Start loot tables from scratch???

I've not suggested that sorting by 'Last VU' is the only possible solution, however some might find it useful in the short term.

Frankly, there is so much broken and bugged with the Entropedia site at the moment, and progress on fixes is so slow, that I'm reluctant to ask Siniko to add anything further in the way of new features.

When we haven't been able to add new missions in months, when the whole map/location section is missing for months, when the 'range' field can't be completed for weapons .. I could go on .. the issue of not being able to hide 'old' loots seems somewhat trivial by comparison.

I do see your point Serica, but this is not about fixing a bug but adding 1 table. On the other hand, I missed the part where Siniko took over entropedia, but as I remember there were several people offering their assistance in fixing entropedia, so my question, why is only 1 person working on it?

Only Siniko or Witte can really answer that Sissi.

However, so far as I'm aware, Witte (as owner of the site), had the opportunity to consider a number of different people to take over Entropedia from him. He chose Siniko.

Last edited:
I do not see how the old loot tables really matter except from a historical perspective. We are playing EU now and MA has fundamentally changed the loot distribution in this VU. I think it would be much better to start from scratch so a clearer picture of current loots is available.

Nothing worse than hunting a mob which used to drop X but now doesnt't. Fresh loot table would help crafters and hunters alike. I am currently always saving basic stone and basic hide extractors, but not at all sure whether what I am hunting is really dropping the items. I Hunted Droka the other day for a daily mission which said basic stone extractors were an uncommon drop, but I looted a significant amount from 100 kills

I agree in changing it because it sounds like this VU is a big shift in comparison with other past updates. Issue I see is that it still always lists what VU the loot was found in. This means each new VU the process will continue - so making this latest one different or a new starting point seems confusing when you connect it with the current process. Once VU 15.1 or whatever comes out then that will be the most current. (hope that makes sense - haven't had my coffee yet!)
I've never really had a problem looking on the loot tables and found the historical data comical.

Only Siniko or Witte can really answer that Sissi.

However, so far as I'm aware, Witte (as owner of the site), had the opportunity to consider a number of different people to take over Entropedia from him. He chose Siniko.

And why is only one person working on it? Please don´t tell me that helping to work on entropedia is such hush-hush job! And please don not forget that the definition of a wiki is that it is a community based project. Seems that if this is the official developer view of things then entropiaplanets wiki is the way to go.

Btw, np with the sorting function, see below

loot_table.jpg

ps. hate when instead of trying to move forward with some things constructively, the opposite happens.....

Well the tables are definitely changing. Just looted kobold gloves (M) from a combibo young. According to entropedia that isnt a loot for combi. Rewrite needs to happen.

Last edited:
There is a value to historical loot tables, though it only really comes up when loot changes a bit.

Some mobs over time dropped an item had a year or two without it, and then start dropping again.

If on a new VU you want to go find a particular part, it is good to know what has dropped in the past to narrow the likely looters. Again though the times this pops up are minimal and far between.

I agree Hidden is a great idea, many columns on the tables are already hidden, so the code is there it just would need a tweak.

Another thing - a lot of "rare" and "unknown" loots (and loots not entered) are much more out of date than the rest, as the extra clicks and entering a cause are a barrier.

This would be ideal. The old data certainly shouldn't be removed. There are reasons why people might want to look at old data (including the fact that Feff dropped Mod Fap 10 years ago :D), especially for rare items but also, for example, to analyse market trends and developments.

Reason I'd like the loot tables "cleaned" is:
- To Clean up for (L) weapons that no longer drop, such as Korss 400(L) (until one of those are dropped again, of course)
- To Clean up the list of stackables, thinking of the rather drastic change last week

Until now it's been kind of ok to have it together, but becuase of the above two Changes, it would be nice to start from scratch, with an option to see historical drops.

Maybe also have an option to remove the historical drop flag as it seems fit, for instance to clear the "historical drop" flag for items that doesn't fall into the above two catecories (like the mod fap, and oldschool items like EWE-10 and FAP-15 that possibly can drop).¨

To sum it up, what's probably needed, is for each item+mob, a checkbox "Historical drop" that is set for stackables prior to VU15 and to first generation (L) items and their counterparts. If a drop of let's say Korss400(L) or Thyroid oil from Daikiba happens, then the effect of the checkbox should go away.

Well the tables are definitely changing. Just looted kobold gloves (M) from a combibo young. According to entropedia that isnt a loot for combi. Rewrite needs to happen.

off topic: nice to see low armor dropping on caly again - I looted pixie thighs (F) from kerb (iirc, was a bit drunk) yesterday as well

This is not entirely on topic, but has any1 noticed a difference in loot when hunting low vs high maturity? I know that only 1 person is working on entropedia, but it would be really nice if loot tables somehow incorporated this.

ps. any answer to why only 1 person is working on it?

Reason I'd like the loot tables "cleaned" is:
- To Clean up for (L) weapons that no longer drop, such as Korss 400(L) (until one of those are dropped again, of course)
- To Clean up the list of stackables, thinking of the rather drastic change last week

Until now it's been kind of ok to have it together, but becuase of the above two Changes, it would be nice to start from scratch, with an option to see historical drops.

Maybe also have an option to remove the historical drop flag as it seems fit, for instance to clear the "historical drop" flag for items that doesn't fall into the above two catecories (like the mod fap, and oldschool items like EWE-10 and FAP-15 that possibly can drop).¨

To sum it up, what's probably needed, is for each item+mob, a checkbox "Historical drop" that is set for stackables prior to VU15 and to first generation (L) items and their counterparts. If a drop of let's say Korss400(L) or Thyroid oil from Daikiba happens, then the effect of the checkbox should go away.

The "No longer drops" setting does everything you want.

The "No longer drops" setting does everything you want.

Ah.

Well, then I guess someone with Deep access (able to do mass-updates) needs to set it in the database.

Is possible to filter that "no longer drops" setting when viewing loot table on a creature, so you don't see 4 pages with Resources that does not drop anymore (from that creature)?

To show what I mean; the loot table from Feffoid:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=29

This is not entirely on topic, but has any1 noticed a difference in loot when hunting low vs high maturity? I know that only 1 person is working on entropedia, but it would be really nice if loot tables somehow incorporated this.

ps. any answer to why only 1 person is working on it?

eg gradivor old is the only one maturity that ever give me vigi footguards and I looted quite a few of them UL :D

Is possible to filter that "no longer drops" setting when viewing loot table on a creature, so you don't see 4 pages with Resources that does not drop anymore (from that creature)?

To show what I mean; the loot table from Feffoid:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=29

You can in this page: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Loot - but not in the individual mob pages. Adding the filter in the mob page would pretty much solve everyone's problems.

eg gradivor old is the only one maturity that ever give me vigi footguards and I looted quite a few of them UL :D

I was more interested in oils and stackables, doing atrox atm (up to provider) and only liver oil drops, is this true to higher maturities as well? This is actually 1 part I always hated about the loot tables, you could never know (until hunting them) what stackables a maturity bracket would loot.

Argonauts from level 5 to 10 only drop animal eye oil. No muscle oil. The color of paint they drop now has changed, and there are only 2-3 extractors they drop (one is a rare drop). Only one component chip drops now. You wouldn't know this though by looking at entropedia currently because a) you'd be scrolling through pages and pages of drops and b) the vast majority of those drops are no longer current.

I think the idea to have a separate box for historical loots makes the most sense, but they shouldn't be in the same group as current loot.

I too believe starting fresh is a good idea. The old loot tables can just be put in a spoiler box that is renamed to something like "legacy loot". That way it is on the page, but not taking up space unless you choose to expand it.

You can in this page: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Loot - but not in the individual mob pages. Adding the filter in the mob page would pretty much solve everyone's problems.

Because of the major change in stackables in VU15, I Think you need somethign more convenient than adding a custom filter.

Normal VUs aren't like this. Normally, if a stackable is added in a VU, it will end up in the tables sooner or later. If one or two stackables are removed, noone pretty much notices until it's needed, and after a while you see when it last dropped at VU 7.5.1 or something.

I'd say that this change of loot should be counted as "exceptional" because it's like 90% of the loot (stackables) that's been changed.

I'm also with the guys who say a fresh start is needed. Entropedia takes an age to load now and a lot of mob loot tables are incomplete never mind out dated. Who got the time and web skills to do it though ?

I'm also with the guys who say a fresh start is needed. Entropedia takes an age to load now and a lot of mob loot tables are incomplete never mind out dated. Who got the time and web skills to do it though ?

AFAIK only one person is working with it atm, namely Siniko, Serica should be able to give more info. In previous threads there have been several people offering help, but to some odd reason only Siniko has admin rights and I have not seen any threads asking for help. :scratch2:

It should not be that big thing to create a new table.
The work adding the actual loots, could be done by comunity if we get access to edit it, what should be doable in a wiki.
Actually I can´t even log into wiki, seems my account got deleted for some reason I don´t know.

As said by other maybe switch to Entropiaplanets Wiki.
Really consider doing this and deleting entropiawiki.com from my favorites list, as it became a lot less usable since Witte doesn´t do the job anymore.

It should not be that big thing to create a new table.
The work adding the actual loots, could be done by comunity if we get access to edit it, what should be doable in a wiki.
Actually I can´t even log into wiki, seems my account got deleted for some reason I don´t know.

As said by other maybe switch to Entropiaplanets Wiki.
Really consider doing this and deleting entropiawiki.com from my favorites list, as it became a lot less usable since Witte doesn´t do the job anymore.

This :wise:

friendly bump for updated data.

One change that perhaps should be considered in connection with this (and requires zero coding) would be redefining loot frequency ranks. Those were coined back when mob ladder was much shorter and are barely applicable nowadays. (I'm not sure what 1000 PED run on punies looks like :scratch2:)

It might make more sense to define them as outright frequencies, e.g.:
  • more often than 1:2
  • 1:2 to 1:20
  • 1:20 to 1:200
  • etc.

Performance is the number one issue with entropedia not loot tables. Takes 1 minute of requests to add 1 weapon to weapon compare. There's something seriously architecturally wrong with the system that needs to be looked at.

Shame there's radio silence on that one and no help is being accepted :/

It's not just the loot tables on entropedia that are useless, it's also the mob locations...

Yesterday I went to all these locations...

Calypso 77532 91554 Merp Low
Calypso 68874 74148 Merp Mature to Dominant Low
Calypso 61534 79782 Merp Mature to Guardian Low
Calypso 74500 82700 Merp Old Medium
Calypso 72500 82700 Merp Old to Alpha Low
Calypso 75480 91032 Merp Young Low
Calypso 78144 91472 Merp Young Low
Calypso 73332 78600 Merp Young to Guardian Low
Calypso 80622 82401 Merp Young to Guardian Low
Calypso 69968 68768 Merp Young to Guardian Low
Calypso 63112 81557 Merp Young to Guardian Medium
Calypso 64344 85803 Merp Young to Mature Low
Calypso 20704 47696 Merp Young to Old Low Amethera Outback Land #51
Calypso 59422 84714

... And found a big fat NOTHING.

Whoever it is that runs entropedia needs to bite the bullet, get their finger out and make it useful and relevant once more.

Either shit or get off the pot. :tongue2:

It's not just the loot tables on entropedia that are useless, it's also the mob locations...

Yesterday I went to all these locations...

... And found a big fat NOTHING.

I have been updating the loot tables for mobs that I hunt, but it seems the map system is not working in entropedia, so I cannot add locations, etc. I agree that a system needs to be put into place for us to fully update the loot tables and the mob locations, otherwise entropedia is not as useful a tool as it could be. Perhaps create a legacy section so that people can see what used to drop from mobs if they want to, and have the main section be updated for what the mob currently drops.

Also, get the map up and running again so we can update the mob locations, please! :D

Back