.i.

What are you actually on about? :) They gave us the pets we already had back, pets we had 5 years ago, can't bullshit you as you just bullshitted yourself to be fair.

.i.

These were pets that were already owned before taming was removed from the game. So... being rewarded for something they have already done and had taken away from them... yes, what assholes! Grow up.

.i.

there are ppl who spend insane amount of peds in taming... for absolutely no use in period of like 5 yrs..
so don't you think they should get better start than someone who just started today?

These were pets that were already owned before taming was removed from the game. So... being rewarded for something they have already done and had taken away from them... yes, what assholes! Grow up.

and of course this...

Back