Question: What is this new pixelated object appearance?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
Apparently MA has changed the way objects and avatars appear as they materialise near you. Like a bad PowerPoint animation say you walk into a room, all the avatars present materialise in a pixelated fashion which looks awful in my opinion.
I am running on very high settings and even cleared the shader cache.
What are the thoughts on this new method of spawning objects?

I was curious why this was happening, it really doesn't look good. I'd prefer they just pop up instantly.

Hi
Apparently MA has changed the way objects and avatars appear as they materialise near you. Like a bad PowerPoint animation say you walk into a room, all the avatars present materialise in a pixelated fashion which looks awful in my opinion.
I am running on very high settings and even cleared the shader cache.
What are the thoughts on this new method of spawning objects?

this graphic function made because reduce lag for old pc's that cannot handle alot graphic objects, you can see that it is now better in palces like shared loot and ect. Still it is not perfect but Graphic lag reduces alot.

I think they look kind of cool but then I'm usually perfectly happy to play on low.

this graphic function made because reduce lag for old pc's that cannot handle alot graphic objects, you can see that it is now better in palces like shared loot and ect. Still it is not perfect but Graphic lag reduces alot.

Are you sure?

I mean, if it's "fade-in", then the object would already have been rendered in memory, and the fade-in process is just a way to get it to appear on-screen.

I should add, when I logged on and needed to open inventory, I had a loooong wait (it taking maybe 2 minutes to render 7 bank loan deeds). I'm not sure if the rendering time is longer, or if it's a coicidence because right when I turned on the computer I got a popup telling that my MS Office installation needed to be updated and that I had to be online during the process. (MA had a bit of bad luck here I guess, with patch tuesday installations (wednesday) co-inciding with the VU.)

The "old" way was to render an avatar in a kind of terrible way first and then re-render in a "neat" way later.

I smell "ComPet concept art". Everyone run for the hills! :laugh:

Lag might be slightly reduced, but at the expense of increased RAM consumption; I'm afraid most people would prefer some lag to 'out of memory' crashes.

I smell "ComPet concept art". Everyone run for the hills! :laugh:

Lag might be slightly reduced, but at the expense of increased RAM consumption; I'm afraid most people would prefer some lag to 'out of memory' crashes.

uhh... eu is not a large memory user anyways, and we all would much rather run it in 64bit and using over 4gb of ram and have no latency rather than it continue to be a small process with bad lag. most of us anyways.

Back