Start loot tables from scratch???

Sissi

Prowler
Society
mjau
Elizabeth Sissi Habsburg
I have no idea how the transition of admin rights is going, but wouldn´t it be a good idea to start all the loot tables from scratch? Thoughts?

data will eventually accumulate to show what loots now drop from what mobs, and with what frequency.
in time the stuff that doesn't drop anymore gets set to 'no longer drops', but is still kept there though as an historical record.

problem with that is that we will have 2-5 pages of loot, of which 90% will be out dated. wouldn´t it be easier to have old and new tables?

I agree it should be done from scratch.
or somehow make a new "old loot" table.

Aye may as well be done from scratch, new loots have very little "mix" in them as far have seen so far.

I'd prefer loots older than x VU being hidden by default, with a 'Show old loots' button. The default value of x would be up for discussion.

Allowing users to set a custom value would be even better, but I'm not sure it's worth spending limited development hours on.

I'd prefer loots older than x VU being hidden by default, with a 'Show old loots' button. The default value of x would be up for discussion.

Allowing users to set a custom value would be even better, but I'm not sure it's worth spending limited development hours on.

also a good suggestion. as long as i don´t have to see that feffoid dropped mod fap 10 years ago.

Best qould be to have the historic data in a sperateed table linked on the mob's page imho. Whith a change of that size the loottables get very confusing.

Just read Haruto's, which would be fine as well

Great idea!

Showing so many historical looted items on each mob is one of the reason why I haven't used Entropedia much lately when I need such info. It's much easier to write it down in an excel or text file then to filter 5-6 pages of items to study the loot of a certain mob.

Not to mention that if you do a search for a specific item you will find nearly all mobs dropping it.

This would be ideal. The old data certainly shouldn't be removed. There are reasons why people might want to look at old data (including the fact that Feff dropped Mod Fap 10 years ago :D), especially for rare items but also, for example, to analyse market trends and developments.

...snip...

Not to mention that if you do a search for a specific item you will find nearly all mobs dropping it.

Which neglects the advantage of hunting in the new system. When mobs do not drop everything anymore it should not be complicated to look up loottables, but as of now it is quite a mess

Im not a crafter and im not too sure if this touches on your Thread , but i think also the failings of loot comes down to Crafting now vs Crafting back when , i have read countless debates regarding the geotreks and Isis guns that used to be crafted , and because such things have been nerfed it has created a domino effect , the loot is struggling imo due to inactivity of people cycling through it in this game , i could be wrong but thats my 2 pec :)

p.s i could go on and on , but my head hurts just thinking about it

May the HOF be with you all :)

Im not a crafter and im not too sure if this touches on your Thread , but i think also the failings of loot comes down to Crafting now vs Crafting back when , i have read countless debates regarding the geotreks and Isis guns that used to be crafted , and because such things have been nerfed it has created a domino effect , the loot is struggling imo due to inactivity of people cycling through it in this game , i could be wrong but thats my 2 pec :)

p.s i could go on and on , but my head hurts just thinking about it

May the HOF be with you all :)

Think you posted in wrong thread, we are discussing the possible change of entropedia loot tables, to make them more easy to use/search.

Think you posted in wrong thread, we are discussing the possible change of entropedia loot tables, to make them more easy to use/search.

hehe thanks :p

Also, please keep in mind that at least on Arkadia, mobs seem to mainly loot just the same things as they did before + sharpnell. If there is transition period, it is probably best to wait until all planets have transitioned...

Also, please keep in mind that at least on Arkadia, mobs seem to mainly loot just the same things as they did before + sharpnell. If there is transition period, it is probably best to wait until all planets have transitioned...

Isn't entropedia run on an open source wiki platform!?

I'm not promising anything, but I do have hosting lying around and might look into creating a small wiki for VU 15+ loot. If everything else is left out, it might be quite a simple task.

Isn't entropedia run on an open source wiki platform!?

I'm not promising anything, but I do have hosting lying around and might look into creating a small wiki for VU 15+ loot. If everything else is left out, it might be quite a simple task.

Would be good, i would use it for sure :)

Would be good, i would use it for sure :)

We would need to be quite a few so that it can become useful. All I would do initially would be setting the tables up so people can start adding stuff.

And who are you all suggesting to do all this work? Just curious.

And who are you all suggesting to do all this work? Just curious.

There has been talk about entropedia needing upgrades and such be4 here on forum and several people have said they would like to contribute. Filling in loot and such has been done by players previously as well. AFAIK there are problems with transferring admin rights or something.

There has been talk about entropedia needing upgrades and such be4 here on forum and several people have said they would like to contribute. Filling in loot and such has been done by players previously as well. AFAIK there are problems with transferring admin rights or something.

Hi, i'm currently working on entropedia and have taken over, so everyone's suggestions are highly appreciated.

Happy to hear that since all these ideas sounds great and i would more than love to see them be put into reality.

This may seem like the bleeding obvious, but you guys do know that if you clik on the header of the 'Last VU' column of the loot table, it will sort it by most recent drop? Makes it very easy to see what's dropped 'recently'.

This may seem like the bleeding obvious, but you guys do know that if you clik on the header of the 'Last VU' column of the loot table, it will sort it by most recent drop? Makes it very easy to see what's dropped 'recently'.

Thing is people dont want pages of non current things listed. Loot tables in game have changed. Entropedia needs to change to reflect it. No reason to have all 5000 pages of non current loot listed. As other have stated, add a loot history tab or something.

Thing is people dont want pages of non current things listed. Loot tables in game have changed. Entropedia needs to change to reflect it. No reason to have all 5000 pages of non current loot listed. As other have stated, add a loot history tab or something.

^^ Wot he said... Wiki needs updating and to move with the times.

This one, only needs a filter.

Then you close the page, then you open, oh wait, filter by this VU, exclude the erroneous, and it's no longer a quick look-up.

Simplest solution is to have a current and historic loottable - current for the current major VU (i.e. 15) and historic for previous.

We will see that (items aside) mobs now have a sub-10 item loot table. This should be reflected in wiki.

That is a good solution!!!! Every1 seems to be on your side so I request the thread to be closed. Problem solved by Serica, just click last VU.............

I've not suggested that sorting by 'Last VU' is the only possible solution, however some might find it useful in the short term.

Frankly, there is so much broken and bugged with the Entropedia site at the moment, and progress on fixes is so slow, that I'm reluctant to ask Siniko to add anything further in the way of new features.

When we haven't been able to add new missions in months, when the whole map/location section is missing for months, when the 'range' field can't be completed for weapons .. I could go on .. the issue of not being able to hide 'old' loots seems somewhat trivial by comparison.

Back