VU 15.0 bugs

Teiwaz Storm

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Teiwaz Storm Ing
- When typing in chat, very often focus is lost and instead typing one end up executing commands tied to pressed keys

- When typing, camera seem to shake a bit sideways (this was with pet spawned, will need to see if no pet make difference - could be pet bug/issue)

- Friend list bugs are not fixed

- Shop msgs when offline not fixed

- For some people CTD are often now, it used to be fine before VU

- There's no way (not found) to make the 'progress' tool go to the smaller mode

- For some people the blue tp dots are gone from map. The tps are still there, though

- In space revived on top of Privateer (outside)

- Proximity chat is bugged. There is no indicator of who is speaking (last night in Twins some guy was watching movie and no indicator who was that other than moving closer/further changing volume). Also proximity chat sound can be heard even with EU minimized, when all other EU sounds are muted (not sure if it was like that before, but kinda makes sense for chat).
EDIT: Just heard other person at Minopolis Server and indicator was working. Either MA works quick or it's only certain server/avatar/circumstances problem.

- Some mobs are missing from radar as they aggro / get relatively close to them without aggro

- Global Events List is bugged: only 13 Calypso areas are available, the majority is missing

- Not sure if bug or feature but there is no way to minimize/hide Pet panel when it's spawned

- Third room of the 25 PED beacon is bugged. There is no way to get past rock walls in the middle of walkways. Beacon is impossible to complete and one is wasting PED attempting to run them. Screenshots here

- Impossible to trade at any random Space Station. Dropping PED or items doesn't work either.
When trying to trade with someone it instantly gives an error and the customer sees a trade screen that doesn't work

- Trade bug is also true on Spaceships... currently impossible to trade with a warp customer on board, or to sell repair tools and wire to repairers

- Universal ammo and regular ammo don't show total ammo while using weapon, example 500tt UNI + 500tt BLP and gun show 500tt ammo

- In game sounds are largely messed up or you could say missing. Ambient sounds often cut out altogether, a lot of gun sounds are missing and vehicles sounds can no longer be heard. It is often so bad it seems like the sound has been muted altogether

- For some people Entropia.exe loading time is way longer than before VU15 (once clicked "Launch" button in Client Loader), takes few minutes in extreme cases

- For some people, when TP chip charge cycle is complete the screen freezes for 10 seconds or so

- When getting Iron Challenges from terminal, two of previously completed challenges are showing in terminal: Iron Shinkiba/Daikiba stage V and Iron Steelbird stage III. It can be seen on screenshot that I finished those missions.

- Not sure if that's a bug - universal ammo can not be used on Mothership's gun turrets

- Visual bug - Exarosaur's death animataion not working, they just stand there when you kill+loot them

- Scary bug - when trading with other avatar, if item is in trade window and trade is cancelled, item do not show in inventory, compacting does not help. Solution is to click on other inventory tab and then back to one with item and it shows again.

Not new bugs but still existing and very annoying:

- The Friend List is bugged: if people try to send you a friend request when you're offline, the request gets lost in limbo, preventing you from ever being friends

- A similar thing happens to messages from shop sales while you're offline

- Trade window doesn't show the proper total tt value when adding items to it

- Acceleration buff from either Acceleration Chip or Adjusted Harrier is not speeding you up (ico is shown)

- PVP in the Landgrab lands still gets enabled after server restart

- By healing with a FAP or even a Chip sometimes the MSG appears "Target out of Range" even if i Focus on myself

- MSG "Healing is disminished by moving" - this MSG appears and lowers the healing rate but the Avatar doesnt move

- If you use a TP-chip, and you abort it because a message like "the distance is too short", then the TP chip gets stuck and you can't equip anything else until a relog. (I tried "exit game" and abort it but it didn't help).

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a bug, or intended, but ninja spawns are much more frequent now. :eyecrazy:

"Shrapnel will replace a portion of the total loot value formerly dropped in the form of ammo, animal oils, tier components, paint cans, etc."

195 ped glob gave me 50ped of shrapnel and 144ped blp ammo
270+glob gave me 180ped shrapnel and 70ped+ of laser ammo

anyway...Tried to clear shader cashe?

Shop msgs when offline not fixed.

Has anyone gotten any skill gain messages since the VU?

(Just wondering if it's a bug, if I've turned off some option in chat, or if I've just been too lazy this far)

Has anyone gotten any skill gain messages since the VU?

(Just wondering if it's a bug, if I've turned off some option in chat, or if I've just been too lazy this far)

Yup, seems normal to me.
Does not mean that some people might be affected by some bug. We seen it in past that only some avatars had some issues.

The patcher just chewed up my installation. Have to find download the client again now..... :mad:

CTD are often now, it used to be fine

There's no way (that I've found) to make the 'progress' tool go to the smaller mode.

The blue tp dots are gone from my map.

The tps are still there, though.

I'm wondering if this has to to with the 64bit client. Did any of the people that are crashing try the 32 bit? Also clear shader cache?

Some mobs are missing from radar as they agress toward you.

Health bar looks F-ed... (oh that's a feature???? )

someone needs glasses - or fired.

The Global Events List is bugged: only 13 Calypso areas are available, the majority is missing ...

list updated, keep reports coming

Some mobs are missing from radar as they agress toward you.

I hunted som Kerberos yesterday and some of them disapeared from radar once I got relatively close to them. Before they were able to aggro.

i cant trade at any random spacestation, dropping ped or items doesnt work either.
When trying to trade with someone it instantly gives me an error and the customer sees a trade screen that doesnt work.

Universal ammo and regular ammo dont show total ammo while using weapon.
example 500tt uni + 500tt blp gun show 500tt ammo.

Bug, feature? Fcking hate it either way..

Universal ammo and regular ammo dont show total ammo while using weapon.
example 500tt uni + 500tt blp gun show 500tt ammo.

Bug, feature? Fcking hate it either way..

Not sure why you think it should add both types of ammo together. :scratch2:
It uses any universal ammo first, then when that runs out, it automatically switches to blp.

In game sounds are largely messed up or you could say missing.

Ambient sounds often cut out altogether, a lot of gun sounds are missing and I can no longer hear any of the vehicles sounds.

It is often so bad it seems like the sound has been muted altogether. This really needs addressing.

Unable to trade anywhere in space

-- Impossible to trade at any random Space Station. Dropping PED or items doesn't work either.
When trying to trade with someone it instantly gives an error and the customer sees a trade screen that doesn't work

This is also true of spaceships... currently impossible to trade with a warp customer on board, or to sell repair tools and wire to repairers.
The time lost and the additional expense incurred by owners and or crew having to go to planet to trade, is ridiculous, and you just know a request for compensation would meet with an excuse.

This is also true of spaceships... currently impossible to trade with a warp customer on board, or to sell repair tools and wire to repairers.
The time lost and the additional expense incurred by owners and or crew having to go to planet to trade, is ridiculous, and you just know a request for compensation would meet with an excuse.

They probably did this to stop people passing loot off to "mule" avatars at space stations when hunting space mobs or pirating. Not good though i agree for everything else done "above board", and now if you run out of fuel in space or welding wire can't even get someone to sell you some :D.

Hope gets sorted out, will create more grief than it's intended effect.

Last edited:
Really annoying that on a 120 ped global if the item is 110 max tt.. that we now get 60 ped tt gun and remaining shrapnels. Personally i think this is wrongful loot distribution and items should not loot the same way as stackables, as in major part of there tt goes to shrapnels. Friend got a 300+ global with an item which has 216 ped max tt at 99 ped tt and and 216 peds of shrapnel and other stuff.

Please look into this as neither do buyers nor sellers want half tt guns.

Sure they do, and you can sometimes charge higher markup. People don't have enough peds for a full tt weapon, or they don't want to hunt for that long with that weapon.

Also, before, weapons were not always max tt when the global was that tt or higher.

List updated....

Really annoying that on a 120 ped global if the item is 110 max tt.. that we now get 60 ped tt gun and remaining shrapnels. Personally i think this is wrongful loot distribution and items should not loot the same way as stackables, as in major part of there tt goes to shrapnels. Friend got a 300+ global with an item which has 216 ped max tt at 99 ped tt and and 216 peds of shrapnel and other stuff.

While I agree that it is not ideal loot distribution, I think that topic doesn't belong in bugs therefore will not add this.
There is thread about Shrapnels in Dev forum.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but I found Entropia.exe loading time way longer than before once clicked "Launch" button in Client Loader with this VU

First time in space since the VU and this :( I had to go down to Caly to get payment from my passenger which I'd not intended to do. Its not always possible to take payment on planet before summon either so I hope that this gets fixed fast.

Back