Loot distribution changes: Combibo

Spinage

Alpha
I have been logging my Combibo hunts from stage 1 through to half way through stage 5 before VU15 came, and thought it would be interesting to take a look at the loot distribution changes after my first 250~ ped hunt on them in the new version.

Pre version 15, this was my log of total distribution over about 2k ped cycled in Combibo young-provider (mostly young-old: south of Billy's).

Here are a few examples of individual 200-300 ped runs (This is around 600-800 kills per run, which gives a fairly none-volatile return that overall stands at 93.89% with a range of 91-109% per run.

As you can see, the more common loots are fairly consistent in their percentage of overall loot, and even the rarer loots are quite consistent overall.

Due to this predictability, it's a good example to compare with my last run, which was done today (VU 15.) and shows a large difference from the predicted outcome:

A few things I have noted:

It seems that shrapnel has not actually effected the majority of the loot that made up most of the returns: for example, muscle oil and ammo retain similar distribution.

Shrapnel seems to be taking up most of all of the miscellaneous items you get usually.

Excluding a freak loot of 0.04 strong clothe extractor, the only extractor I looted was Basic Stone, which was common from this mob prior the VU 15, and seems to have retained it's distribution %age. No basic leather extractors or other common or rare extractors dropped.

Simplifier components were very stable pre VU15. They still only loot in 1s, even though they are stackable, but seem to drop far less than they did.

No Wool variant dropped at all. Nor did any other variant of hide besides 'animal hide' (ignoring combibo skin).

No other paint besides 'orange' dropped. Incidentally, this is one of the highest totals of orange paint I have had from one of these runs (4x it's previous average).

No explosive shots were looted during this entire run.

No weapon drop this run, though this has happened before and is mostly dependent on 'globals'.

No Socket components were dropped, nor any other components besides the interactive simplifier and one loot of 4 tier I enhancer components.

Conclusions

It is still too soon to say for sure, but I am inclined to say that mobs now drop less of a range of items commonly. They will now loot more specifically: for example, combibos loot orange paint, another mob must be looting green paint, another olive paint, etc.

This is a good thing, in my opinion, as it gives more solid reasoning for hunting specific mobs, besides their big item drops, which are rare in the grand scheme of things.

For the most part, shrapnel takes up this % of the distribution, leaving the other item loots (like for example, muscle oil) unchanged.

Some loot distributions have been altered though, a clear example being the simplifier component, or orange paint in Combibo.

I like the changes.

I have been logging my Combibo hunts from stage 1 through to half way through stage 5 before VU15 came, and thought it would be interesting to take a look at the loot distribution changes after my first 250~ ped hunt on them in the new version.

Pre version 15, this was my log of total distribution over about 2k ped cycled in Combibo young-provider (mostly young-old: south of Billy's).

Here are a few examples of individual 200-300 ped runs (This is around 600-800 kills per run, which gives a fairly none-volatile return that overall stands at 93.89% with a range of 91-109% per run.

As you can see, the more common loots are fairly consistent in their percentage of overall loot, and even the rarer loots are quite consistent overall.

Due to this predictability, it's a good example to compare with my last run, which was done today (VU 15.) and shows a large difference from the predicted outcome:

A few things I have noted:

It seems that shrapnel has not actually effected the majority of the loot that made up most of the returns: for example, muscle oil and ammo retain similar distribution.

Shrapnel seems to be taking up most of all of the miscellaneous items you get usually.

Excluding a freak loot of 0.04 strong clothe extractor, the only extractor I looted was Basic Stone, which was common from this mob prior the VU 15, and seems to have retained it's distribution %age. No basic leather extractors or other common or rare extractors dropped.

Simplifier components were very stable pre VU15. They still only loot in 1s, even though they are stackable, but seem to drop far less than they did.

No Wool variant dropped at all. Nor did any other variant of hide besides 'animal hide' (ignoring combibo skin).

No other paint besides 'orange' dropped. Incidentally, this is one of the highest totals of orange paint I have had from one of these runs (4x it's previous average).

No explosive shots were looted during this entire run.

No weapon drop this run, though this has happened before and is mostly dependent on 'globals'.

No Socket components were dropped, nor any other components besides the interactive simplifier and one loot of 4 tier I enhancer components.

Conclusions

It is still too soon to say for sure, but I am inclined to say that mobs now drop less of a range of items commonly. They will now loot more specifically: for example, combibos loot orange paint, another mob must be looting green paint, another olive paint, etc.

This is a good thing, in my opinion, as it gives more solid reasoning for hunting specific mobs, besides their big item drops, which are rare in the grand scheme of things.

For the most part, shrapnel takes up this % of the distribution, leaving the other item loots (like for example, muscle oil) unchanged.

Some loot distributions have been altered though, a clear example being the simplifier component, or orange paint in Combibo.

I like the changes.

I agree. It's a very good change that nearly every shred of that pesky MU has been removed from our loot.

Im hunting Argos for the 10k challenge, and may end up having to stop. I am now getting absolutely ZERO muscle oil which was one of the few things with markup it was dropping, but more than normal eye oil which is effectively TT food.

Same on ambu, only adrenal oil ... no more muscle. Which mobs are looting muscle oil atm ?

EDIT : It will need a large effort to update entropedia...

I agree. It's a very good change that nearly every shred of that pesky MU has been removed from our loot.

:') Very naive sir. Very naive.

Firstly, the 101% from shrapnel is higher than most of the loot anyway. Secondly, by giving each mob specific resources instead of basically getting the same stuff from everything, you create niches which reward players for careful mob selection, similar to how miners are rewarded for going into higher MU areas.

Resources from under hunted mobs will become in demand soon and the players who hunt these overlooked mobs will be rewarded. Meanwhile, people who just want to keep hunting their favorite mobs will barely notice a difference.

Or maybe you prefer stacking random junk over weeks before having enough to get the tiniest of MU?

Same on ambu, only adrenal oil ... no more muscle. Which mobs are looting muscle oil atm ?

EDIT : It will need a large effort to update entropedia...

Combibo young-provider are looting muscle oil. Roughly 30% of all returns are muscle oil.

Im hunting Argos for the 10k challenge, and may end up having to stop. I am now getting absolutely ZERO muscle oil which was one of the few things with markup it was dropping, but more than normal eye oil which is effectively TT food.

How much Iron you are getting from Argonauts now?

Last time I hunted them I was averaging around 5% of returns in Iron, I wonder if this has changed with new distribution?

Last edited:
:') Very naive sir. Very naive.

Firstly, the 101% from shrapnel is higher than most of the loot anyway. Secondly, by giving each mob specific resources instead of basically getting the same stuff from everything, you create niches which reward players for careful mob selection, similar to how miners are rewarded for going into higher MU areas.

Resources from under hunted mobs will become in demand soon and the players who hunt these overlooked mobs will be rewarded. Meanwhile, people who just want to keep hunting their favorite mobs will barely notice a difference.

Or maybe you prefer stacking random junk over weeks before having enough to get the tiniest of MU?

Naive?

ROFL.

The only naive ones are the ones buying the BS you are selling.

Even the most die hard proponents of the 90% fantasy will tell you that it all depends on MU. Remove the MU from loot and it goes from fantasy to delusional. Look at your own log you posted up there. Better than half your loot is shrapnel/ammo . This is a pretty drastic change from the previous versions' 20%ish ammo loot.

The only reason that most of the loot before this version was TT garbage is because it carried a less than 103% MU requiring you to stack a lot more than you would get in a dozen runs to make it worth selling/buying. Now you have a guarantee that better than half your loot is undeniably TT garbage, but the rest of it is pretty much going to be TT garbage as well. Shit... I have yet to see any explosive projectile ammo dropped... and that had a little MU.

Let's address the shrapnel...
100:101.... Wow. You need to have 100 ped worth of that garbage in order to profit.... errr... ASK one ped more than TT value. This is assuming you are willing to spend the next week or two annoying the crap out of everyone at Twin Peaks trying to hawk your shrapnel. ANYONE WHO WILL USE SHRAPNEL TO CONVERT TO AMMO ALREADY HAS PLENTY OF THEIR OWN. I do not for see a line going around the block to buy shrapnel.

Let's talk about the loot drop algorithm... It's pretty well established that if you aren't willing to kill at least 100 of whatever you are hunting that you shouldn't expect very many drops that exceed the cost to kill it.
Now, before this version, I could take 500 ped of ammo ( I don't include decay because frankly, it's too much of a chore for MA to dole out 80% of your ammo, let alone decay) over to Nea's, blow my wad and walk out of there with 150 ped in TT garbage/ammo and 300 ped in salable/craftable loot. I could go there, and walk out with enough oils (and different oils) to craft 250+ clicks of simple I conductors and maybe 40-75 clicks of simple ii conductors. In that crafting, I could global or hof but I would have something I could sell at 103% to 109%. ANd if I felt like selling them, I could break up the oils into lots and sell them at 110% ALL DAY LONG. This was how I stretched my deposits.

Those days are gone.

Now, I can go there and walk out with only one kind of oil, less of it than before, and a whole bunch of guaranteed no MU possible trash. Now I need to go hunt 2 other mobs for the other oils with the same shitty results. Better bust out the old debit card huh? And I can count on one hand the total amount of wool, I've gotten since. So now, it takes several runs for me to get what I need instead of the one. TOTALLY BETTER THAN BEFORE!!!

MindArk has not made one change to this game that was an actual benefit to the players. Sure, they've improved the eye candy here and there, but if you think they sit around in their meetings and discuss how to make things better for us, you are not living in the real world. They sit around and discuss how they can save on lube when they bend us over.

Naive?

ROFL.

The only naive ones are the ones buying the BS you are selling.

Even the most die hard proponents of the 90% fantasy will tell you that it all depends on MU. Remove the MU from loot and it goes from fantasy to delusional. Look at your own log you posted up there. Better than half your loot is shrapnel/ammo . This is a pretty drastic change from the previous versions' 20%ish ammo loot.

The only reason that most of the loot before this version was TT garbage is because it carried a less than 103% MU requiring you to stack a lot more than you would get in a dozen runs to make it worth selling/buying. Now you have a guarantee that better than half your loot is undeniably TT garbage, but the rest of it is pretty much going to be TT garbage as well. Shit... I have yet to see any explosive projectile ammo dropped... and that had a little MU.

Let's address the shrapnel...
100:101.... Wow. You need to have 100 ped worth of that garbage in order to profit.... errr... ASK one ped more than TT value. This is assuming you are willing to spend the next week or two annoying the crap out of everyone at Twin Peaks trying to hawk your shrapnel. ANYONE WHO WILL USE SHRAPNEL TO CONVERT TO AMMO ALREADY HAS PLENTY OF THEIR OWN. I do not for see a line going around the block to buy shrapnel.

Let's talk about the loot drop algorithm... It's pretty well established that if you aren't willing to kill at least 100 of whatever you are hunting that you shouldn't expect very many drops that exceed the cost to kill it.
Now, before this version, I could take 500 ped of ammo ( I don't include decay because frankly, it's too much of a chore for MA to dole out 80% of your ammo, let alone decay) over to Nea's, blow my wad and walk out of there with 150 ped in TT garbage/ammo and 300 ped in salable/craftable loot. I could go there, and walk out with enough oils (and different oils) to craft 250+ clicks of simple I conductors and maybe 40-75 clicks of simple ii conductors. In that crafting, I could global or hof but I would have something I could sell at 103% to 109%. ANd if I felt like selling them, I could break up the oils into lots and sell them at 110% ALL DAY LONG. This was how I stretched my deposits.

Those days are gone.

Now, I can go there and walk out with only one kind of oil, less of it than before, and a whole bunch of guaranteed no MU possible trash. Now I need to go hunt 2 other mobs for the other oils with the same shitty results. Better bust out the old debit card huh? And I can count on one hand the total amount of wool, I've gotten since. So now, it takes several runs for me to get what I need instead of the one. TOTALLY BETTER THAN BEFORE!!!

MindArk has not made one change to this game that was an actual benefit to the players. Sure, they've improved the eye candy here and there, but if you think they sit around in their meetings and discuss how to make things better for us, you are not living in the real world. They sit around and discuss how they can save on lube when they bend us over.

Huh?

The 101% applies to yourself even if you convert it and use it.. which unless you are stopping all together, you are going to make use of.

If you were profitting from hunting I'd see your complaint, but I seriously doubt you were. Even with your "salable" stacks (Which mostly sit in your storage for weeks - if you are lucky - or months.). The facts are a lot of the stuff you looted had no demand, a few things did but everybody was looting them anyway, like muscle oil.

Because stuff is not obtained incidentally now, the value of in-demand items will rise: already Muscle oil has raised 2-3% over 2 days, eye oil 1%, and this is with a lot of the slower players not even actively trying to sell their stuff higher.

For a detailed example

Exluding muscle oil, if I had sold all of my loot at an 'expected MU' (which I tracked in the same spreadsheet), I'd of got 9ped of MU pre VU 10, total, from 2k of loot. Thats about 0.45% MU.

Muscle oil at 103% gave me about 18ped~ MU over the same time.

With Muscle oil at 105% I'd of got 32ped.

Now take into account the 1% I would of got from shrapnel and that's effectively another free 6~ped if the distribution remains consistent.

So in the new system I lose 9ped of MU in stackable crap that takes ages to build up good ammounts and is a risk to sell due to auction fees, but gain 20 ped in muscle oil MU and shrapnel bonus. Overall 11ped or 0.5% increase.

Less hassle, less tied ped, less risk, more overall return. That's exluding the fact that it's likely other things will gain MU, and I doubt muscle oil will only go up by 2%.

The problem with MA isn't that they actively try to rip people off with these changes. Lowering MU doesn't line their pockets any faster, nor does giving you a guaranteed 101%, which comes from THEIR pocket instead of the player-base.

The problem with MA is they have really poor communication and terrible marketting. A simple newsletter or patch preview video or even a simple forum thread outlining why they are making the change and how it benefits players would solve a lot of the problem.

Otherwise you just get confused people who wonder why MU is seemingly being "removed" from loot, failing to realise that this MU has just been "relocated" and it's your goal as a player to find it. MA should actively advertise this. This is the true issue with MA.

PS
All of my logs show a TT return rate of 90%~ over any substantial time. This hunting log is currently on 93% Avg TT return over 2.3k ped cycled into lvl 4 mobs. It is hardly a fantasy, and this has nothing to do with MU.

Last edited:
hi

has anyone noticed you can no longer find fruit and stones

<removed affiliate link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?

The 101% applies to yourself even if you convert it and use it.. which unless you are stopping all together, you are going to make use of.

If you were profitting from hunting I'd see your complaint, but I seriously doubt you were. Even with your "salable" stacks (Which mostly sit in your storage for weeks - if you are lucky - or months.). The facts are a lot of the stuff you looted had no demand, a few things did but everybody was looting them anyway, like muscle oil.

Because stuff is not obtained incidentally now, the value of in-demand items will rise: already Muscle oil has raised 2-3% over 2 days, eye oil 1%, and this is with a lot of the slower players not even actively trying to sell their stuff higher.

For a detailed example

Exluding muscle oil, if I had sold all of my loot at an 'expected MU' (which I tracked in the same spreadsheet), I'd of got 9ped of MU pre VU 10, total, from 2k of loot. Thats about 0.45% MU.

Muscle oil at 103% gave me about 18ped~ MU over the same time.

With Muscle oil at 105% I'd of got 32ped.

Now take into account the 1% I would of got from shrapnel and that's effectively another free 6~ped if the distribution remains consistent.

So in the new system I lose 9ped of MU in stackable crap that takes ages to build up good ammounts and is a risk to sell due to auction fees, but gain 20 ped in muscle oil MU and shrapnel bonus. Overall 11ped or 0.5% increase.

Less hassle, less tied ped, less risk, more overall return. That's exluding the fact that it's likely other things will gain MU, and I doubt muscle oil will only go up by 2%.

The problem with MA isn't that they actively try to rip people off with these changes. Lowering MU doesn't line their pockets any faster, nor does giving you a guaranteed 101%, which comes from THEIR pocket instead of the player-base.

The problem with MA is they have really poor communication and terrible marketting. A simple newsletter or patch preview video or even a simple forum thread outlining why they are making the change and how it benefits players would solve a lot of the problem.

Otherwise you just get confused people who wonder why MU is seemingly being "removed" from loot, failing to realise that this MU has just been "relocated" and it's your goal as a player to find it. MA should actively advertise this. This is the true issue with MA.

PS
All of my logs show a TT return rate of 90%~ over any substantial time. This hunting log is currently on 93% Avg TT return over 2.3k ped cycled into lvl 4 mobs. It is hardly a fantasy, and this has nothing to do with MU.

I don't see how you cannot understand this...

If I wamt to make a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, I now have to go to three different store to get each ingredient. How is that to my benefit?

I don't know about you... but if I wanted to craft with wools... before this version I got them. In this version. I don't get them. If I wanted to sell them, they sold, but in this version.... I don't get them. So... nothing to craft, and possibly global/hof on and nothing to sell.

All the loot now has absolutely no mark up. There's nothing to stack and wait to sell because you just don't get it. You get ammo and shrapnel. Out of the TT garbage, almost all of it is ammo and shrapnel. Before, If I was willing to stack extractors, after awhile I would have a stack that I could actually sell, now, I do not get that. More than half the loot is guaranteed NO MARKUP no matter how much you stack.

I', not paid to kiss MindArk's ass and I'm not going to do it for free. Why the hell are you? Sure I can convert shrapnel to ammo... but you know what, previously, I had the fucking CHOICE of deciding what I was willing to sit on and what I was going to TT. I no longer have that. They removed mark up from the loot. One thing about this game that you FAIL to understand is that EVERYTHING sells at markup as long as you are willing to sit on it until it sells. The 90% bullshit requires that you SELL EVERYTHING YOU GET AT MARKUP. Remove the markup from loot and you lose.

Go hunt something a bit more expensive than Combibo Youngs and tell me how well your no MU loot is working out for you.

Look at your OP... you got jack shit for your runs and of all that crap, more than half of it cannot bring you MU.

At 100:101, you need 100 ped of shrapnel to kill just one more Argonaut if you convert. This is not a good deal.

When a game developer makes an obvious money grab, the people that come into the forums to offer excuses for it, FOR FREE, are the worst kind of fanbois. Congrats. You're the only type MA will listen to, so enjoy your extra deposits as new players and some older ones say "Fuck this bullshit."

Personally i can't see how this is better system but many people i speak to say it is. At moment mark ups will mean losses for most i suspect until market reacts to new drops. Seems shrapnel and ammo now make up most of loot as a % now, maybe different mobs give different results. On plus side there are old armours dropping again, heard kobold, pixie, nemesis drops have happened, but today these armours are kinda dated imo, better more eco options out there in (L) land.

Is a change back to old PE loot in a way, shrapnel/ammo instead of PED in loot + stuff. In old PE (project entropia) animal hides were like 200%, so maybe this is the idea behind changes. However for me at least seems step back in time machine to 2006 ish, when markets adjust i will re-assess whether to hunt but for now just pass time in game and use uni ammo i have left.

The choices you have are :-

1: Try to adapt to new loot
2: Do something else and stop hunting
3: Quit n play something else or wait till further loot changes as they tweak system.

No point getting into an argument over this, different people have different perspectives and agenda's. For example i atm sitting on heaps of stackables so for me short term = good, long term not sure.

As for combibo, from your hunt log i wouldn't touch em atm from what you looted tbh... but that again is personal choice. If your happy carry on, if other guy isn't hunt something else, do something else.

Last edited:
I don't see how you cannot understand this...

If I wamt to make a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, I now have to go to three different store to get each ingredient. How is that to my benefit?

I don't know about you... but if I wanted to craft with wools... before this version I got them. In this version. I don't get them. If I wanted to sell them, they sold, but in this version.... I don't get them. So... nothing to craft, and possibly global/hof on and nothing to sell.

All the loot now has absolutely no mark up. There's nothing to stack and wait to sell because you just don't get it. You get ammo and shrapnel. Out of the TT garbage, almost all of it is ammo and shrapnel. Before, If I was willing to stack extractors, after awhile I would have a stack that I could actually sell, now, I do not get that. More than half the loot is guaranteed NO MARKUP no matter how much you stack.

I', not paid to kiss MindArk's ass and I'm not going to do it for free. Why the hell are you? Sure I can convert shrapnel to ammo... but you know what, previously, I had the fucking CHOICE of deciding what I was willing to sit on and what I was going to TT. I no longer have that. They removed mark up from the loot. One thing about this game that you FAIL to understand is that EVERYTHING sells at markup as long as you are willing to sit on it until it sells. The 90% bullshit requires that you SELL EVERYTHING YOU GET AT MARKUP. Remove the markup from loot and you lose.

Go hunt something a bit more expensive than Combibo Youngs and tell me how well your no MU loot is working out for you.

Look at your OP... you got jack shit for your runs and of all that crap, more than half of it cannot bring you MU.

At 100:101, you need 100 ped of shrapnel to kill just one more Argonaut if you convert. This is not a good deal.

When a game developer makes an obvious money grab, the people that come into the forums to offer excuses for it, FOR FREE, are the worst kind of fanbois. Congrats. You're the only type MA will listen to, so enjoy your extra deposits as new players and some older ones say "Fuck this bullshit."

I can see you are upset, but you are so blatantly wrong and missing the point its unreal. You are not even attempting to use logic, you are just getting mad and calling me a "fan boy". Are you kidding? My last major post was a HUGE criticism of the economy and Mind arks crafting trees - HARDLY fanboy material.

Here are some things you seem to be getting confused about, I hope it helps you to calm the hell down and try and use that organ inside of your head.

First
Only half of the loot is ammo + shrapnel, with most of that being the shrapnel which is 101% The actual ammount of ammo you get back is basically unchanged and really shouldn't be considered in the conversation. Ammo and shrapnel have different values.

Second

I have just demonstrated in my previous post how your overall markup of loot can increase. This is relevant to all mobs, because the MU increase is happening on all oils, not just muscle, and is happening on hides and wools too.

A large markup on a tiny fraction of your loot is not better than a small mark up on a majority. It's not really worse either, but it's far easier to turn around.

Thirdly

Looting all your items to then "global or hof" crafting is a ridiculous sure fire way to lose a ton of ped anyway, so why are you arguing about tiny slithers of MU when you are throwing money away anyway? And now you complain that the game makes it harder to do this?

Buying materials to craft is much cheaper than hunting for them, especially when we are referring to things like animal oils and wool that have such a low markup. If your goal is to global/hof (gamble) on these blueprints, go ahead, I'd advise you to cut out hunting all together as you will save money by just buying the materials.

Fourthly - and this is a repeat

"The 90% Bulshit" has nothing to do with MU. You get 90% of what you spend in TT back, roughly. Absolutely nothing to do with markup. Markup is a means of closing the gap between 90-100% excluding the markup you spend.

Finally

Once you cut away all the rage and backwards logic from your post, you do have one genuine complaint: It is now not convenient for you to gather resources to craft as you did before, all from one mob, and then craft, without ever trading with another player or stimulating the economy in anyway. Essentially all you are saying is: "MA have made it harder for me to throw money away", but since this is obviously your preferred playstyle, you can now only do this by:

1) hunting more than 1 mob, potentially needing different equipment, requiring you to interact with the economy.

2) Purchasing materials, requiring you to interact with the economy

3) Instead of crafting the item yourself, buying the finished product... interacting with the economy.

Sorry, am I fanboying too hard when I say it's a positive thing for MA to alter their RCE game in ways that promote more interaction WITH the RCE aspect?

Last edited:
Personally i can't see how this is better system but many people i speak to say it is. At moment mark ups will mean losses for most i suspect until market reacts to new drops. Seems shrapnel and ammo now make up most of loot as a % now, maybe different mobs give different results. On plus side there are old armours dropping again, heard kobold, pixie, nemesis drops have happened, but today these armours are kinda dated imo, better more eco options out there in (L) land.

Is a change back to old PE loot in a way, shrapnel/ammo instead of PED in loot + stuff. In old PE (project entropia) animal hides were like 200%, so maybe this is the idea behind changes. However for me at least seems step back in time machine to 2006 ish, when markets adjust i will re-assess whether to hunt but for now just pass time in game and use uni ammo i have left.

The choices you have are :-

1: Try to adapt to new loot
2: Do something else and stop hunting
3: Quit n play something else or wait till further loot changes as they tweak system.

No point getting into an argument over this, different people have different perspectives and agenda's. For example i atm sitting on heaps of stackables so for me short term = good, long term not sure.

As for combibo, from your hunt log i wouldn't touch em atm from what you looted tbh... but that again is personal choice. If your happy carry on, if other guy isn't hunt something else, do something else.

Remember this is only "phase one" of a new loot system, as per dev notes.

As for my choice in mob, I said I was doing this strictly for the iron challenge, which I am nearly done, so will complete. It was just a fun little thing I did in between other activities, and hasn't really cost me anything because they are so cheap to hunt anyway.

As for old armours dropping, when you think about the effects of this it's quite smart too... Hunting dropping eco (L) gear is a self contained system. Hunting dropping dated, less eco gear creates more of a market for crafted (L) gear, which in turn creates more demand for looted materials.

Remember this is only "phase one" of a new loot system, as per dev notes.

As for my choice in mob, I said I was doing this strictly for the iron challenge, which I am nearly done, so will complete. It was just a fun little thing I did in between other activities, and hasn't really cost me anything because they are so cheap to hunt anyway.

As for old armours dropping, when you think about the effects of this it's quite smart too... Hunting dropping eco (L) gear is a self contained system. Hunting dropping dated, less eco gear creates more of a market for crafted (L) gear, which in turn creates more demand for looted materials.

Old armours dropping is ok as it gives players something to loot i guess. My first looted pixie part was a good day :). As for your mob choice that is yours to choose, no critique on what your doing main thing is that you enjoy doing it.

I was just trying to calm you 2 guys down going at things from opposite poles, before started a flame war and thread closing ;). I know i've been there a few times getting heated in forum about VU changes (i hate vu's lol). Everybody has their own perspective on things, just sometimes in moment we forget to respect others perspective especially when something big changes.

As for my thoughts, i think market will adjust but i do think shrapnel and ammo % to high. Time to do other things in game for me at least, was hard enough scraping mark up before change now can't see a way until markets react.

Main thing is to enjoy what you do in EU, if not whats the point :).

Oh btw thankyou for hunt records, is interesting to see changes :).

Over supply of loot = nil demand = nil MU.

Lack of supply = increased demand = increase in MU.

Changes to MU will reflect as time passes.

==============================

Smart hunting will be required.

Entropedia will need to be updated.

Zaps loot table will need to be updated.

I think they sit around in their meetings and discuss how to make things better for us. They are dumb, but not as much to not understand that happy players = their money. Seems period when player were frustrated to higher value seems slowly ending. Changes are made for what was working in old days.

Damn that forum newbloods gets serious ;)

Well, three stores with 100% probability to get something are much better than 15 stores with 20% probability and having to wake up at 4 a.m. to take advantage of daily restocking. (Hey, it just dawned on me that up to now the loot system was somewhat like "advanced socialism" of the late Soviet Union :laugh:)

Some days ago, I argued elsewhere that this change might actually make small-scale crafting easier. Maybe I was too optimistic, I dunno. (I'm currently on Ark, and apart from shrapnel we aren't seeing much change yet.)

Back