Skilling pets all manual?

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Seems that the repeat action button as in auto tool does not work here, so are you guys doing it all purely manually or back to AC days?

All manually but then I never used an AC anyway. It's certainly more tedious now with the right click crap but at least we can skill them up at the same time as crafting :)

All manually but then I never used an AC anyway. It's certainly more tedious now with the right click crap but at least we can skill them up at the same time as crafting :)

If you bring your pet out with you hunting you can do tricks while shooting mobs using auto-use tool.:yup:

hmmm, yeah you can take your pet in all activities, and clic on it.
Just notice that you need a focus above 90% to get eventual % increase in XP/affection.
Under 90%, this is just pure money/nutrio waste.
Do tricks use a lot of focus %, wait for the focus % to rise by itself can be extremly long.
Now about skills, if you see one , give me a call...

No need AC since we have now an auto-tool...
But Mindark removed the fast keys = they dont want us to play in auto mode.
And with the focus %, play in auto is anyway destroyed.

Mindark told us the stage 1 would be like Taming was in the past, is just the next lie after the next one...

Notice that without the ancient pet deeds, strictly nothing would be like Taming was before.

Akbar is correct, your nutrio waste is crazy if you spam tricks.

For optimal training, you really don't want too much manual actions. I stop hunting /crafting every 15-20 mins do 6-7 tricks and move on.

You get exp as your focus ticks up, but none if focus is 100%...the timer isn't active. Skills are much more common with tricks. And taming itself gets decent gains in the beginning I am 11 taming atm, I expect it to drop off soon with level 5 being highest mob (arret).

I have gotten 4 skill bonus boosts today just letting it sit there and regen while crafting, even one for 186% at 15 min. You will get more skill gain and faster regen it seems when 100% affection and well fed.
You can run also out of ability to do more tricks, by lack of skill.

Akbar, the focus thing i don't think you are right on, I see the pet at 13% focus and I can easily get XP to go up with 100% affection and well fed...

As for being capped by skills, i am pretty sure I have a loooong way to go before my skills are not enough:)

Akbar, the focus thing i don't think you are right on, I see the pet at 13% focus and I can easily get XP to go up with 100% affection and well fed...

As for being capped by skills, i am pretty sure I have a loooong way to go before my skills are not enough:)

I'm seeing increases at low focus too but it is hindered massively compared to doing a trick at high focus. Either way I have leveled a hog (running focus down or keeping focus high) I've not seen a difference in nutrio cost.

How do I increase the focus once it reaches 13%?

Thanks.

Mine has never gone lower than 13%??:confused:

I hope you realize Kombinator that's the worst way to level up a pet, as you get WAY less Experience per nutrio than you'd get if the Focus was a 100%? I'd estimate you overpay maybe 8 to 10 times compared to "optimal" training conditions.

Not to mention the training, by this same account, is perhaps 6-7 times as slow.

This is a little part of the tests i've been doing :

Trick BOW :

At 99% each trick took focus % : 1% / 3% / 7% / 6% / 3% / 6%
so from 1% to 7% in average.

At 95%, 1st Bow 80% = -15% / next Bow 53% = -27%

Yet datas are certainly not accurate, anyway do tricks when you are 99% are bests.
Which honnestly is really a small range of possibility.

There was not this focus thing when Taming was first released...
...Why do they tell us Taming is back like it was before, when this is not true ?
5 years of wait for this...

Last edited:
Btw, on my tests above I had NO skill/exp
and globally since the so called taming is back i had 1 skill total for the rare exp showing up.
So all this is pure money waste while you watch stupid numbers increase on a window.

I kept the 3 capsules of 10hours 50% bonus skills i had from mentor gifts in purpose for taming (since Taming was supposed to be back like it was before), but no, i'm completly fucked up. (and certainly many other players).
And I will not use those capsules for hunting, hunting is a fucking joke, and a HUGE rip-off, at least for me.

on Side to this, you can take your pets with you on all activities...
But even the models are not solid,
- they will bother you while fapping : "you are not wounded" (how can this happen since they are not solid ??? - this with the ancient snablesnots pets)
- and they will increase the number of failed to move msg (like if there was not enough like this...).
- they interfer between your selections.
Make the models solid, and none of these will happen again, so no need to wonder why they have been designed this way...

The focus thing certainly makes it less efficient, and it seems you need to wait quite some time for it to come back.

Here is what I get from clicking a bit at focus = 13%:

Every 4 clicks I get an XP increase, so it takes basically 400 clicks to level up. This seems to be the same for all levels, I took a pet to level 6 so far.

There is a 1% food decrease about 3 out of those, so it takes about 300% of full feeding to level up in terms of nutrio costs.

You can thus estimate a current cost, where a full daiki is about 1600 nutrios I believe, thus it tkes about 5,000 nutrios to level up.

Not sure what the current costs of nutrios is, if someone can estimate we have ageneral leveling costs as of right now.

The focus thing certainly makes it less efficient, and it seems you need to wait quite some time for it to come back.

Here is what I get from clicking a bit at focus = 13%:

Every 4 clicks I get an XP increase, so it takes basically 400 clicks to level up.

There is a 1% food decrease about 3 out of those, so it takes about 300% of full feeding to level up in terms of nutrio costs.

You can thus estimate a current cost, where a full daiki is about 1600 nutrios I believe, thus it tkes about 5,000 nutrios to level up.

Not sure what the current costs of nutrios is, if someone can estimate we have ageneral leveling costs as of right now.

Yup, I was initially wrong about this. Yhe higher the focus the lower the cost per xp gained it seems. Tamlin has put together a lot of good data, also suggesting dance is the best trick to use for cost efficiency.

If you bring your pet out with you hunting you can do tricks while shooting mobs using auto-use tool.:yup:

If you use auto target, it will target the pet before a shootable mob which wastes time as you have to click again to shift to proper target.

If you use auto target, it will target the pet before a shootable mob which wastes time as you have to click again to shift to proper target.

You target your mob and start shooting it. While shooting the mob right click your pet or it's health bar and do tricks. You just keep the mob selected.:)

Anyone unlocked a skill after "Sit" yet for a pet? Just started lvl8 on my pet got sit at lvl6.

Anyone unlocked a skill after "Sit" yet for a pet? Just started lvl8 on my pet got sit at lvl6.

Nope, sit seems to be the final trick so far though it unlocks sooner on the ancient pets, but so far no one has reported another trick.

Nope, sit seems to be the final trick so far though it unlocks sooner on the ancient pets, but so far no one has reported another trick.

Ah thanks with that known what is the max level people have obtained with their pets so far?

I had "SIT" on my pet (ancient snab strong) at level 4.

I had "SIT" on my pet (ancient snab strong) at level 4.

The hogs have gaps at lvl 3 and 5 where they don't gain a new trick but the ancients don't, so ancients and hogs gain bow at lvl 2, ancients get roll over at 3, at lvl 4 ancients get sit and hogs get roll over, then nothing at lvl 5 and hogs get sit at lvl 6. then nothing for any of them. I don't know if an Arret is like a hog or an ancient, someone should test it.

Back