pet : what do they do, what it look like

firejuggler

Old Alpha
Society
RFC
firejuggler water zabimalu
SOOO...
Just got a bristle, will post pics. and explanation.
But basically: Your pet start starved ( 1% fed), 100 nutrio bar fill 25% of t(@ lvl 1 bristlehog)
Seem that the filling is dependant of the tamed mob.
you can make the pet do trick ( greet and dance at level 1 bristle,bow at lvl 2, roll over @ lvl 4.On Ancient pet , level 3 have already the 4 tricks.). It make it lose focus, but give XP.
You start with 99% focus. Focus regenerate over time.It seems that you get less xp if you have less focus. see here or more info on focus

pet_caly.jpg

also got while doing a trick.

pet_skill_boost.jpg

If you take a tp, it get dismissed, you'll have to resummon it.
You can't damage them, by shooting or slashing. Haven't tried explosions
Bristle tricks
Lvl 4 bristle get roll over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAi60CjY40

Exaro tricks
Greet and dance
http://youtu.be/QKxGS8dcc9A
bow rollover
http://youtu.be/B8jcoZveC88

Last edited:
Nice, but this is one of the ugliest pets. I'm going for something that looks better.

btw I wonder if you buy pet is it keeping what it learned or there is some sort of skill/afection restart

so in the past taming level determined how many u coudl spawn at same time...level 6=>2, 18=>3 something like that...still viable?

update :
[System]: Your pet reached level 2
[System]: New trick learnt: Bow
So I suppose Roll-over will be at lvl 3. On leveling, your focus stay the same.

It seems that you can only have one at a time ( Animal trainer lvl 8, pet handler lvl 7)

lvl4 pet, new trick : Sit

Sit cant be used atm...

lvl 3 bristlehog can't " roll-over" or didn't get the *unlock*.
Maybe roll-over is only for "ancient" pets?

How do you "pick" your pet back up once spawned?

either dismiss it, TP, die, or use your chip

nope, it is just sent back to your inventory.

Only one name tag for 3 pets, tight :(

Would be cool to ride them, shame they didn't do that.

They used to be useful to get in the way of attacks being invincible...can't remember if they fixed that?

Would be cool to ride them, shame they didn't do that.

This has been expressed as a coming feature, so you can look forward to that (probably much further FORWARD than you expect right now).

More functionality will come to the pets in coming VUs.

Has anyone got anything out of 'affection'? Notes say we might get sthing good out of it :)

so in the past taming level determined how many u coudl spawn at same time...level 6=>2, 18=>3 something like that...still viable?

nope 1 pet is all you can get out at a time now, hopefully that changes or skilling to be able to have upto 5 out was basically useless.

Focus, XP and regen

Tests performed on a Bristlehog level 2, with Energy levels (just in case it affects the results) 39%-52% (Fed).

Focus regen:
The 30 seconds below is more like 30s + delay (probably MA-internal system lag of a perhaps 200-1500ms). Also, the skipping of both percentage points (sometimes 2, then one, then two) and the skipping of time-delay, is most likely due to internal representation not fitting display representation, combined with integer division truncation.

Focus Time
72 -> 74, 30s
74 -> 75, 30s
75 -> 77, 30s
77 -> 78, 30s
78 -> 80, 30s
80 -> 81, 30s
81 -> 82, 30s
82 -> 84, 30s
84 -> 85, 30s
85 -> 86, 30s
86 -> 87, 30s
87 -> 88, 30s
88 -> 89, 30s
89 -> 90, 30s
90 -> 91, 60s
91 -> 92, 30s
92 -> 93, 30s
93 -> 94, 30s
94 -> 95, 60s
95 -> 96, 60s
96 -> 97, 90s
97 -> 98, 120s ?
98 -> 99, 135s ?

Larger focus regen leaps:
Focus 50% -> 75%: approx 06:30 (mm:ss)
Focus 50% -> 90%: approx 07:45
Focus 50% -> 99%: approx 22:45

Focus consumption (% points when starting at 99%-ish) vs XP gain:
lvl 0 trick (Greet): Focus consumption: 1 (?). XP gain: 0.5
lvl 1 trick (Dance): Focus consumption: 2 (?). XP gain: 1
lvl 2 trick (Bow) : Focus consumption: 6. XP gain: 3

Starting at 99% and doing 2 Bow "tricks" in a row, Focus dropped from 99% to 78%, while XP went from 72% to 76%. Energy dropped from 41% to 40%. Extrapolating, this suggests at lvl 2 70%-ish, every % XP "costs" around 4 minutes (as the two tricks in a row "cost" approx 16 minutes to recover from).

It also suggests the "cost" in time of doing a trick (varying duration, from 250-500ms maybe) vs. regenerating lost Focus could be in the area of 1000:1.

I observed that focus consumption of the "trick" seemingly depends on initial focus. At 99%, the focus consumption for "Dance" was only 2 points, but at 80% I've observed it being more like 15! This suggests that internally there is a linear "cost" with everything, but the display value is exponential (or asymptotic). What I mean by this is that the "backend" "value" of the single percentage point from 98-99 is much, much larger than that of the move from 80-81 (possibly over 10 times).

This observation, combined with the "self regen" time for focus, suggests it's also following MA's model of making everything in EU asymptotic (or exponential, if you prefer). No great surprise there, even if obvious, predicable and perhaps somewhat disappointing.

I have so far observed gaining the following skills (in very small amounts) by just havin a pet spawned:
Animal Lore
Animal Taming
Zoology

While the critter can do "tricks" of varying duration, I haven't yet fond a way for it to turn tricks, or any other way for it to pay for its own living expenses.

Cheers, and happy skilling.

Nice, but this is one of the ugliest pets. I'm going for something that looks better.

btw I wonder if you buy pet is it keeping what it learned or there is some sort of skill/afection restart

pets should save the level they have when you sell it. So no restart.

Tests performed on a Bristlehog level 2, with Energy levels (just in case it affects the results) 39%-52% (Fed).

Focus regen:
The 30 seconds below is more like 30s + delay (probably MA-internal system lag of a perhaps 200-1500ms). Also, the skipping of both percentage points (sometimes 2, then one, then two) and the skipping of time-delay, is most likely due to internal representation not fitting display representation, combined with integer division truncation.

Focus Time
72 -> 74, 30s
74 -> 75, 30s
75 -> 77, 30s
77 -> 78, 30s
78 -> 80, 30s
80 -> 81, 30s
81 -> 82, 30s
82 -> 84, 30s
84 -> 85, 30s
85 -> 86, 30s
86 -> 87, 30s
87 -> 88, 30s
88 -> 89, 30s
89 -> 90, 30s
90 -> 91, 60s
91 -> 92, 30s
92 -> 93, 30s
93 -> 94, 30s
94 -> 95, 60s
95 -> 96, 60s
96 -> 97, 90s
97 -> 98, 120s ?
98 -> 99, 135s ?

Larger focus regen leaps:
Focus 50% -> 75%: approx 06:30 (mm:ss)
Focus 50% -> 90%: approx 07:45
Focus 50% -> 99%: approx 22:45

Focus consumption (% points when starting at 99%-ish) vs XP gain:
lvl 0 trick (Greet): Focus consumption: 1 (?). XP gain: 0.5
lvl 1 trick (Dance): Focus consumption: 2 (?). XP gain: 1
lvl 2 trick (Bow) : Focus consumption: 6. XP gain: 3

Starting at 99% and doing 2 Bow "tricks" in a row, Focus dropped from 99% to 78%, while XP went from 72% to 76%. Energy dropped from 41% to 40%. Extrapolating, this suggests at lvl 2 70%-ish, every % XP "costs" around 4 minutes (as the two tricks in a row "cost" approx 16 minutes to recover from).

It also suggests the "cost" in time of doing a trick (varying duration, from 250-500ms maybe) vs. regenerating lost Focus could be in the area of 1000:1.

I observed that focus consumption of the "trick" seemingly depends on initial focus. At 99%, the focus consumption for "Dance" was only 2 points, but at 80% I've observed it being more like 15! This suggests that internally there is a linear "cost" with everything, but the display value is exponential (or asymptotic). What I mean by this is that the "backend" "value" of the single percentage point from 98-99 is much, much larger than that of the move from 80-81 (possibly over 10 times).

This observation, combined with the "self regen" time for focus, suggests it's also following MA's model of making everything in EU asymptotic (or exponential, if you prefer). No great surprise there, even if obvious, predicable and perhaps somewhat disappointing.

I have so far observed gaining the following skills (in very small amounts) by just havin a pet spawned:
Animal Lore
Animal Taming
Zoology

While the critter can do "tricks" of varying duration, I haven't yet fond a way for it to turn tricks, or any other way for it to pay for its own living expenses.

Cheers, and happy skilling.

All that is for punys ! try out a daikiba ancient strong, and you need tons of bars to level up the pet.

but if the affection is to specific person :scratch2:

we can make a trade test, when i be back from ark with a level 4 daiki strong. But pets should not lost anything if you trade it.

How do you people experience the new whips!?

I had to put the 7PED ones at 300% to make sure I would break even. Do you find that expensive?

I would have expected much cheaper clicks.

How do you people experience the new whips!?

I had to put the 7PED ones at 300% to make sure I would break even. Do you find that expensive?

I would have expected much cheaper clicks.

bought the last one from ark auc for 500% :( used 1 ped tt to tame 10 nusul.

Wondering if you get scanning skills while you scan your own pet.

bristlehog level 4 get roll over

But basically: Your pet start starved ( 1% fed), 100 nutrio bar fill 25% (@ lvl 1, only 17.5 @ lvl 3).

Do they eat different? Cause i am sure i fed my Snablesnot Strong over 2500 Nutrios to get it full.

Back