Bitcoin deposits?

timmmers

Elite
Society
Freelancer
timmmers
MA have always been on the ball with new ways to do things like the GC etc. So I was wondering if there has been any mention of bitcoin deposits ? It seems a perfect method to me, easy to get for anyone with no requirements or verification and instant payment that can't be reversed by the sender. IT would make a sweet withdrawal method too for the same reasons. Very secure. No need to do account verifications and all that nonsense.

Oh, and no fees :)

I've had a good look around since I returned but can't see anything this, maybe they haven't thought of it or haven't thought it's for them?

A lot of people who mine them are on the higher end of the nerd scale and would probably like somewhere to be able to play with the bitcoins they have..in a lot of cases, millions of dollars worth. There are plenty of places to promote cheaply in the bitcoin community to people likely to give it a go.

Search the forums....... at least once every 1-2 months this topic comes up.

Hello Timmers,

As Bemo said this issue have been discussed periodically on the forum now for quite a while and the end result of the threads/polls have become very predicatable at this point.

Here is one of the more recent posts on the subject. I would suggest giving it a read if you want some of the community comments on bitcoin, there are opinions from both sides of the fence and quite a bit of discussion in this one.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-you-think-Bitcoin-should-be-a-payment-option

Best regards
Zweshi

Thanks folks.

Dunno how I couldn't see it, search isn't great and 4 years away ...nightmare with all the new stuff to me.

Wow, a lot of very uninformed people in that thread. Never mind. :)

Sorry to start it off again.

Why such preferential treatment of bitcoin, what about the dozens of other altcoins/cryptocurrencies out there?

Why such preferential treatment of bitcoin, what about the dozens of other altcoins/cryptocurrencies out there?

Because bitcoin is the oldest, the strongest network, the strongest merchants acceptance.
People can transform alt coins into btc if they wish also.

MA have always been on the ball with new ways to do things like the GC etc. So I was wondering if there has been any mention of bitcoin deposits ? It seems a perfect method to me, easy to get for anyone with no requirements or verification and instant payment that can't be reversed by the sender. IT would make a sweet withdrawal method too for the same reasons. Very secure. No need to do account verifications and all that nonsense.

Oh, and no fees :)

I've had a good look around since I returned but can't see anything this, maybe they haven't thought of it or haven't thought it's for them?

A lot of people who mine them are on the higher end of the nerd scale and would probably like somewhere to be able to play with the bitcoins they have..in a lot of cases, millions of dollars worth. There are plenty of places to promote cheaply in the bitcoin community to people likely to give it a go.

This was brought up months ago, at a time where MindArk could have gotten a huge benefit, and huge pr out of it.
It's still the case tho, but not like the impact it could have done.

*Read servers dying = impact :p*

ps: It's worth noting that paypal which is used in EU I believe, is going the crypto acceptance way -and not just bitcoin- , so in a way, it's happening, but without any free pr for MA ;), which is stupid.

This was brought up months ago, at a time where MindArk could have gotten a huge benefit, and huge pr out of it.
It's still the case tho, but not like the impact it could have done.

*Read servers dying = impact :p*

ps: It's worth noting that paypal which is used in EU I believe, is going the crypto acceptance way -and not just bitcoin- , so in a way, it's happening, but without any free pr for MA ;), which is stupid.

Personally, i think MA just went the lazy route and did not explore the amazing opportunity in terms of marketing and free PR they had with this.. The fizz is out now tho for the PR, but it could still bring more deposits into the game..

PS : There could be legal issues with regards to Swedish laws which i am not aware of but i sure as hell hope they did get there legal team to give an opinion and consider this as an option at least.

Personally, i think MA just went the lazy route and did not explore the amazing opportunity in terms of marketing and free PR they had with this.. The fizz is out now tho for the PR, but it could still bring more deposits into the game..

PS : There could be legal issues with regards to Swedish laws which i am not aware of but i sure as hell hope they did get there legal team to give an opinion and consider this as an option at least.

I tend to think you are right about the lazy route and some possible legal issues annoying for MA.
I also believe that even tho, the impact would have been so much greater, when the first threads were made about it months ago, it would still have a positive impact to implement it now, without relying on passive paypal way to deposit money through bitcoin/Litecoin/Doge and so on (which is what Paypal is in process of implementing if not already live ,as far as I remember).
They could have a nice marketing income because of it, whatever the way they use to advertise it.

ps:As it's been said before, cryptocurrency obviously are here to stay ;).

ps:As it's been said before, cryptocurrency obviously are here to stay ;).

probably, question is rather to what extent it will be used (world turnover) and how fragmented it will be become due to massive amounts of cryptocurrencies.

You guys are crazy to think MA has the ability to implement this successfully.

probably, question is rather to what extent it will be used (world turnover) and how fragmented it will be become due to massive amounts of cryptocurrencies.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see which currency stay strong and alive, and manage to be used more and more in daily lives.
It's all about securizing network, and managing to get a stable currency in the end, however the stability is irrelevant since merchants do not have to handle volatility, which make it as good as "paper money".

Indeed, it will be interesting to see which currency stay strong and alive, and manage to be used more and more in daily lives.
It's all about securizing network, and managing to get a stable currency in the end, however the stability is irrelevant since merchants do not have to handle volatility, which make it as good as "paper money".

Uhum, bolded part is definitely untrue! Don´t make alternative economic theories Squall. Please reread your part stating that merchants are not affected by volatility.....

Another mayor problem as you stated is securizing the currency and TBH I seriously doubt that it will be possible to make it 100% secure.

Uhum, bolded part is definitely untrue! Don´t make alternative economic theories Squall. Please reread your part stating that merchants are not affected by volatility.....

Another mayor problem as you stated is securizing the currency and TBH I seriously doubt that it will be possible to make it 100% secure.

How is that untrue ?
As long as escrow agrees to handle volatilities for you, it only matters if you actually buy yourself a bitcoin for example at 300$ to buy something and by the time you buy something it's worth 200$.
Point is system is developping in a way, that you and me, and merchants, do not have to worry about it.

ps: I hope this won't turn into a rotten bananas thread lol.

Last edited:
How is that untrue ?
As long as escrow agrees to handle volatilities for you, it only matters if you actually buy yourself a bitcoin for example at 300$ to buy something and by the time you buy something it's worth 200$.
Point is system is developping in a way, that you and me, and merchants, do not have to worry about it.

I wonder which escrow will survive with such volatility in the long run?

bitcoin-creation-value-overview-1.jpg

was lazy finding a more up to date graph but I guess you get the picture.

I wonder which escrow will survive with such volatility in the long run?

bitcoin-creation-value-overview-1.jpg

was lazy finding a more up to date graph but I guess you get the picture.

The same people that manage to do 100% Btc / fiat profit on such volatility month after month.
And the same people who process huge fees from it.

You know what a stop loss is ?

The same people that manage to do 100% Btc / fiat profit on such volatility month after month.
And the same people who process huge fees from it.

You know what a stop loss is ?

Yup been there done that, tho only day trading, no long term systems :) And how about the traders that do -100% Btc / fiat? 2 sides to a coin. It is never healthy for any economy with such volatility, rendering long term planning impossible. It will be even worse when volumes picks up and bots start appearing.

Bitcoin and similar virtual "currencies" will never more than a fun "thing", it's basically just a payment method that adds unnecessary risk components to your payments.

Saw this the other day pretty good docu.

Bitcoin and similar virtual "currencies" will never more than a fun "thing", it's basically just a payment method that adds unnecessary risk components to your payments.

Then you don't understand the nature of bitcoin IMO.
And I am not talking about bitcoin, I am talking about the underlying protocol.
And the power of a deflationnary currency.

Bitcoin allows you to be your -own bank-
Bitcoin allows you to send money almost instantly -anywhere in the world without real fees-
Bitcoin does many things than just being a payment method.

Then you don't understand the nature of bitcoin IMO.
And I am not talking about bitcoin, I am talking about the underlying protocol.
And the power of a deflationnary currency.

You know the "deflation" is the worst thing in economy? Japan have struggled for over 20 years to get inflation.

You know the "deflation" is the worst thing in economy? Japan have struggled for over 20 years to get inflation.

Have you heard about nubbits ?
Bitcoin will most likely never be the medium of exchange in daily life anyway.
It is too slow to process blocks already.
Most likely something for big transactions in the end.
There is not just bitcoin, so being deflationnary is also relative.

I'm surprised it isn't illegal yet. The bigger any of these virtual currencies get, the higher the chance someone will put a stop to it. The big players don't like competition.

I'm surprised it isn't illegal yet. The bigger any of these virtual currencies get, the higher the chance someone will put a stop to it. The big players don't like competition.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

We are in the "they fight you phase" according to goldman sachs & co tho.

But the thing is...Kill one currency, another pop up.
Because crypto also means "freedom" of banksters in many ways ;).

I know some people don't follow this phenomenon but some replies can be quite funny. Paypal started accepting Bitcoin recently for digital purchases in US and Canada. You can probably already deposit Bitcoin in Entropia via Paypal or you will soon be able to.

Well, it will be a "geek" thing and never be mainstream. A currency can't work as an currency if it not the official currency of a country or a group of countries. As long as that is not the case, is only a form of payment method and transferring of real money.

Well, it will be a "geek" thing and never be mainstream. A currency can't work as an currency if it not the official currency of a country or a group of countries. As long as that is not the case, is only a form of payment method and transferring of real money.

That's what people said of the internet.

krugs.png

This is also the guy who subscribes to "inflation is a good thing" theory just like you and got a Nobel prize in economics. ;)

This is also the guy who subscribes to "inflation is a good thing" theory just like you and got a Nobel prize in economics. ;)

It's not that inflation is "good", it that deflation is very bad. So a inflation around 1-2% is the best thing.

Just food for thoughts.
You know that when paper money got created, it was backed up by gold.
That's how paper money has became mainstream I believe.
To the point that it got pegged to nothing.
Do you know how debts are created ?Why all the countries are so much in "debts" ?

Now, if you have gold, you can't just walk around and use it to pay anything, it's just not convenient.
Back to bitcoin and whatever coins : It's quite easy to have a wallet on your phone and pay easily about anywhere, with it, and that's also worldwide.

I guess the times are changing slowly.

Back