Will Laser/BLP ammo be removed from loot now?

Hehe, sure, will be exchanged to universal ammo :laugh:

offtopic, what is dropping explosives atm?
not seen any so far, tried alot diff mobs.

offtopic, what is dropping explosives atm?
not seen any so far, tried alot diff mobs.

Ark's Otorugi do drop explosives but negligible amount (2 ped tt after 400 ped run). Apparently amount was decreased on all mobs.

Just use UA for explosives. I'm not a massive fan of dumbing down ammo types (yes to L,M,H laser and blp cells) but anything that removes ammo from loot (and converts it to shrapnel) is good.

Explosives ... they are cannot be replaced by UA...

No need for laser/blp in loot.

All ammo should be removed and dropped as UA. Makes tracking so much easier.

Edit: All ammo such as laser/blp ...no opinion on explosives dont use them myself

Removed and converted to Shrapnel - if they need to drop 1% less equivalent Shrapnel this would still be good.

Personally I don't mind shrapnel, but I think it should be capped at 50% of all loot.
Also Ammo should be removed or if not removed included in the 50% and drops as universal. I'd be much happier to shoot it than put it back in the tt.

I just think more than 50% ammo/shrapnel is too much.

Also, and probably more importantly, I hate it when globals are all ammo or shrapnel. I want a weapon or something exciting to drop on globals not large amounts of the common stuff.

What I really mean is something with a Mark up. a free 1% in generous but not if it were 100% of the loot.

Shrapnel and ammo as a large majority of loot is why I and others gave up on Halloween mayhem. Items being on certain mobs is great but not when it is like this.

I am for replacing comon ammo in loot with explosives.

The huge amount of explosives in that case, will keep MU low on it, very good for those who like using it a lot.
For those who may not like selling it, its TT food, same as comon ammo.

Should be easy doable, so please MA listen.

I am for replacing comon ammo in loot with explosives.

The huge amount of explosives in that case, will keep MU low on it, very good for those who like using it a lot.
For those who may not like selling it, its TT food, same as comon ammo.

Should be easy doable, so please MA listen.

This is a great idea. It would also allow for accurate logs because you know exactly how many BLP packs or laser ammo you've used.

I have not looted any explosives on Caly since the VU despite trying a large variety of Mobs, I did loot some on Arkadia but I read somewhere that is going to stop soon as well

.....which begs the question, where are we supposed to get the explosives from, the current stocks must be finite. Personally i used to keep all the explosives I looted and use them in my rocket launcher which was a bit of fun.

Perhaps MA want to get the stocks depleted before allowing more to drop which seems a bit pointless, why have a weapon players cant use because there is no ammo for it, or maybe they plan to make it craftable - who knows

I have not looted any explosives on Caly since the VU despite trying a large variety of Mobs, I did loot some on Arkadia but I read somewhere that is going to stop soon as well

.....which begs the question, where are we supposed to get the explosives from, the current stocks must be finite. Personally i used to keep all the explosives I looted and use them in my rocket launcher which was a bit of fun.

Perhaps MA want to get the stocks depleted before allowing more to drop which seems a bit pointless, why have a weapon players cant use because there is no ammo for it, or maybe they plan to make it craftable - who knows

I'm guessing one of the following:

1. Either they are forcing MU

Or

2. Once most is off auction it will be available from TT

As a note:

I am one of those people who doesn't like UA. I use regen chips to heal and like to keep that separate from what I shoot out of a gun. If we were given the option of deciding which Ammo something was going to use, I wouldn't mind it so much.

The other downside is it cannot be TTed. And that can screw you out of opportunities.

The "realism" excuse given for shrapnel and ammo as loot is a joke. Want some realism? Who or what is going to have 150 ped of ammo and no gun?

Every item I have looted since this update has been of low TT value and coupled with a bunch of shrapnel. Thanks for nothing. Either give me a healthy gun or just the TT garbage. Not much use for an (L) item that's worn down to the nub and not many are going to want to buy it.

Haven't seen a Kallous-7 in the AH for a few days now. Not gonna buy one at 250% when someone finally loots one either. Do you not want me cycling PED and depositing?

Bad update. Bad loot.

To much shrapnel in loot imo, makes most mobs pointless to hunt.

I gave molisk and foul a go but even with bones/teeth makes profit impossible due to low drop rates. I just hope they rebalance it some.

I really don't get why people are so happy with this change tbh, instead of the low mark up stuff we now get tt stuff that can trade for non tt-able ammo @ 101%. If you were patient and sold stacks at a size that would be bought, most mobs you could profit before the change. Now even selling smart the large amount of shrapnel makes hunting a pointless exercise imo.

Last edited:
the addition of shrapnel to loot seems a good thing but removing all the other loot is bad , ammo in loot should only be there when there is not enough micro pecs to generate a common loot such as oil or extractors
ive had enough of the 95% ammo and/or shrapnel in globals and hofs and 0 oils to be found

I dont get why people are complaining.

Prior to this VU most people ( yes MOST people, maybe not you ofc, but a majority of all players ) sent all their oils and most of their loot to TT, why? Cause it had close to no MU at all, and people want to get out there and hunt more, so they TT for ped.

After this VU.

You have to hunt for a longer period of time to gather a decent stack of any given loot ( oils, hides, extractors ).
A bigger part of your loot will come back as ammo, or shrapnel ( 101% if turned into ammo )

This means, no change at all, unless you always saved up loot, always. + MU will rise on almost all loot, just give it some time.

For the majority this is a good thing, most people just dont know it yet.

As i said before, this VU has been the best for the hunting profession in several years, perhaps ever.
( and no its not cause ive had good or better loot, its because i look further, at whats to come out of this )

Dont let bad returns during an event color your view on the new VU is a whole, its easy to do so and not look further.

Prior to this VU most people ( yes MOST people, maybe not you ofc, but a majority of all players ) sent all their oils and most of their loot to TT, why? Cause it had close to no MU at all, and people want to get out there and hunt more, so they TT for ped.

After this VU.

You have to hunt for a longer period of time to gather a decent stack of any given loot ( oils, hides, extractors ).
A bigger part of your loot will come back as ammo, or shrapnel ( 101% if turned into ammo )

This means, no change at all, unless you always saved up loot, always. + MU will rise on almost all loot, just give it some time.

As i said before, this VU has been the best for the hunting profession in several years, perhaps ever.
( and no its not cause ive had good or better loot, its because i look further, at whats to come out of this )

Dont let bad returns during an event color your view on the new VU is a whole, its easy to do so and not look further.

Completly agree with this :yay:

After this VU.

I do see that lowering supply will push mark ups on oils up, I have done very well out of change short term as i stored and sold in smaller stacks (at v.good mu btw before and after change). The big if in all this is will crafters and buyers stomach the rise in cost for their professions/crafted items. Also before many players simply crafted through low mark up stuff, now will sell and less part time crafters.

During PE time people were less aware of costs/returns due to ped in loot and less informaton out there, today is very different - lots of info available.

I'm not against shrapnel, and do see that oversupply was issue; just the high % of shrap+ammo concerns me atm. Guess just hold fire and wait for the mark ups to raise to a point where is worth hunting.

Adapt or quit.

Last edited:

After this VU.

I was one o the people who stacked my oils, wools and hides to either craft with or sell. Now I don't have the choice of stacking or trashing. Haven't got more than 9 Wools (all three types combined) since this update. Large striped cotton fabric was 1. A proven globaler. and 2. A good source of metal residue that allowed me to craft usable amps for myself when I mine. Kind of hard to do with no wools.

Plus, the loot is FRIGGING BORING.

ANd I am not going to buy what I ought to be getting from loot.

Bad update. Bad Loot.

Because there is no more explosives in loot :D

Actually I like the change, 101% instant for shrapnel is fine.

Already sold some oil stacks, at markups above 110%, great MU for something that was TT food a month ago!

I don´t want comon ammo in loot!
I don´t say we need more oils, no definately not that.

Just replace all comon ammo with explosives, thats all I want.

Plus, the loot is FRIGGING BORING.

It's been boring on low end mobs for a seriously long time and it's been even worse since they capped the loot on them.

I've already noticed some of the previously 101% items are rising slowing and yes I've been one of the players stacking all my loot for a long time.

Give it some time and we'll see some adjustments to balance out the changes.

Let's all focus on making something usefull and start spaming support about changing all regular ammo in loot into shrapnels !!!!

Back