FYI: New Monria - Calypso TP & Calypso pets

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
There is now a one way Monria - Calypso 7 PED fee teleport option. Traders can now engage more directly with miners and hunters on Monria.

Both Ancient and Calypso type pets can be used on Monria.

Any other planets available or is it only Calypso?

quick question, are you in ccntract with Mindark or Planet Calypso, if the first then the one way tp to Calypso is preferential treatment (not surprised btw :)

quick question, are you in ccntract with Mindark or Planet Calypso, if the first then the one way tp to Calypso is preferential treatment (not surprised btw :)

New Monria players download the Calypso client by default. The tutorial experience takes place on the Calypso Gateway. There is an intro mission which gives the new players the option to travel to Calypso and return once they have reached a certain prof standing level. Several servers are shared which is why Monria BPs drop on Calypso and vice versa. Monria missions show up mixed with the Calypso missions in the mission log. So as you can see there is a strong connection here which can easily enable transportation back and forth, which stays consistent with both the intro experience and the general dynamic.

Monria is a Calypso moon. All moons and asteroids that belong to Calypso have a tp to caly.

Monria is a Calypso moon. All moons and asteroids that belong to Calypso have a tp to caly.

well if I remember correctly they were talking about other dimensions and such, another point being that on the space map it sits right between Rocktropia and Calypso while FOMA and CP is right beside Calypso. My question was not answered tho, is Monria in contract with Mindark or Planet Calypso?

@Spawn, both FOMA and CP were sold as Calypso "land areas" while Monria got the half between PP and asteroid/LA.

Don´t get me wrong, I don´t want bitch about it, just thought it was inconsistent.

Monria is not a Calypso moon. http://monria.com/story-prologue
well if I remember correctly they were talking about other dimensions and such, another point being that on the space map it sits right between Rocktropia and Calypso while FOMA and CP is right beside Calypso. My question was not answered tho, is Monria in contract with Mindark or Planet Calypso?

@Spawn, both FOMA and CP were sold as Calypso "land areas" while Monria got the half between PP and asteroid/LA.

Don´t get me wrong, I don´t want bitch about it, just thought it was inconsistent.

Actually the old CND, currently FOMA, allowed the recruiting of new players. Players who registered accounts via the Club Neverdie website were born directly on Club Neverdie.

There is an agreement in place with Mindark. Planet Calypso agreed to let Monria use the Calypso Gateway to be able to provide a comprehensive tutorial experience. Planet Calypso is present in the Monria storyline, as I've said earlier. New Monria players are given the option to resume their activity on Calypso or stay on Monria. Because the economies are also linked, due to Monria blueprints being found on Calypso and Calypso blueprints being found on Monria, it makes sense to have more interconnectedness.

ok It once was a calypso moon... I stand corrected.

DSEC, short for Deep Space Extraction Corporation, established a base on the Monria planetoid, which was once a moon orbiting a nearby planet.

What you want a 7PED TP to Ark? :laugh: jeeeeesus

and your problem with that is??? geographically speaking Monria is now a separate semi-planet and as close to Calypso as Rocktropia and I find the explanation that in a made up story Monria was a moon once around a "planet" (doesn´t say Calypso anywhere AFAIK) very weak. I would rather scrap the 7 ped tp possibility and honestly I see no logical explanation to this preferential treatment. Has Monria pledged to pay for an expensive marketing campaign to draw more players? What have they done to attract more players and mind you they payed a lot less than other planet partners. I see absolutely no benefit for this extravagance from Mindark´s side helping space become more interesting, naturally if Mindark has no intention to develop space then I will give my sincerest apologizes.

Since the launch of Monria we read on the announcement, that a different kind of agreement took place there (like F.O.M.A.).
The onwers probably had that option and choose that TP to "the main market" instead of RT for example.
and
I certainly don't have any problem with that or you

ok It once was a calypso moon... I stand corrected.

MA's announcement dated March 2013 mentioned a "planetless moon" on the other side of a wormhole. So Monria is actually located in a very far away corner of the universe.
Q: Where is the moon be located?
A: A mysterious wormhole was recently discovered in local space. Exploration of the other side of the wormhole revealed a strange, planetless moon. A space station is under construction that will stabilize the wormhole and allow travel between local space and the region of space on the other side of the wormhole, where the moon was discovered.

MA's announcement dated March 2013 mentioned a "planetless moon" on the other side of a wormhole. So Monria is actually located in a very far away corner of the universe.

So in other words we have preferential treatment! Don´t get me wrong, I am very aware of how to maximize profits and I see no problem with that, BUT don´t hide behind false pretenses... Connecting yourselves with any other PP would mean less profits, so at least have the decency and say so then. There is absolutely no problem with that.

What you want a 7PED TP to Ark? :laugh: jeeeeesus

No but they did try to remove the tp from Foma once but only put it back after complaints from players.

I just meant it as a query as I understood that Monria was supposed to be a completely separate entity to draw in new players and wasn't associated with any particular planet, I guess this changed at some point but it was not something I had noticed.

tbh there wouldn't be any problem if they limited it to new players less than a month or 2 old to move to any planet.

Or is it to facilitate players to prevent from being looted in Space?

@Sissi

It's not a question of physical proximity.

The interconnectedness is required in order to create a functioning economy. Monria was very much connected to Calypso even before this last update. New players were given the option to be teleported to Calypso via a mission on Monria and were offered the option to be teleported back via the Monria Travel Agency NPC on Calypso.

As I've said earlier, Monria shares some servers with Calypso. Monrian blueprints are looted on Calypso, Monrian missions are displayed in the Calypso mission tab and some ores that exist on Calypso are required to craft Monrian blueprints and vice versa.

As a hybrid model, the tools and direct control PPs have over their product are missing in this case and that should be considered. It's not a preferential treatment, but a sensible decision that makes sense.

If anything, the introduction of Monria created a new destination for space travel. Even with this one way TP to Calypso, Monria will generate plenty of space traveling back and forth to many destinations, Calypso included.

On the topic of planet partners; based on the information I have planet partners didn't pay MA a fixed sum like a licensing fee or anything like that. A planet partner just had to just prove they had the resources required to develop and maintain a planet to be taken on-board. I know there was one exemption to that rule when one of the planet partners paid a lump-sum to get a bigger revenue percentage.

Last edited:
@Sissi

It's not a question of physical proximity.

The interconnectedness is required in order to create a functioning economy. Monria was very much connected to Calypso even before this last update. New players were teleported to Calypso via a mission on Monria and were offered the option to be teleported back via the Monria Travel Agency NPC on Calypso.

As I've said earlier, Monria shares some servers with Calypso. Monrian blueprints are looted on Calypso, Monrian missions are displayed in the Calypso mission tab and some ores that exist on Calypso are required to craft Monrian blueprints and vice versa.

As a hybrid model, the tools and direct control PPs have over their product are missing in this case and that should be considered. It's not a preferential treatment, but a sensible decision that makes sense.

If anything, the introduction of Monria created a new destination for space travel. Even with this one way TP to Calypso, Monria will generate plenty of space traveling back and forth to many destinations, Calypso included.

On the topic of planet partners; based on the information I have planet partners didn't pay MA a fixed sum like a licensing fee or anything like that. A planet partner just had to just prove they had the resources required to develop and maintain a planet to be taken on-board. I know there was one exemption to that rule when one of the planet partners paid a lump-sum to get a bigger revenue percentage.

Sorry for pulling your balls and I do understand your stance on the subject as you have invested in it, BUT (always but :) ) players/investors who do invest don´t like changes like this. Yes PPs didn´t pay a lump sum to get their planet up and running and once again BUT they have invested a lot more than your couple of million ped and have a strong clause in their contract on gaining new players, does this apply for you as well? Everything else is just a play of words. The interconnectedness you speak about puts PPs in a serious disadvantage compared to Monria at a much higher cost and please do remember you are in contract with Mindark NOT Planet Calypso.

And one more thought, the part I bolded and underlined, were you free to disclose that part?

@Sissi

That information was made public in one of the community interviews streamed online. I knew about it way before my involvement in this project.

So a $150k plus many other expenses, purchased developments and lots of personal time invested seems trivial to you? Treasure Island was bought for $25k, while the whole of FOMA (ex Club Neverdie) for $100k. Also keep in mind there was a decent waiting time between actual purchase and the opening, which wasn't the case with the aforementioned properties. A couple of players with community websites received affiliate deals for free, without paying one dime. At some point in the near future Mindark will launch their affiliate program in which all players will get the chance to participate for free. Monria gets much more revenue from recruited players than from other PP players. There is strong incentive to try and recruit new players and money was already spent on that.

Last edited:
Sorry for pulling your balls and I do understand your stance on the subject as you have invested in it, BUT (always but :) ) players/investors who do invest don´t like changes like this. Yes PPs didn´t pay a lump sum to get their planet up and running and once again BUT they have invested a lot more than your couple of million ped and have a strong clause in their contract on gaining new players, does this apply for you as well? Everything else is just a play of words. The interconnectedness you speak about puts PPs in a serious disadvantage compared to Monria at a much higher cost and please do remember you are in contract with Mindark NOT Planet Calypso.

And one more thought, the part I bolded and underlined, were you free to disclose that part?

You seem to think Mikass is a planet partner.

I see absolutely no benefit for this extravagance from Mindark´s side helping space become more interesting, naturally if Mindark has no intention to develop space then I will give my sincerest apologizes.

:scratch2:

You don't want the space to be developed and more interesting? A better space is a benefit for all of us.

Back