Downloading "required content"

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Just checking to make sure I am not the only one that gets this message each and every time I start EU. It also seems that after clicking the launch button it takes much longer to load than before. When I exit EU I also get a "compacting" message. I even tried closing EU before playing and then re-opened and got the same D/Ling "required content" without even playing. I didn't see anything about this in release notes and I hope I didn't miss it.

true that, please fix it.

Yes, all the same issues here and getting really bored of waiting for the game to load after clicking the Launch button :grumble:

it could just be a bunch of mini patches after the big VU

I am glad that I am not the only one, but not glad that is happening.

This annoyance seems to finish a bit faster if you sudo... er, run EU as administrator.

Yes, all the same issues here and getting really bored of waiting for the game to load after clicking the Launch button :grumble:

[h=2]
icon3.png
temp. solution to avoid the 2-4min load delay for game window (after a relog/ctd).[/h]
Before you relog:

• make sure you close the client loader window.
  • close/log out from the game
  • start EU/Client loader (wait few seconds if your OS tells you the client loader is still running)
  • Launch.....

Thread

icon3.png
temp. solution to avoid the 2-4min load delay for game window (after a relog/ctd).

Before you relog:

• make sure you close the client loader window.
  • close/log out from the game
  • start EU/Client loader (wait few seconds if your OS tells you the client loader is still running)
  • Launch.....

Thread

Thanks I did see this but I'm not actually relogging or ctd'ing, well haven't yet.

It happens even after several hours out of game on every log in.

On relogs/ctd's I would always do the first two anyway. Not sure about number three as never noticed OS saying anything about the game still running or do you mean in the task manager?

I figured it might be to do with the changing backgrounds which now seem to have appeared. Not sure why they've done this plus they look like they took 2 mins using a photoshop effect and not very professional.

Last edited:

I checked to see if it was mini patches. Opened Client Loader about 5 times and each time it did the patch and compacted dynamic content. Each time the Dynamic Content was around 12 gigs but different amount after the decimal point each and every time.:scratch2:

Also getting about a 3 to 4 minute wait before client screen shows up after clicking launch button.:dunce:

Not sure about number three as never noticed OS saying anything about the game still running or do you mean in the task manager?

Task manager yes

Made an account just to post a workaround on this since it was annoying me too.

It seems like the Client Loader is invalidating some data in a few of the pak files, then they have to be (re)updated again after clicking Login. It is only about 50MB of data before the game screen pops up, but there is actually even more downloading that continues in the background for quite a while. People with plenty of bandwidth probably hardly notice the login delay, but either way it's a waste of bandwidth.

What I've been doing to avoid this is bypassing the client loader. All it takes is a shortcut or batch file that calls Entropia.exe directly with the proper parameters. It was actually popular years ago for fast logins (with our passwords in cleartext!)

Example entropia.bat:
F:\Games\Entropia\bin64\Entropia.exe --run -disable_streaming_audio -windowmode

Use the batch file or new shortcut to launch Entropia instead of the Client Loader. The first time it will still do the slow login (unless you happened to close Client Loader before last exit) but subsequent logins should be fast. You'd want to delete the shortcut after MA fixes the issue, of course.

Btw, another option would be to just make a copy of the few pak files that change (shared_item_01.pak, shared_platform, etc). Start Client Loader, Launch the login screen (but don't login yet), then close the client loader, copy the good files back, then login.

At one occasion, I got a 47 MB download of rocktropia Arctic.

The only kind of bugs I Think can be solved with dynamic download is map errors (like, Buildings floating in the sky) - not things that are "programmatic" bugs (it would probably need re-download of client loader or entropia.exe).

It seems like the Client Loader is invalidating some data in a few of the pak files, then they have to be (re)updated again after clicking Login. It is only about 50MB of data before the game screen pops up, but there is actually even more downloading that continues in the background for quite a while. People with plenty of bandwidth probably hardly notice the login delay, but either way it's a waste of bandwidth.

What I've been doing to avoid this is bypassing the client loader. All it takes is a shortcut or batch file that calls Entropia.exe directly with the proper parameters. It was actually popular years ago for fast logins (with our passwords in cleartext!)

Example entropia.bat:

Use the batch file or new shortcut to launch Entropia instead of the Client Loader. The first time it will still do the slow login (unless you happened to close Client Loader before last exit) but subsequent logins should be fast. You'd want to delete the shortcut after MA fixes the issue, of course.

Btw, another option would be to just make a copy of the few pak files that change (shared_item_01.pak, shared_platform, etc). Start Client Loader, Launch the login screen (but don't login yet), then close the client loader, copy the good files back, then login.

I have cable and very fast connections but still is slow for me:(

Example entropia.bat:

Hey thanks for the tip. Works great!

Even easier to just right click EU icon on desktop and change the Target to exec from ClientLoader.exe to Entropia.exe (adding the --run command at the end). Now EU launches in 5 seconds as it should. :wtg:

But I bet the mini-patch Bertha just announced will fix this anyhow, but we'll see.

Hey thanks for the tip. Works great!

Even easier to just right click EU icon on desktop and change the Target to exec from ClientLoader.exe to Entropia.exe (adding the --run command at the end). Now EU launches in 5 seconds as it should. :wtg:

But I bet the mini-patch Bertha just announced will fix this anyhow, but we'll see.

Where is the thread for the mini-patch, I can't seem to find it.

Back