VU 15 - "improvement" to decrease the MU even more aka eat some shrapnel, suckers

Nah, i used or consumed resources and materials i looted until now, producing items, tools and other for own use.
And i was happy to not have to pay MU to anyone because that could mean my game play cost go up.

TT game is what MA offer.
TT (MA) dont pay MU.

If anyone think that one item/resource on auction have too low bidout he can PM seller and offer him more and sponsorise that seller or reseller gameplay.
Any attempt to inflate prices mean someone will have to pay that inflated MU and that mean gameplay cost increase.

In that case I understand your point of view. If this new loot system works out as it is intended to, it should end up being beneficial to you.

What we really should do at the moment is get of the boards and start logging loot, just like OP did. It will be easier to have a sensible discussion once we gathered some data.

What we really should do at the moment is get of the boards and start logging loot, just like OP did. It will be easier to have a sensible discussion once we gathered some data.

Nope, we should all just stop hunting till all stackables are consumed

In that case I understand your point of view. If this new loot system works out as it is intended to, it should end up being beneficial to you.

I already asked for this in a separate thread concerning entropedia loot tables, namely start new tables from scratch.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?266495-Start-loot-tables-from-scratch

seems majority of people agreed. Unfortunately only 1 person is working on entropedia atm, might be better to switch to entropiaplanets wiki as they have more resources it seems.

Yet another idea that simplifies 'utopia'. Would be enough to make Mod FAP maxed at 100-150 lvl paramedic, and it will be huge non-eco on low levels like 20-50, and good idea to remove all UL SIB Weapon, and UL uber armor. Only 100 level maxed Weapon or Limited. Only limited armor. The game was killed with a huge quantity of UL SIB-weapons. Why you need to skilling to 100 lvl? Its enough to buy Calytrek TEN on 40 and voila! SIB weapon UL is wrong decision of Game Devs. This decision do not bring nothing to economy. A noob can loot Zero-Three from Beryc! It is wrong.

Thus for the production and looting armor, weapons, you will need all that we get in the loot and too many people to produce something like weapon and armor. And all osseo will be in use by hunters, and on all loot will be demand.
And would not need any changes in the loot that we see now. All items may have demand. Now too many people are not consumers of markup, but generators. Me too. But i'm not a 100 lvl, only 60+.

Yet another idea that simplifies 'utopia'. Would be enough to make Mod FAP maxed at 100-150 lvl paramedic, and it will be huge non-eco on low levels like 20-50, and good idea to remove all UL SIB Weapon, and UL uber armor. Only 100 level maxed Weapon or Limited. Only limited armor. The game was killed with a huge quantity of UL SIB-weapons. Why you need to skilling to 100 lvl? Its enough to buy Calytrek TEN on 40 and voila! SIB weapon UL is wrong decision of Game Devs. This decision do not bring nothing to economy. A noob can loot Zero-Three from Beryc! It is wrong.

Thus for the production and looting armor, weapons, you will need all that we get in the loot and too many people to produce something like weapon and armor. And all osseo will be in use by hunters, and on all loot will be demand.
And would not need any changes in the loot that we see now. All items may have demand. Now too many people are not consumers of markup, but generators. Me too. But i'm not a 100 lvl, only 60+.

Don´t take this as an offense, but there are striking similarities LOL

don_quijote.jpg

Again, you are aware that such a change would crash MU, bringing instability. Not something you would want in a RCE.

I like this picture. But this is not an accurate comparison. Nice try. Try again ;)

Well you are alone in your "crusade", so quite accurate comparison.

Well you are alone in your "crusade", so quite accurate comparison.

I'm not alone, recieved too many +rep today for my ideas :rolleyes:
There are many thoughtful people who agree with me in most aspects. Among them even Kim, but he can not make decisions, because these decisions may impact to corporate finances or reputation. But I'm not Kim and I can say what I thinking. Again - this is a forum where I can freely express my opinion.

There are many thoughtful people who agree with me in most aspects. Among them even Kim, but he can not make decisions, because these decisions may impact to corporate finances or reputation. But I'm not Kim and I can say what I thinking. Again - this is a forum where I can freely express my opinion.

Could you please quote the part where Kim agrees with you! Sure you are free to express your opinion and many people expressed their disagreement with your opinion, AND? point being. I made my comparison based on what I read here in this thread.

The game was killed with a huge quantity of UL SIB-weapons. Why you need to skilling to 100 lvl? Its enough to buy Calytrek TEN on 40 and voila! SIB weapon UL is wrong decision of Game Devs. This decision do not bring nothing to economy. A noob can loot Zero-Three from Beryc! It is wrong.

As this thread is derailed all the same... I don't think it's wrong, it gives a lot of people something to do.

(According to EL) 7 Zero-Three were looted in the last 365 days, and 19 total since March 2013 (not sure about earlier). Meanwhile, in the last 30 days alone there have been 160 globals on berycled young to stalker. Remember there's no iron mission on berycled.

I mean, the number of people grinding for the elusive chance of getting UL SIB is certainly bigger than the number of people actually looting it. And most of those grinders do consume markup.

Back to original topic of this thread... I can understand why Girts is worried but we need to realize MA has no interest in screwing him. While MA may screw something up short-term due to unintended consequences, they certainly want grinding on big mobs to go on and on and on; and if osseo hunting volume decreases considerably, they'll do something to reignite interest. I for one look forward to discovery of Zero-Eleven. :laugh:

Don't mistake it for anything else, this forum is full of greedy fools who would like a forceful revolution like one you are suggesting - since they have nothing much to loose and a lot of fun watching. Remember 1917 revolution, after that Soviet Union - guess you also think it worked perfectly :)
Power to the people, we despise the skilled and resourceful! Good luck with that.
There are many thoughtful people who agree with me in most aspects.

Dear Gewitter,

I addressed you in a inappropriate way earlier, which resulted in a bunch of negative reputation comments, so I figured I would try to straighten things up.

1. Your ideas lack backbone. You do not provide any valid information or have any kind of support presented behind your, at the least to say radical, ideas.

2. That the majority of people agree with you (which they most certainly do not) doesn't prove a thing. The majority of people are clueless. Most people lack knowledge in fundamental economics. Just ask around your friends about who they voted for in the last election and why and I guarantee you that no-one will reply "Well, I made an analysis of how the former politics turned out in reality by making a weighed comparison about the nations wealth compared to internationl conjunctures at said time. After that I decided to take a look at the countries current economic state, was there anything that would make the current politics beneficial for the time being due to global political state, or was it perhaps a uniform solution that could be applied at any time?"

3. Kim did most certainly not agree with your ideas, and here is his post quoted:

There's just no way that could ever happen. Its true that some items such as the mod fap should never have been introduced in the first place but now that they are here we cant alter them in such a way as it would completely erode the confidence players have for investing in their avatar, plus the fact that its a fundamentally flawed approach. What we can do to limit the effect of such items on the economy as a whole is to do things like item upgrade quests where two items can make one better etc, but on a completely voluntary basis.

Edit:

This:

Its enough for me. Dont know how enough for you

You cannot pick stuff out of its context.

Edit 2:

You see people!? Understand my reaction yet!?!? No need to push the negrep that fast.

Dear Skeptic, Kim can not saying something other (due to reputation and financial risks), but he said that these items is a mistake, and they Dev Team trying somehow to fix it

I'm just trying to show that here was too many other mistakes, that led us to the current situation with the loot.

Dear Skeptic, Kim can not saying something other (due to reputation and financial risks), but he said that these items is a mistake, and they Dev Team trying somehow to fix it

No, he did not. He said they shouldn't have been implented in the first place. That is not agreeing with you. Just because you are unaminous in one small part doesn't mean he agrees with you in everything you say. He then says that your approach is fundamentally flawed.

They're also trying to bring about gradual change, not revolutionary transformation. Revolutions tend to have unintended consequences.

Somewhat off-topic to this thread, but I strongly suspect Fanoos v1 (L) in Toulan TT was not a mission FAP put there by mistake, but a deliberate experiment to see how fapping market would react. If it was a mistake, it would have been removed much sooner - but it did survive several minor VUs.

Sceptic,

It's essentially not a matter, because my ideas will be not executed, it is you want to hear?
However, one turn after turn, and helix narrows. For 'investors' will be a terrible shock to reach the summit, although it will not be met now and not even a year-two later. Play safe, and do not depo more, than you can lose for fun!

This:

Its enough for me. Dont know how enough for you

Sceptic,

It's essentially not a matter, because my ideas will be not executed, it is you want to hear?
However, one turn after turn, and helix narrows. For 'investors' will be a terrible shock to reach the summit, although it will not be met now and not even a year-two later. Play safe, and do not depo more, than you can lose for fun!

getting close to slander....

Sceptic,

Yeah, right, that is exactly what I want to achieve...

You see, the current economic state in the world is not alwaays the intention of executed plans, it is often the consequences of them. Try to look at some historical events in the real world, like how the US tried to solve the lack of residents after the second world war, or how Soviet tried to create equality.

It is all much more complex than "do this because it seems fair". There is so many things that gets affected.

Now, i will put you on ignore because you refuse to answer my arguments. I would like to say that it has been a fun debate, but it has not, because you have kept pulling stuff out of your ass, refusing to respond to whats being said and followed that up by screwing with other peoples quotes. At least I tried....

Only two names for sceptics to end debate:
Sergei Mavrodi
Bernard Madoff
I do not for not implying anything, but nevertheless
The term investment does not apply to game, according its EULA

Only two names for sceptics to end debate:
Sergei Mavrodi
Bernard Madoff
I do not for not implying anything, but nevertheless

Comparing Mindark with a ponzi?

Comparing Mindark with a ponzi?
Nope, but you can read how many people 'invested' into virtual projects. Virtual project cant guarantee your investments, because don't own a real actives (read EULA carefully, you can return from your Mod FAP only 16$, not MU if game will be closed or many other factors (maybe I loot a 100500 of them :laugh:)). You can only hope that the game will be live in a decades (I hope too, because I like this game). But judging by your response, you have invested in it so much that inside you lives fear of losing everything. I'm not afraid, although my depos calculated in tens of thousands of dollars. That is the difference. I play for fun. And that's why we see so many complaints from 'investors' when their assets are impaired due to changes in the game.

Therefore, I propose changes that would be good for me and many-many others, but not for 'investors' who, if changes will be accepted, will lose everything in one moment.

Last edited:
Nope, but you can read how many people 'invested' into virtual projects. Virtual project cant guarantee your investments, because don't own a real actives (read EULA carefully, you can return from your Mod FAP only 16$, not MU if game will be closed). You can only hope that the game will be live in a decades (I hope too, because I like this game). But judging by your response, you have invested in it so much that inside you lives fear of losing everything. I'm not afraid, although my depos calculated in tens of thousands of dollars. That is the difference. I play for fun. And that's why we see so many complaints from 'investors' when their assets are impaired due to changes in the game.

HaHaHa, first of all, Mindark only guarantees payback on deposits made no less than (bit unsure haven´t read it lately, but 3 or 6 months), better read the EULA more carefully Gewitter. Second, in my 7-8 years in EU I have deposited a whooping 60 USD, did sweat cap and deposited before mentioned amount in 3 installments, so I´m really afraid of losing my "investment". 3rd I have never withdrawn money from EU and I´m around 85/83 in damage and hit in laser, so you can´t really say that I only use EU for the social aspect either. 4th I want changes that make EU better, not picking bits from different theories and mixing them up to suit my needs.

Therefore, I propose changes that would be good for me and many-many others, but not for 'investors' who, if changes will be accepted, will lose everything in one moment.

You are aware that said investors made it possible for EU to be around for so long.

Then I do not understand you, what do you care for Mod FAP or LA's?

And I do not think about my deposits to EU (in last 7 years) as investments, and just see them as a fee for fun.

Last edited:
Then I do not understand you, what do you care for Mod FAP?

And I do not think about my deposits as investments, and just see them as a fee for fun.

Does that mean that I can not have a Mod Fap, perhaps I saved up money. I don´t own such a fap, but that is really beside the point.

How you perceive your deposits is up to you, nothing to do with me. Why bring it up at all?

Completely did not understand you. We was talking about the fact that the changes in the game, particularly in the loot, affects to the income of 'investors'. Then I offered my ideas. How does this relate to you? If the changes I suggested, will help to increase the player base and economics? We can argue here, but have already done. Never mind that there depoed investors, but if it will help the game to get better, why not?

Back