VU 15.0 bugs

PVP in the Landgrab lands still gets enabled after server restart, not really a VU15 bug, but been here for a year so so... Really annoying.

'Offline for' stats are broken for some avatars.

Right now, I'm looking at someone on my FL, and it says 'Offline for 2 days, 21 hours', yet he has a couple of HoF entries 14...15 hours ago.

Might be a sporadic bug that surfaces now and then, not necessarily connected to this VU.

Not sure if its only me, but...does anyone else seem to encounter longer loading times?

It appears that it takes me much much longer to load into the game than compared to before the VU.

'Offline for' stats are broken for some avatars.

Right now, I'm looking at someone on my FL, and it says 'Offline for 2 days, 21 hours', yet he has a couple of HoF entries 14...15 hours ago.

Might be a sporadic bug that surfaces now and then, not necessarily connected to this VU.

That isnt broken. If they set the setting to invisible it shows them offline. It also runs the timer up on them as they are logged off but really online. No bug there.

I don't know if this is a bug, but it sure is annoying as hell:

Pets can be selected using the "Select next target" hotkey.

Not sure if its only me, but...does anyone else seem to encounter longer loading times?

It appears that it takes me much much longer to load into the game than compared to before the VU.

Same here.

First, some required content is downloaded (0%), then it is compacted, then I can hit the launch button, and then it takes a loooong time until the client appears an I can log in.

From the patch notes...

"The Toulan Tabtab pet may cause the 64-bit Client to crash on Windows 8. Using the 32-bit client avoids the problem."

This is incorrect, 32- bit, 64-bit, safe mode, sounds off ect ect, and tabtab will crash the game.

If you are facing the tabtab when you crash, you need to be able to turn away before the object loads, or you crash again.

- In space revived on top of Privateer (outside)...

This bug often happened already exiting a seat though, reviving there must be new perhaps. So they "improved" it ;p

This bug often happened already exiting a seat though, reviving there must be new perhaps. So they "improved" it ;p
No it is not new it was before VU

But this bug with "launching" EU client is very very important and it is a good reason for someone who just starting Entropia to "rage quit"!!!!! AND I'm FURIOUS ABOUT IT!!!! (Sorry for the tone!!!)
FIX IS NEEDED ASAP

Sure they do, and you can sometimes charge higher markup. People don't have enough peds for a full tt weapon, or they don't want to hunt for that long with that weapon.

Also, before, weapons were not always max tt when the global was that tt or higher.

I also do this when I'm trying out a new weapon. Why pay full TT + MU for something I may not like?

But this bug with "launching" EU client is very very important and it is a good reason for someone who just starting Entropia to "rage quit"!!!!! AND I'm FURIOUS ABOUT IT!!!! (Sorry for the tone!!!)
FIX IS NEEDED ASAP

+1000

2 mins for client loader to download 0% content, then 3 mins after clicking on 'launch' before I can even enter login details...

PITA to be sure

FIX IS NEEDED ASAP

Load "Entropia Universe" 8,1

HahaHaHaha

ps. be very happy its not on cassette....

ps2. this is your biggest problem, 1 minute instead of 10secs???

Genesis prism of destruction shooting animation is slower than real hits. You get in average 2 shooting animation for three actual shoots wish is annoying

Load "Entropia Universe" 8,1

HahaHaHaha

ps. be very happy its not on cassette....

ps2. this is your biggest problem, 1 minute instead of 10secs???

it is not 1 minute!!!!!!!!!!
it is more than 4-5' or maybe launcher need restart several times to work :mad:
and it is not the biggest...it is THE problem :censored:

Genesis prism of destruction shooting animation is slower than real hits. You get in average 2 shooting animation for three actual shoots wish is annoying
This is the case with many melee weapons, especially fast ones. E.g. Bukin's blade is affected, too.

It however started already in 14.8 or 14.9.

it is not 1 minute!!!!!!!!!!
it is more than 4-5' or maybe launcher need restart several times to work :mad:
and it is not the biggest...it is THE problem :censored:

Loading time being the biggest problem, grow up FFS........ If only the loading time was the biggest problem.....

Loading time being the biggest problem, grow up FFS........ If only the loading time was the biggest problem.....
I wonder?
do you have any problem with me or my avatar?

because if you are I have a response for you :yup:
don't make me announce to you :wise:
go back-post to another one pls

Last edited:
I wonder about that extraordinary loading time...
Could it be that you have fragmented HDD? Because I don't see it any longer than it was before - I work on SSD.
Try de-fragmenting disk and see if it makes any difference.

Could it be that you have fragmented HDD? Because I don't see it any longer than it was before - I work on SSD.

every other app is working perfect and flawless,
and my system is very new with great performance in graphics and HD speed data access.
So starting tweaks to my system for this bug? isn't a logic reaction
and as far as I know because I have friends both in game and iRL who playing in EU; that isn't an issue on my system only.

PS. I log in and off about 10 or maybe more times in a day -->10 x 3/5' =30-50'/day?
that's a reason I'm not playing EU so frequently now!

every other app is working perfect and flawless,
and my system is very new with great performance in graphics and HD speed data access.

What OS you use?, Is it Win 8 or 8.1 ?
I'm in Win 7 64 bit with SSD and have no issues with that.

I wonder?
do you have any problem with me or my avatar?

because if you are I have a response for you :yup:
don't make me announce to you :wise:
go back-post to another one pls

What I mean is that EU has far larger problems than a 2-5 minute loading time for some, nothing personal, especially not with your avatar (I do have a RL, who the f*** cares about some1s avatar?). My comp is by no means highend today and no SSD and still I don´t have such long loading times, true a bit longer than pre VU 15, but honestly its the least of my problems. IF you are login in 10-15 times daily, you are probably sitting in front of your comp anyway, I´m sure you can find something of interest for the couple of minutes it takes to load???

Ok so ... I reinstalled EU altogether to see if that might fix the client loading time being several years..

IT DIDN'T.

It really is the most annoying of them all... Relogs in critical situations take forever.

Universal ammo cant be used on mothership gun turrets.

Not very 'universal' if i cant even hunt in space with it in my opinion.

Please enable spacecraft guns for universal ammo or remove shrapnel from space loot.

3 Bugs before VU15 but still in game

1. By healing with a FAP or even a Chip sometimes the MSG appears "Target out of Range" even if i Focus on myself.
2. MSG "Healing is disminished by moving" - this MSG appears and lowers the healing rate but the Avatar doesnt move.
3. Radar issue - sometimes the whole objects disappear in the Radar for a few seconds - sometimes the objects return and disappear again.

All 3 are bad when hunting ... #3 even by trying to move around mob

help

I need help. I cant get my launch button to turn green. no matter what I o I cant get it green. I ran repair and it said that everything was valad. I reinstalled and still cat play. what do I do

I need help. I cant get my launch button to turn green. no matter what I o I cant get it green. I ran repair and it said that everything was valad. I reinstalled and still cat play. what do I do

If you have a very good connection, I'd suggest uninstalling the game completely... Not simply reinstalling because all that does is replace the executables and such.
It can't stay greyed out after a complete reinstall I don't think...
But before that, if you have something still not downloaded in Dynamic Content tab, check and after download you might get lucky.

Lowest Priority

*Sometimes they die and fall sometimes not.*
Exarasaur Death Animataion Not Working
Seems to be temporary visual bug.

They just stand there when you kill+loot them

Jay-Jay

Last edited:
If you have a very good connection, I'd suggest uninstalling the game completely... Not simply reinstalling because all that does is replace the executables and such.
It can't stay greyed out after a complete reinstall I don't think...
But before that, if you have something still not downloaded in Dynamic Content tab, check and after download you might get lucky.

Nope, it's a bug issue. Many people are having the issue. Seems to be worrying Win7 users mostly. There is a long delay (mostly it ranges from 2 mins to 5 mins, had one it never loaded the green button and 2 that it took over 8 mins) for the server to send the needed startup required content and allow you to load game.

Last edited:

I too have longer loading time with a client loader screen that wants to download an update, that seems frozen for a few minutes, then mysteriously, the long on screen appears, and usually a different loading image every time new log in.

everything remained the same before VU 15. opening EU was fast and without problem. I run the 64 bit win-7 and routinely do maintenance on the HD, don't own pets, cleared shader cache, have run the repair tool, comes back as good install. but problem didn't exist until VU.

So, I too believe there is a problem with the VU and hope for fix with quick maintenance patch. everyone with this same issue couldn't have fragmented HD's all at the same time only affecting EU

This is not a major problem for me, just pointing out that there is an issue with win-7 64 bit users and the new VU

Last edited:
Same here.

First, some required content is downloaded (0%), then it is compacted, then I can hit the launch button, and then it takes a loooong time until the client appears an I can log in.

I have this issue precisely as you describe it too, and on all my PCs.

It's particularly bad if I'm an area surrounded by mobs - swarmed before I get a chance to shoot back.

Back