VU 15.0 bugs

Pre-VU 15 bug that still is there:
If you use a TP-chip, and you abort it because a message like "the distance is too short" and you dismiss the map, then the TP chip gets stuck and you can't equip anything else until a relog. (I tried "exit game" and abort it but it didn't help).

First time I noticed it was when I wanted to TP from my apartment to the teleporter. Today, in the middle of a WOF match, I got it when teleporting a long distance with Another chip, noticed I didn't end up at top of the mountain so I decided to try a smaller TP-chip to get up to the hill. Meanwhile, a molisk has aggroed on me but I wasn't able to switch to weapon and kill it, and I didn't want to go to revival (as it is likely to cause a CTD which I did not want at the moment).(I'm pretty sure for a while it was possible to teleport also short distances.)

This bug probably appeared after a fix of the bug, where the chip instead of getting permanently stuck, got a very slow progress bar after dismissing the map.

Anyone. notice the minor Icarus camp wall bug? :tongue2:

No idea if it's a bug or if it was a reason for it, though: Yesterday, after a CTD, the client loader fetched ~47 mb data for "the thing" on Rocktropia.

It just feels a bit unlikely that MA would release a Rocktropia update just like that in the middle of a weekend.

When I try to place a way point onto precise co-ords on my map, the way point is placed in a totally different spot on the map. Anyone else have this bug?

Just crafted some Basic Auxiliary Sockets Adjusted, well thought I craft this from L BP, but what dropped is normal auxiliary sockets, not adjusted ones.
Material used for adjusted and attempts on L BP lowered, so NO I did not craft the wrong BP, but got the wrong product!

Edit:
Made an additional test and crafted some normal auxiliary sockets, and those where added to the stack that should be adjusted ones.
Its not only the item info wrong displayed its definately wrong item dropped!

Last edited:
Just crafted some Basic Auxiliary Sockets Adjusted, well thought I craft this from L BP, but what dropped is normal auxiliary sockets, not adjusted ones.
Material used for adjusted and attempts on L BP lowered, so NO I did not craft the wrong BP, but got the wrong product!

Edit:
Made an additional test and crafted some normal auxiliary sockets, and those where added to the stack that should be adjusted ones.
Its not only the item info wrong displayed its definately wrong item dropped!
it's the BP that's adjusted, not the items!

Since the update textures now look like they were applied at 100% even though the info window states that they were applied at 75% or 97% saturation. Does anyone else have this problem? I tried another computer just after the update and the textures looked fine on that one.

When I try to place a way point onto precise co-ords on my map, the way point is placed in a totally different spot on the map. Anyone else have this bug?

This was something they added to the space map awhile ago. When in space, if you add a waypoint to a space station or a training ground the marker goes to the exact middle. Guess they decided to add this feature to land areas on planets also.

Ah bugs...

My Vain armor have also shrapnel protection 18.
Seem armor is buged ...lol
I get a lot sharpnel lately.

Didn't have time to read through all the pages, but, if no-one mentioned this yet:

- When typing in chat, very often focus is lost and instead typing one end up executing commands tied to pressed keys
Would seem that if you leave your mouse cursor just hovering, and someone runs "under" your cursor, it will steal the focus, one way of countering this could be by placing your cursor over some icons in your hotkeybar, haven't tried yet but, that seemed to be the cause of the problem.

Ah bugs...

My Vain armor have also shrapnel protection 18.
Seem armor is buged ...lol
I get a lot shrapnel lately.

A good thing, you can take it up to 101% ! :thumbup:

101% Shrapnels / 1 pec decay taking off the armor (* to reduce the lag *) = same fight...

Hey!

A bunch of bug fixes will be released tomorrow for you guys.

We are doing everything we can to fix all the bugs, this list helped us a lot.

Much appreciated!

- The Friend List is bugged: if people try to send you a friend request when you're offline, the request gets lost in limbo, preventing you from ever being friends

Yeah I got the problem too, a friend and myself tried to add eachothers as friend, but we cant.
This bug exist since before the start of the migration, so a good 4 months already if not more...

- MSG "Healing is disminished by moving" - this MSG appears and lowers the healing rate but the Avatar doesnt move

More a feature than a so called bug. This is happening since YEARS.
We asked it to be fixed thousands of times, but is still happening today,
so I don't see how we could not call this a real feature.

Maybe it's only me but I have experienced a large increase in failed shots, where the weapon just freezes then attacks 3 - 4 times very quickly but only does damage on one or 2 of these attacks, the chat window lists fail, yesterday I was hunting feffox and getting this on nearly every mob, the buggers still regen though when this occurs

Maybe it's only me but I have experienced a large increase in failed shots, where the weapon just freezes then attacks 3 - 4 times very quickly but only does damage on one or 2 of these attacks, the chat window lists fail, yesterday I was hunting feffox and getting this on nearly every mob, the buggers still regen though when this occurs

And they still hit you while it occurs, too.

Hey!

Much appreciated!
Ty for the post. Any chance of getting a list of fixes now? ;)

Yes I been getting that a lot. Usually on other planets, and mainly on LA's.

Yes I been getting that a lot. Usually on other planets, and mainly on LA's.

Not a bug for me.

Clic on LAs directly is showing the position of the land marker / refining station

Hide the LAs from the map, then clic to get your waypoint.
Not the most simple way, but that's the way to do it.

Hey!

Much appreciated!

Nice to know.

Now, please have a glance at support case 289215 and please tell if the requests from support towards a player are reasonable. "What times exactly did you post the items on AH. What times exactly those transactions ended"... Polite, but worryingly amateurish.

Do I have to keep minute notes about those things, because? Don't you have a tool to select a player from the database and almost instantly see all his AH actions and PvP trades and even TT transactions, with the option to filter things as desired, for few months back even?

If not, is a shame. If yes, why so lazy ?

Not sure if its only me, but...does anyone else seem to encounter longer loading times?

It appears that it takes me much much longer to load into the game than compared to before the VU.

Yes. It is preloading all the shrapnel you're going to get. :)

Not sure if anyone has noticed but damn Heal chip is using Univeral ammo instead of my sythentic mind essence!

This is a real pain since im saving shrapnel to convert to do a full run whilst also using a heal chip!

MA please please remove the use of universal ammo on chips!

This is usually caused by network conditions and the solution often is to stop playing over wireless and get a piece of cable. (What good is a network you can't hang socks on, anyway? :))
If you're not playing over wireless and still get this, then most likely your ISP sucks.

This is usually caused by network conditions and the solution often is to stop playing over wireless and get a piece of cable. (What good is a network you can't hang socks on, anyway? :))
If you're not playing over wireless and still get this, then most likely your ISP sucks.

I have the same issue from time to time and I think isn't an ISP problem.
I use 2 different networks (first from work another from home) in fiber optics with "unlimited" bandwidth because I'm working in the network provider! From both connections I face the same issue.
This problem appeared more often after VU, but it was there before too, but less frequent.
Now seems that I loose much more frames (sometimes 8-10 shots with a gun that I have about 60 shots per minute) while I hitted by the mobs during this "freeze".
Ninja attacks are often so died more often too.

Last edited:
Just tried to enter my Starfinder 20 mins before patch shutdown, could not do it. Tried to enter the station, same thing. Relogged thinking that my avatar would revive on my ship, Noooo. revive failed so I was stuck drifting in space :( Logged off again hoping that revive will work again after the patch.

Trading on ships and stations was disabled or bugged so from this I'm assuming that they took the ship and station servers offline before the full shutdown.

Loading screen DOES NOT go away no matter how much time elapses

Prior to VU 15, I could hit log in, and it would go right into the game quickly no problem at all.

After VU 15...

Well... The loading screen goes to full progress and then doesn't go away... EVER. And yes, it increased the CPU load big time trying to launch the game in the first place, but I've noticed the memory usage seems to be much lower than it was in the past VU's. Anyways, I can hear all the sounds, I can hear what people are doing, but all I can see is the loading screen. I've left it sit for hours and it still won't transition into the game screen I wait and wait for.

IF I go somewhere with even faster internet, there's a 50/50 chance of it actually going into the game and only after many minutes. This is very much unacceptable.

MA, I suggest you find what you broke, and unbreak it!

I've tried clearing shader cache, tried repairing, tried safe mode, nothing is making the problem lessen in severity. If anyone has a genuine fix for this, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure if anyone has noticed but damn Heal chip is using Univeral ammo instead of my sythentic mind essence!

This is a real pain since im saving shrapnel to convert to do a full run whilst also using a heal chip!

MA please please remove the use of universal ammo on chips!

I noticed and while solo, I am going back to FAP healing. I do not like my Universal ammo being used on my heal chip.

These new automatic health bars that appear over mobs (not the traditional one you can drag to shoot at)

They are on top of half my buttons at top centre of screen (which I don't want to move as I play in several screen resolutions on different PCs).

Also they're often on top of the dragged health bar after the mob is dead so I can't loot while shooting at another mob without changing my viewing angle.

Makes you wonder if they actually tested any of this before releasing. Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Using elevators or enter the game causes you to get stuck inside a wall, when using teleport (T) you end up under the revival and are stuck yet again.

I cant play this game atm :D

Back