Welcome to the (enhancer) jungle!

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
I am confused. Help me out.

I have a Karma Killer. It has an A103 slapped onto it. It also has an enhancer slot open. Which and how many of what to put there for Max damage!?

Going to do a run using 500 peds worth of ammo.

Help...?

Weapon Damage Enchancer

a I goes into the firsts slot a II goes int othe second and so on. The "lvls" are the slot that it goes into.

Tiers work in tier levels. If you have a tier 1.x gun then you will only see one spot unlocked to place enhancers. Weapon enhancers are level specific meaning a damage enhancer I will only fit in the I slot of your gun. You cannot place for example a level VI enhancer in your level I slot of your gun. That being said, the amount of enhancers you put in per each enhancer slot does not make a difference in the output of the gun. Only 1 enhancer is needed to get the benefit of the enhancer. What I mean by this is if you had 1 damage enhancer in your enhancer slot vs 100 damage enhancers in your slot, the gun would react the same. Enhancers do break over time so it is convenient to have more than 1 count per enhancer slot to ensure you have enhancers that will last you through your entire hunt. Hopefully that helps clarify things for you.

a I goes into the firsts slot a II goes int othe second and so on. The "lvls" are the slot that it goes into.

Thank you very much.

Any clues about the difference in damage and how often they break?

This. As to how many to use, it's hard to know for certain, but basically, every certain (random) amount of shots it will "break", so you need to have enough to last.

Others may have a good idea of how long they last on average.

On paper, they increase damage per pec, but when you take into consideration their %mu, I find that claim dubious. The material that go into crafting one are ~250% the given TT value of the item itself, so markup is guaranteed to be high.

Thank you very much.

They all independantly add 10% to damage - if you had 1 dmg enhancer V in the V slot, it would only add 10% also.

but if you had a I, a II, and a III in, it would be adding 30%

They all independantly add 10% to damage - if you had 1 dmg enhancer V in the V slot, it would only add 10% also.

but if you had a I, a II, and a III in, it would be adding 30%

And that applies only to base damage I guess!?

So my 44dmg would end up being 48.4. With the amp that should give a grand total of 50.4 or about 51 dmg/sec.

Edit: Theoretical Max.

Last edited:
And that applies only to base damage I guess!?

So my 44dmg would end up being 48.4. With the amp that should give a grand total of 50.4 or about 51 dmg/sec.

Yes.

Also, I guess a lot of people has told you this but the karma killer is a level 100 weapon. Very bad idea unless you are close to level 100.

SIB (L) or SIB UL is the way to skill up.

Or eat 2 million ped worth of chips :)

Bookmark this link too: http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

Yes.

Also, I guess a lot of people has told you this but the karma killer is a level 100 weapon. Very bad idea unless you are close to level 100.

SIB (L) or SIB UL is the way to skill up.

Or eat 2 million ped worth of chips :)

Bookmark this link too: http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

Only way to get decent firepower for the WoF. So it will only be used when I don't care about being eco. For my everyday hunts I'm still using my low level sib stuff.

Edit: Actually use Entropedia quite a bit but it wasn't until now it struck me that I could have checked there first...

Just a side note...
enhancers last twice as long in an UL gun as they do in a L one.

another side affect of using damage enhancers, it appears to decrease the durability of your gun. Example with slots 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 fitted with enhancers your weapon may decrease from 'above average' durability to 'average'
so the gun decays faster with damage enhancers fitted than it does without damage enhancers

1 dmg enhancer increases the stats of your weapon by 10%.
Ofcourse this applys to the decay and ammo burn too and not only to the dmg output :wise:

Only way to get decent firepower for the WoF. So it will only be used when I don't care about being eco. For my everyday hunts I'm still using my low level sib stuff.

Edit: Actually use Entropedia quite a bit but it wasn't until now it struck me that I could have checked there first...

Hey,
Before you use the Karma please check the Link O2 gave you and click on the "skill based"
Idk what level you are, but for example a level 40 with a Karma doesnt get 50dps he will only get 30 dps and a eco of 2.4!!!
Sometimes it seems quicker but a lower gun can have more dps.

I made that mistake for a long time

*actualy use this one:http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon

Sidenote:

While using an old style gun (LVL100) without beeing LVL100, you may use a Skill Increase Enhancer instead a DMG Enhancer.

Makes more sense to me!

Sidenote:

While using an old style gun (LVL100) without beeing LVL100, you may use a Skill Increase Enhancer instead a DMG Enhancer.

Makes more sense to me!

I was wondering that. So in that example, a gun which you weren't maxed on...your stats would improve on it as if you had more skills? Similar effect to dmg enhancer in that case but with no increase in ammo burn because it's not actually a dmg enhancer?

Also...over time if you own a UL old style gun and added only skill increase enhancers...you could gradually gain until you almost maxed it as you unlocked slots? Use them to compensate for your lack of skills until you actually had them?

Taken me a while to understand all this stuff, mainly because there seems to be 2 ways to tiers stuff...use and by adding ingredients? Or maybe I still don't get it :)

Taken me a while to understand all this stuff, mainly because there seems to be 2 ways to tiers stuff...use and by adding ingredients? Or maybe I still don't get it :)

UL item need extra materials, like garnets, to be tiered up. If someone with high Tier profession does it you are likely to receive more of the materials back when finished and you may skip a couple 10ths of a tier level.

(L) items automatically tier up as they are used. Nothing else is needed.

Thank you very much.

My rule is to use a stack of 5 in the slot if I am going to use the item for a session. And a stack of 10 for mining - although that has improved with a recent VU.

Break rate is random, using a rack of 8 enhancers, sometimes I lose 20 enhancers in a hunt (600 ped ammo hunts) others none.

Skill enhancers are barely worth it from what I can tell. Certainly will not see any notable positive changes on a Karma Killer at any prof.

I would reconsider the weapon also, your max dps is going to be a % of normal. And frankly there are many (L) low end guns with better dps than that.

I wouldn't break my brain over it though....higher decay and lower eco will boost skill rate, and loot should equalize anyhow. I used UL non-sib for many years, and loved it. If not for the gun I have now I would still be UL non SIB.

Back