VU 15 - "improvement" to decrease the MU even more aka eat some shrapnel, suckers

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
The first phase of an effort to improve the distribution of looted
stackable resources will be implemented in VU 15.0, starting
with a majority of Planet Calypso creatures.
Veteran participants will recall how several years ago most
types of looted stackables could only be looted from particular creatures.

The benefit of returning to that method of distribution is a reduction
in the number of different items looted in a particular hunting session,
as well as more a more interesting hunting experience that allows hunters
to leverage wisdom gained from previous hunts. Loots for creatures on other
planets will be adjusted in the upcoming partner releases after 15.0.

1. My assumption is MU will actually go down on stackables before and after the release for ALL MOBS, reasons are trivial
a. 101% on shrapnels is not MU by definition (i.e. it is not added value paid by other people), it is tt food
b. there is more regular ammo thrown (judging by more decay on same tt ammo after release)
c. no more hofs with oils as used to be
d. the MU increase which you could have in theory on some stackables is quite insignificant and if it indeed goes up, the effect on economy should be bad since it increases cost to manufacture​
2. Other planets still have the old loot variety (except that they have also stackables), time to change = unknown
3. All maturities are now same stackable loot, what is the point of the higher maturities now?
4. The post of MA seemed to suggest we will go back to old days where the grass was greener and stackables sold better. Main reasons for low MU are the following (imho), you can't really fiddle with only with availability to get some positive effects, they are both part of the equation.
a. low player-base and activity in general
b. high availability + alternatives on other planets

Osseocollum example below, of course I am really pissed because owning the 2 LAs with them, and hunting them daily.
It would have been fine to replace the items that had a MU of 101% to 103%, but you replaced much more than that it seems.
Will update the information as I gather more data.
Items haven't seen since release in red, new items blue and kept items in green.

• Light Metal Plating - 2500%
  • Paint Can (Black) - 400%
  • Basic Leather Extractor - 135%
  • Heart Oil - 120%
  • Tier components - 120%
  • Brain Oil - 108%
  • Kidney Oil - 105%
  • Spleen Oil - 105%
  • Pain Can (Orange) - 105%
  • Advanced Leather Extractor - 105% - hardly selling
  • of course this had to be kept :(
  • Fine Hide - 105%
  • Sif-S (L) - 104%
  • Fine Wool - 103%
  • Soft Hide - 103%
  • Thin Wool - 103%
  • shrapnel - 101%
  • Explosive Projectiles - 101%
  • Animal Thyroid Oil - 101%
  • Liver Oil - 101%
  • Muscle Oil - 101%
  • Wool - 101%
  • Adrenal Oil - 101%
  • Animal Hide - 100.5%
  • this is in fact good to remove at least no more weight issues​
  • All of the below are in fact negative for me since there s no need to drop them they go to tt most of the time anyway
  • kinetic attack nanochip V (L) - 103% - hardly selling
  • all Polaris parts (L) - 102%, hardly selling and looted from plenty of other mobs
  • normal ammo - 100%
  • Basic Stone Extractor - 100%
  • Genesis Icerage (L) - 100%

P.S.
I understand the concept of the update, just can't understand anyone sane to assume that for a mob to be the sole provider of Soft Hide and Basic Stone Extractor (for the clueless, two stackables that osse kept on dropping and which have very little use) will increase (heck even keep up) the demand to hunt them... Unless osse is now gonna be the only mob that drops Heart oil or so lol right.

Last edited:
I tottaly understand your frustration.

Ossy is not an easy mob and quite the armor eater.

This is of course only the first phase of this "new" loot, let's hope it gets fixxed :)

Jay-Jay

That's the reason I am posting, so that the ones implementing this would know there is a fix needed. Will raise a support ticket as well. Thanks for the support.
This is of course only the first phase of this "new" loot, let's hope it gets fixxed :)

just wonder if those items Ossy drops are going "sky high" MU
I believe something like that is going to happen in a month or two
and....just my 2 pecs :silly2:
wait to see

Last edited:
just wonder if those items Ossys drop are going "sky high" MU
I believe something like that is going to happen in a month or two
and....just my 2 pecs :silly2:
wait to see
Will answer by a quote from the post itself.
P.S.
I understand the concept of the update, just can't understand anyone sane to assume that for a mob to be the sole provider of Soft Hide and Basic Stone Extractor (for the clueless, two stackables that osse kept on dropping and which have very little use) will increase (heck even keep up) the demand to hunt them... Unless osse is now gonna be the only mob that drops Heart oil or so lol right.

I understand your concerns, since you are a serious investor in EU
and I wish you things to go well with this issue.
tc

PS I think land owners/investors, should have better information (and treatment!) before such changes!

updated

Last edited:
There might be a silver lining to this. If they manage to get loot tables to fit into one printed A4 page *grin*, they might be able to assess better which mobs deserve a discovery when it comes to assigning new items.

bump it up!!!

I think we need to give them some time to adjust the loot tables and drop rates, cant expect them to get it right within a few days.

I have difficulties following the reasoning in the first post. It would appear to me that the poster says MU will drop, because there will be less of a resource available. I would expect that because a resource is less common, and some harder to obtain, that MU would go up... so which step am I missing in your reasoning?

wait so your mob now only drops heart oil, one of the higher mu of all the animal oils which i would think increase hunter to camp it for the high mu since now they know they wont get all the other shit loot and that's a bad thing?

aurli in dome one only dropping adrenal oil...now that i think is super shitty.

also the prots only dropping panc oil...one mob i probably will avoid now cuz will it's only panc oil.

I have difficulties following the reasoning in the first post. It would appear to me that the poster says MU will drop, because there will be less of a resource available. I would expect that because a resource is less common, and some harder to obtain, that MU would go up... so which step am I missing in your reasoning?

I did not understand the first time I read it also...:silly2:
It's the headline that is a bit wrong. What the OP is talking about is that they have removed the "good" loot from the mob on his LA and kept the loot with low MU, making it less attractive to hunt there. At least that is what I think is the point. :p

Correct, the markup on most stackables will go up but it will take time and it seems most people think it will happen over night.

Dont panic yet, eveything will be sorted out in time and this VU will help the game grow stronger.

Both sides of the coin won on this VU.

I am saying the general markup of the most mobs which had considerable MU in loot on calypso (osse is not the only one) dropped after the release. Maybe for individual components MU will indeed increase (doubt it to be honest mostly MU is driven on demand, it is dropping for other reasons than availability). But this won't help the fact some mobs including mine just dropped in general MU.
wait so your mob now only drops heart oil, one of the higher mu of all the animal oils which i would think increase hunter to camp it for the high mu since now they know they wont get all the other shit loot and that's a bad thing?
They dropped heart oil already before. It was quite rare and still seems quite rare. So osse have lost the MU on more often good oils and materials (spleen oil, kidney oil, tier components, black paint to name a few full list in first post).
Dont panic yet, eveything will be sorted out in time and this VU will help the game grow stronger.
I would probably be better off if it was done in sync for all planets. Now the other planets still drop the old stuff, most serious hunters will switch to those planets for the time being.

Based on the old loot tables yes, there is a lower markup, though things should be more specific now too.

I am finding many mobs are doing the same, but the same loot between them is no longer a big issue, If I need oils of any type, I now have a select group of mobs to hunt rather than anything, but I know proportionally I am getting more specifically what I am after, rather than a diluted % of total loot.

If I need soft hide, and I do use alot of it....I will hunt Osseocollum still. Heart oil...awesome I havn't found that yet, except on pop dragon stalkers. Atrox stalkers didnt drop any.

In the end I think things will be more specific to the mob, and when that happens the loots will hold more value and markup than we see now.

If people aren't hunting certain mobs...some things may see a big markup.

Added 4th point.
Seems that all the maturities are now same stackable loot, what is the point of the higher maturities now?

girtsn,
I understand your condition. However, what you have been getting less profit from your land, do not mean that you should complain. Regardless of how much you have invested to the game.
Acquiring land, you did not purchase guarantees that your income will continue or will grow, as well as all parameters (or loot) of your mobs remain unchanged.
You've invested in a dynamic environment, making it on your own risk.
I also draw your attention that the Heart Oil also drops in the loot from high maturities of Proteron or Feffox, and to kill them much easier and cheaper than Osseo IMO.
But I think you have to wait a while and you will see that the MU on loot, which can be obtained from Osseo, will also grow, and hunters come to you again.

... So osse have lost the MU on more often good oils and materials (spleen oil, kidney oil, tier components, black paint to name a few full list in first post)...

<removed> struggling to understand why anyone but you (only person in the game who owns an Osse LA) should care? :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Andy,
I see that you come from Russia :)
We have quite different understanding about investments.
And I hoped not to have invested in Russia where what you said is definitely true. But it might be that it is the case indeed :(
P.S. it seems to me that maturities doesn't matter any more, see point 4 I added.
Thanks for the opinion.
girtsn,
I understand your condition. However, what you have been getting less profit from your land, do not mean that you should complain. Regardless of how much you have invested to the game.
Acquiring land, you did not purchase guarantees that your income will continue or will grow, as well as all parameters (or loot) of your mobs remain unchanged.
You've invested in a dynamic environment, making it on your own risk.

I also draw your attention that the Heart Oil also drops in the loot from high maturities of Proteron or Feffox, and to kill them much easier and cheaper than Osseo IMO.
But I think you have to wait a while and you will see that the MU on loot, which can be obtained from Osseo, will also grow, and hunters come to you again.

<removed> anyone who hunts any high level mob on calypso should care <removed>
<removed> struggling to understand why anyone but you (only person in the game who owns an Osse LA) should care? :dunno:

Nope, they may simply need to hunt other mobs for spleen, black paint etc. And they KNOW they will get more concentrated returns of these things from those other mobs now (once they have found which ones they are)

<removed>

Seems that all the maturities are now same stackable loot, what is the point of the higher maturities now?

The bigger maturities will on average have a higher loot value than the lower maturities. This means that they will more often be able to drop high TT stackable items.

dude you hit the jackpot with ur mob only dropping heart oil, we have a very stable amount of hunter grinding on certain mobs, now that prots only drop panc and aurli only dropping adrenal and the hive from bram to all only drop thyroid to spleen, i think a majority of those hunter will shift to mobs that only drop farmable oil mainly being heart/brain being highest mu. i dont think anyone was previously farming black paint to pay the bills...i could be wrong but i am thinking you should be very happy your mob didnt get stuck with adrenal or panc oil...also if you think you LA is taking a hit then that means all the other la owners will be taking a big hit, if the new loot table for all these mobs = a noticeable decrease in hunting activity across the board i am very very positive that MA will make adjustments to increase activity again.

Dear Andy,
I see that you come from Russia :)
We have quite different understanding about investments.
If you had bought some shares Mindark PE AB, I could understand you (about your decreased income). But you bought the piece of the game which is worth 0.01 PED, without the possibility of compensation from the company that provides the service. Maybe I do not understand something, but I know, that you bought no guarantee, you bought only rights for current income. You only gave to other player your deposited (or collected by other method) money. Thats all.
Deed - is not share of MindArk PE AB. As a explanation - Arkadia Land Deed has a TT price 15k$, Calypso Land Deed - 0,001$. Do you not think that your investment is somewhat doubtful?
But I'll shut up, and I will not argue if you think that it is inappropriate

thanks for the reply. though i guess this just means that higher hp mobs drop more, which has always been the case - not that there will be more tt% returned.
1) will you remove the "normal ammo" and replace it with shrapnels? normal ammo doesn't make any sense now
2) will explosives only drop from certain mobs?
3) is this redistribution considered final or does it continue to evolve?
4) when will other planets be adapted to the new strategy?
The bigger maturities will on average have a higher loot value than the lower maturities. This means that they will more often be able to drop high TT stackable items.

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats like it always has been. Higher HP mobs dropped more tt (don't see anything special there). The whole point is about MU from that stuff.

thanks for the reply. though i guess this just means that higher hp mobs drop more, which has always been the case - not that there will be more tt% returned.
1) will you remove the "normal ammo" and replace it with shrapnels? normal ammo doesn't make any sense now
2) will explosives only drop from certain mobs?
3) is this redistribution considered final or does it continue to evolve?
4) when will other planets be adapted to the new strategy?

1) For the moment it looks like the ammo will stay in the loot.

2) I don't know, I'll see if I can get an answer in the coming week.

3) We will be doing some tweaking but don't expect any huge changes like in the last release.

4) There are now hard caps in place on all the "shared" stackables such as oils so in a way they are already affected. I expect they will adjust their loot lists accordingly in order to avoid spamming hunters with 30 small item stacks per mob.

1) For the moment it looks like the ammo will stay in the loot.

2) I don't know, I'll see if I can get an answer in the coming week.

3) We will be doing some tweaking but don't expect any huge changes like in the last release.

4) There are now hard caps in place on all the "shared" stackables such as oils so in a way they are already affected. I expect they will adjust their loot lists accordingly in order to avoid spamming hunters with 30 small item stacks per mob.

Hi Kim,

any thoughts on getting L items with only 0,33-0,5 of full tt? ie 120ped gun loots with 40-70 ped value.
another question is globals with only shrapnel and ammo.
and finally, what about melee users?

PS I think land owners/investors, should have better information (and treatment!) before such changes!

I understand the sentiment there, but I think I would somewhat disagree...

seems there's another perspective to consider, all players should be equal in some regards, and for highly invested players to get insider knowledge of changes to the loot system beforehand sounds a bit like an unfair advantage to me!

I feel for ya girts, as a LA owner and high level hunter it's gotta suck to see those changes... but it's dynamic! invest at your own risk!

as a casual mid-lvl hunter, I hate to see changes in the mu drop-rate like this on a mob like Osse! Hope it's "fixed"!

Back